Topic Stats

• 1,585 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 days ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 369 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

game-of-thrones-castle-walls-prem_1024x1024 (resized).jpg
20191012_125211_HDR (resized).jpg
FB192438-0E5F-4D65-B343-AC1B8D76ED55 (resized).jpeg
BFTW.PNG
Mammoth.gif
IMG_20190810_191244 (resized).jpg
20190721_205205 (resized).jpg
20190719_224354 (resized).jpg
27164C79-0709-41D9-9A62-D64684B58DB8 (resized).jpeg
220AC03F-33FA-405C-A007-DDE390312104.gif
20190625_212249 (resized).jpg
20190625_211606 (resized).jpg
IMG_3142 (resized).jpg
IMG_0604 (resized).jpg
20190508_161327 (resized).jpg
E9B880FC-CD16-4F5D-A9D9-521DACA1DE35 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1585 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 32.
#151 3 years ago

it jumps like a sumbitch!

#152 3 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

I don't have any other pins with drop target banks like the Lord of Light 3 target bank on GoT... I'm guessing this is normal but when the solenoid fires to reset the bank, if the ball is anywhere remotely close the force of the solenoid is strong enough to really affect the ball or have it take a small bounce. Since I don't have anything for comparison, just thought I'd see if anyone else's does this and might need adjusting ...

If you're running new code, every time you complete the bank, there should be a delay to let the ball clear the area before it resets. You might get the ball whacked by the bank once in a blue moon when it resets like this, but I want to say it has happened like twice in over 300 games on mine.

#153 3 years ago

Yup, on the new code and I haven't had the bank hit the ball, it's more of the vibration resonating to the table that causes it.

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Yup, on the new code and I haven't had the bank hit the ball, it's more of the vibration resonating to the table that causes it.

Oh I see. Haven't noticed but that bank reset is strong. I'll be looking for it now, so I bet I have the same thing.

#155 3 years ago

I've had the LOL bank reset kick the ball upward against the glass with a WHACK! - a few times!

#156 3 years ago

How is the new code working out for everyone?

I'll be updating my LE tonight.

#157 3 years ago

I had a fast bank combined with a drop target reset launch my ball onto the upper playfield. Not even joking. At least that's what I think it was, it all happened so damned fast. I'll be updating my code this weekend sometime most likely. What does this mean: "Implemented audio streaming"?

#158 3 years ago

Possible mods

Now just need the pin delivered

image_(resized).jpg

#159 3 years ago

Question -

Is there any kind of coating/film on the LEDs in the backbox?

I removed the backglass last night and noticed a slightly different color on a couple of the LEDs. The two upper left LEDs had a slightly BLUE tint compared to the rest.

I brushed my finger over the remaining LEDs on the left hand side and notice I was knocking off a crusty film from each one - with no resistance whatsoever. The LEDs all seem to now have the same color/tone. I found the same crusty film on the right hand side as well. The residue I knocked off was no larger than a large grain of salt/sugar, with a similar consistency.

Maybe this is some sort of protective film applied at the factory? I had though maybe this was an attempt to warm the color of the somewhat harsh LEDs (?)

Anyone see this? Did I ruin something??

#160 3 years ago

Hmm crusty film. Did you buy this game from centerflank?

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Hmm crusty film. Did you buy this game from centerflank?

#162 3 years ago

I installed v1.26 on my GoT LE on Friday, now the kickback in Castle Black keeps firing randomly and often. Anyone else experiencing this? I suspect software since it started after the update and never did that before.

#163 3 years ago

Eek

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I installed v1.26 on my GoT LE on Friday, now the kickback in Castle Black keeps firing randomly and often. Anyone else experiencing this? I suspect software since it started after the update and never did that before.

Is there an opto sensor in that kickback? If so, reseat the connectors to the opto board. Probably located under the pf just below that shot.

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Your game has a flaky opto back there.. Mine doesn't do this and it's the first I've heard of it.

#166 3 years ago

Going to swap out the rubbers on my premium soon... I could've sworn I saw instructions somewhere on removing the throne to get to the top lanes, anyone know where that was or can post the info? Thx!

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Going to swap out the rubbers on my premium soon... I could've sworn I saw instructions somewhere on removing the throne to get to the top lanes, anyone know where that was or can post the info? Thx!

There are 2 screws on the bottom of the playfield that hold the throne. They run thru the inlane post as well. It was much easier to remove with 2 people.

#168 3 years ago

my GOTLE has been sitting in dallas for the last week...
...waiting on the delivery man to come back from vacation

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

my GOTLE has been sitting in dallas for the last week...
...waiting on the delivery man to come back from vacation

Shoot. Tell them you will pick it up next week and that they owe you a "convenience fee"

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Shoot. Tell them you will pick it up next week and that they owe you a "convenience fee"

Exactamundo mi amigo

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Exactamundo mi amigo

No French on this thread please.

#172 3 years ago

baxster-spanish-1_(resized).jpg

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I tore into my machine yesterday, turned out to be a bad solder joint on the opt board. It's working perfect now

#174 3 years ago

I don't have a GOT but was over at thinkgeek and they have some GOT related items that someone might want to use a pin topper or to mod up your pin.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/gameofthrones/newest/desc/0/100/?cpg=90587210&msg_id=90587210&et_rid=969368034&linkid=90587210_feature1_gameofthrones

#175 3 years ago

It was the best if times and the worst of times.

Best - finally beat drogon 3.

Worst - I was on ball 3 and I bricked the shot for iron throne while it was strobing and center drained.

So close, yet so far away. Will sound stupid but this game reminds me of Tron and Portal MB. Every game I start it feels like it's within reach and yet it still alludes me.

#176 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

. Will sound stupid but this game reminds me of Tron and Portal MB. Every game I start it feels like it's within reach and yet it still alludes me.

That's a very fair assessment and exactly how I feel. Everytime I press start I know I have a chance at HOTK, WHC, and/or IT

#177 3 years ago

No GOT for me yet but I have fun stuff to put on.....waiting....

IMG_1177_(resized).jpgIMG_1178_(resized).jpgIMG_1179_(resized).jpg

#178 3 years ago

Where can you purchase the Cliffy shooter lane kit specifically made for GOT??

#179 3 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Where can you purchase the Cliffy shooter lane kit specifically made for GOT??

I bought directly from cliff.

Passionforpinball.com I believe is his website

#180 3 years ago

I checked out the website. There was nothing on there stating a shooter lane kit specifically made for GOT. I emailed him to see.

#181 3 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

I checked out the website. There was nothing on there stating a shooter lane kit specifically made for GOT. I emailed him to see.

Willy, please let us know what you find out with Cliffy... Curious here too!

#183 3 years ago

I recently ordered a bunch of eject protectors from Cliffy. One of them was GOT, just installed it last night and it fits like a glove.

#184 3 years ago

Mine is different from the PB life one as there is no adhesive. It has two holes, one which fits under the a pre-existing screw, and the other which requires another screw to be installed (it's completely covered by the apron).

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Willy, please let us know what you find out with Cliffy... Curious here too!

Yes he does have them in stock but not on the website yet. I don't know the price but he is sending my a Paypal invoice to pay. You can email him at crinear@comcast.net.

#186 3 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Yes he does have them in stock but not on the website yet. I don't know the price but he is sending my a Paypal invoice to pay. You can email him at crinear@comcast.net.

Thx Willy!

#187 3 years ago

LE owners.

Has anyone removed their side rails and put EL tape under them? I want to put red back there and tie it into the game so it lights up when the game is on. Seen it on some modded Trons and thought this game would be another perfect example of this due to the rails. Wasn't sure how hard it was to remove though.

ebay.com link » 6 X2 Electroluminescent Panel El Tape Back Light 12v 6 Colors With Inverter

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

LE owners.
Has anyone removed their side rails and put EL tape under them? I want to put red back there and tie it into the game so it lights up when the game is on. Seen it on some modded Trons and thought this game would be another perfect example of this due to the rails. Wasn't sure how hard it was to remove though.
ebay.com link ยป 6 X2 Electroluminescent Panel El Tape Back Light 12v 6 Colors With Inverter

Thanks for that...I didn't know that was a thing. I'll have to try it...AFTER somebody else does!

(I'd also like to say--and I know that I'm in the minority on Pinside--but I'm REALLY glad I got a GOT LE after seeing GB LE. I'm really not getting the hype on that machine, but I hope to play it this weekend.)

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks for that...I didn't know that was a thing. I'll have to try it...AFTER somebody else does!
(I'd also like to say--and I know that I'm in the minority on Pinside--but I'm REALLY glad I got a GOT LE after seeing GB LE. I'm really not getting the hype on that machine, but I hope to play it this weekend.)

I'll try it if I can figure out how to get the rails off without damaging anything. Hoping for tips/advice.

I'll be honest, I'm loving GOTLE. I wasn't sure I would since the rules feel pretty shallow at first. But the strategy of the game has me really engaged. I bought GOT for my wife (she collects dragons and loved the theme) but I wasn't to excited about it. That's changed.

I'd be lying if I didn't say that I'm really interested in Ghostbuster, mainly for the holograms, but I have no buyers remorse. BG has some cool features though.

#190 3 years ago

Is the Red DMD supposed to have this line/light on top of the blocks LEDs? It is not a line out, but a glow on the top of the LED blocks. It is somewhat distracting.

DSC01786_(resized).JPG

#191 3 years ago

That's the topside edge of the DMD display itself, illuminated from above by the backbox LEDs. The display is about 0.25 inch thick and is white in color, all the way around.

I suppose you could mask the topside of the DMD (strip of cardboard, etc.) where the light is entering, or paint/sharpie the white topside of the DMD a black color to be less reflective.

Now that you've mentioned this, I will not be able to un-see it myself until I add some masking. Thanks!

#192 3 years ago

Thanks for the explanation. Let me know if you do any masking and how it turns out. For some reason I did not notice it on my IMVE, but that one now has a colorDMD in it so I could not compare. The spike backbox LEDs might also be brighter than the SAM fluorescent tube.

#193 3 years ago

I am in! LE #443 reporting. Loving the game so far, just ordered the shaker that should have been included, cliffy shooter set, and plastic protectors.

got_(resized).jpg

#194 3 years ago

Just got my shaker. That's going in tonight...ahhhh...SPIKE shakers...why couldn't it have always been this easy.

One of my friends played it at my house yesterday for the first time and absolutely loved the machine. He told his wife he was only stopping by place for like 30 minutes...90 minutes later, she is calling him wondering where he was.

#195 3 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

Thanks for the explanation. Let me know if you do any masking and how it turns out.

Simple, 5 minute job.

1. I used a hard-card "slash folder" I had lying around (would have preferred a dark color, but red is fine).
2. Cut to 16" to provide a little mask overhang on the edges, 1.5" wide, folded in half.
3. Cut 3/8" deep slots to match the DMD board protector slots.
4. Punched 3 holes in the ~correct location
5. Fitted under the DMD board protector.
6. No more LED light bleeding onto the DMD

3-21-2016_7-00-34_PM_(resized).png

3-21-2016_7-01-28_PM_(resized).png

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Just got my shaker. That's going in tonight...ahhhh...SPIKE shakers...why couldn't it have always been this easy.
One of my friends played it at my house yesterday for the first time and absolutely loved the machine. He told his wife he was only stopping by place for like 30 minutes...90 minutes later, she is calling him wondering where he was.

Before you install maybe check the position of the weights on the shaker.

When I put mine in GOT, the weights were at 180 degrees from each other and the shaking was way too much...

I used an allen key and changed the position to 90 degrees and it feels just right

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Before you install maybe check the position of the weights on the shaker.
When I put mine in GOT, the weights were at 180 degrees from each other and the shaking was way too much...
I used an allen key and changed the position to 90 degrees and it feels just right

If you do adjust the location of the weights, be sure to CHECK the final position of the weights along the axis. The weights should spin freely without interference.

I modified mine to something like 135 deg, just the right amount of shake for me. Love it!

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Simple, 5 minute job.
1. I used a hard-card "slash folder" I had lying around (would have preferred a dark color, but red is fine).
2. Cut to 16" to provide a little mask overhang on the edges, 1.5" wide, folded in half.
3. Cut 3/8" deep slots to match the DMD board protector slots.
4. Punched 3 holes in the ~correct location
5. Fitted under the DMD board protector.
6. No more LED light bleeding onto the DMD
3-21-2016_7-00-34_PM_(resized).png
3-21-2016_7-01-28_PM_(resized).png

Thanks. I just noticed this on mine last night. Funny how I never saw it before. It doesn't really bother me but I might try a similar light blocking mod. Thanks for the idea!

#199 3 years ago

And somehow I missed this thread and I've been posting in another GOT thread. Proud GOT Premium owner here. So many players say the pro is better. I do not agree. Here is a pic of mine after adding the blue inlane guides and blue Perfect Play silicones. Also put in some custom cards from pinballboy, mylar in the shooter lane, and a new set of shiney's from PBL.

20160321_184124_(resized).jpg

20160321_184159_(resized).jpg

#200 3 years ago

Does this wire/leaf spring that is part of the dragon mech bother anybody else? I've been thinking about painting mine black. It's such a strange thing, someone else with an LE asked me if it was normal. I said yes, but it sure looks lame....

20160321_184241_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 26.95
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Union City, CA
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Beecher, IL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
There are 1585 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 32.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside