IMG_9225 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7311 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpg
IMG_7308 (resized).jpg
IMG_7307 (resized).jpg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 45.
#2001 2 years ago

LE castle stickers to cover that big silver ball drain. Got a few left let me know if interested

IMG_3297 (resized).JPGIMG_3297 (resized).JPGIMG_6247 (resized).JPGIMG_6247 (resized).JPG
#2002 2 years ago

It is a huge difference with or without sticker. My DiY-version looks like shown in the pictures. Not so good than the buyable ones, sure. But OK enough for me.

SAM_0782 (resized).JPGSAM_0782 (resized).JPGSAM_0786 (resized).JPGSAM_0786 (resized).JPG
#2003 2 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

It is a huge difference with or without sticker. My DiY-version looks like shown in the pictures. Not so good than the buyable ones, sure. But OK enough for me.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work! I designed mine as well.

#2004 2 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Nice work! I designed mine as well.

Thank you.

I like DiY-modding, it is not expensive (OK, it is cheap ) and has some nice effects and shows the love to the machine.
The plastic of the castle is broken a bit, so before i buy a new alternative one, i made some items to cover it.
And my last mod is the zero-Dollar-mod of the shooter house. It fits perfect to the premium. When i had a pro, it was adifferent one.

SAM_1078 (resized).JPGSAM_1078 (resized).JPGSAM_1079 (resized).JPGSAM_1079 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#2005 2 years ago

Testing the waters. Thoughts on list price?

#2006 2 years ago

I heard of an LE selling recently for $15k.

#2007 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I heard of an LE selling recently for $15k.

UUUUUUUUUH, thats insane! I would sell mine for what I have into it at $10k or maybe wait for the new series to come out.

#2008 2 years ago

Didn’t catch the price?

#2009 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Didn’t catch the price?

I would sell for 10K. There is a PRO on ebay for 10k OBO and there is one listed here at 10.5k. Pin is in Florida right now. If that pro sells for 10k on ebay I might just list it there for 15k, and come out ahead after fees. I would sell it cheaper minus topper and color dmd, but those additions really make it amazing.

#2010 2 years ago

Only way I’ll sell my premium is if I find an LE I can’t pass up. Hell nice premiums are probably 8k now. Haha.

Not ready to sell my premium to upgrade just yet.

Good luck!

#2011 2 years ago

A little add on for my LE. Think it turned out nice.

1C9CF25F-4206-4B62-BD2F-A6B69EA87148 (resized).jpeg1C9CF25F-4206-4B62-BD2F-A6B69EA87148 (resized).jpeg
#2012 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Only way I’ll sell my premium is if I find an LE I can’t pass up. Hell nice premiums are probably 8k now. Haha.
Not ready to sell my premium to upgrade just yet.
Good luck!

With where prices are, I’d say more than that for a nice one.

#2013 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

With where prices are, I’d say more than that for a nice one.

Looks like the one for 10.5k just sold

#2014 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

A little add on for my LE. Think it turned out nice.
[quoted image]

Who made that or where do you get it. Look 1000 X better than what I did.

20211026_101653-1-1 (resized).jpg20211026_101653-1-1 (resized).jpg
#2015 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Who made that or where do you get it. Look 1000 X better than what I did.
[quoted image]

PM and I can email you the file I used. I ordered it from collage.com. They have lots of coupon codes usually. I got a little out of hand, did one now for all my games haha.

1 week later
#2016 2 years ago

Quick question… can someone share which bulb highlights the throne when the ball sits in it? I’m putting an led strip in the throne and want it to light when this light comes on. Thanks!

#2017 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Quick question… can someone share which bulb highlights the throne when the ball sits in it? I’m putting an led strip in the throne and want it to light when this light comes on. Thanks!

why not take glass off and test out to make sure

#2018 2 years ago

why not take glass off and test out to make sure

I’m in the process of restoring. It’s on the rotisserie. So if anyone can advise here it would be much appreciated.

Also, has anyone tried to tie the Comet LED strips into the GI? Not sure how this affects the node boards.

#2019 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

It's bulb 245 https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/GameOfThrones_LE_Prem_web.pdf Page 19. Its the one that's in back board.

#2020 2 years ago

You. Are. Awesome. Thanks!

#2021 2 years ago

Has anyone tapped into their GI for lighting mods? Curious if this is bad for the node boards?

#2022 2 years ago

GI is on a special high-current port CN13 of the node 8/9/10 boards and can handle 1A per string. Be careful not to draw more though, there is no over-current protection there!

#2023 2 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

GI is on a special high-current port CN13 of the node 8/9/10 boards and can handle 1A per string. Be careful not to draw more though, there is no over-current protection there!

Great info. Thanks! I wonder if it would be good to install some 1A inline fuses just to make sure.

#2024 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Great info. Thanks! I wonder if it would be good to install some 1A inline fuses just to make sure.

Or just power everything with the service outlet.

#2025 2 years ago

I've been considering trying a prem. What would be a fair going rate for an unmodded premium today? I never like to make to low of an offer, but some that I have been watching haven't sold. I figured in this crazy market, if it doesn't sell quickly, it has to be way over market.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2026 2 years ago

8-9k at least in this market I’d say.

#2027 2 years ago

So hard to say. A year ago I would've said 6500. Now, who knows. 8K?

#2028 2 years ago

Depends on condition. Assuming good condition, I'd say closer to $9k as crazy as that sounds. Pros are selling at $7-$8k on games not near as good as GOT.

#2029 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I've been considering trying a prem. What would be a fair going rate for an unmodded premium today? I never like to make to low of an offer, but some that I have been watching haven't sold. I figured in this crazy market, if it doesn't sell quickly, it has to be way over market.

One just sold in Canada for $12,500CDN so around $9,500US. It was fully upgraded.

#2030 2 years ago

I had a nice routed but shopped Premium with Color DMD listed for $7,500 and got crickets. I think I got one person on Pinside that sent a message and instantly backed out and one on Facebook. Ended up selling it to a dealer for equal to $7k. There doesn't seem to be a lot of demand for this title for whatever reason. I'm not complaining, I still more than broke even, but I'd be careful paying much more than $7k if you want your money back.

#2031 2 years ago

Got my Powder coating installed. Looks white/gray but turns green and blue in the light based on the angle. I love how it turned out.

72E49854-77C6-4136-93CC-75141305095C (resized).jpeg72E49854-77C6-4136-93CC-75141305095C (resized).jpeg133D4164-39FA-4B71-8311-96E9A6F34858 (resized).jpeg133D4164-39FA-4B71-8311-96E9A6F34858 (resized).jpegE0FF73DE-BCC6-406E-BFF5-AAB98C7BE697 (resized).jpegE0FF73DE-BCC6-406E-BFF5-AAB98C7BE697 (resized).jpeg21375BC9-1F07-4CA8-A1C8-F4F64E5F1FA4 (resized).jpeg21375BC9-1F07-4CA8-A1C8-F4F64E5F1FA4 (resized).jpeg483C1648-CBD8-4E49-9D3D-9F8CB71ECFF5 (resized).jpeg483C1648-CBD8-4E49-9D3D-9F8CB71ECFF5 (resized).jpeg

FB4B6BCE-E25E-4103-83C9-39B3A6ABDBE5 (resized).jpegFB4B6BCE-E25E-4103-83C9-39B3A6ABDBE5 (resized).jpeg5B93FBE5-EC75-4346-ADBB-75F81AF94B6B (resized).jpeg5B93FBE5-EC75-4346-ADBB-75F81AF94B6B (resized).jpeg
#2032 2 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Got my Powder coating installed. Looks white/gray but turns green and blue in the light based on the angle. I love how it turned out.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe the best theme appropriate powder coating I've ever seen. Well done, sir!

#2033 2 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

With everything you've got going on there, some blue inlane guides would look fantastic. Cheap and look like what should have been done at the factory.

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-return-lane-guide.html

#2034 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

With everything you've got going on there, some blue inlane guides would look fantastic. Cheap and look like what should have been done at the factory.
https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-return-lane-guide.html

Thanks for the link, I’ll get some blue ones. I have red but already have the blue translucent plastic protectors in.

9717AED0-A652-4E57-98B0-C230A8310179 (resized).jpeg9717AED0-A652-4E57-98B0-C230A8310179 (resized).jpegEE580971-0632-40E7-ADB6-8DFC4CCC9755 (resized).jpegEE580971-0632-40E7-ADB6-8DFC4CCC9755 (resized).jpeg948F14CC-A903-4B99-813F-538613474A96 (resized).jpeg948F14CC-A903-4B99-813F-538613474A96 (resized).jpeg
#2035 2 years ago

Curious as a new owner of GOT premium. Is there a go-to guide for strategy?

And second, have most disabled the left orbit (Stern default)?

#2036 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Curious as a new owner of GOT premium. Is there a go-to guide for strategy?
And second, have most disabled the left orbit (Stern default)?

Lots of info here.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkfeetnClaXkEdfrfe1IVDMunDwD7p5Vk

#2037 2 years ago

Hahaha That's your amazing 10 hour tutorial! I watched this over a few days, truly remarkable. Thanks for breaking everything down and posting it. I often go back for specifics.

#2038 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Hahaha That's your amazing 10 hour tutorial! I watched this over a few days, truly remarkable. Thanks for breaking everything down and posting it. I often go back for specifics.

No problem! I use it a lot too actually.

#2039 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No problem! I use it a lot too actually.

It no doubt got me to Iron Throne a hand full of times. Before watching I didn't even get to Hand of the King. Playfield validation was the key to take my game to another level. Now when I play 99% of the time 1.5 Billion is a bad game.
Happy New Years to all pinball owner and players.

#2041 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

It no doubt got me to Iron Throne a hand full of times. Before watching I didn't even get to Hand of the King. Playfield validation was the key to take my game to another level. Now when I play 99% of the time 1.5 Billion is a bad game.
Happy New Years to all pinball owner and players.

This is a game that if you know the rules and the best path to get where you are going, and have good pinball skills, you can pretty regularly get to Iron Throne. If your only goal is to get to Iron Throne, just use the upper playfield to complete every mode. It takes a lot of scoring away, and some fun. It becomes repetitive: make three shots to qualify two modes, start modes, get to upper playfield to complete them. But if you avoid that (or change settings to not complete), then its a bit more rewarding to get there, but not almost guaranteed with good play.

#2042 2 years ago
Quoted from atum:

This is a game that if you know the rules and the best path to get where you are going, and have good pinball skills, you can pretty regularly get to Iron Throne. If your only goal is to get to Iron Throne, just use the upper playfield to complete every mode. It takes a lot of scoring away, and some fun. It becomes repetitive: make three shots to qualify two modes, start modes, get to upper playfield to complete them. But if you avoid that (or change settings to not complete), then its a bit more rewarding to get there, but not almost guaranteed with good play.

I mostly use upper playfield to add time when I'm battling house(s). I don't try to kill off any house(s) from upper playfield. I don't get castle MB that often either, unless I see that I've progressed thru it by accident. I noticed this is your only game and have owned no other. I would guessed that you are setting on top of the " Iron Throne". I'm still at, What do we say to the code of death? LOL Honing my skills.
Congratulations on mastering this masterpiece.

#2043 2 years ago

Doing the upper playfield to collect castle bonuses for beating houses up there can be massive. Remember. The playfield x up there is multiplied by the playfield x on the main playfield so 15x collects are possible up there. Free.

#2044 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Doing the upper playfield to collect castle bonuses for beating houses up there can be massive. Remember. The playfield x up there is multiplied by the playfield x on the main playfield so 15x collects are possible up there. Free.

Yes, I do go for the 2X and 3X. Upper PF.
But yes I see what your saying for a upper playfield 3X and lower playfield 5X. Big payday.
This is one reason I love this game. All kinds of ways to score and big if your trailing someone.
Thanks @chuckwurt

#2045 2 years ago

Yeah you’re a never out of a match when playing GOT. Never in jail at any point.

#2046 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

... plus the "castle collected" gives you a lot of points in Bonus as well!

#2047 2 years ago
Quoted from azur3:

... plus the "castle collected" gives you a lot of points in Bonus as well!

Yeah, that's one of the bigger benefits to collecting up top is the castles. If you use the upper playfield to complete, you miss out on the mode points. But like Chuckwurt said, if you are getting your multipliers up, you can still get decent points. The biggest thing that castles for bonus are only in the ball completed. So if you can get far into Iron Throne on ball one, you can rack up quite a high bonus multiplier, and with castles it can be worth a lot. I had one game where I got hold bonus, cashed in a 700M and 1.1B bonus on the two balls. The play overall wasn't great, but the bonus alone would be enough to win most matches.

#2048 2 years ago

Anyone have a right ramp that leads up to the upper playfield that they want to sell?

#2049 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Anyone have a right ramp that leads up to the upper playfield that they want to sell?

Contact stern or a distributor. They probably have them.

#2050 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Contact stern or a distributor. They probably have them.

I emailed Stern and did not get a response. If there is a number, I’d be happy to call as well. Regarding a distributor, you think Z. Meny might be able to get one?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 2,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.