376E4A8C-2DCC-47F4-8504-BF1686BC39AC (resized).jpeg
IMG_2001 (resized).png
gt2 (resized).JPG
gt1 (resized).JPG
GT (resized).JPG
IMG_0556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,241 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 45.
#101 8 years ago

Erik, can you take a quick photo?

#102 8 years ago

No problemo. The star posts are yellow but I can't figure out how to get them to show up accurately on this phone

20160220_200854_(resized).jpg20160220_200854_(resized).jpg

20160220_200907_(resized).jpg20160220_200907_(resized).jpg

#104 8 years ago

Have to say, I love the passion Dwight is showing in this machine. I can't wait to see where the code is for this machine in another year.

Does anyone else notice the LE playfield in the video matches the LE play field in the 3D renderings. Looks like they did make some changes on the LE between the announcement and shipping.

#105 8 years ago

Dwight's awesome. I'm super excited about Cinnabon if it's true that he and Steve Ritchie are reuniting.

#106 8 years ago

Here are some pictures of my premium with some mods.

Topper is pricey but it looks good on the premium as its castle walls match the playfield ones:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#107 8 years ago

Side art blades - I haven't installed them yet as I want to get Stern's orbit fix done first so I'm not pulling the playfield up and down and scratching the side art. So they're just shown for pics with clamps holding them down. They look really good. Add to the cold feel of the premium. Blend in perfect with the art on the back panel. And neat reflections off Ghost and the White Walker.

#108 8 years ago

Also added Lannister banners to the castle and a Stark one for the post.

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Also added Lannister banners to the castle and a Stark one for the post.

Metal washers still Eh?

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Metal washers still Eh?

I love those washers. Can't part with them.

#111 8 years ago

I take out the metal washers and put in the clear plastic ones.

#112 8 years ago

Those flags look great Apollyon, where did you get them? Did you make them?

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Those flags look great Apollyon, where did you get them? Did you make them?

Modfather sells them here:

http://modfatherpinball.com/collections/got/products/game-of-thrones-lannister-flag

But if you want to save money, they are just the flags that come with the McFarlane GOT kits. They are basically lego sets. The flag is one piece, made of plastic, but it looks great - authentic to the show. I just bought the kits and installed them with "L" shaped metal brackets and some double sided tape. Takes about 30 seconds to install.

http://www.amazon.ca/Game-Thrones-Consturction-Lannister-Banner/dp/B0158FADV2/ref=sr_1_4

If you pick up any of the flags, let me know and I can give you some of the brackets. I have a bunch left over.

#114 8 years ago

Thanks! I actually meant to pick up a few other things from him, so that works out awesome.

#115 8 years ago

Couple of things.

- For premium owners. Somebody please put some Ice Blue in the GI. I bet that would be sweet on this theme!

- New to SPIKE people. I just made a thread about the interlock. Seems as though that feature is gone. Major bummer on that.

- I'm surprised I didn't see talk about this. They went to the pro style lock/latch system on the prem and LE's apparently. I personally prefer that but was pretty surprised to see that when I opened my LE.

#116 8 years ago

For the skilled players, a question:

How do you typically manage shots trapped on the flippers, under control (I'm able to trap and pass pretty reliably)?

My issue - Lately I've been hitting nothing but bricks off the stand-up targets. I've been playing with glass off a few times to try and improve these shots, but not sure the most reliable approach.

Do you suggest:

1. Simple timing - release then hit on some 1-2 type count?
2. Position of the ball on the flipper - release then hit when ball is @ midpoint, or near the tip, etc.?
3. Muscle memory - See the ball, hit the ball!
4. Take up tiddly-winks, this game is not for you!

I had been doing pretty well, but seems like I am getting worse:

1. Left orbit from left flipper - I can hit this about 80%+ using a quick 1-2 count
2. Right orbit and right ramp from left flipper - I've had some success hitting the ball just as it crosses the dragon's head on the playfield near the drain, but this is not very reliable.
3. Left orbit from right flipper - not very reliable at all
4. Left ramp (kicker) from right flipper - no consistency here yet
5. Center ramp from right flipper - I had been hitting this like 90%, but something has changed - flipper strength or my cadence. I am now ONLY hitting the right-side stand-up target - makes me crazy

Anyone care to share their approach? Any tips to help me improve my meager skills?

Then comes moving ball shots - a whole OTHER issue!

#117 8 years ago

I'm not a great player by any means, but I'll chime in.

I mostly go off muscle memory. But for the harder shots I memorize where on the flipper the ball needs to be to complete the shot.

Do you play golf? One of the hardest things about golf is keeping your head down. Even when you think you're doing it, you're not.

Same goes for pinball. Memorize the spot on the flipper that the ball needs to be on to make he shot and don't look up until after you flip. If you look up while or just before you flip, that changes the timing just enough to miss a lot of times.

Also I think you can just get the yips (another golf term) in pinball too. It basically means you start bricking shots for no real reason, and you have to just work through it and get your confidence back.

#118 8 years ago

It helps me to watch better players also. Watch Keith's video if you haven't already.

Much like golf, you are also going to want to find the correct blood alcohol content. It's a delicate balance.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Watch Keith's video if you haven't already.
Much like golf, you are also going to want to find the correct blood alcohol content. It's a delicate balance.

I watched that video. Was very helpful, especially noting when a ball is in freefall heading toward a flipper, he doesn't always flip it. Often he'll simply let the ball bounce over to the opposite flipper. That is not my normal reflex/instinct, but it's a nice way to control the ball. I'm trying to add that approach to the mix.

As for blood alcohol content, I think I play better, or maybe I care less.

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

As for blood alcohol content, I think I play better, or maybe I care less.

I'm sure I play better, but my scores never reflect that.

#121 8 years ago

Does someone has a prem / le playfield comparison picture?

Which pf do you prefer?

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Which pf do you prefer?

I don't have a preference on which play field, IMO, the LE play field works perfectly with the LE art and the premium playfield works perfectly with the premium art.

Anyone have pictures of the upgraded side armor on their premium?

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I don't have a preference on which play field, IMO, the LE play field works perfectly with the LE art and the premium playfield works perfectly with the premium art.
Anyone have pictures of the upgraded side armor on their premium?

Toasterdog posted some pics of his side armor in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-premium-update/page/9#post-2991445

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

For the skilled players, a question:
How do you typically manage shots trapped on the flippers, under control (I'm able to trap and pass pretty reliably)?
My issue - Lately I've been hitting nothing but bricks off the stand-up targets. I've been playing with glass off a few times to try and improve these shots, but not sure the most reliable approach.
Do you suggest:
1. Simple timing - release then hit on some 1-2 type count?
2. Position of the ball on the flipper - release then hit when ball is @ midpoint, or near the tip, etc.?
3. Muscle memory - See the ball, hit the ball!
4. Take up tiddly-winks, this game is not for you!
I had been doing pretty well, but seems like I am getting worse:
1. Left orbit from left flipper - I can hit this about 80%+ using a quick 1-2 count
2. Right orbit and right ramp from left flipper - I've had some success hitting the ball just as it crosses the dragon's head on the playfield near the drain, but this is not very reliable.
3. Left orbit from right flipper - not very reliable at all
4. Left ramp (kicker) from right flipper - no consistency here yet
5. Center ramp from right flipper - I had been hitting this like 90%, but something has changed - flipper strength or my cadence. I am now ONLY hitting the right-side stand-up target - makes me crazy
Anyone care to share their approach? Any tips to help me improve my meager skills?
Then comes moving ball shots - a whole OTHER issue!

If you are missing same shot in same spot over and over literally look/aim more right or left. Almost like a when a sight on a gun is off, over compensate.

If that does not work hit a few other shots and come back to it.

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Which pf do you prefer?

Either here or on Stern's website you can see both playfields (not sure how hi-res they are) but that gives you an idea. My opinion: I think the LE has a higher quality art package, however, I prefer the blue theme of Premium. I'd be happy with either.

#126 8 years ago

I think the premium needs different colored sling and outlane/inlane plastics. Someone will make something awesome I'm sure. Otherwise the pfs are equal for me

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I think the premium needs different colored sling and outlane/inlane plastics. Someone will make something awesome I'm sure. Otherwise the pfs are equal for me

I have blue sling rubbers and plastic protectors, also pinball life has shipped my blue inlanes, start button, coindoor inserts and light up flipper buttons. I'm going blue. I might change the plastic protectors to clear though.

#128 8 years ago

Added Lolipop Side Armor and Premium Art Blades today. Very happy with the result:

2-25-2016_3-01-09_PM_(resized).png2-25-2016_3-01-09_PM_(resized).png

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Added Lolipop Side Armor and Premium Art Blades today. Very happy with the result

Looks good, Mark. Just got my art blades today -- a little different than I was expecting (thinner, thought it would be rigid). Did you remove the playfield to install, or just lift it up?

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Looks good, Mark. Just got my art blades today -- a little different than I was expecting (thinner, thought it would be rigid). Did you remove the playfield to install, or just lift it up?

I was by myself, but did manage to get the playfield out - I think pretty much necessary, especially around the upper playfield with no space for fingers.

I did it as a bit of a cheat - I never lifted the full weight. I first pulled the playfield out, up to the normal rubber feet on the supports and rested it on the lockdown bar. Then I dragged over my workbench stool, which is on wheels, and pulled the playfield out a bit further and tilted & rested the support bars on the seat of the stool. I then lifted the back end of the playfield and pushed forward against the stool until the back-most coil frame rested on the lockdown bar. The playfield was now suspended between the lockbar and the stool - fully out of the way.

Attaching the blade was pretty simple. I was able to get a 2nd try on one of them with no issue due a very minor misalignment. I did not press the blade down tight until I was happy with the result.

#132 8 years ago

I used the Windex trick (coat the sticky side before applying), and I installed mine without taking the playfield out. The Windex allows you to slide it around. The right side I did without moving anything. The left, I had to raise the playfield because the castle got in the way.

#133 8 years ago

I'm thinking of replacing a few of the GI bulbs to frosted LEDs. Occasionally, some the clear bulbs will be visible as I am playing. I find them just a bit harsh.

I have a handful of Comet NG frosted warm white - but these may be too warm for the Premium winter theme. I'll try it out and see. Else, Art may have a fresh order coming.

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from netshark:

I used the Windex trick (coat the sticky side before applying), and I installed mine without taking the playfield out. The Windex allows you to slide it around. The right side I did without moving anything. The left, I had to raise the playfield because the castle got in the way.

This windex trick worked great. Lightly coated the sticky side and was easy to move a little to get into position. Then used a plastic putty knife to smooth it out.

I did take the playfield out, but need to wait until my wife gets home to get it back in.

#135 8 years ago

I added some blue to my cabinet on my premium. Blue inlane plastics from pinball life. These are much better then the red ones installed at the factory.

And then on the cabinet I've added blue lit flipper buttons, blue coin door inserts and a blue start button.

Next will be a blue tournament button

#136 8 years ago

Sexy time !

#137 8 years ago

Just need Comet DMD glare guard to get rid of that glare.

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I added some blue to my cabinet on my premium. ...
Next will be a blue tournament button

Looks great! Out of curiosity, how do you hook up the tournament button? I was thinking of ordering one... Thx!

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Looks great! Out of curiosity, how do you hook up the tournament button? I was thinking of ordering one... Thx!

I dunno. International games get them from factory. I doubt it's that hard though. I'll try to follow the wires next time I have the glass off.

#141 8 years ago

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

The tournament button has a grey-white wire that looks to plug into the cabinet node board beside the start button, I think the ground wire is shared with the start button. Should be a fairly easy install.

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The tournament button has a grey-white wire that looks to plug into the cabinet node board beside the start button, I think the ground wire is shared with the start button. Should be a fairly easy install.

Thanks!

#144 8 years ago

I made a ~$3 Pwr Switch mod tonite, after a quick trip to Radio Shack (25A Automotive SPST Rocker Switch - a nice tight fit in the 1" diameter Tournament knockout). My wife has not seen yet, but she and her short arms will thank me!

3-1-2016_7-56-40_PM_(resized).png3-1-2016_7-56-40_PM_(resized).png

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/relocating-the-pwr-switch-on-spike-system-like-got

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I had an odd issue tonite. After several hours of play, then a short break, my Premium was exhibiting very strange behaviour - the sound of a clashing sword was consistently playing no matter what was happening in the game. This was not familiar and terribly annoying.
I removed the glass and started a game to see if I could diagnose the issue. I quickly noticed the slightest tap with my hand on the upper or main playfield, even the cabinet, would register 30pts and play that clashing sword sound, every single tap.
I went into switch diagnostics and tapped the playfield. Switch 86 was inadvertently firing (right sling, upper playfield). A manual tap on the sling produced a 30pt score and that now annoying sound. I regapped the switch slightly with my finger as I could not get my leaf switch tool into the tight space. The switch now registers normal ball hits, but not inadvertent shocks to the playfield.
Easy enough.

Mine did this as well, it eventually just worked itself out I guess. Thanks for the tip in case it returns.

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I made a ~$3 Pwr Switch mod tonite, after a quick trip to Radio Shack (25A Automotive SPST Rocker Switch - a nice tight fit in the 1" diameter Tournament knockout). My wife has not seen yet, but she and her short arms will thank me!
3-1-2016_7-56-40_PM_(resized).png
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/relocating-the-pwr-switch-on-spike-system-like-got

I must admit, this simple mod is the single BEST thing I've done to my GoT so far. It is quite enjoyable to simply step up to the machine, flip the switch without reaching and play a few quick games. Then flick it off and walk away.

So, was more like $12 after all:

xx 1. SPST Rocker Switch - Radio Shack: 275-0730 - $3.49 xx - replaced, see below
2. 1/4" Quick Disconnects - Radio Shack: 6403049 - $2.49 (8 pack)
3. 14AWG Stranded Wire - Lowes: 55667121 - ~$5.84 (20 ft)

https://www.radioshack.com/products/spst-25a-auto-rocker-switch?variant=5717530949
https://www.radioshack.com/products/crimp-on-quick-disconnects-2?variant=5717876165

3-3-2016_10-27-29_AM_(resized).png3-3-2016_10-27-29_AM_(resized).png

Edit: Replaced the switch with a properly rated 125V 16A DPDT - drop-in replacement!

DigiKey: EG4770-ND
http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&itemSeq=191466062&uq=635927878234035027

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have these on all my games
amazon.com link »

Too easy. If you can't take out your wire strippers, crimp tool and zip ties, what fun is that? I was a bit disappointed no soldering iron or heatshrink tubing was needed on this one.

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Too easy. If you can't take out your wire strippers, crimp tool and zip ties, what fun is that?

haha. Good point. I have enjoyed seeing the few different ways people have used the tourney button area though. Tons of creative people on here.

#150 8 years ago

I don't have any other pins with drop target banks like the Lord of Light 3 target bank on GoT... I'm guessing this is normal but when the solenoid fires to reset the bank, if the ball is anywhere remotely close the force of the solenoid is strong enough to really affect the ball or have it take a small bounce. Since I don't have anything for comparison, just thought I'd see if anyone else's does this and might need adjusting ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,241 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.