IMG_2001 (resized).png
gt2 (resized).JPG
gt1 (resized).JPG
GT (resized).JPG
IMG_0556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 45.
#1501 4 years ago

I agree definitely, higher scoring! I am a poor player but I have seen Winter Has Come at a more frequent rate then in the past, Love the new call outs which there are a lot. I also like the new mini play field rules and new Castle Multi ball. The mini play field was in the past Ok in my estimation but, now it has become a great asset to the overall game.

What are people finding they like for adjustments on the various light intensity, speech/music and speaker sound settings?

#1502 4 years ago

Ok, ColorDMD fans... LED or LCD?

I checked out the sample videos on http://shop.colordmd.com/led-replacement-display-for-game-of-thrones-pinball-machine/

I couldn't tell a difference between the two examples, in fact, I think it was the SAME video for both LED and LCD.

Can we discuss/ see pics?

Thanks! And love 1.36!!

#1503 4 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

I checked out the sample videos on http://shop.colordmd.com/led-replacement-display-for-game-of-thrones-pinball-machine/
I couldn't tell a difference between the two examples, in fact, I think it was the SAME video for both LED and LCD.
Thanks! And love 1.36!!

I love the LED. Easier install and has a stock look/feel to it.

#1504 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I love the LED. Easier install and has a stock look/feel to it.

^^^THIS^^^ I love the way my LED looks in my LE, like it came factory that way.

#1505 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

2 - is there a setting to put getting a castle back to the old way of just awarding points and not completing a mode?

Upvote! Would love this option. Just as button has a classic or current option, this should too. It lets you significantly increase the difficulty with one setting!

#1506 4 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

Thanks! And love 1.36!!

I don't like how bright the LED versions are. LCD is easier on my eyes, plus I run it upscaled (Scan mode) which I think makes the game look more modern.

#1507 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't like how bright the LED versions are. LCD is easier on my eyes, plus I run it upscaled (Scan mode) which I think makes the game look more modern.

https://www.cometpinball.com/category-s/1892.htm

This will lessen the brightness as well as stop the reflection on the glass.

#1508 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

https://www.cometpinball.com/category-s/1892.htm
This will lessen the brightness as well as stop the reflection on the glass.

I have one of these installed with a lcd running in xldots mode I think. I chose the lcd because this game has video clips from the show, not animated dots.

#1509 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

1 - did Dwight put in there a way to adjust the power for the ball eject into the shooter lane.

I don’t think so, I didn’t see the option in the menu, but I wasn’t looking for it either and passed it by.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

2 - is there a setting to put getting a castle back to the old way of just awarding points and not completing a mode?

Thought I heard you could revert back to old rules, although that might have just been for the action button,and not the castle rewards.

#1510 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I have one of these installed with a lcd running in xldots mode I think. I chose the lcd because this game has video clips from the show, not animated dots.

Delete. Dupe post

#1511 4 years ago

Any chance you could post a video?

#1512 4 years ago

With the new code.

#1513 4 years ago

With the new code.

Awesome! Thank you. LCD it is.

#1514 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Haven’t downloaded the new code yet, but I have 2 questions.
1 - did Dwight put in there a way to adjust the power for the ball eject into the shooter lane.

Since nobody has mentioned it for #2, I don't think so. I agree that this would be a good setting for those that want the option of the traditional house mode progression.

#1515 4 years ago

Boom just put up 57 Billion on my GOT no extra balls Lannister all the way.

20190721_205205 (resized).jpg20190721_205205 (resized).jpg
#1516 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Haven’t downloaded the new code yet, but I have 2 questions.

So is #1 in there now? I looked but could’ve easily missed it. Definitely way to strong by default and eats up the shooter lane.

#1517 4 years ago

I'm thinking about updating to 1.36 on my Game of Thrones Premium, but would like the option of being able to revert back to the older code if possible since the new code seems to have a few initial bugs and might not be 'better' for location and/or tournament play in the long run.

Unfortunately i don't think I have any of the old versions saved anywhere. we tried removing the SD card and plugging it into a SD card reader on a Mac and PC were unsuccessful in being able to extract the old code.

does anyone have an old .SPK for premium they can send me? we've been running 1.29 for awhile since the newer updates don't have any major game play updates and it's been running bug free for 2+ years with heavy regular play (200+ plays/week), but 1.34 would probably be fine as well.

#1518 4 years ago

I think I have 1.26 saved on my pc. I’ll look tonight if I have time.

#1519 4 years ago

Just updated code on my LE. Played a few game, better eat dinner before playing anymore or I'll go to bed hungry. I may be up for sometime tonight.

#1520 4 years ago

I have 1.29 on my thumb drive. Let me know if you'd like a copy.

#1521 4 years ago
Quoted from scspoklhap:

does anyone have an old .SPK for premium they can send me? we've been running 1.29 for awhile since the newer updates don't have any major game play updates and it's been running bug free for 2+ years with heavy regular play (200+ plays/week), but 1.34 would probably be fine as well.

in regards to old code, I have received a version of 1.29, which works swimmingly well for me. thanks a bunch.

for anyone else who is curious about having a backup copy of older code, there is still a downloadable version of 1.34 available (for now) on the Stern support website on their 'SD Card Images' page. it requires writing the code to an SD card instead of the usual thumb drive process, but there are thorough instructions on their site on how to accomplish this.

#1522 4 years ago

I’m definitely going to save the old code. I like the new code as a player, but as a tournament director this “everyone gets a HOTK!” code makes me nervous.

#1523 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m definitely going to save the old code. I like the new code as a player, but as a tournament director this “everyone gets a HOTK!” code makes me nervous.

Use the setting to make everyone play the same house then.

#1524 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Or just say no Stark or Targaryan allowed. If someone picked it and plays the ball they are DQ’d.

#1525 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And you could force them to play different houses in each round of competition. Stark for quarter finals, Baratheon for semi finals and Greyjoy’s for the finals.

#1526 4 years ago

And you could force them to play different houses in each round of competition. Stark for quarter finals, Baratheon for semi finals and Greyjoy’s for the finals.

I like that.

#1527 4 years ago

Did I read code 1.37 correctly...we can turn off getting a castle to complete a mode?

#1528 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Did I read code 1.37 correctly...we can turn off getting a castle to complete a mode?

Yes. Pretty sure I saw it in the menu now.

#1529 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Yes.

#1530 4 years ago

Yup, Dwight took many of our setting requests and made them reality. You can turn off castle loop completion of houses, also tweak the number of times a button ability may be used per ball and used per game, so Stark's direwolf ability can be scaled back, or made overpowered as the player desires.

But the BEST new setting that will end the frustration and hacks around the ball falling out of the throne: You can now turn off the throne entirely, and the ball will return to the upper playfield instead. Brilliant!

#1531 4 years ago

Anything you can do to slow the ball down will help it stick the landing in the throne. Lots of ways to do this, but I agree that a factory solution would have been nice.

#1532 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Anything you can do to slow the ball down will help it stick the landing in the throne. Lots of ways to do this, but I agree that a factory solution would have been nice.

Yup, I added 3 small rubber speed bumps to the wireform a couple weeks ago, and haven't had a throne fall out since.

#1533 4 years ago

What strategies are you guys using with the new code? I made my first Iron Throne tonight with Stark. I used Direwolf on Baratheon and Targaryen 2 and 3. I used castle completions on Lannister and Tyrell. Completed the rest the old fashioned way. Almost completed Iron Throne, capturing 6 of 7 castles! Finished at 5.7 billion, with 2 billion from Iron Throne.

I've been playing Targaryen a bunch too, mainly because I am afraid of dragons.
IMG_20190810_191244 (resized).jpgIMG_20190810_191244 (resized).jpg

#1534 4 years ago

Here's a fun strategy. Not really one for competition but fun at home or on location. Pick Greyjoy. Play Tyrell next. Now play BWMB and when you come out of it, use your Iron Bank button to cash in 100-200M. Now play Stark, cash it in quick and easy, don't worry about maxing it out. Now play Lannister. Use your Stark button to finish Lannister. Now HOTK will be ready. Go into HOTK with the Lannister button ability and profit! This is pretty hard to pull off but lots of fun when you can do it.

#1535 4 years ago

I’m goin to dive into other strategies once i get sick of playing castle MB over and over. Haha. So much fun.

#1536 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Here's a fun strategy. Not really one for competition but fun at home or on location. Pick Greyjoy. Play Tyrell next. Now play BWMB and when you come out of it, use your Iron Bank button to cash in 100-200M. Now play Stark, cash it in quick and easy, don't worry about maxing it out. Now play Lannister. Use your Stark button to finish Lannister. Now HOTK will be ready. Go into HOTK with the Lannister button ability and profit! This is pretty hard to pull off but lots of fun when you can do it.

I tried this today about 5 or 6 times before I pulled it off. More info.... Once you've done all this snag Martell. Now you've got the add-a-ball for your 2nd BWMB or Wall MB or even Winter Has Come. Then do Baratheon for the Lord of Light and carry that into Targaryen to hopefully use the LOL to help you finish Targ with all it's dangerous shots. Today I only made it to stage 2 of Targ so no Iron Throne for me. Still a bit over 5 billion.

Actually, the hardest part of this strategy is on ball one just surviving all the shots to the Tyrell targets to get that lit!

#1537 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m goin to dive into other strategies once i get sick of playing castle MB over and over. Haha. So much fun.

Right?! Coming from the Pro, I’ve really grown to love the upper PF!

#1538 4 years ago

In Castle MB, I like to...
- advance Castle MB progress up to the last insert (Castle MB)
- get 2X or 3X going on the lower playfield before starting Castle MB
- go to the upper playfield and shoot 2 Castle Loops to get 3X on the upper PF
--- the combination of 3X on the upper and 3X on the main = 9X
--- Start Castle MB and go for Supers on the upper PF - while keeping the PF Multipliers high

Remember that the upper PFX is multiplied by the main PFX - so 3X * 3X = 9X - and the max is 15X (3X * 5X)
- also you get the add-a-ball at the first Super, and if you have the Martell Action button you can get another Add-a-Ball when needed

#1539 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

In Castle MB, I like to...
- advance Castle MB progress up to the last insert (Castle MB)
- get 2X or 3X going on the lower playfield before starting Castle MB
- go to the upper playfield and shoot 2 Castle Loops to get 3X on the upper PF
--- the combination of 3X on the upper and 3X on the main = 9X
--- Start Castle MB and go for Supers on the upper PF - while keeping the PF Multipliers high
Remember that the upper PFX is multiplied by the main PFX - so 3X * 3X = 9X - and the max is 15X (3X * 5X)
- also you get the add-a-ball at the first Super, and if you have the Martell Action button you can get another Add-a-Ball when needed

Trying to do exactly this while playing as Greyjoy.

I just had a cool moment where I had the stark power still, I needed one more mode for HOTK. I started the final dragon on targaryens mode, as the ball came down from the lock, I hit the lock bar button to kill the mode the. Immediately shot the center ramp for HOTK. Badass!

#1540 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Trying to do exactly this while playing as Greyjoy.
I just had a cool moment where I had the stark power still, I needed one more mode for HOTK. I started the final dragon on targaryens mode, as the ball came down from the lock, I hit the lock bar button to kill the mode the. Immediately shot the center ramp for HOTK. Badass!

Awesome - so many possible ways to play this game now. Playing as Greyjoy is intense if you are trying to figure out how to line everything up.

Currently I try to focus on a couple key things when playing as Greyjoy:
- beat Martell right before 1 or 2 Multiballs
- use the Action Button as much as possible

At first I found myself not using the Action Button effectively in Greyjoy, so I changed my default to "when in doubt, hit the button"! I hit it at the wrong times frequently, but it helps to get used to the ever changing ability. The more you use it, the more you get used to it.

#1541 4 years ago

It’s true what they say, “if you don’t use it, you lose it.”

1 week later
#1542 4 years ago

Hi all, loving my Game of Thrones LE, just bought and put a Color dmd in it. Looking for a couple of answers or some help of other Color dmd’ers for this game.....which setting for the screen type do you use and like, I’ve set mine to the “Tile” one as the hires one looked blurry or fuzzy, and has anyone noticed that some of the graphics are not actually coloured or look quite blurry or just don’t look quite right?? I have the latest firmware for the game and dmd.

#1543 4 years ago
Quoted from toeskneez:

Hi all, loving my Game of Thrones LE, just bought and put a Color dmd in it. Looking for a couple of answers or some help of other Color dmd’ers for this game.....which setting for the screen type do you use and like, I’ve set mine to the “Tile” one as the hires one looked blurry or fuzzy, and has anyone noticed that some of the graphics are not actually coloured or look quite blurry or just don’t look quite right?? I have the latest firmware for the game and dmd.

Try the big dots mode

#1544 4 years ago

I finally played the game with the new code on it.

WOW!!! is all I have to say. It really elevates the game.

I noticed too new colors on the playfield, for instance the Lord of Light has a rainbow effect. On the upper playfield, the multiplier has a rainbow like effect.

I noticed a lot of new callouts too.

Is there a ColorDMD update for the game with the new code?

#1545 4 years ago

I agree. This game has improved a lot with this code update. Hopefully the word will get out and this game will get a little more respect. I think it’s easily a top 25 game.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is there a ColorDMD update

Yes.

#1546 4 years ago
Quoted from toeskneez:

DotsXL for me. What scenes dont look colored or 'right'? I might have missed some. And remember if it looks blurry, its only a 128x32 dot image. There isn't much crispness in that

Pics would help.

#1547 4 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

DotsXL for me. What scenes dont look colored or 'right'? I might have missed some. And remember if it looks blurry, its only a 128x32 dot image. There isn't much crispness in that
Pics would help.

I’ve done it xldots, looks heaps better but it’s the scene with the giant mammoth and they’re walking towards the wall? It might be meant to be black and white, but it just doesn’t look right. I think it’s the white walker mode thingo?

#1548 4 years ago

I had a crazy awesome combo today, even if it wasn't fully intentional. Started Stark Mode. Hit the center ramp 11 times in a row, then the left orbit to complete the mode. When the ball came around the right orbit I slapped it into the Dragon shot(which just happened to be the last one needed to qualify Wall MB). When it rocketed out of the Dragon shot I flailed and backhanded it up the right orbit to start Wall MB! It was crazy and 14 shots total over about 15 seconds.

#1549 4 years ago
Quoted from toeskneez:

I’ve done it xldots, looks heaps better but it’s the scene with the giant mammoth and they’re walking towards the wall? It might be meant to be black and white, but it just doesn’t look right. I think it’s the white walker mode thingo?

Only Mammoth scene I recall is this one:

Mammoth.gifMammoth.gif

Unless you mean the beginning intro to Battle for the wall multiball and I know thats colored and shows on my LE. A lot of those night/snow scenes are sparse on color just because they are dark and filmed that way.

If a scene is uncolored it would show up in the default yellow/gold color like the score is in.

#1550 4 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Only Mammoth scene I recall is this one:
[quoted image]
Unless you mean the beginning intro to Blackwater multiball and I know thats colored and shows on my LE. A lot of those night/snow scenes are sparse on color just because they are dark and filmed that way.
If a scene is uncolored it would show up in the default yellow/gold color like the score is in.

No it’s not that one. It’s the one where they’re walking out of the forest? I’ll try and get video of it. Having said that, I’ve never seen the scene you show!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club/page/31?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.