IMG_2001 (resized).png
gt2 (resized).JPG
gt1 (resized).JPG
GT (resized).JPG
IMG_0556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,233 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 45.
#1451 4 years ago

The first castle mb super jackpot also awards an add-a-ball.

#1452 4 years ago

Spinner Rules

There are now nine levels instead of
three.
- You can only increase the level of your spinner up to how many house modes you have completed plus one.
- When the spinner value is increased the value grows based on what level your spinner is at. Each level grows the spinner faster.
- Each ball the spinner starts a level one.
- Completing the three bank of targets bumps you to the next level.
- Each drop target hit increases the value of the spinner.
- Hitting the battering ram sometimes also increases the value of the spinner.

#1453 4 years ago
Quoted from beeker3000:

You can make everyone to play the same House of your choosing via game settings. Or force random House selection.

You can make all play same house or play random house's.

#1454 4 years ago

I wish I still had my LE with this update.

#1455 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

You can also now complete the current house mode(s) by capturing a castle in the upper playfield.

This is the only change I don’t like. I fear that players (especially in tournaments) will go for the upper playfield every time instead of playing through modes. I hope the current behavior can still be chosen (make the upper playfield targets complete shots).

#1456 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

This is the only change I don’t like. I fear that players (especially in tournaments) will go for the upper playfield every time instead of playing through modes. I hope the current behavior can still be chosen (make the upper playfield targets complete shots).

One disadvantage to trying to complete houses from the upper pf is that you won't get the bigger points for actually working through the mode traditionally. I agree that this would make a good setting to turn on/off.

#1457 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

One disadvantage to trying to complete houses from the upper pf is that you won't get the bigger points for actually working through the mode traditionally. I agree that this would make a good setting to turn on/off.

No need to turn it off. Crappy players will get to iron throne more easily, although their score will suffer. Advanced players will have more verity in how they score huge points.

#1459 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

No need to turn it off. Crappy players will get to iron throne more easily, although their score will suffer. Advanced players will have more verity in how they score huge points.

This is my biggest dissatisfaction as well. I liked being able to use the playfield to capture the castle and aid in the completion of the house. It nerfed the score a bit, but you could do most of the house and then just use that for an easy out, especially on Tyrell and Greyjoy. With this change, you will get jack for completing this, or have to play 50%+ of the house before doing this to still get a decent score.

Does anyone know if Hand of the King or Iron Throne rely on score earned during a house to set jackpot values? Or is HotK just based on which houses you complete, not how well you did during them? And I have only been to Iron Throne once, so I have no idea how that works.

Thanks!

#1460 4 years ago
Quoted from atum:

Does anyone know if Hand of the King or Iron Throne rely on score earned during a house to set jackpot values?

No effect.

Quoted from atum:

Or is HotK just based on which houses you complete, not how well you did during them?

This is correct.

#1461 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No effect.

This is correct.

So a new strategy could be to blast through the houses as quick as possible and just try to rack up a huge Iron Throne score and HotK along the way. Would be interesting how those scores compare to getting 5 or 6 houses the legit way.

#1462 4 years ago

Tie the Iron Throne and HOTK jackpot values to the number of “earned” shots for all completed houses, problem solved.

#1463 4 years ago

Missed this originally, but on a re-watch of the stream, the new action button powers are a game setting that can be toggled on/off. Not sure if this means the castle loop will still finish houses when collecting a castle. Probably.

#1464 4 years ago

Game of Thrones new code reveal stream was yesterday.

Thanks to Dwight from Stern and Jack from Deadflip. Reveal was insane! Summary:

Most houses have a new action button power. This is a game setting. These new powers can be turned off in settings to use the old familiar rules.

Stark can finish the current house mode with a direwolf once per ball. If fighting Targaryen, it will only kill one of the 3 dragons.

Lannister can purchase playfield multipliers with gold, which time out eventually just like before. 500 gold per multiplier. 2x = 1K, 3x = 1.5K, 4x = 2K and 5x = 2.5K. Existing Max multiplier rules still enforced, based on houses completed. They also earn even more gold than before.

Baratheon can light a temporary Lord of Light save on both outlanes once per ball with the action button. Baratheon also advances battle for the wall each time the player drops the three Baratheon drop targets.

Tyrell can access Iron Bank once per ball at a greater value than before, and multiplied by playfield multipliers.

Martel is still add a ball once per ball.

Greyjoy doesn't have its own new action power, but now you inherit the house action power of the most recent house you plundered.

Targaryen is now a playable house! They can pause all timers for 15 seconds once per ball. They also spot themselves as a completed house like Greyjoy, so you don't need to fight the dragons at all to progress.

Really cool changes that will make it easier to advance to Hand of the King and Iron Throne for sure.

You can also now complete the current house mode(s) by capturing a castle in the upper playfield. If fighting two houses in a mode, both can be defeated this way at once. If fighting Targaryen, only one dragon can be killed this way.

Castle multi-ball has been revamped, and is easier to progress to. The castle loop shot is lit on a new ball entering the upper playfield for a short timer. If you hit the shot, you advance one level towards castle multi-ball automatically. New super jackpot collected at castle loop during castle multi-ball. Castle loop also increases upper playfield multipliers.

There will be "lots" of new callouts, but no new animations. New visual effects added also.

No new modes or content from new seasons.

Random mode for selecting starting house.

Upper playfield now has playfield multipliers independent from the main playfield, and these stack together up there, being multiplied. So 3x upper playfield and 5x lower playfield gives you 15x upper playfield.

Baratheon target/spinner exploit tougher to exploit. Now spinner value can only be advanced to the number of houses you have completed + 1. Completing the 3 bank of targets increases spinner level.

You can purchase 3 of the new house action powers during spend your gold mode. Martel, Baratheon and Tyrell. Once you purchase a new ability, you lose your old ability. You can only ever have one action ability at a time.

More stuff too, but I'll let others chime in.

#1465 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

You can purchase 3 of the new house action powers during spend your gold mode. Martel, Baratheon and Tyrell. Once you purchase a new ability, you lose your old ability. You can only ever have one action ability at a time.

I wonder if the lock bar button changes color to match the power you’ve acquired.

Reason I ask is that I made a custom under cabinet light that changes to match the buttons color. Currently it basically stays the same color as the house you picked at the beginning of the game, I hope it’s a little bit more interactive.

#1466 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I wonder if the lock bar button changes color to match the power you’ve acquired.

Yes it does.

#1467 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Lannister can purchase playfield multipliers with gold, which time out eventually just like before. 500 gold per multiplier. 2x = 1K, 3x = 1.5K, 4x = 2K and 5x = 2.5K. Existing Max multiplier rules still enforced, based on houses completed.

With Lannister to get to 3x is it 1.5k total? Or is it 1k to get to 2x and an additional 1.5k to get to 3x (2.5k total)?

#1468 4 years ago
Quoted from atum:

Or is it 1k to get to 2x and an additional 1.5k to get to 3x (2.5k total)?

This.

#1469 4 years ago

Thanks chuckwurt! I thought that was what it showed on the stream, but with the gold amounts not shown all the time as Lannister, it is hard to tell without having your hands on the game.

Loved your stream by the way. Very informative to really see it in action!

#1470 4 years ago

Yeah Lannister is probably the hardest one to grasp. I just try to keep my eye on the button. It will only be red when you have enough gold to buy the next multiplier.

#1471 4 years ago
Quoted from atum:

So a new strategy could be to blast through the houses as quick as possible and just try to rack up a huge Iron Throne score and HotK along the way. Would be interesting how those scores compare to getting 5 or 6 houses the legit way.

Spot on. This is probably the biggest thing that I am looking forward to discovering/understanding. My personal hope is that if a player chooses the less risky path to the Iron Throne by blasting through the modes via the dire wolf and/or from the safety of the upper playfield, that the scoring will be a strong reflection of that as compared to the player that takes the risk of completing the modes from the main playfield shots (I would guess/hope that the playfield shot multipliers will have a big role in assisting with that). If there is no major scoring bonus for going through the modes fully on your way to the Iron Throne, then I worry the game will get to be very repetitive and some of the fun will be lost.

Getting to the wizard mode on any game is a big deal, whether you are a good player or not. It's nice to see that a more novice player will have an opportunity to see and experience the awesomeness that is the Iron Throne. Hopefully the scoring and rules balance where the skilled player will WANT to go for the shot modes and play them out on their way to the Iron Throne and that the repetition of the upper playfield is not always their preferred path to that awesomeness. Choices are always nice, it's gonna be fun rediscovering this game and all the new choices and decisions that will come with the new update.

Side note - I'm super excited to see that every house now has their own action button ability, that really takes it to the next level. I also love all of the extra nuance that Dwight added to the upper playfield - - it's truly an integral part of the game now and really gives it justification and reason for being in the game. I have absolutely ZERO regrets on my original GOTLE purchase. An incredible story has it's own incredible pinball machine.

#1472 4 years ago

No scoring changes were made to any of the modes including the wizard modes.

However, the player that plays the modes out on their way to IT will have way higher scores than the one that doesn’t.

For example: Stark mode. Use the dire wolf and get exactly 5mm for that mode. Play it out for points and you can get hundreds of millions.

Baratheon mode. Dire wolf will get you exactly 5mm for the mode. Play it out and crazy scores are possible. There was an over 500mm collect on my stream from a player playing it out.

#1473 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No scoring changes were made to any of the modes including the wizard modes.
However, the player that plays the modes out on their way to IT will have way higher scores than the one that doesn’t.
For example: Stark mode. Use the dire wolf and get exactly 5mm for that mode. Play it out for points and you can get hundreds of millions.
Baratheon mode. Dire wolf will get you exactly 5mm for the mode. Play it out and crazy scores are possible. There was an over 500mm collect on my stream from a player playing it out.

How many points are typically rewarded during HOTK and Iron Throne if you play them decent and collect the super jackpots? A couple billion? Enough to overshadow 300+ million Stark mode or 500+ million Baratheon mode? Let's just say a player does well on all 7 house modes with 200 mil each, that's only 1.4 billion more than if you speed your way to the finish line and there's the risk (and likelihood) that you won't even reach the Iron Throne. Where as if you choose Stark right off the bat and can blow away a house on every ball and safely complete others on the upper playfield, you have a very high likelihood of getting a billion or more out of HOTK and another billion or two out of Iron Throne. Maybe I have my values all off as well - I'm having a hard time remembering how many points are typically scored those two wizard modes.

I wonder how many times in a game a skilled player will be able to go through the game and go to those wizard modes and collect billions of points on each trip... Maybe you have a little insight on this being a beta tester? Curious if you've tried to see the fastest method and how many times you can get to the Iron Throne in one game.

In any case, it'll be exciting to play. Makes me wonder if the new update will feel a little bit like Star Trek in a way, where you can choose to play the first level modes and get to Kobayashi Maru fairly frequently or play vertically and get to see and experience more of the game. Will be awesome for those of us with the game at home.

#1474 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I'm having a hard time remembering how many points are typically scored those two wizard modes.

HOTK can be 100mm, or billions. Usually closer to 100mm than billions. Especially if your skill level requires you to wish away modes to get there.

Iron Throne you can pretty much count on at least a billion with the add a balls it gives you.

These added advantages are most definitely to allow more novice players a shot at the wizard modes. Also they provide a quick path to HOTK for competitive players if they feel they can consistently blow it up.

Quoted from T-800:

I wonder how many times in a game a skilled player will be able to go through the game and go to those wizard modes and collect billions of points on each trip... Maybe you have a little insight on this being a beta tester?

Remember you can only wish away a mode once per ball. While this will help on your way to your first iron throne, you’re on your own the next trip through.

#1475 4 years ago

Well, it'll be fun to work through all the different choices and see what pays off the most in the end!

Do you happen to know with Targaryen's house ability, if you hit the button right before the ball save timer is ending, will that be extended by another 15 seconds per the action button benefit (or is that only for traditional game features)? If so, I could see this as acting almost like add-a-ball and really being a big help in the multiballs.

#1476 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Well, it'll be fun to work through all the different choices and see what pays off the most in the end!
Do you happen to know with Targaryen's house ability, if you hit the button right before the ball save timer is ending, will that be extended by another 15 seconds per the action button benefit (or is that only for traditional game features)? If so, I could see this as acting almost like add-a-ball and really being a big help in the multiballs.

Does not extend ball savers. It does freeze hurry up values though.

#1477 4 years ago

@chuckwurt When choosing a house do they have a callout for "Fire & Blood" upon selection? If not, please pass along to Dwight that it needs it if they can find a clip, even if its not by the Hound.

#1478 4 years ago
Quoted from atum:

@chuckwurt When choosing a house do they have a callout for "Fire & Blood" upon selection? If not, please pass along to Dwight that it needs it if they can find a clip, even if its not by the Hound.

I can’t recall, but every house has their own callout for when you select it. I do not believe they are changing those.

#1479 4 years ago

LE/PREMIUM V1.36 - July 14th, 2019
==================================
New:
- Added a lamp effect when a playfield multiplier is lit.
- Added a lamp effect when a house is lit.
- Added flasher and sound effects to the sword lock eject sequence during
BLACKWATER MULTIBALL.
- Added Adjustment for new ACTION BUTTON ACTIONs. There are two choices:
EACH HOUSE SEPARATE - Each of the 6 houses you can choose to be have
something interesting they can do:
TARGARYEN - Freeze all timers for a few seconds
STARK - Once per ball kill one mode with a DIRE WOLF. Collect a
bonus.
MARTELL - Once per ball add-a-ball in Multiball
BARATHEON - Once per ball light both outlanes for Lord of Light for
a few seconds
TYRELL - Once per ball Iron Bank (now worth more)
LANNISTER - Spend 1000+ Gold to buy the next playfield multiplier
GREYJOY - None at start, The button ability of the last house
they have completed.
IRON BANK - The old Iron Bank rule but now with higher scores.
- Defaults to EACH HOUSE SEPARATE.
- You can only have one button ability at a time. If you steal one or buy
one your previous one is displaced.
- If set to EACH HOUSE SEPARATE the button will blink with the following new
colors. The button will be off when nothing is available:
GREEN
- Start a game
WHITE
- Choose your house
- Entering your Initials
- Launch the ball
RED
- Choose your battle
- Video mode attack
YELLOW
- Choose Items to purchase
ON SOLID
- All House abilities in the color of the house
- Stark, Martell, Baratheon, and Tyrell can only be used once per ball.
- If you have two houses stacked and you have the Stark button ability,
the house that is completed will be the top house in the selection pair.
If you don't remember which was the top house in the selection list, the
house that will be completed is the house on the left in the background
with two flags.
- Added 3 Button Abilities to Mystery. You can now buy the Baratheon,
Lannister, or Martell button abilities.
- Added Baratheon house ability. If you are Baratheon, or Greyjoy and you have
completed House Baratheon. The left 3-bank will advance you toward Wall
Multiball when it is completed.
- Added Adjustment to start the game from the action button. This will default
to YES. The Action Button will start a game by default.
- Added audits for LORD OF LIGHT.
- Added Choosing Targaryen as your house.
- Spots all of the Targaryen modes completed.
- Button ability is to freeze all timers for 20 seconds.
- Added Targaryen Champion in the attract mode
- Added sound, lamp, and speech effects to ARCHERS, CHARGE, BREACH
- Added House Mode completion when you collect the Castle Award. The mode will
immediately end and you will receive bonus points.
- Added an adjustment to force all players to the same house. The choices will
be PLAYERS CHOICE (default), TARGARYEN, STARK, BARATHEON, LANNISTER, GREYJOY,
TYRELL, MARTELL, and RANDOM. PLAYERS CHOICE (default) will allow all players
to choose separately, like normal.
- Added RANDOM as a choice when selecting your house. If you select RANDOM the
game will choose which house you will be randomly.
- Added a new Castle Corner rule:
- On the upper playfield, the first time the ball goes through the
right return lane, the top left corner will light for a few seconds.
- If you shoot the corner before the light times-out the game will spot
the next level you need on the path to CASTLE MULTIBALL. IE. ARCHERS,
CHARGE, BREECH.
- This is only available once per ball.
- Added a few speech calls from the show.

Tweaked:
- The display effect for increasing the playfield multiplier
now indicates the new level (2X, 3X, etc.)
- Improved the reliability of the sword lockup device.
- Increased the values of Iron Bank. It's now very worth it if your playfield
multiplier is > 2X.
- Increased all the gold that House Lannister receives (or Greyjoy after they
stole the Lannister abilities):
- Game Start - now 750, was 500, normal 100
- New gold Target - now 125, was 30, normal 15
- Old gold Target - now 15, was 5, normal 5
- Gold Targets Complete - now 750, was 450, normal 250
- Top Lanes Complete - now 225, was 35, normal 135
- Pict-O-Pops - now 750, was 300, normal 150
- Ball Lock - now 350, was 150, normal 75
- Completing House Lannister - now 500, was 0, normal 250
- Reduced the default volume from 33 to 20
- Moved turning Advance Play on, when the game is set to casual mode, to the
right flipper button. Now hold the right flipper button to enable ADVANCE
PLAY for three seconds. The Action button will no longer do this.
- Changed the scoring for the spinner. There are now nine levels instead of
three.
- You can only increase the level of your spinner up to how many house
modes you have completed plus one.
- When the spinner value is increased the value grows based on what
level your spinner is at. Each level grows the spinner faster.
- Each ball the spinner starts a level one.
- Completing the three bank of targets bumps you to the next level.
- Each drop target hit increases the value of the spinner.
- Hitting the battering ram sometimes also increases the value of the
spinner.
- Increased the ball save times for 3 multiballs: Iron Throne, Wall, and Hand
of the King.
- The full screen BARATHEON battle display was updated to indicate when the
left drop target final shots are available.
- Enhanced the display effect for lighting houses.
- Enhanced display effects during WINTER HAS COME MULTIBALL.
- Changed the timer for selecting which house mode to play. It will start at
three seconds. Each button press will add eight seconds. The timer will max
out at 20 seconds.
- Increased how many seconds are added back to the playfield multipliers when
you hit the battering ram.
- Increased the max number of seconds the playfield multipliers last before
timing out. Hitting the Battering Ram can now give more time than it starts
with.
- Changed the add-a-ball display effect from the Martell button ability to
read MARTELL - ADD A BALL instead of IRON BANK -> ADD A BALL.
- Greatly increased the score values of Castle Multiball
- Increased the score values of Castle Award
- Improved the choreography of Castle Multiball
- Removed the frenzy nature from Castle Multiball. The scoring on each sw was
too noisy and distracted from the main goals of the multiball.
- Increased the scores for Iron Throne.
- Increased the score for Baratheon House Mode and shorted the timer.
- Added a couple seconds to the House Greyjoy Timer.
- PICT-O-POPS will no longer award INCREASE WALL JACKPOT while WALL
MULTIBALL is running.
- Removed key lamps during large playfield engulfing lamp effects. You will be
able to see if shoot again is blinking during most of the large effects now.

Fixed:
- WINTER IS COMING was being advanced on shots when it
shouldn't have.
- During the second Targaryen dragon, sometimes the hurry up value
would get miscalculated, causing scores ending in nonzero values.
- A purchased SUPER JACKPOT wasn't being awarded correctly during
BLACKWATER MULTIBALL.
- Grace periods during BLACKWATER MULTIBALL were not always
handled correctly.
- Improved CHOOSE YOUR BATTLE's reliability. Also, only display the
instructions once per player.
- Fixed misspelling of "WILDFIRE" in PICTO-POPS.
- Removed AD_START_GAME_ON_CREDIT functionality from the game because it now
exists in the system.
- During HAND OF THE KING MULTIBALL (or when playing as TYRELL), rolling thru
a lit return lane no longer displays "+1 COMBO MULTIPLIERS" if it's already
at its maximum.
- Fixed INSTALL EXTRA EASY menu option. It should now install correctly.
- MYSTERY was sometimes offering LIGHT SWORDS when it was not available to
be lit.
- MYSTERY and PICT-O-POPS were sometimes awarding LIGHT EXTRA BALL and
SPECIAL when there were none available to award.
- Completing a mode could light EXTRA BALL when there were none available
to award.
- During BATTLE FOR THE WALL MULTIBALL, sometimes the ball saver would run
for an extended period of time.
- Sometimes the time allowed for CHOOSE YOUR BATTLE was not as long as it
should be.
- Video mode collision detect fixed.
- Fixed LORD OF LIGHT handling. The save effects and INSTANT INFO were
sometimes indicating LORD OF LIGHT was in effect when it wasn't.
- Fixed Bonus Held. It will now only give an extra bonus if on the last ball
and you do not have an extra ball.

Moved to SYSTEM 2.31 -
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.49.0

- Added Service Menu selection UTIL->ENDGAME. This selection is only
available when there is an active game. When selected the operator will
be prompted to confirm that they wish to end the current game. Once
confirmed and upon exiting the Service Menu, the game will be in attract
mode.

- Added Standard Adjustment "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME". Values are:
"NEVER", "FREE PLAY ONLY", and "ALWAYS". Default value is "NEVER".
During an active game, if the LEFT FLIPPER+START BUTTONs are held for
two seconds, the game will be ended.

- Added Standard Audit "TOTAL PLAYS ENDED", which will track the number of
times a game is ended via the Service Menu or FLIPPER+START BUTTONs.

- Added Standard Adjustment "CREDIT FORMAT". Values are:
"ACTUAL FRACTION" and "REDUCED FRACTION". Default value is "REDUCED
FRACTION".
For a USA coin door when inserting three quarters:
"REDUCED FRACTION" would display "1/4", "1/2", "3/4"
"ACTUAL FRACTION" would display "1/4", "2/4", "3/4"

- Updated Italian translation of "ENTER INITIALS" to "INSERISCI LE TUE
INIZIALI"

- Added UTIL->RESET->VOL which will reset all audio settings to their
default values.
- Append (MAX) to the credit message if the number of credits equals
the CREDIT LIMIT adjustment.

- Added Standard Adjustment #57 "PRICING FORMAT". Values are:
"STANDARD", "MINIMAL", "STD W/ MONETARY SYMBOL", and "MIN W/ MONETARY
SYMBOL".

"MINIMAL" will replace consecutive identical coin/credit increments
with "..".

"MONETARY SYMBOL" will add the leading or trail monetary symbol appropriate
for the currency is use. For CUSTOM PRICING this can be TOKEN, COIN,
SWIPE, or TAP.

USA 13 (as opposed to the current active GAME PRICING) is used to
demonstrate the effects of the different options in the Service Menu as
there is a difference between STANDARD and MINIMAL formatting. (and there
may not be in the current active pricing).

STANDARD - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/1.00 2/2.00 3/3.00
4/4.00 7/5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/0.50 2/1.00 4/1.50
6/2.00

MINIMAL - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/1.00 .. 7/5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/0.50 .. 4/1.50
6/2.00

STD W/ MONETARY SYMBOL - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/$1.00 2/$2.00
3/$3.00 4/$4.00 7/$5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/$0.50 2/$1.00
4/$1.50 6/$2.00

MIN W/ MONETARY SYMBOL - USA 13 would be formatted as: 1/$1.00 .. 7/$5.00
- USA 7 would be formatted as: 1/$0.50 .. 4/$1.50
6/$2.00

- Updated Custom Pricing Editor to display using Pricing Format. Use <BACK and
NEXT> to select the pricing and EDIT to change the Pricing Format. The
Pricing Format adjustment will also be updated upon EXIT.

- Updated TechAlert switch numbering to be consistent with the game manuals.

- Updated Custom Pricing Editor - Uses button navigation to select and edit
fields. Use <BACK and NEXT> to select the "CREDIT" or "AT:" field and
EDIT to change their value. RESET has the options of setting the
custom price to the FACTORY default or CURRENT pricing as a starting
point for creating the custom price. RESET can also CLEAR the custom price
to create one from scratch. Use EXIT to save and install the custom
price. Added support to specify money format descriptions for: country
monetary symbol ("$", "EUR", etc), "TOKEN", "COIN", and "SWIPE".

- Updated Custom Coin Door Editor - RESET has the options of setting the
custom coin door to the FACTORY default or CURRENT settings as a starting
point for creating the custom coin door. RESET can also CLEAR the custom
coin door to create one from scratch. Added error message when attempting
to EXIT when the custom coin door is not valid (UNITS PER PULSE is zero or
all coin switches have zero PULSES set).

- Updated Pricing Table:
- Updated Australia 5 from "1/$2.00, 2/$5.00, 5/$10.00 AU" to "1/$2.00 AU,
2/$3.00 AU"
- Removed Australia 7 "1/$2.00, 3/$4.00, 4/$5.00 AU"
- Removed Italy 1 "1/EUR 0.50"
- Removed Italy 2 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00"
- Added New Zealand 3 "1/$2 NZ, 2/$3 NZ"
- Updated Switzerland 2 from "1/1 SwF, 3/2 SwF, 5/3 SwF, 7/4 SwF, 9/5 SwF" to
"1/2 SwF, 2/4 SwF, 3/5 SwF"
- Removed Switzerland 3 "1/2 SwF, 3/5 SwF"
- Updated UK 1 from "3/1.00 GBP, 7/2.00 GBP" to "1/2.00 GBP"
- Updated UK 2 from "4/1.00 GBP" to "1/1.00 GBP"
- Removed UK 6 "3/2.00 GBP"
- Removed Portugal "1/EUR 0.50"
- Removed Germany 1 "1/EUR 0.50"
- Removed Germany 2 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 5/EUR 2.00"
- Removed Germany 3 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 6/EUR 2.00"
- Removed Euro 4 "1/EUR 0.50, 2/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 1.50, 6/EUR 2.00"
- Removed Euro 5 "1/EUR 0.50, 3/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 1.50, 7/EUR 2.00"
- Removed Euro 6 "2/EUR 0.50"
- Renamed Euro 7 to Euro 4 "1/EUR 1.00, 2/EUR 2.00, 3/EUR 3.00, 5/EUR 4.00"
- Renamed Euro 8 to Euro 5 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00"
- Renamed Euro 9 to Euro 6 "1/EUR 1.00, 2/EUR 1.50, 3/EUR 2.00"
- Renamed Euro 10 to Euro 7 "1/EUR 1.00, 3/EUR 2.00, 7/EUR 3.00"
- Renamed Euro 11 to Euro 8 "1/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 2.00"
- Renamed Euro 12 to Euro 9 "2/EUR 1.00, 4/EUR 2.00, 6/EUR 3.00, 9/EUR 4.00"
- Removed USA 4 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 1, Right 1,
4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0"
- Removed USA 6 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 6, Right 1,
4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0"
- NOTE: USA 3 "1/$0.50" "25 units per pulse, Left 1, Center 4, Right 1,
4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0" remains unchanged

- Updated Austria default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated Belgium default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated Finland default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated France default pricing to Euro 7
- Updated Germany default pricing to Euro 2 and Euro Coin Door
- Updated Greece default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated Italy default pricing to Euro 5 and Euro Coin Door
- Updated Netherlands default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated Portugal default pricing to Euro 1 and Euro Coin Door
- Updated Spain default pricing to Euro 5
- Updated Switzerland default pricing to Switzerland 1

- Added UTIL->SAVE and UTIL->LOAD which save and restore all game settings
to/from a USB thumbdrive.
When restoring the settings to the SAME MACHINE, you can choose to restore:
"RESTORE ALL SETTINGS"
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY HIGH SCORES"
"RESTORE ONLY AUDITS"

When using the saved settings with another machine of the SAME TITLE and
MODEL (for example settings file created on a DeadPool Pro and restoring
to a different DeadPool Pro)
you can choose to restore:
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS"

When using the saved settings with another machine of a DIFFERENT TITLE or
MODEL (for example settings file created on a DeadPool Pro and restoring
to a Munsters Pro)
you can only choose to restore:

"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS" will restore the Standard Adjustments listed below
and all Feature Adjustments.

"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS" will restore the following Standard
Adjustments:
Custom Message
Custom Pricing
Custom Coin Door
"REPLAY TYPE"
"REPLAY PERCENTAGE"
"REPLAY AWARD"
"REPLAY LEVELS"
"REPLAY BOOST"
"SPECIAL LIMIT"
"SPECIAL AWARD"
"SPECIAL PERCENTAGE"
"FREE GAME LIMIT"
"EXTRA BALL LIMIT"
"EXTRA BALL PERCENTAGE"
"GAME PRICING"
"MATCH AWARD"
"MATCH PERCENTAGE"
"BALLS PER GAME"
"TILT WARNINGS"
"TILT DEBOUNCE"
"CREDIT LIMIT"
"FREE PLAY"
"KNOCKER VOLUME"
"START GAME ON CREDIT"
"GAME RESTART"
"TIMED PLUNGER"
"FLIPPER BALL LAUNCH"
"COINDOOR BALL SAVER"
"COMPETITION MODE"
"CONSOLATION BALL"
"PLAYER COMPETITION"
"TEAM SCORES"
"ALLOW HIGH SCORES"
"HIGH SCORE AWARD"
"GRAND CHAMPION AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #1 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #2 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #3 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #4 AWARDS"
"HSTD INITIALS"
"HSTD RESET COUNT"
"COIN INPUT DELAY"
"LOST BALL RECOVERY"
"COIN DOOR DISABLE TILT"
"TIME FORMAT"
"PRICING FORMAT"
"FAST BOOT"
"LANGUAGE"
"PLAYER LANGUAGE SELECT"
"PLAY ATTRACT TUTORIAL VIDEOS"
"ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
"GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
"SERVICE MENU B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"

Games will now persist ALL SETTINGS after a software update. This
functionality will be available in the game release AFTER the release which
uses system 2.24.

- Correct the delay between multiple Q24 knocker requests. Previously the
knocks would happen too rapidly and sound like a single loud knock. Now
there will be a 3/4 second delay between knocks. If the sound effect
knocker is also enabled, it will be synchronized with the Q24 knocker.
- Updated COIN DOOR EDITOR to display the selected settings and whether they
are the FACTORY default or CUSTOM configuration.

- Added Custom Coin Door Editor.
You can specify the UNITS PER PULSE for the base coin and the number of
PULSES generated by each coin switch (left, center, right, 4th, 5th,
6th). The UNITS have a range of 1 to 10000 and PULSES have a range of 0
to 100. For example the USA coin door has a UNIT of 25 and the left and
right slots generate 1 PULSE and the center slot (the DBV) generates four
PULSES. The coin mechanisms accept quarters and the DBV dollars.
Therefore, the UNIT is 25 (for 25 cents) and the left and right generate
1 PULSE for a single quarter and the center slot generates 4 PULSES for a
dollar bill being four quarters.
If Standard Adjustment "Game Pricing" is changed to a selection with
different UNITS PER PULSE than the active CUSTOM coin door, the custom
coin door will be reset to the factory default for that Game Pricing
selection.

- Added system adjustment for Spike 2 games when a headphone kit is installed:
"MUTE KNOCKER IF HP DETECTED" - will not play replay knocker sound when
headphones are in use. Default value is NO (not muted).
"DISABLE Q24 KNOCK IF HP DETECTED" - will not fire Q24 knocker coil when
headphones are in use. Default value is NO (not disabled).
- DIAG->NODE->BRD->Overcurrent Test now displays Drive/Coil and Light/LED
description instead of device address.

- Added LIFETIME count to Standard Audit #16 "Total Plays".
- Added JAPAN_3 Coinage 1/YEN 200.
- Added attract mode tutorial videos for inserting coins, pressing
start button, using ball plunger, and flipper buttons.
- Added UTIL->VOL adjustments for minimum and maximum master volume level and
minimum and maximum headphones volume level.
This will limit the selectable volume range from the service menu Plus and
Minus keys and the headphones rotary dial.
- Added support for 6th coin switch.

- Added UTIL->VOL adjustments speaker balance, backbox speaker type, and
cabinet speaker type for Spike 1 games.
- When entering UTIL->VOL, the first sub-menu adjustment is selected, previous
behavior would select the last displayed sub-menu adjustment.
- Added Standard Adjustment "START GAME ON CREDIT". Settings are:
- "OFF" - Do not automatically start a game or add a player when inserted
money registers a credit.
- "FIRST ONLY" - Automatically start a game when inserted money registers a
credit
- "ALL CREDITS" - Automatically start a game or add a player when inserted
money registers a credit
- Adding multiple credits simultaneously, via a bill acceptor, will only
start a one player game or add a single player.
- Default setting is "OFF"
- Removed unused obsolete Standard Adjustments: "FLASH LAMP POWER", "COIL
PULSE POWER", "BILL VALIDATOR", "TEAM SCORES", and "CONSOLATION BALL".
- Removed Standard Adjustments: "COIN DOOR BALL SAVE", "COIN DOOR DISABLE
TILT", "COIN DOOR OPEN NODE BUS POWER" from games which do not have a coin
door interlock switch.

- Added USA_13 Coinage 1/$1.00, 7/$5.00

- Added adjustment to scale GI, Insert, and Flasher LED brightness, range is
25% to 100%.
- Added adjustment to limit GI, Insert, and Flasher LED Max brightness, range
is 64 to 255.

- Added bass frequency filter selection options: 125Hz, 250Hz, and disabled.
- Added treble frequency filter selection options: 4kHz, 8kHz, and disabled.

- Added adjustments for backbox and cabinet speaker types to the service menu
UTIL->VOL. Supported speaker types are "8 OHM" and "4 OHM".
The amplifier power curve is appropriately adjusted for the selected speaker
type.

- Extend TIMED PLUNGER adjustment range to DISABLED or 1 - 300 seconds
- Correct minimum firing time for flipper coil when an EOS switch is
inconsistent or poorly gapped

- Improved LED refresh rate and blink consistency.
- Improved reporting of shorted General Illumination bulbs and sockets.

- Added AD_TILT_DEBOUNCE adjustment. Number of ms to debounce tilt bob.
Minimum value of 750ms, maximum value of 1500ms, and default value of 1000ms

- Added adjustments for backbox speaker bass/treble, cabinet speaker
bass/treble, and cabinet/backbox speaker balance to service menu
UTIL->VOL. Speaker balance allows lowering the volume level of
cabinet speaker or backbox speakers vs. the other.

- Added USA_12 Coinage 1/$0.25, 5/$1.00

- Added audit for total number of one, two, three, and four players games
that have been played.
- Added Node Bus Communication test to diag menu
- Added adjustment for "GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
- Renamed "BACKBOX BRIGHTNESS" to "ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"

- Updated Norway coin door to 1/5/10/20 Kr for left/center/right/4th slot.
- Updated Sweden coin door to 1/5/10/2 Kr for left/center/right/4th slot.
- Added Sweden 3 credit pricing 1 credit for 10 Kr by default

- At boot a LOCATING NODE BOARDS message will display if a required node
board is not discovered, previously it would incorrectly state UPDATING
NODE BOARD and UPDATE FAILED. The node board number(s) of missing boards
will be displayed and updated as boards are found.

- Added China currency and pricing support
- Added support for eWallet pseudo ticket dispenser device.

#1480 4 years ago

Can't wait to install the new code in my GOT tonight.

#1481 4 years ago

So bad ass! I know what I'm doing tonight

#1482 4 years ago
220AC03F-33FA-405C-A007-DDE390312104.gif220AC03F-33FA-405C-A007-DDE390312104.gif
#1483 4 years ago

That's all?

#1484 4 years ago

Good Lord! I just spent about 2 hours playing the new code! Holy Crap! The light shows are incredible! There are TONS more call outs, not just 2 or 3. The new rules are sweet and I have a long way to go to experience all of them. A few things I noticed:

1.Playing as Stark, I finished the first two levels of Targaryen, then while playing the 3rd I used the Stark button. It finished Targaryen and Dire Wolf awarded 20M, not just 5m.

2.While playing as Baratheon, I was getting multiple Lord of Lights without using the button. And the settings are set on "Once per game". It could have been a bunch of pop awards but I've never seen that many LOL's in a single game.

3. I'm not a fan of the backbox lighting effect cutting in and out. At first I thought something was wrong with my game, but then I realized it always did it at certain times. It will take some getting used to.

4. I noticed with Baratheon the spinner builds the value MUCH faster, but it caps at 275M. Also, the timer is shorter. But I literally had it maxed at 275M with about 3 or 4 spinner shots.

5. Don't worry about Stark making it too easy to get to Iron Throne. It does make it easier to get to HOTK, but at a sacrifice of some major points. I Starked my way to HOTK and choked by getting only 105M from HOTK.

6. Castle MB and the effects and call outs getting there are incredible!

7. Dwight, YOU ARE THE MAN!

#1485 4 years ago

Three things I have noticed after playing my GOT tonight and I think could you some tweaking are
1 Maybe nerf winter is coming multi ball it's too valuable at the moment I was getting two or one billion just from playing it.
2 Maybe nerf castle multi ball a bit it seems just a bit too valuable I just started grinding it out sending the ball back up top to get castle's.
3 if you want to play this game safe it seems you can finish most of the houses on the upper PF I preferred it when you had to do it the hard way playing the whole house out.
Other then those three things this I a great update I love all the additions and Dwight has done a great job.

#1486 4 years ago

My take away from my 6 games last night:
1. This game is so amazing now with all of the extra effects and things going on with the playfield, callouts, etc.
2. The game is WAY TOO HIGH SCORING! My high score over about 500 games on my LE was 2.5B. On game three with new code I scored 10.8B! About 8B of that was from Iron Throne. I had made it to Iron Throne one time and scored 230M, but this time got down to one shot left to finish off the entire thing.
3. The Upper Playfield castle completing modes needs removed and reverted back to the old way with just making the house easier, or higher to build values. The way that this is today, you just go and try to blast through modes and score 500M to 1B and get to Iron Throne as quick as possible. Really makes games drag, with an average game for me being about 15 minutes (longest was 35), which makes my wife bored with how long she has to wait.
4. chuckwurt There are quite a few bugs that made it into this version. What route to you recommend for getting this feedback to Dwight and Stern?

Here is my strategy from my big game last night, which I used again today and got 5.7B (double my 1.34 code high):
House: Stark
Ball 1: Qualify either Targaryen or Greyjoy (preferably both) and then start the modes. Play through Targaryen 1, and then use the Dire Wolf on Greyjoy if needed to wrap it up. Preferred route is to get to upper playfield and just castle kill both modes. Then move on to as many modes as possible. The first four should be Targaryen, Greyjoy, Lannister and Tyrell (for max HotK value). Two cycles of HotK with SuperJackpots is 1B+. Then keep going after Targaryen, and then move onto something else if you are onto the final dragon. Always make Tararyen top (so that if you drain you can kill it off).
Ball 2: Finish up the rest of the houses, which should be relatively easy and then kill off the other modes (it looks like you cannot use dire wolf to finish the final house before Iron Throne - or this is a bug). Collect your extra ball along the way. Make sure to save Targaryen for second to last and use Stark to imediately beat Drogon, and then finish the last mode like normal.

From there just blast through Iron Throne as much as possible and try to start over again.

#1487 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Three things I have noticed after playing my GOT tonight and I think could you some tweaking are
3 if you want to play this game safe it seems you can finish most of the houses on the upper PF I preferred it when you had to do it the hard way playing the whole house out.

Totally agree. This was the one thing I was not happy about when I heard it on the stream, and proved to be true. You can get through modes super easy, and it becomes a game of "how big are your wizard modes" not "how good are you at the game".

#1488 4 years ago
Quoted from atum:

4. chuckwurt There are quite a few bugs that made it into this version. What route to you recommend for getting this feedback to Dwight and Stern?

Quickest way would be to pm me and I can let Dwight know. But @apollyon tested the premium a bunch so I’d pm him to let Dwight know.

#1489 4 years ago

Can anyone hear the entire quote that says"....... piss myself....."? It sounds like Robert Baratheon. Was it from the boar hunt, maybe? Lots of great new quotes. My favorite so far, coming out of HOTK and Tyrion says " I was very happy as Hand of the King".

#1490 4 years ago
Quoted from atum:

My take away from my 6 games last night:

You PM'ed me this morning about your thoughts, and I PM'ed you back an hour later that I had emailed them to Dwight.

Not sure what else you wanted...

#1491 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Can anyone hear the entire quote that says"....... piss myself....."? It sounds like Robert Baratheon. Was it from the boar hunt, maybe? Lots of great new quotes. My favorite so far, coming out of HOTK and Tyrion says " I was very happy as Hand of the King".

Yaa! That was my idea! I thought it was a perfect quote and funny as hell.

#1492 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Can anyone hear the entire quote that says"....... piss myself....."? It sounds like Robert Baratheon. Was it from the boar hunt, maybe?

It is in the right spot. Right before the joust.

#1493 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

You PM'ed me this morning about your thoughts, and I PM'ed you back an hour later that I had emailed them to Dwight.
Not sure what else you wanted...

I posted this first and Chuckwurt responded giving me your info. That's how I knew your name and thus passed it along, as he suggested.

#1494 4 years ago
Quoted from atum:

I posted this first and Chuckwurt responded giving me your info. That's how I knew your name and thus passed it along, as he suggested.

I see that now from when you posted in this thread. All good now!

#1495 4 years ago

The new code is definitely higher scoring.

27164C79-0709-41D9-9A62-D64684B58DB8 (resized).jpeg27164C79-0709-41D9-9A62-D64684B58DB8 (resized).jpeg
#1496 4 years ago

Has anyone had issues on their Prem/LE of your ball getting stuck under the Castle? Without taking the castle out, I cant tell of there is some diverter confusion during game play. It happens when the ball goes down the right diverter for the arrows. 4 times so far on mine. All coils are firing during test.

#1497 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Has anyone had issues on their Prem/LE of your ball getting stuck under the Castle? Without taking the castle out, I cant tell of there is some diverter confusion during game play. It happens when the ball goes down the right diverter for the arrows. 4 times so far on mine. All coils are firing during test.

No problems here.

#1498 4 years ago

This code is incredible. I know there has been a lot of grumbling about Lannister being too strong now. So far for me, it hasn't been. Playing as Greyjoy now is quite the thinking man's game. It's hard enough right now to remember all the new button abilities, but when they're changing throughout the game it becomes very strategic as to when you take which house, etc. And then you think you've got this awesome thing lined up and you hit the button expecting one thing and you get another, because you forgot that you defeated another house!

Side benefit to Targaryen is being able to take the perfect storm into HOTK. Targ, Greyjoy, Tyrell, Lannister. I'd only been able to pull this off a few times on the old code. Tonight I did it two games in a row. HOTK scores were 3.4 billion and 7.099 Billion!

20190719_224354 (resized).jpg20190719_224354 (resized).jpg
#1499 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

There’s not much under there to get hung up on. My guess would be a wire from the underside of the upper playfield is hanging down and getting in the way. I’d take it off and make sure everything is zip tied tight.

#1500 4 years ago

Haven’t downloaded the new code yet, but I have 2 questions.

1 - did Dwight put in there a way to adjust the power for the ball eject into the shooter lane.

2 - is there a setting to put getting a castle back to the old way of just awarding points and not completing a mode?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 2,233 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club/page/30?hl=atum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.