IMG_9225 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7311 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpg
IMG_7308 (resized).jpg
IMG_7307 (resized).jpg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 45.
#1601 4 years ago

Welcome to the club Antron! The games were both coded by the same person, Dwight, and so they have some similar feels. If you listen to him talk, he mentions that some ideas for one were actually implemented in the other game, and vice versa. But GoT is a ton more fun, IMO and a far deeper game. Enjoy!

Quoted from Antron77:

Doesnt look like this club is very active but I just became a member. Got my LE from a fellow pinsider yesterday. My first PIN was the Star Wars premium about 6 months ago. This game had alot of similarities which I love about it. Cant wait to progress further in the game!

#1602 4 years ago

Welcome! I had a pro for 3 plus years and last year I sold it for a premium. This game will always be in my collection. Such a blast.

#1603 4 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

Doesnt look like this club is very active but I just became a member. Got my LE from a fellow pinsider yesterday. My first PIN was the Star Wars premium about 6 months ago. This game had alot of similarities which I love about it. Cant wait to progress further in the game!

I'm to busy playing mine to post. Hell just played 4 game before I head to work. I too love this game, It's a keeper for sure. Enjoy this jewel.

#1604 4 years ago

Antron, welcome!

This is a great game!

I guess my question still stands...anyone know of a good set of downloadable rules cards with the new house rules?

#1605 4 years ago

I haven’t seen any sorry.

#1606 4 years ago

Yeah, kind of surprising. I sold my Pro also to upgrade to an LE. Overall I do like the LE better but mine doesn't have the orbit fix so a lot of shots end up in the pops. Still not sure if it is worth the hassle of attempting to fix it. What's your thoughts as a previous pro owner?

#1607 4 years ago

Love the premium. I had my time with the pro and I’m glad I traded up. The castle playfield rules are great on the new code too.

#1608 4 years ago

The castle rules are now worth keeping ball on upper playfield.
Plus if your in a battle with a house(s) and can hit all three targets the then the left loop to complete castle you'll complete the houses your battling.

#1609 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

The castle rules are now worth keeping ball on upper playfield.
Plus if your in a battle with a house(s) and can hit all three targets the then the left loop to complete castle you'll complete the houses your battling.

This one still feels a bit cheap to me. I like the old rules 1.34 and earlier. It made them easier to either rack up points or complete, but still made you do something! I wish you could set it to no benefit, old benefit or new benefit in settings. But the only option is yes or no to the new way.

I have no decided to not use the upper playfield during modes to make it more challenging. If it goes up, I just let it come back down like a Pro machine would function, and complete it regularly. Otherwise, I could get to Iron Throne over 50% of the time, which makes it less exciting to get there!

#1610 4 years ago
Quoted from atum:

I could get to Iron Throne over 50% of the time, which makes it less exciting to get there!

Sounds like you need to put it on two balls. Myself, I sux and need to put it on five balls but I don't.

#1611 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

not sure if it is worth the hassle

I think it is, especially if you plan to keep the game long term. Being able to loop that shot all the way around adds a lot of flow (and speed) to the game, which is the main gripe about the LE/Prem vs. the Pro. It feels really good to hit, too.

#1612 4 years ago
Quoted from atum:

Otherwise, I could get to Iron Throne over 50% of the time, which makes it less exciting to get there!

Sounds like your game is set up way to easy. That is the great part of GOT, it can be set up to be brutal all the way to "I could get to I.T. over 50% of the time" I was getting there pretty easy for a while so I opened up the outlanes and set my slings a tad bit tighter. I promise you wont see I.T. even 10% of the time anymore unless you are some sort of pinball god. I've had 2 of my friends over playing it a couple of times. One is top 15 in world and the other just fell out of top 100. I'm the worst at 300.

#1613 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Sounds like your game is set up way to easy. That is the great part of GOT, it can be set up to be brutal all the way to "I could get to I.T. over 50% of the time" I was getting there pretty easy for a while so I opened up the outlanes and set my slings a tad bit tighter. I promise you wont see I.T. even 10% of the time anymore unless you are some sort of pinball god. I've had 2 of my friends over playing it a couple of times. One is top 15 in world and the other just fell out of top 100. I'm the worst at 300.

I just play the hell out of this game and have gotten really good after over a thousand games. I don't have the outlane posts in at all (they were originally in the highest slot where the LE shipped), and have everything else factory recommended settings and pitch. I do still have extra balls turned on, which helps get there sometimes. But I have beat IT and looped back through and beat four more houses with one ball with my current setup.

All you have to do with the upper playfield is know the angles and nudges to make every shot three times, then get really good at cradling on the right flipper coming out of the sword lock at mode start (or short plunge after a ball lock) and backhanding Stark. Once you get to the upper playfield, and now how to do it, you can complete the house pretty easily. Then out the back of the upper playfield to the left flipper, cradle and Lannister to start the next two modes, rinse and repeat.

#1614 4 years ago

Did you disable the castle drop target? That alone makes things easier said than done.

How do you go about trapping balls that come out of the sword lock?

#1615 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How do you go about trapping balls that come out of the sword lock?

Superbands will do it or a post catch if you get real good at them.

My mini PF isn't nearly that easy, but I did put lightening flippers up there. I couldn't stand cosmetically how the flippers stuck out into the return lane so put them on there.

Atum - Adjust your slings. I 100% promise that will drastically increase the difficulty of your game. But it sounds like your strategy is just get there. When I play, I'm trying to get there but with a decent score at the same time so killing all the houses through the mini PF doesn't make sense.

#1616 4 years ago
Quoted from atum:

I just play the hell out of this game and have gotten really good after over a thousand games. I don't have the outlane posts in at all (they were originally in the highest slot where the LE shipped), and have everything else factory recommended settings and pitch. I do still have extra balls turned on, which helps get there sometimes. But I have beat IT and looped back through and beat four more houses with one ball with my current setup.
All you have to do with the upper playfield is know the angles and nudges to make every shot three times, then get really good at cradling on the right flipper coming out of the sword lock at mode start (or short plunge after a ball lock) and backhanding Stark. Once you get to the upper playfield, and now how to do it, you can complete the house pretty easily. Then out the back of the upper playfield to the left flipper, cradle and Lannister to start the next two modes, rinse and repeat.

Please stream video, I want to see Iron Throne. I played today, 8 game and got to Hand of the King once.

#1617 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Superbands will do it or a post catch if you get real good at them.
My mini PF isn't nearly that easy, but I did put lightening flippers up there. I couldn't stand cosmetically how the flippers stuck out into the return lane so put them on there.
Atum - Adjust your slings. I 100% promise that will drastically increase the difficulty of your game. But it sounds like your strategy is just get there. When I play, I'm trying to get there but with a decent score at the same time so killing all the houses through the mini PF doesn't make sense.

He said his game is stock. Also if he’s post catching every time it comes out the lock, then I’d say he’s a pinball god. Haha

#1618 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

He said his game is stock. Also if he’s post catching every time it comes out the lock, then I’d say he’s a pinball god. Haha

Castle drop target is there fully stock settings, but it drops at the beginning of every mode, and I don't worry too much about getting the upper playfield castle multiball unless I am planning around it. First, I play as Random to keep it fun, and not just bully one house. If not Stark, I complete all three starks without completing the upper playfield. If not Stark or Greyjoy, I make Stark ramp, hit it out the back ASAP, catch on left, backhand Greyjoy. Comes around to right flipper, catch, repeat. Then you can have both qualified basically for free if you get good catches. On the last Stark completion (once qualified), I do the castle loop for light one (Arrows) , and then complete targets for light two (Charge). Then I start a mode, which drops the target, so I never really have to deal with it. If needed I back hand it and pray that it goes down (but it rarely does).

Post catching out of lock is hard, but if the ball roll is fast, I generally just shoot for Lannister, which will release another ball (or the same one), and the second ball always seems to be slower, and can generally be caught. Or if I am shooting for a target on the left half of the playfield, I just go for it, and then try to get the ball back under control after a first shot. I always try to sync up my locks with starting two modes, so that I can avoid this, and just catch it off a short plunge.

@85vett, I'll mess with the slings, but they are just the way they came out of the box from the factory. And I play for score along the way. I can go into IT with 2+ billion and rack up from there. Certainly you can get higher from finishing modes, which is what I am doing now (avoiding completes on upper playfield, which really sucks with 24 Drogon shots)!, and can get 4+ billion going into IT, with playing multiballs, mini-wizards, etc.

#1619 4 years ago
Quoted from beeker3000:

I think it is, especially if you plan to keep the game long term. Being able to loop that shot all the way around adds a lot of flow (and speed) to the game, which is the main gripe about the LE/Prem vs. the Pro. It feels really good to hit, too.

Is the ball supposed to loop around both left and right orbit? Seems like mine does sometimes but also seems like there is a gate back there that sometimes redirects the ball to the pops.

Another question to anyone, how easy is the backhand from right flipper to right loop supposed to be? I can sometimes make it up there but most the time there isnt enough momentum to go all the way, usually just 3/4 the way. Very frustrating when i need that shot to close modes and i htting cleanly several times only for it to come back down.

Another shot i am having problems with is the dragon shot. Mostly straight down the middle after making the shot. Alot of times ill tap it right back in there consecutively and the kicker doesnt register on the immediate 2nd attempt so the ball just glides sdtm. Seems like a very risky shot for the most part.

#1620 4 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

Is the ball supposed to loop around both left and right orbit? Seems like mine does sometimes but also seems like there is a gate back there that sometimes redirects the ball to the pops.

If the left orbit is lit for a combo (red arrow) or during certain modes, the left orbit should go all the way around.

#1621 4 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

Another question to anyone, how easy is the backhand from right flipper to right loop supposed to be?

Near impossible from a trap, pretty doable from an on the fly backhand.

#1622 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Near impossible from a trap, pretty doable from an on the fly backhand.

Okay glad it isnt just me. Yeah i was referencing a cradled backhand. Thought my flipper didnt have enough power. Weird as i can get it up there sometimes. I'd say maybe one out of eight or so. If i got speed on the ball no problem but then the aim isnt as easy.

How bout the dragon shot best stradegy once hit? Most the time i get caught with my right flipper still up and either get a clean sdtm or ricochet off right flipper down the middle or shot right back in the dragon shot, no kicker register, stdm. Best to just dead flip? Im having serious repercussions after i make the shot.

#1623 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If the left orbit is lit for a combo (red arrow) or during certain modes, the left orbit should go all the way around.

Good to know, thx! So no pass through on right orbit? Even if red arrow is lit for combo?

Whats the community think for a good score on this game? After about a week i can hit 300-400 mil consistently. A good game over a billion. I got each house top score atleast over a bil. Highest score so far is 2.4 bil with House Tyrell no less lol. Just got real lucky in that game.

#1624 4 years ago

With practice, you can get billions. Over ten billion isn’t unheard of.

Both orbits should go all the way around if lit for combo or during certain modes.

Best to dead bounce off a dragon shot.

Never hold up the flipper after you flip. It’s a bad habit. Always immediately release after you flip so you’re ready to flip again.

#1625 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Best to dead bounce off a dragon shot.

On my machine, I have issues with that one, that it comes out hot enough that it bounces off hard into the drop targets, and gets out of control pretty quick. I flip right as its coming down, so it deadens the ball into the bottom side of the post. Not always under control, but keeps it from getting into the slings or outlanes with pretty good luck.

#1626 4 years ago

Then hold up the flipper and let it bounce off the tip. I do that on mine and it’s pretty safe.

#1627 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then hold up the flipper and let it bounce off the tip. I do that on mine and it’s pretty safe.

That's the same thing I was just doing 20 mins ago. Hold Flipper Up.

#1628 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

That's the same thing I was just doing 20 mins ago. Hold Flipper Up.

I will try again, maybe things have worn down a bit and its a bit softer. But if it came back with full force, it was hitting just far enough down the flipper that it was wanting to go into the lock standups, and then was pretty dangerous with that outlane there, and no post to direct it back inward.

#1629 4 years ago

Just joined the club with a HUO Premium for my first pin. The playfield is filthy so it's a little slow right now, but I plan to get in there and clean it up this weekend. I also have a pop bumper switch that isn't working but hopefully it's just something shaken loose from shipping. Got a few games in and was struggling just to complete a house, so I'm definitely in awe of some of the scores you all put up!

#1630 4 years ago

Get used to cleaning this bad boy. That upper playfield puts dirt EVERYWHERE. I’m cleaning every 500 games or less. Ball trails almost immediately even with translucent rubbers.

#1631 4 years ago

Just cleaned mine Monday. 244 game. Replaced balls too. Thats 718 game sense new code and Three (3) cleaning. I think when I hit 1000 plays I'll remove upper playfield and clean that again too.

#1632 4 years ago

Last time I removed upper playfield and cleaned I sure thought it wouldn't be needing to be cleaned as much because It was filthy. Man I was wrong, every time I think it needs cleaning I look at audit and 240-250 game sence last cleaning.

#1633 4 years ago

Yeah. Definitely a dirty one. I was shocked too.

#1634 4 years ago

Having a problem with my GOT. After each ball launch as the ball enters the upper PF all the flippers die briefly, then they die again after the ball exits the upper PF as soon as it reaches the inlane switch. They die briefly during game play otherwise as well but at these two times they ALWAYS die.

Checked the integrity of all connectors with no luck and ran a diagnostics test of all node boards with no error messages.

I do get a tech alert to check the tilt pendulum switch, but the tilt works just fine and I assume this message is unrelated. Bad assumption?

Any ideas are welcome. I'm really stumped.

#1635 4 years ago

Sounds like it’s a stern call. Sorry.

#1636 4 years ago

Agreed, I was thinking on of the connectors under the mini playfield was acting up until you said you checked it. Are you 100% no wires have been pinched that go to it? It would be easy to do when putting it back on.

#1637 4 years ago

I downloaded manual trying to find something for the last hour, with no luck. Maybe check under lower playfield. (Connector). I do know I like Sam's over Spike.

#1638 4 years ago

Try reloading code, if no luck swap node boards to see if that is your issue.

#1639 4 years ago

I've gone to the stern website to try to download the game code for GOT Premium, but it doesn't give me the option--it just takes me to "Related Posts" page:

https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/game-of-thrones-premium-game-code/

Anyone able to help?

#1640 4 years ago

Works for me. Go here and find 1.37 for the premium.

https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/

#1641 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Works for me. Go here and find 1.37 for the premium.

https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/

GOT it. Operator error as usual. Thanks!

#1642 4 years ago

I see what you did there. Haha

#1643 4 years ago

Okay, sorry to be a nag again but I'm still having problems downloading the GOT Premium code. For some reason it's just not downloading as a file that I can unzip--even though when I download my JP Premium code it does download as a file that I can unzip. For the GOT code, I've tried downloading it in three different browsers with no luck. Can someone please upload the GOT Premium code for me to a cloud from where I can download it?

#1644 4 years ago

Skip that last message. I called Stern and they said that the file did not need to be unzipped (even though the Read Me file says it does), so I'm attempting to update the code with the .spk file. Sorry.

#1645 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Having a problem with my GOT. After each ball launch as the ball enters the upper PF all the flippers die briefly, then they die again after the ball exits the upper PF as soon as it reaches the inlane switch. They die briefly during game play otherwise as well but at these two times they ALWAYS die.
Checked the integrity of all connectors with no luck and ran a diagnostics test of all node boards with no error messages.
I do get a tech alert to check the tilt pendulum switch, but the tilt works just fine and I assume this message is unrelated. Bad assumption?
Any ideas are welcome. I'm really stumped.

I was trying today on my pin to see what the left return lane and the other switch has in common. Only thing that I think it could be is the Gound or CN15. Wished I could say for sure. My focus would be on CN15.

#1646 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I was trying today on my pin to see what the left return lane and the other switch has in common. Only thing that I think it could be is the Gound or CN15. Wished I could say for sure. My focus would be on CN15.

Thanks so much. I'll take a look. I did a code update and checked all connectors and wires again, but still no change.

#1647 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Thanks so much. I'll take a look. I did a code update and checked all connectors and wires again, but still no change.

Check
Node #9
14 pin CN15 and
Node #10
14 pin CN15
Pull out and reinstall

#1648 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Is it both flipper (top, bottom) that go dead? They are powered by NODE#8
Left Flipper CN5, Right CN8
Upper Left CN10, Right CN12.
Hang in there someone with knowledge will chime in soon.

#1649 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Is it both flipper (top, bottom) that go dead?

Yes, all four flippers die simultaneously.

#1650 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Yes, all four flippers die simultaneously.

NODE #8, CN4 is the power in, it powers switches and all flippers. Make sure that connections good and tight.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 2,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.