IMG_9225 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7311 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpg
IMG_7308 (resized).jpg
IMG_7307 (resized).jpg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 45.
#1801 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Try to lower the ramp as close as you can to the throne. When I first got my game, the ball would constantly fall out. Then lowering it as much as I could, it hasn’t fallen out once. There’s 2 screws/bolts that hold it in place.

Ok, I can try that, but it still seems the plastic throne is still not centered over the switch/plunger mechanism.

capguntrooper had created a "throne cushion" which he talks about here ->
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-311-left-orbit-fix

Looks like this ->

throne (resized).pngthrone (resized).png

Is there a post that explains what these cushions are made out of or anything?

#1802 3 years ago

I had to slightly bend mine to get the exit of the wireform directly above the throne. Once I got that adjusted, I don't think I've ever had a single ball fall out.

#1803 3 years ago

Unbelievable after getting Iron Throne last week. The 1st game I played in after giving it a rest I got my 2nd Iron Throne, Back to Back but a week apart. I replaced battery and played two rookie games. Lol

#1804 3 years ago

I wish the right orbit would always feed to the upper playfield during castle MB. should be more than one way to get up there since all the points are there.

#1805 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I wish the right orbit would always feed to the upper playfield during castle MB. should be more than one way to get up there since all the points are there.

You'd know best at this point but I thought it fed the ball up there when one wasn't already there. If a ball is on the upper PF then it didn't divert until you lost that ball. At least that seems to be what I figured out while playing.

#1806 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

You'd know best at this point but I thought it fed the ball up there when one wasn't already there. If a ball is on the upper PF then it didn't divert until you lost that ball. At least that seems to be what I figured out while playing.

See i always thought they go up there as long as they arent back to back and the vuk doesnt already have a ball in it.

#1807 3 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

See i always thought they go up there as long as they arent back to back and the vuk doesnt already have a ball in it.

Could be the case. I’ve just been trying to get them all up there during ball save as all autolaunched balls go up there.

#1808 3 years ago

Lately I've been getting stuck balls here on the upper PF. Anybody else get these frequently? They are all from the upper PF (i.e., its getting trapped from ball action from the upper PF). (and yes, I do realize I currently don't have the metal ramp flap screwed down).

20200502_152537 (resized).jpg20200502_152537 (resized).jpg
#1809 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Lately I've been getting stuck balls here on the upper PF. Anybody else get these frequently? They are all from the upper PF (i.e., its getting trapped from ball action from the upper PF). (and yes, I do realize I currently don't have the metal ramp flap screwed down). [quoted image]

Take a slow mo video of that metal piece. Maybe when you hit the ramp, that meta piece is raising off the upper playfield, this slowing the ball down. Just a thought.

#1810 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Take a slow mo video of that metal piece. Maybe when you hit the ramp, that meta piece is raising off the upper playfield, this slowing the ball down. Just a thought.

Its not getting stuck from the ramp though. Its from the upper PF getting stuck.

With the wire there, the ball is not supposed to be able to get under it from the upper PF, but I'm sure if the ball hits the wall next to it or something it causes the wire to raise up due to the shock, and the ball can just happen to move right under it in just the right way where it has killed its momentum so it gets stuck.

Its happened at least 3 times in the past 2 days so was wondering if it is a known/common issue.

#1811 3 years ago

Never seen that before. Make sure the gate moves freely and not binding.

#1812 3 years ago

You said you know that the metal flap isn't screwed down. Are you leaving that way? Or they were just out when you took the picture?

#1813 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

You said you know that the metal flap isn't screwed down. Are you leaving that way? Or they were just out when you took the picture?

Well...I'm undecided. I keep my pins clean, and this looks like a pin that gets dirty quick due to the coils of the upper PF. I don't like constantly removing wood screws that are directly on a PF (like ramps) if I can help it, and since I'll be removing the upper PF frequently to clean and don't see much advantage to screwing that flap down, I probably won't.

Actually...the main issue with those two screws is that with my right ramp I have to push it moderately hard towards the front of the pin to get those two screws aligned, so it also puts a lot of stress on the right ramp entrance flap screws. There is already a hex post screw at the top of the right ramp that keeps it in place so the wood screws that attach to the upper PF are a bit superfluous.

My general finding with the pin is that it is "over screwed". There are 13 screws/nuts that hold the protector plastic below the upper PF for example.

#1814 3 years ago

delete

#1815 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Never seen that before. Make sure the gate moves freely and not binding.

Yeah, moves freely. I just played a game and happened again. I can free it with a good nudge but always results in a tilt warning.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Could be the case. I’ve just been trying to get them all up there during ball save as all autolaunched balls go up there.

Yeah...I just played and verified that the right orbit does send balls up to the upper PF. I held a ball on lower right flipper and used the left lower to keep sending balls to the Upper via the right orbit, like 5 times in a row. Its great staged flipper practice too.

#1816 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Yeah, moves freely. I just played a game and happened again. I can free it with a good nudge but always results in a tilt warning.

Then the only difference between your game and mine is the ramp flap not being screwed down. Yours is way off too. It should line up good. Your upper playfield or ramp needs some adjusting I’d say.

#1817 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then the only difference between your game and mine is the ramp flap not being screwed down. Yours is way off too. It should line up good. Your upper playfield or ramp needs some adjusting I’d say.

Yeah, its more like...ok, loosen the Upper PF and push it all the way to the back of the pin, tighten. Loosen the upper right ramp hex screw, push forward, tighten. Basically...adjust all the screws that allow a little bit of play and then its aligned a bit better.

I'll go ahead and add those two screws and see if it ever happens again.

1 week later
#1818 3 years ago

Little help please . .
I updated the file (Chroma.ROM) for my ColorDMD on my GOT remium, and it seems to have borked the DMD. I’ve tried downloading the file again from the site from a different PC, re-formatted the USB drive, tried another USB drive, nothing seems to work. The screen comes up one color and the graphics are all dots. Am I doing something wrong here?

3821E462-503E-438C-BCCA-8D6E27B07E2C (resized).jpeg3821E462-503E-438C-BCCA-8D6E27B07E2C (resized).jpeg
#1819 3 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Little help please . .
I updated the file (Chroma.ROM) for my ColorDMD on my GOT remium, and it seems to have borked the DMD. I’ve tried downloading the file again from the site from a different PC, re-formatted the USB drive, tried another USB drive, nothing seems to work. The screen comes up one color and the graphics are all dots. Am I doing something wrong here?
[quoted image]

Never mind. Looks like I got the dreaded “Invalid Key” issue on my ColorDMD. Reaching out to the vendor . .

A89FB6AC-BF83-4A15-9840-8E3D720DA59D (resized).jpegA89FB6AC-BF83-4A15-9840-8E3D720DA59D (resized).jpeg
#1820 3 years ago

FINALLY in the club! Topper is sweet!

got (resized).jpggot (resized).jpg
#1821 3 years ago

Joined club today.

Wondering how to get the upper pf off to give it a cleaning?

#1822 3 years ago

Anyone have a factory backglass for sale for a premium? Message me if you do.

#1823 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Joined club today.
Wondering how to get the upper pf off to give it a cleaning?

I typed "remove" and found this.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club/page/35#post-5604396

#1824 3 years ago

So I think I have a solid understanding of the game, but still not sure of a couple things.

How is the combo x increased? Is it just hitting more combos in a row? It seems like sometimes a left ramp to left orbit is 2x and sometimes it’s 3x, at least at the start of a game. (Assume Tyrell isn’t picked)

Are values of swords based on something or are they random?

Is there any way to beef up the Baratheon collect more so it’s not just a meh 20-30 mil collect?

During a mode on the upper pf, it seems like the only thing the castle corner multiplies is the castle collect value? Whenever it spots a mode shot with the drop lanes, it says 1x even with 2x or 3x running up there.

This game is so good and I really like how the upper pf is integrated. I disabled the adjustment that lets you complete the house using the castle corner - just thought it was too easy.

#1825 3 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

How is the combo x increased? Is it just hitting more combos in a row? It seems like sometimes a left ramp to left orbit is 2x and sometimes it’s 3x, at least at the start of a game. (Assume Tyrell isn’t picked)

Yes. When hitting a combo shot, all other combos (flashing red arrows) increase except for the one you just hit. Remember you’re limited to 3x until you collect some swords.

Are values of swords based on something or are they random?

Based on the sword you’re collecting. The sword you’re awarded is random though.

Is there any way to beef up the Baratheon collect more so it’s not just a meh 20-30 mil collect?

Shoot the spinner more. Max is 150mm. Then you can pump up playfield x too before the collect. So max value of the final shot is 750mm

During a mode on the upper pf, it seems like the only thing the castle corner multiplies is the castle collect value? Whenever it spots a mode shot with the drop lanes, it says 1x even with 2x or 3x running up there.

I don’t think your spotting mode shots up there. You’re simply working towards collecting a castle and completing the mode. So you get next to nothing until you collect the castle at the loop and complete the mode. But yes. The 2x and 3x playfield up there only applies to points you earn on the upper playfield times any playfield multipliers you have from the lower playfield.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1826 3 years ago

The Upper Playfield multiplier is great fun during multiballs - it multiplies the lower playfield value for big jackpots and super jackpots.
Example 5X lower * 3X upper = 15X!

#1827 3 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The Upper Playfield multiplier is great fun during multiballs - it multiplies the lower playfield value for big jackpots and super jackpots.
Example 5X lower * 3X upper = 15X!

I think that’s only for the upper playfield. You can collect a super JP up there though. I don’t think you can bash the battering ram for 15x.

#1828 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think that’s only for the upper playfield. You can collect a super JP up there though. I don’t think you can bash the battering ram for 15x.

Right - I think it's only for Jackpots and Supers collected on the upper playfield. But it applies in all multiballs, not just Castle Multiball.
The lower playfield has the combo shot multipliers vs the castle multiplier.

#1829 3 years ago

Yep. Well I don’t think the upper playfield does anything in WHC or wall, hand of the king or IT, but i haven’t had the premium long to test it a lot.

I’ve just seen that the upper playfield is used in castle MB and BWMB.

#1830 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Well I don’t think the upper playfield does anything in WHC or wall, hand of the king or IT, but i haven’t had the premium long to test it a lot.
I’ve just seen that the upper playfield is used in castle MB and BWMB.

Nothing that I am aware of in WHC, Wall or IT in the upper playfield.

I really wish the swords were standardized, at least in tournament mode as some of them can be fairly valuable in a lower scoring game (that is set up hard). In a normal set up game to where you are scoring a billion plus it's not much an issue but the game I play on in league is set up with wide open outlanes, fairly tight tilt AND lightening flippers. I often times take first with 200-300 million in 4 player matches and the difference in sword values can actually make a difference in games of those scores.

#1831 3 years ago

Yeah that would be annoying to lose that way.

#1832 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. When hitting a combo shot, all other combos (flashing red arrows) increase except for the one you just hit. Remember you’re limited to 3x until you collect some swords.

Based on the sword you’re collecting. The sword you’re awarded is random though.

Shoot the spinner more. Max is 150mm. Then you can pump up playfield x too before the collect. So max value of the final shot is 750mm

I don’t think your spotting mode shots up there. You’re simply working towards collecting a castle and completing the mode. So you get next to nothing until you collect the castle at the loop and complete the mode. But yes. The 2x and 3x playfield up there only applies to points you earn on the upper playfield times any playfield multipliers you have from the lower playfield.

How many of you have turned off upper castle mode complete? I did that the second day I had mine...it would have made the modes too easy and play exactly the same. I still go up there to collect castles (though..is there an award for how many castles are collected similar to winter is coming collects?), and for most modes after collecting the castle the upper PF helps spot shots but it wouldn't be such a gimme.

#1833 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

How many of you have turned off upper castle mode complete? I did that the second day I had mine...it would have made the modes too easy and play exactly the same. I still go up there to collect castles (though..is there an award for how many castles are collected similar to winter is coming collects?), and for most modes after collecting the castle the upper PF helps spot shots but it wouldn't be such a gimme.

I’ve kept mine stock. I’m not very good at the upper playfield. So I guess if you turn off the mode completion setting you’ll get to spot mode shots after collecting the castle. That would explain why I haven’t seen it.

#1834 3 years ago

I kept mine as stock as well as nothing is forcing me to hit the left orbit on the upper playfield to complete a mode for times when I want to take the harder path. I like having that as an option though and often times use it to complete a harder mode that I'm running out of time on. Plus, I also care about my score as well as the path. I.E. - If I have a game that I make it to IT but only score 1 billion points I don't feel nearly as satisfied as I do making it to IT at 4 billion points. Completing the mode with the upper PF has a pretty big effect on your scoring potential.

Also, for anyone that finds the upper playfield to easy or a give-me I strongly suggest lightening flippers up there. Cosmetically they fit better as the bats no longer extend into the opening for the ramp drain but it also makes it more challenging to keep the ball in play up there. I think that is my only real complaint about the upper PF. It feels like it should have come with mini flippers since it's so easy to get up there it feels like it should be a lot harder (and thus more reqarding) to complete. Same concept with something like TFLE mini playfield where most owners took the control gate out because it was too easy and thus not as much fun.

#1835 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I did. Definitely prefer it this way. Now, if you want to get some decent points up
there you can, but you still have to go for the more dangerous shots on the main playfield to play out the mode. I don’t believe there’s anything special for collecting multiple castles, although some houses seem to be worth more, like Targaryean.

#1836 3 years ago

Collecting castles boosts bonus big time. If you collect 4-5 of them on ball one and have good bonus x you could get half a billion in bonus or more on that ball.

#1837 3 years ago

Can anyone confirm where the outlane posts are by default. My games has both at bottom, and it seems to easy.

Thanks!

#1838 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Can anyone confirm where the outlane posts are by default. My games has both at bottom, and it seems to easy.
Thanks!

When games first shipped the outlanes were wide open. Then they started shipping in the middle position in later runs. Never all the way closed though.

#1839 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think my boy weirpinball did this first. Yeah dressing up the stock sword is best. I bought an aftermarket sword and it snapped in half after like 50 plays.

Mine too.

#1840 3 years ago

Finally got a hold of my game after the new code update a while ago

20200521_214401 (resized).jpg20200521_214401 (resized).jpg
#1841 3 years ago

I got some massive scores in the first 20 or so games on the new code. Now I can’t sniff 3 bils. It’s weird.

#1842 3 years ago

Yeah, I had some pretty stupid scores on the 1.36 code using Lannister but after updating to 1.37 which borked some of the scoring exploits I hadn't seen to many good scoring games. I had not one but two absolutely horrible HOTK's but 5.9 billion in Iron Throne. Was 1 dragon away from a second Iron Throne which would have been a first for me.

#1843 3 years ago

I’m talking 1.37. I feel like I made IT 3 of the first 5 games and got close to 10 bills or more on all of them. I had been playing it consistently then though and only play a couple times a week now. That’s probably it.

Two ITs in one game would be nuts. Haha

#1844 3 years ago

You win, or you die!

IMG_20200524_011013 (resized).jpgIMG_20200524_011013 (resized).jpg
#1845 3 years ago

I really like this game, started out with the pro and then a premium.

20200512_155250 (resized).jpg20200512_155250 (resized).jpg
#1846 3 years ago
Quoted from Rustyvanwyck:

I really like this game, started out with the pro and then a premium.
[quoted image]

Now you just need an LE! I’d swap you mine for your premium! I’ve had pro and LE no premium.

#1847 3 years ago

Hey folks, after the big software update a while ago, Stern set the back box light to fade out for a number of reasons. This is making me crazy; how can I keep the back light at full 100% all the time, no flickering. Thanks.

#1848 3 years ago
Quoted from OilGuy:

Hey folks, after the big software update a while ago, Stern set the back box light to fade out for a number of reasons. This is making me crazy; how can I keep the back light at full 100% all the time, no flickering. Thanks.

I don't think it's adjustable. I know for me, when I first updated to the new code, I actually thought my backbox lights were malfunctioning. I eventually got used to it and it doesn't bother me at all anymore.

#1849 3 years ago
Quoted from OilGuy:

I dont know about GOT; but my DP and IMDN have backbox and GI lighting adjustments. But, those are Spike2 systems.

#1850 3 years ago

GI brightness and backbox is totally adjustable. What he is talking about is during some gameplay moments, the backbox GI is turned off, flashes, etc.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
There are 2,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.