376E4A8C-2DCC-47F4-8504-BF1686BC39AC (resized).jpeg
IMG_2001 (resized).png
gt2 (resized).JPG
gt1 (resized).JPG
GT (resized).JPG
IMG_0556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,241 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 45.
#1701 4 years ago

Stacking BW and WHC MB's and since most people don't play at Midnight you can set your pin time later to trigger Midnight Madness multi ball when you actually play pinball

#1702 4 years ago

You could stack BW and WHC before the most recent update but they did nerf the never ending ball save bug which I’ll cover.

Yeah you can definitely change the games clock to start MM whenever.

Thanks

#1703 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You could stack BW and WHC before the most recent update but they did nerf the never ending ball save bug which I’ll cover.
Yeah you can definitely change the games clock to start MM whenever.
Thanks

OH SNAP! Well I have been deployed nearly a year now, so that makes sense. Missing some pin action for sure.

#1705 4 years ago

Just listed mine if anyone is interested joining the club.

#1706 4 years ago

Hell, YOU STAY SAFE! My little back and forths between here and Florida, I almost feel safer fighting insurgents. My pins are in OH, so who knows how long they will sit

#1707 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So I’m finally getting organized to make a video for the premium rules for GOT. Here’s what I plan to cover. Please let m elbow if I’m missing any other difference between pro and premium:
Upper playfield rules:
Right inlane to left loop castle collect
Castle collects the long way
Completing modes/extending mode timers
Castle MB rules
Dragon kick back only advancing wall Mb progress and mode shots
Right orbit is for mystery EB and starting wall MB.
How and when you can get to the upper playfield and how and when the drop target comes up in front of the right ramp.
Thanks!

Cannot wait to watch this! I think there should be some consideration to make that video a key post once done.

#1708 4 years ago

anyway you can have Dwight fix the accidental multiple lock issue?

#1709 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

anyway you can have Dwight fix the accidental multiple lock issue?

Can you elaborate? I doubt any future updates will occur.

#1710 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can you elaborate? I doubt any future updates will occur.

The best way I can say it is this, at times when you have one ball locked and the next ball goes up the ramp The ball lock is released too quick or something isn't right and you end up with a two ball multi ball, which is not intended in the game

#1711 4 years ago

Got it. That was an issue in 1.36 and greatly reduced in 1.37. Not sure how often it still happens as I disable my sword for tournaments and leave it that way most of the time.

Make sure you’re on 1.37 first, then you might be SOL if you’re still having the issue on 1.37.

Thanks.

#1712 4 years ago

Well, I attempted the fix today for left orbit. Only partially successful. I bought a step drill bit the other day. I had to do 2 steps which was about 1/16" I tried one step and no help. If I tried another I'd probably break through one side of the hole. I maybe make the orbit all the way on a hard shot from right flipper maybe 20%. Left flipper backhand = 0%. I don't really want to take the upper playfield off but I guess I could to try and diagnose any other issue (protruding screw for example).

Even when it does make it around it is clear that the ball path has not been smooth.

Also, for reference, it looks like a previous owner removed the rubber rings from the upper posts on both lanes so that is not an issue.

#1713 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Got it. That was an issue in 1.36 and greatly reduced in 1.37. Not sure how often it still happens as I disable my sword for tournaments and leave it that way most of the time.
Make sure you’re on 1.37 first, then you might be SOL if you’re still having the issue on 1.37.
Thanks.

Thanks. What does the sword disable do? No lock or multiball?

#1714 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Thanks. What does the sword disable do? No lock or multiball?

Turns the locks into virtual locks. The sword never holds balls, so not possible for it to release too many balls at once.

#1715 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Turns the locks into virtual locks. The sword never holds balls, so not possible for it to release too many balls at once.

i guess that would work. but the sword holder is fun. i may live with the issue. maybe Dwight will read this?

#1716 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

i guess that would work. but the sword holder is fun. i may live with the issue. maybe Dwight will read this?

He knows. But as some point you gotta mark a game done, warts and all.

#1717 4 years ago

I had the same issue. Pretty sure it's not a code issue as not all games have this problem. For me, it would happen most of the time on a clean shot to where the ball would go up the ramp fast enough to hit the locked ball, bounce back and re-trigger the switches again. I don't recall how I fixed that but I thought I adjusted the switches to be less sensitive.

#1718 4 years ago

I may have missed this before, but was there a color DMD update with the last code update?

I honestly can’t remember if we had to do the color update for it.

Thanks!

#1719 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I may have missed this before, but was there a color DMD update with the last code update?
I honestly can’t remember if we had to do the color update for it.
Thanks!

Yes, there was. So you will want to get the new code: https://colordmd.com/download1.php?rom=GOT_4_1

Adds Targaryen and random colors on the house select page. Also some cleanup on various bugs and items. Great work as always on this ColorDMD.

#1720 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

He knows. But as some point you gotta mark a game done, warts and all.

Agree with this thought mostly. I think George Lucas said something to the effect of 'Movies aren't released, they escape.'

But for this sword lock bug to be introduced in an update a year and a half in the making is pretty sad. The game never had a problem with this before.

#1721 4 years ago
Quoted from Knox_Amusement:

The game never had a problem with this before.

Mine did. Lots did. Might lend more to it being a mechanical issue with the switches in certain cases. That’s why it’s always disabled in tournaments so there no chance it will happen.

#1722 4 years ago
Quoted from Knox_Amusement:

Agree with this thought mostly. I think George Lucas said something to the effect of 'Movies aren't released, they escape.'
But for this sword lock bug to be introduced in an update a year and a half in the making is pretty sad. The game never had a problem with this before.

I didn't have this issue until last update. Let's be honest here, they can fix right now.. they are not exactly making pinball games at the moment.

#1723 4 years ago

I have the very latest code. I have my Sword Lock still on. I very, very rarely have it dump two balls. Like maybe once in a hundred games. I did however have my diverter bracket break under HUO play and I would inspect your and see if you have the old or new style. The new style is beefier to prevent breakage.

new style bracket (resized).pngnew style bracket (resized).png
#1724 4 years ago

Agree, I haven't had that issue either after adjusting my switches. I just can't recall what I did with them though on if it was to make them more or less sensitive. It's entirely possible they changed some of the timing in the code which has made the issue more sensative but I do think it's also hardware related. But I do also agree they could easily fix in code. Instead of triggering that mech based off the switch being triggered they could add a timer to it so it has to be triggered for half a second before it activates that portion of the code to release a ball.

It's the bounce back off the locked ball that is causing the issue. At least that is what it was for me a while back.

#1725 4 years ago

Per Dwight he definitely changed the timing. On 1.36 it was pretty sketchy then he improved the timing in 1.37. But I think that combined with peoples’ individual games it can cause more or less issues.

#1726 4 years ago

Thanks for the updates. Maybe I can call Stern for the bracket when they reopen. I have no idea if I have a newer machine or not.

#1727 4 years ago

It’s official! Tomorrow I will update my Walk-Through series for code 1.37. Tomorrow at noon eastern it will cover all the changes made from 1.37. Please tune in to make sure I’m not missing anything!

Next weekend will be all the differences in the Premium/LE coding.

www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

#1728 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s official! Tomorrow I will update my Walk-Through series for code 1.37. Tomorrow at noon eastern it will cover all the changes made from 1.37. Please tune in to make sure I’m not missing anything!
Next weekend will be all the differences in the Premium/LE coding.
www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

Will a replay be available on YouTube?

#1729 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Will a replay be available on YouTube?

Yes sir. SDTMpinball and my channel. Chuckwurt. I actually have a playlist on my channel that will have all the GOT walkthroughs in one spot.

#1732 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Just cleaned mine Monday. 244 game. Replaced balls too. Thats 718 game sense new code and Three (3) cleaning. I think when I hit 1000 plays I'll remove upper playfield and clean that again too.

Just cleaned playfield again, 295 games in about 30 days. This game is just to addicting.

#1733 4 years ago

Going back to the HOTK challenge. I think this time will be hard for me to beat. With my orbits dropping the ball into the pops frequently I think I've got the best time I can get.
I of course chose to play as Stark. Got a trap on the right as soon as I could, began Stark round and finished it in 4 shots. A few more center ramps and I started Lannister. Killed Lannister with the button and let the ball drain. Ball 2 I got Martell and Greyjoy ready to go. I started them both together, began to try to play them but the ball quickly went to an outlane. Before the ball could hit the trough I used the button to finish Greyjoy. Ball 3, short plunge to a trap, shoot the center to begin Martell. Get trap on the right flipper, hit the button to finish Martell, then shoot the center to begin HOTK. This all felt like it took about 60 seconds, LOL. But the time was 2:24.

GOT time to HOTK (resized).jpgGOT time to HOTK (resized).jpg
#1734 4 years ago

Does any shop sell a kit for all the rubbers? If not does any one have a list for all of them on the LE?

#1735 4 years ago

Check with Titan. They have user submitted kits. Even if you don't want to buy the kit it should tell you what is in the kit.

This should be all their kits for the Prem/LE.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5682

#1736 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Check with Titan. They have user submitted kits. Even if you don't want to buy the kit it should tell you what is in the kit.
This should be all their kits for the Prem/LE.
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5682

Thanks!

#1737 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I of course chose to play as Stark. Got a trap on the right as soon as I could, began Stark round and finished it in 4 shots. A few more center ramps and I started Lannister. Killed Lannister with the button and let the ball drain. Ball 2 I got Martell and Greyjoy ready to go. I started them both together, began to try to play them but the ball quickly went to an outlane. Before the ball could hit the trough I used the button to finish Greyjoy. Ball 3, short plunge to a trap, shoot the center to begin Martell. Get trap on the right flipper, hit the button to finish Martell, then shoot the center to begin HOTK.

Just got a 2:14.71. It is definitely possible to go sub 2 minutes with this thing, and someone will get us there! I took a different approach for order of operations. Played as Stark, and immediately got the ball to left flipper and shot Martell. Repeat until I had three shots there. Then went for Greyjoy, and qualified that. So 51 seconds in, I had 3 of the 4 qualified, with Lannister left to go. I then started my mode with Stark and Greyjoy together. Went directly to the upper playfield, hit three targets, then MISSED the loop. Got it back up there and finished. Then started Martell, smashed the button and let it drain. During the end of ball, I wasted about 5 seconds watching the REPLAY animation, which pissed me off! Then I short plunged, qualified and started Lannister, smashed the button, and started HotK.

So with about 10 seconds back from not missing the upper playfield loop and the Replay animation during bonus, I could have been knocking on the door of 2 minutes!

#1738 4 years ago

Public Service Reminder: How long has it been since you removed your upper playfield? It gets amazingly dirty underneath, partly because of the coils for the upper flippers and partly because these are shots that get made a LOT. This is the 2nd or 3rd time I've done this and it's a HUO machine.

DIRTY:
20200415_165107 (resized).jpg20200415_165107 (resized).jpg20200415_165120 (resized).jpg20200415_165120 (resized).jpg20200415_165140 (resized).jpg20200415_165140 (resized).jpg20200415_171558 (resized).jpg20200415_171558 (resized).jpg

#1739 4 years ago

CLEAN:

20200415_173835 (resized).jpg20200415_173835 (resized).jpg20200415_173851 (resized).jpg20200415_173851 (resized).jpg20200415_174339 (resized).jpg20200415_174339 (resized).jpg
#1740 4 years ago

Also, in the process of doing this, I found a wire had come off the lug on the switch for the "faux slingshot" on the left of the upper playfield.

#1741 4 years ago

Looks like my game when I removed mine. It gets super dirty. I'll say every 1200-1500 games from what I've seen.

#1742 4 years ago

I take a long toothbrush, cut rags into small pieces. Put small piece of rag at the end in order to reach up in those hard to reach places.

I know it’s not perfect, but I figure the more areas I can keep clean, the mess amount of times I’ll need to take the upper playfield off.

#1743 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Public Service Reminder: How long has it been since you removed your upper playfield?

Every 300 plays or so. Sucks how dirty it gets so quickly.

#1744 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Every 300 plays or so. Sucks how dirty it gets so quickly.

I'm thinking of buying a GOT premium....how hard is it to remove the upper playfield for cleaning?

#1745 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I'm thinking of buying a GOT premium....how hard is it to remove the upper playfield for cleaning?

Couple connectors and 4-5 screws.

#1746 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

This was my first machine, and I was terrified of it at first. But its pretty easy to follow along with what you need to do. Getting it back in is a little harder, but you just have to be gentle so you don't scratch anything.

Definitely cannot recommend this game enough. Don't let the cleaning process hold you back, the hour (or two) of cleaning is worth the hours of fun in between!

#1747 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Looks like my game when I removed mine. It gets super dirty. I'll say every 1200-1500 games from what I've seen.

Just to be clear.... Clean playfield after every 250-300 games. Remove upper playfield and clean after 1200-1500 games. If you just clean the playfield and after 50-100 plays start seeing ball tracks. It's most likely coming from under upper playfield.

#1748 4 years ago

I might be doing more than I need, but this is how I do it.

1. FIRST, raise playfield and disconnect the wiring harness.
2. Remove 4 screws from behind the backboard that hold the dragon at the motor. Lift off the dragon and carefully set it in the cabinet. I leave the harness connected to it.
3. Remove 2 screws and remove the habitrail to the throne.
4. Remove the 4 screws that hold the upper playfield. They are in recessed areas and each screw also has a washer. You will need a good magnetic tip Phillips head screwdriver.
5. Remove the two small screws on the upper ramp flap, two more on the lower ramp flap, and one screw that holds the ramp on a post. Push the ramp over to the right about an inch to free it from the upper PF.
6. Carefully lift off the upper PF while guiding the harness through the hole.
7. With the upper PF removed, you can now take the 10 or more screws and nuts off to remove the large plastic that covers all the ball paths.

Sounds like a lot of work, but it's really not bad, especially after you've done it once or twice.

#1749 4 years ago

Definitely don’t need to take the throne wire form off. Pretty sure.

#1750 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

CLEAN:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

ok dumb question..i've had mine 3.5 years, so it definitely needs cleaned under the castle. how hard is it to take off that castle? i'm not technical or anything.

in the past, because of my limited tech skills, i've used a toothbrush with a old tshirt cloth on it, and a touch of mills wax- to stick in tunnels and hard to reach areas to clean. it works pretty well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,241 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club/page/35?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.