376E4A8C-2DCC-47F4-8504-BF1686BC39AC (resized).jpeg
IMG_2001 (resized).png
gt2 (resized).JPG
gt1 (resized).JPG
GT (resized).JPG
IMG_0556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,241 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 45.
#1401 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Since the games are so different, there’s a lot of stuff that pro owners don’t need in this thread. There is a TON about how to get these premiums and LEs dialed in that it helps keep that separate.
GOT kicks ass is the general GOT thread. This one is prem/le specific.

Would you ever consider owning a Premium/LE over a Pro? You sure have put a lot of time and analysis on the Pro.

#1402 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Would you ever consider owning a Premium/LE over a Pro? You sure have put a lot of time and analysis on the Pro.

For sure. If I could find a nice premium for under 6k and also sell my pro real fast, I’d be all over it.

2 weeks later
#1403 4 years ago

Frequently when shooting the ball around the left loop it will get stuck somewhere under the upper playfield and cannot be dislodged by any amount of shaking. I have to wait for another ball to launch and knock it down. Does anyone know where this is getting stuck? I’d like to fix it, as it really screws up any game in progress when this happens. Thanks!

#1404 4 years ago

Nothing that I can really think of that should be getting in the way. Must be something that dislodged. Take the mini PF out and give it a check and a clean while you are at it. It's pretty easy to do. Just 4 screws to remove the dragon, 2 for the ramp to the throne and 4 screws for the PF itself. Just be sure to disconnect all the harnesses before you unscrew everything.

#1405 4 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I’ve actually had the upper playfield off and a lot of other stuff as I installed a playfield protector before playing the game the first time. I’ll go ahead and remove it and check. I was just wondering if there was a known issue with this.
Thanks!

#1406 4 years ago

My right flipper on upper playfield stopped working last week. Yes it needed a good cleaning and waxing. Wasn't bad to remove and reinstall.

20190625_211606 (resized).jpg20190625_211606 (resized).jpg20190625_212249 (resized).jpg20190625_212249 (resized).jpg
#1407 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Frequently when shooting the ball around the left loop it will get stuck somewhere under the upper playfield and cannot be dislodged by any amount of shaking. I have to wait for another ball to launch and knock it down. Does anyone know where this is getting stuck? I’d like to fix it, as it really screws up any game in progress when this happens. Thanks!

I cover most of your issues in my thread. Inland sleeve rubbers will fix your stuck problem

#1408 4 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I cover most of your issues in my thread. Inland sleeve rubbers will fix your stuck problem

Thanks for that great write-up. I actually did the heat-shrink inlane sleeves when I installed the playfield protector, before playing the pin.
So last night the ball got stuck again in the same place so I removed the upper playfield without first moving the playfield to a "service position". Moving the playfield to the service position always made the ball come out, and I wanted to see where it was stuck.
As soon as I raised the u.p. the ball rolled out which made me think that it was something on the u.p. that was catching the ball.
Sure enough - when I examined the wire bundles underneath, there was one wire that was abraded and almost bare at one point. So I surmised that this was catching the ball and sandwiching it between the wires and the playfield. I wire-tied the bundle snugly to the bottom of the u.p. and gave the whole game a good cleaning and wax job while I had an opportunity to access the whole thing. I was surprised at how much dirt and fine metal particles were hidden up there below the u.p!
I also used some canned air to clean off the optos for the castle kickback shot. Frequently the shots up there are not recognized.
Unfortunately it was too late to play test (I promised my wife and kid that the gaming stops at 9:00 PM to maintain relations ).
So I'll play test tonight. For a few hours. What an awesome game!

#1409 4 years ago

Coming soon @chuckwurt out with his Pro and in with a Premium.

#1410 4 years ago

Yep. Can’t wait. Got real lucky on a trade partner. Had to jump on it. Kind of scared haha. Loved my pro so much. As I said in the other thread, I might need help dialing in the orbit, but my plan of attack is the drill method. Please let me know if that’s a bad idea. I won’t be tackling that until I’ve had it for a while though.

#1411 4 years ago

Nice. Got my Prem 4 months ago, my poor Deadpool lost some love since. The upper play field makes it a little more interesting with the extra choices at the risk of losing multipliers, etc. Looking forward to better videos to help strategize.

#1412 4 years ago

I’ll do update videos for the prem as soon as I can. It’s gonna take me a bit to get used it how they work. But it will be coming for sure.

#1413 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

my plan of attack is the drill method. Please let me know if that’s a bad idea.

Dirt simple using a stepper drill bit. Literally a 5-10 minute job once you remove the assy. I am able to hit successive orbits (Left, Left, Left) - maybe not quite as smooth or as fast as the Pro orbits, but very satisfying.

Oh, and welcome to the dark side.

#1414 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Dirt simple using a stepper drill bit. Literally a 5-10 minute job once you remove the assy. I am able to hit successive orbits (Left, Left, Left) - maybe not quite as smooth or as fast as the Pro orbits, but very satisfying.
Oh, and welcome to the dark side.

Sweet thanks! Got a link to the step bit you used? And I understand that we are drilling out the holes of the diverter bracket to allow us to move it back to open up that lane more?

#1415 4 years ago

Chuck,

A few notes:

1. Enlarged the diverter arm assy mtg holes +1 step (now a shade larger than a 3/16" drill bit, but not quite 13/64"). Slid the assy ever so slightly *toward the front* of the machine. The collar on the assy will hit the playfield edge, limiting the range of adjustment. The bracket material is soft as butter.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-1-1-8-in-1-2-in-x-1-32-in-Black-Oxide-Step-Drill-Bit-48-89-9201/204312636

2. Removed the upper in-lane bumper rubbers and replaced with trimmed & heatshrunk coil sleeves. Easy, reduces ball interference.

3. Over time, I noticed a small burr was forming along the leading edge of the diverter arm. Smoothed with a dremel tool. Ball bounces due to the burr are now eliminated.

#1416 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ll do update videos for the prem as soon as I can. It’s gonna take me a bit to get used it how they work. But it will be coming for sure.

Just picked up an LE myself after owning the Pro for a long time. I love it. New code might be coming so I’d wait a bit to do the vids

#1418 4 years ago

My GOT LE is getting all of my game play these days. It's so hard yet so rewarding when you control the ball well. I've been ignoring my BM66, Dialed In LE and Walking Dead Premium almost completely because I can't get enough of this pin.
I sure hope that there is a polish-up code drop soon. There are a few small issues with the current code that need addressing. Was there an announcement that code was coming?

#1419 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Was there an announcement that code was coming?

Not that I know of.

#1420 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Can’t wait. Got real lucky on a trade partner. Had to jump on it. Kind of scared haha. Loved my pro so much. As I said in the other thread, I might need help dialing in the orbit, but my plan of attack is the drill method. Please let me know if that’s a bad idea. I won’t be tackling that until I’ve had it for a while though.

Ah hell, who let the riff raff in

Congrats. I think you will like the differences. They are fairly small but adds some extra strategy to the game. You lose a little bit of the flow from the pro but the change in progressing wall, mode timer increase ability, mode completion ability and the actual throne all make it worth it for me.

My first tip, put lighting flippers on the mini PF. Makes it slightly more challenging (which was a plus for me) but more importantly increase the flow of the game as now when I hit the right ramp it will go straight into the ramp return lane if I don't flip at the ball. I also put felt on the return guide at the top of the mini PF. Something about smacking a metal ball against a metal guide like that didn't sit well with me as it was scaring my balls pretty quickly.

#1421 4 years ago

I just put new balls in my premium. They were pretty ding'd up, but hey, 2600 plays will do that.

#1422 4 years ago

Who’s ready for new code?!? I sure as shit am. Haha

#1423 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Who’s ready for new code?!? I sure as shit am. Haha

Blackwater multiball for anyone not ready!

#1424 4 years ago

Stern will be hosting a live stream event with Jack Danger and Dwight Sullivan to reveal an upcoming Game of Thrones code release! Live stream starts at 5pm CST on Monday, July 15th at - https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

#1425 4 years ago

Well I guess the cat’s out it the bag. I hope everyone likes this.

This code makes the game an all time great in my opinion.

#1426 4 years ago

Just saw that Deadflip teaser on FB! Anybody have any advance knowledge of what was added? Amazing, wonderful surprise for a proud LE owner.

#1427 4 years ago

Any clues on when new code will drop on Stern's website???

#1428 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Just saw that Deadflip teaser on FB! Anybody have any advance knowledge of what was added? Amazing, wonderful surprise for a proud LE owner.

I don’t want to spoil anything, but it’s a massive update.

#1429 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Any clues on when new code will drop on Stern's website???

Should be shortly after or before the stream b

#1430 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Chuck, spoil a little something??!!

#1431 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well I guess the cat’s out it the bag. I hope everyone likes this.
This code makes the game an all time great in my opinion.

I take it since you knew something was coming a few weeks back you have had involvement with this code update Chuck? If so very exciting love your rules streams you have done in the past specially your TWD ones I couldn’t play that game until I watched your vids, you know your rules man

#1432 4 years ago

Dwight is under-appreciated and has been given an unfair rep around here. You'll see.

#1433 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Chuck, spoil a little something??!!

You won’t even recognize castle MB

#1434 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Whoa! Sounds like fun.

#1435 4 years ago

I always felt the code wasn't done for 2 reasons:

1 - In the making of video, Dwight has said you'll be able to kill White Walkers on the upper play field.

2 - Was either in the video, or something I read, that the the people who did Game of Thrones are huge pinball fans.

I always felt more would be added later.

#1436 4 years ago

Wow! What great news! GOTLE was nailed to the floor in my game room as is. I wonder if any of the more recent part of the show will be added?
Also how will this effect Color DMD?

#1437 4 years ago

Erik, I'm guessing this had something to do with you trading from Pro to Premium?

#1438 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hell yeah! Still one of my favorite newer Stern games.

#1439 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This right here. I already love this game as-is, but I’ve always wished for more value from the upper playfield. Can’t wait to see the improvements Dwight has come up with!

#1440 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Erik, I'm guessing this had something to do with you trading from Pro to Premium?

I'm guessing chuckwurt was saying, Dwight don't announce code update until I can get my flipper fingers on a Premium.

#1441 4 years ago

I’ve been wanting to swap for a premium bad lately. This code update was just a coincidence.

#1442 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve been wanting to swap for a premium bad lately. This code update was just a coincidence.

About a year, I believe.

#1443 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Chuck, for curiosity sake how long do you believe Stern/ Dwight have been working on this particular update. As you stated it’s massive. Also do you know if Dwight had help from any other coders?
Maybe this will help all of us non coder types understand what really it takes to get something like this out the door to the owners.

#1444 4 years ago

I can only speak to what has happened in the past few weeks. Dwight sent the initial beta code then spent those three weeks changing and tweaking it to what you will see at release. I’m sure it was worked on a lot before they even sent the beta though. That timing I have no idea about.

#1445 4 years ago

t minus 60 and counting

#1446 4 years ago

Where do you watch this at?

#1448 4 years ago

His twitch sight says 1 :42 minutes...so maybe it's at 6 CST?

#1449 4 years ago

Reveal was insane! Summary:

Each house has a new action button power.

Stark can finish the current house mode with a direwolf once per ball.

Lannister can purchase playfield multipliers with gold, which time out eventually just like before. 500 gold per multiplier. Existing Max multiplier rules still enforced, based on houses completed. They also earn even more gold than before.

Baratheon can light a temporary Lord of Light save on both outlanes once per ball.

Tyrell can access Iron Bank once per ball at a greater value than before, and multiplied by playfield multipliers.

Martel is still add a ball once per ball.

Greyjoy doesn't change, but now you inherit the house action power of the most recent house you plundered.

Targaryen is now a playable house! They can pause all timers for 15 seconds once per ball. They also spot themselves as a completed house like Greyjoy, so you don't need to fight the dragons at all to progress.

Really cool changes that will make it easier to advance to Hand of the King and Iron Throne for sure.

You can also now complete the current house mode(s) by capturing a castle in the upper playfield.

Castle multi-ball has been revamped, and is easier to progress to. The castle shot is lit on a new ball entering the upper playfield for a short timer. If you hit the shot, you advance one level towards castle multi-ball automatically. New super jackpot collected at castle loop during castle multi-ball.

There will be some new callouts, but no new animations. New visual effects added also.

Random mode for selecting starting house.

Upper playfield now has playfield multipliers independent from the main playfield, and these stack together up there.

Baratheon target/spinner exploit tougher to exploit. Now spinner value can only be advanced to the number of houses you have completed.

You can purchase 3 of the new house action powers during spend your gold mode. Martel, Baratheon and I think Tyrell. Once you purchase a new ability, you lose your old ability. You can only ever have one action ability at a time.

More stuff too, but I'll let others chime in.

Added over 5 years ago:

Game of Thrones new code reveal stream was earlier tonight.

Thanks to Dwight from Stern and Jack from Deadflip. Reveal was insane! Summary:

Most houses have a new action button power. This is a game setting. These new powers can be turned off in settings to use the old familiar rules.

Stark can finish the current house mode with a direwolf once per ball. If fighting Targaryen, it will only kill one of the 3 dragons.

Lannister can purchase playfield multipliers with gold, which time out eventually just like before. 500 gold per multiplier. Existing Max multiplier rules still enforced, based on houses completed. They also earn even more gold than before.

Baratheon can light a temporary Lord of Light save on both outlanes once per ball with the action button. Baratheon also advances battle for the wall each time the player drops the three Baratheon drop targets.

Tyrell can access Iron Bank once per ball at a greater value than before, and multiplied by playfield multipliers.

Martel is still add a ball once per ball.

Greyjoy doesn't have its own new action power, but now you inherit the house action power of the most recent house you plundered.

Targaryen is now a playable house! They can pause all timers for 15 seconds once per ball. They also spot themselves as a completed house like Greyjoy, so you don't need to fight the dragons at all to progress.

Really cool changes that will make it easier to advance to Hand of the King and Iron Throne for sure.

You can also now complete the current house mode(s) by capturing a castle in the upper playfield. If fighting two houses in a mode, both can be defeated this way at once. If fighting Targaryen, only one dragon can be killed this way.

Castle multi-ball has been revamped, and is easier to progress to. The castle loop shot is lit on a new ball entering the upper playfield for a short timer. If you hit the shot, you advance one level towards castle multi-ball automatically. New super jackpot collected at castle loop during castle multi-ball.

There will be "lots" of new callouts, but no new animations. New visual effects added also.

No new modes or content from new seasons.

Random mode for selecting starting house.

Upper playfield now has playfield multipliers independent from the main playfield, and these stack together up there, being multiplied. So 3x upper playfield and 5x lower playfield gives you 15x upper playfield.

Baratheon target/spinner exploit tougher to exploit. Now spinner value can only be advanced to the number of houses you have completed + 1. Completing the 3 bank of targets increases spinner level.

You can purchase 3 of the new house action powers during spend your gold mode. Martel, Baratheon and Tyrell. Once you purchase a new ability, you lose your old ability. You can only ever have one action ability at a time.

More stuff too, but I'll let others chime in.

#1450 4 years ago

You can make everyone to play the same House of your choosing via game settings. Or force random House selection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

There are 2,241 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club/page/29?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.