IMG_2001 (resized).png
gt2 (resized).JPG
gt1 (resized).JPG
GT (resized).JPG
IMG_0556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 45.
#1651 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

NODE #8, CN4 is the power in, it powers switches and all flippers. Make sure that connections good and tight.

Tried all the advice above but with no change. All red node board and backbox LED lights flash like crazy after the game boots, which I assume is incorrect. I'll give Stern a call to see if I get any ideas.

Thanks, Spiderpin for all the input. Much appreciated.

#1652 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Tried all the advice above but with no change. All red node board and backbox LED lights flash like crazy after the game boots, which I assume is incorrect. I'll give Stern a call to see if I get any ideas.
Thanks, Spiderpin for all the input. Much appreciated.

Check spike board harnesses as well and if you have a shaker motor try disconnecting

#1653 4 years ago

Thinking about selling my Metallica Pro and getting a GOT Premium. Any thoughts on those that have owned both? Can't afford 2 Stern pins right now, but could afford to sell Met + some cash to get a GOT.

#1654 4 years ago

Metallica is the definition of a wood chopping borefest to me. Haha. GOT is a whole different animal. So much to dissect. If you’ve had your fun with MET, I say go for it.

#1655 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Thinking about selling my Metallica Pro and getting a GOT Premium. Any thoughts on those that have owned both? Can't afford 2 Stern pins right now, but could afford to sell Met + some cash to get a GOT.

I own both now. GOT around 18 months and MET at 12 months. I really like both but GOT seems to be my go to pin at 7 to 1.

#1656 4 years ago

I have owned both for quite some time and will probably never sell either. I enjoy both games. GoT is my favorite however.

#1657 4 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Check spike board harnesses as well and if you have a shaker motor try disconnecting

Thanks. Yes--harnesses checked and shaker motor disconnected long ago. Also checked all the grounding braid and screws holding the grounds in place, and I made sure all node boards are tightly fastened. No change. I really appreciate the ideas, though.

Someone has suggested swapping the node boards, and from the manual it certainly looks as though boards 9 and 10 are identical, so I may try that to see if the problem transfers elsewhere. If so, perhaps it implicates node board 9. Opinions on that approach are welcome.

#1658 4 years ago

I also own both and I don't think I could ever sell either of them. Of my 9 pins, the ones that get played the most are Got prem, Met prem, and then probably a tie between Tron/AFM.

However, if you can't have both, GOT prem is a great game worth getting for sure!

#1659 4 years ago

Thanks everyone. I am really a theme buyer and I am a fan of the show. I have played the game before but it was a few years ago.

I like Met as a theme and I think the music is great but we've owned it for a couple years, might be time to move on. Nothing else is really grabbing me at the moment as something I want to own. Wish I could own both but I have to make a choice here.

#1660 4 years ago

I am really a theme buyer and I am a fan of the show.

You have to accept, the pin ends to early.
No Battle of bastards, no long night, no xxxxxx.

#1661 4 years ago

Last night I was on ball 3, playing Wall MB. Drained down to one ball and during the grace period, shot the Wall SJP for 287M. I drained shortly thereafter but I was like "Boom! Take That!"

#1663 4 years ago

With the idea of JP and Escape Nublar speed runs, I decided to try my own GOT premium version. What's the fastest time you can start Hand of the King? With the new rules there are several ways to attack this. Let me say, it can get very frustrating. Factory settings. My best time so far has been 2:48. Give it a try, just use the stopwatch on your phone.

Hint: Locks are your enemy!

#1664 4 years ago

I've been trying to light all houses, before going into battle with any. But have not put a timer on it. So with your Hand of the King run, Spoiler Alert:

Tyrell is a no go.

#1665 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

With the idea of JP and Escape Nublar speed runs, I decided to try my own GOT premium version. What's the fastest time you can start Hand of the King? With the new rules there are several ways to attack this. Let me say, it can get very frustrating. Factory settings. My best time so far has been 2:48. Give it a try, just use the stopwatch on your phone.
Hint: Locks are your enemy!

That's a go time, I'm sure.

#1666 4 years ago

Good idea Chris!

I’ll try at lunch today.

#1667 4 years ago

Yeah, does sound like a fun challenge. I know this is a Prem/LE thread but we still may want to specify Pro or Prem/LE since us Prem/LE players can kill houses on the upper PF now.

Interesting strategy of if you play as stark, light a house, kill the house and then drain so you get your power back or if you go with one of the harder houses to qualify (Tyrel, Baratheon, Targaryen for instance) and use the upper PF to beat the houses.

So, asking for a friend, if I play as Targaryen, does my freeze timers filter to the stop watch

#1668 4 years ago

With the whole lockdown going on, I have a lot more free time...so i decided to play some GOT.

When the updated code came out, I really didn't put that much time on it.

All I got to say, is holy crap!!!! Dwight really hit it out of the park. I set mine for random houses. I like not choosing which house, but rather, have the game choose for me. On Star Wars, I'm terrible at choosing different characters...I find it being random keeps it more interesting.

If this code were released earlier, this game would've been a huge seller.

#1669 4 years ago

I haven’t beaten your time yet Chris but here’s my strat:

Stark. Play stark mode right away and beat it normal.

Light Lannister. Start it. Kill with button.

Qualify two other modes and kill them with the upper playfield. If you drain ball one with the next two modes lit, kill them with buttons on the next two balls.

#1670 4 years ago

Best I could do tonight was 3:05. I'm actually not finishing any modes with the upper playfield. I think if I could get better at the upper playfield I could beat my 2:48. So right now my strat is almost exactly what chuckwurt said.

Begin as Stark. Play Stark with minimum shots (3 center, one orbit).
Loop center and begin Lannister, kill with button. Immediately drain.
Ball 2 get Martell lit with 3 right orbits. You don't want to wait till 4th mode to do Martell because EB will be lit and that kills your time since you can't speed past the animation. Start Martell, kill with button, immediately drain.
Ball 3 get Greyjoy lit. Hopefully you don't need all 3 left orbits by this time. Start Greyjoy, kill with button. Shoot center to begin HOTK.
Sounds easy right?!?
As soon as you accidentally hit a green target you get slowed down by a lock sequence. Hit enough of those by accident and you start Blackwater which just kills your time.

Another strat is to begin as Targaryen. Now you only need to finish 3 more houses. Do Stark, Martell and Baratheon, since those can be finished quickly. I had some 3 to 3.5 minute runs doing this. If I could get better at finishing with the upper playfield this might be the better strat. You don't have to drain and that saves time since technically you could do the whole thing on one ball.

#1671 4 years ago

Yeah I had modes 3 and 4 qualified with about 1:40 on the clock and messed up trying to beat 2:40. It can be beat, but doing this strat it will be tough. I’d say 2:15 or so is doable with the stark strat.

#1672 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Another strat is to begin as Targaryen. Now you only need to finish 3 more houses. Do Stark, Martell and Baratheon, since those can be finished quickly. I had some 3 to 3.5 minute runs doing this. If I could get better at finishing with the upper playfield this might be the better strat. You don't have to drain and that saves time since technically you could do the whole thing on one ball.

Baratheon is easy and quick to beat but a PITA to light, at least for me. Still haven't had time to try this but hope to at least this weekend.

#1673 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Baratheon is easy and quick to beat but a PITA to light, at least for me. Still haven't had time to try this but hope to at least this weekend.

Yes, you are right. Another problem with Baratheon is shots to the drops tend to bounce into the light lock targets, which you REALLY don't want.

#1674 4 years ago

Best I could pull off. I lost a ton of time in the pops as my orbit is only at 10% these days. No clue why as I've done all the "fixes".

Sub 2 mins is definitely doable if your orbit works right.

49bd7cd9875fea81baaabe44b5b399266bc5dd54 (resized).jpg49bd7cd9875fea81baaabe44b5b399266bc5dd54 (resized).jpg
#1675 4 years ago

Make sure to qualify greyjoy and Martell before Lannister so you only have the animation delay once for having to pass for now to qualify more houses.

I think the biggest time save for me was I made sure to have 2 houses going at one time. I completed one and then use Stark button to kill the other. Then I tilted to get the ball back and my Stark Power back immediately. For this run I did Greyjoy and Stark. Had Greyjoy first so my Stark power would kill it. 3 center shots then left orbit. Then Stark button to finish Greyjoy. Then I did Martel and Lannister together. Left orbit 3 times and then center shot. Stark button to take out Lannister and center shot to start HOTK. I did get one lock on accident but by avoiding the center shot until I had all but Lannister already ready it didn't kill to much time.

Curious to see what strats others use. Wish I had a way to stream as these would be fun things to stream kind of like what Ray and Esther did with BM66.

#1676 4 years ago

Just broke 2 billion with Greyjoy. This game is the shit. I do have to thank chuckwurt for advice he gave on getting my first pin a year ago. Next month will be one year in the home!

97FDF10E-AB2F-484E-8D77-D3A7DDACB997 (resized).jpeg97FDF10E-AB2F-484E-8D77-D3A7DDACB997 (resized).jpeg
#1677 4 years ago

Told ya it’s awesome.

#1678 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Best I could pull off. I lost a ton of time in the pops as my orbit is only at 10% these days. No clue why as I've done all the "fixes".
Sub 2 mins is definitely doable if your orbit works right.[quoted image]

85vett,

If you've done the orbit fix, but notice the results have begun to deteriorate over time, take a look at the tip/leading edge of the diverter arm.

On my Premium I noticed orbits from the left started rattling around at the top and fall into the pops. Upon inspection I found a small burr had begun to form at the tip of the diverter arm, just enough to disrupt the smooth-ish flow of the ball at the top of the orbit. I took a dremel tool and knocked down the burr, plus a little bit more to leave a small chamfer (~1/16") so no lip on the tip of the diverter arm was left exposed to ball hits.

Orbits are once again pretty effective.

#1680 4 years ago

Appreciate it. I figure it out. I literally just updated my code to 1.37 yesterday before trying the HOTK stuff as I was on 1.36. I completely forgot that the code turns the orbit off by default now and had to change that setting again. Back to 80%

#1681 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Make sure to qualify greyjoy and Martell before Lannister so you only have the animation delay once for having to pass for now to qualify more houses.
I think the biggest time save for me was I made sure to have 2 houses going at one time. I completed one and then use Stark button to kill the other. Then I tilted to get the ball back and my Stark Power back immediately. For this run I did Greyjoy and Stark. Had Greyjoy first so my Stark power would kill it. 3 center shots then left orbit. Then Stark button to finish Greyjoy. Then I did Martel and Lannister together. Left orbit 3 times and then center shot. Stark button to take out Lannister and center shot to start HOTK. I did get one lock on accident but by avoiding the center shot until I had all but Lannister already ready it didn't kill to much time.
Curious to see what strats others use. Wish I had a way to stream as these would be fun things to stream kind of like what Ray and Esther did with BM66.

It sounds like you are spot on with how I would do it. I am not feeling great right now, so my wife has me banned from touching anything, including pinball! Just a cough, not coronavirus (thank goodness). The one change is do Lannister with the Stark button before you complete Martell. You are doing the upper to complete Martell, then kill Lannister, then shoot middle again. I would think it is quicker to go the other order.

Or does your order allow you to skip the wait for the Martell finish cutscene before HotK starts?

#1682 4 years ago

The fastest time will be the person that can play stark straight up, start Lannister and kill with button.

Light two more modes and start them together and kill them both with one trip to the upper playfield then shoot center ramp once the ball drains from the upper playfield.

#1683 4 years ago

So, got a lot of time on my hands as do a lot of us. Fixed my pirates ship. Next up is to install chest mod. Then thinking about doing orbit fix on my GoTLE next.

As i recall from reading about that 1-2 years ago there were a couple options. Can someone provide a link for the most generally accepted orbit fix?

Thanks.

#1684 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The fastest time will be the person that can play stark straight up, start Lannister and kill with button.
Light two more modes and start them together and kill them both with one trip to the upper playfield then shoot center ramp once the ball drains from the upper playfield.

I played Martel outright since it was 3 easy orbit shots then the center shot. I may have to try the upper PF as it would be quicker if (and that's a big if) I can hit all the shots and make the orbit without missing to many shots. I put lightening flippers on my mini PF so it's not a give me anymore.

Quoted from atum:

Or does your order allow you to skip the wait for the Martell finish cutscene before HotK starts?

Don't recall exactly but I'm pretty sure that animation was skipped since I killed the Lannister mode right when the center ramp shot registered. There is still time to be had as with that run I missed the right orbit 3 times (one lit the lock) when trying to qualify the Martel house. Feels like a clean run could be done sub 2 mins if everything fell in place.

#1685 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

So, got a lot of time on my hands as do a lot of us. Fixed my pirates ship. Next up is to install chest mod. Then thinking about doing orbit fix on my GoTLE next.
As i recall from reading about that 1-2 years ago there were a couple options. Can someone provide a link for the most generally accepted orbit fix?
Thanks.

Take it from a guy that ripped apart his playfield three times trying to fix the orbit from the top down...when the real solution was so much easier.

Get yourself a nice, narrow, titanium stepped drill bit (not cheap). Remove the diverter mech from the bottom of the machine. Drill out the mounting holes only one drill step down...about another 1/16th of an inch. Remount the mech and tighten it back up while pushing the mech toward the front of the playfield (up toward the front of the game when the playfield is up).

Total time is 15-30 minutes. I was so pissed off I wasted days trying the other solutions. Good luck!

#1687 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Take it from a guy that ripped apart his playfield three times trying to fix the orbit from the top down...when the real solution was so much easier.
Get yourself a nice, narrow, titanium stepped drill bit (not cheap). Remove the diverter mech from the bottom of the machine. Drill out the mounting holes only one drill step down...about another 1/16th of an inch. Remount the mech and tighten it back up while pushing the mech toward the back of the playfield (down toward the cabinet when the playfield is up).
Total time is 15-30 minutes. I was so pissed off I wasted days trying the other solutions. Good luck!

I still haven't done this. I might try it. Question: You mention tightening the diverter while pushing towards the rear, but the link you provided says to push it towards the front while tightening down. Which is it?

#1688 4 years ago

You are pushing it up towards the top of the playfield. You are increasing the amount of wood you see there.

#1690 4 years ago

Thanks! I don't have that type of drill bit, but I do have a dremel with some smaller bits. Do you think that would work?

#1691 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Thanks! I don't have that type of drill bit, but I do have a dremel with some smaller bits. Do you think that would work?

I think anything that will let you make those holes bigger would be fine.

#1692 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Small caution, the metal on these brackets is as soft as butter. The stepper bit permits a more controlled/incremental action, but a dremel should be fine too, just work slowly and carefully. I found simply increasing the diameter of the holes to be effective, vs elongating the holes.

#1693 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I still haven't done this. I might try it. Question: You mention tightening the diverter while pushing towards the rear, but the link you provided says to push it towards the front while tightening down. Which is it?

So sorry! It's been a couple years since I did it and I didn't reread the original fix post. Thanks for the heads-up...I've corrected it. Just follow his instructions and it'll be perfect! (I'll go hide my face in shame now...)

#1694 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Small caution, the metal on these brackets is as soft as butter. The stepper bit permits a more controlled/incremental action, but a dremel should be fine too, just work slowly and carefully. I found simply increasing the diameter of the holes to be effective, vs elongating the holes.

This is correct...and one of the reasons the fix is such a quick one. The stepper bit literally pops through the hole in an instant, widening it just enough. Only one step down will do the trick--no more than that.

#1695 4 years ago

Well, I elongated the holes with a dremel and got it to look exactly like the picture above. No major difference in the amount of clean left orbits. I have been surprised a few times that a backhand from a trap made it all the way around, but frankly, still probably 80% or more shots end up in the pops.

#1696 4 years ago

So I’m finally getting organized to make a video for the premium rules for GOT. Here’s what I plan to cover. Please let m elbow if I’m missing any other difference between pro and premium:

Upper playfield rules:
Right inlane to left loop castle collect
Castle collects the long way
Completing modes/extending mode timers
Castle MB rules

Dragon kick back only advancing wall Mb progress and mode shots

Right orbit is for mystery EB and starting wall MB.

How and when you can get to the upper playfield and how and when the drop target comes up in front of the right ramp.

Thanks!

#1697 4 years ago

Erik, one I discovered by accident. During Blackwater MB, complete the upper playfield for a super jackpot!

Also, have you done a video covering all the new house button attributes?

#1698 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Erik, one I discovered by accident. During Blackwater MB, complete the upper playfield for a super jackpot!
Also, have you done a video covering all the new house button attributes?

That’s video two. Doing one on the code updates that apply to all games. Then one video on the premium/LE rules.

#1699 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s video two. Doing one on the code updates that apply to all games. Then one video on the premium/LE rules.

Don't forget the stacking MB's and Midnight madness cheat when setting pin time

#1700 4 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Don't forget the stacking MB's and Midnight madness cheat when setting pin time

What do you mean?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.