IMG_2001 (resized).png
gt2 (resized).JPG
gt1 (resized).JPG
GT (resized).JPG
IMG_0556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 45.
#1351 5 years ago

To be clear this is my 1st machine so the top rail that holds the glass

IMG_20190322_052348719 (resized).jpgIMG_20190322_052348719 (resized).jpg
#1352 5 years ago

I guess I did not explain it very well since my ceiling was too low I couldnt fully lift the play field so I tried to balance it with one hand and piece of steel on the playfield made the scratch. It was a noob mistake i learned the hard way.

#1353 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm having trouble picturing how a low ceiling would cause one of your side rails to become scratched. Fortunately, it's really easy to replace the side rails on Sterns. They just unscrew and pop right off.

I contacted stern they told me that the part is unavailable so any lead on one would be great.

#1354 5 years ago

I was balancing the playfield after I realized I can't fully raise it and wasn't paying attention and this awesome piece of steel is what scratched it if you must know how I did it.

IMG_20190323_064206934 (resized).jpgIMG_20190323_064206934 (resized).jpg

#1355 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryBurton:

I was balancing the playfield after I realized I can't fully raise it and wasn't paying attention and this awesome piece of steel is what scratched it if you must know how I did it.
[quoted image]

Yep. Rookie mistake. Just sand down the side wall and repaint. And get higher ceilings. Haha

#1356 5 years ago

I love my GOTLE! There, I said it. Had to stay over an extra week in Philly and I’m missing it.

#1357 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryBurton:

To be clear this is my 1st machine so the top rail that holds the glass[quoted image]

If it bugs you enough to repair/replace just take it off and take it to a power coat company local to you. Any powder coat company "should" be able to strip that and match the color. Shouldn't cost you more than $75-$100. Worst case, contact pinball refinery and ask them to help. But you'd be paying shipping now thus the local option.

#1358 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryBurton:

[quoted image]

Any extra shooter rubber tips handy? Slide one on the metal piece, should prevent what happened for future playfield lifts.

#1359 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Any extra shooter rubber tips handy? Slide one on the metal piece, should prevent what happened for future playfield lifts.

That would disallow properly sliding of the playfield back into place I think.

#1360 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryBurton:

[quoted image]

Order these things. I have 4 of them, in case I'm working on more than one game at a time.

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

1 week later
#1361 5 years ago

Just got my first game ever and went into it with a bang. I picked up a basically brand new GoT LE and am loving it. I have it all cleaned up and things are in good working order. I am wanting to make sure I protect the shooter lane and keep it looking pristine as long as possible. What is everyone doing? I looked at this: https://pu-parts.com/game-of-thones-shooter-lane-protector but they don't ship to the US. What has everyone done, and how are your shooter lanes holding up?

Thanks!

#1362 5 years ago
Quoted from atum:

Just got my first game ever and went into it with a bang. I picked up a basically brand new GoT LE and am loving it. I have it all cleaned up and things are in good working order. I am wanting to make sure I protect the shooter lane and keep it looking pristine as long as possible. What is everyone doing? I looked at this: https://pu-parts.com/game-of-thones-shooter-lane-protector but they don't ship to the US. What has everyone done, and how are your shooter lanes holding up?
Thanks!

Get the cliffy's www.passionforpinball.com

He has protectors for both sides of the shooter lane and the side rail.

#1363 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Get the cliffy's www.passionforpinball.com
He has protectors for both sides of the shooter lane and the side rail.

Thanks! I was thinking that. So that is both the ejector piece that is next to the scoop, and the side rail protector that goes under the bubble level and down the side, correct? What do you do for the shooter grove? Mylar, protector like above, or just let it ride?

#1364 5 years ago

Honestly, just get some mylar. It's stupid cheap and easy to replace if you ever need to. I have it on all my HUO games and none are even close to showing any wear there.

#1365 5 years ago
Quoted from atum:

What has everyone done, and how are your shooter lanes holding up?
Thanks!

Don't follow my advice, I play the $%&# out of it and try not to look at shooter lane. But I do wax every other month and replace balls when needed. My shooter lane is abused with battle wounds.

#1366 5 years ago
Quoted from atum:

Thanks! I was thinking that. So that is both the ejector piece that is next to the scoop, and the side rail protector that goes under the bubble level and down the side, correct? What do you do for the shooter grove? Mylar, protector like above, or just let it ride?

No. 3 pieces. Both sides of shooter lane and side rail. The groove doesnt need protecting.

#1367 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

No. 3 pieces. Both sides of shooter lane and side rail. The groove doesnt need protecting.

He also needs the outhole protector as well.

#1368 5 years ago

Wax underneath any areas you do protect with mylar first. It will make it a much easier to peel off if you ever decide to remove it.

#1369 5 years ago

I put Mylar down first in the shooter lane, then the cliffy’s.

I also put Mylar around all magnets, drop targets and the ball drain.

#1370 5 years ago

when exactly does the left orbit open up on a normal game?

I finally got around to installing the capguntrooper fix (took a couple of hours of tinkering, had to remount the diverter arm) works great though.
I also re-enabled the left orbits on the feature menu.

It's seems kind of random when both controlled gates open though. Like during winter hurry up.

Figured it was a good time to put this game back on location .

#1371 5 years ago

It only opens during certain features or when trying to complete some houses, if I remember correctly

#1372 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

when exactly does the left orbit open up on a normal game?
I finally got around to installing the capguntrooper fix (took a couple of hours of tinkering, had to remount the diverter arm) works great though.
I also re-enabled the left orbits on the feature menu.
It's seems kind of random when both controlled gates open though. Like during winter hurry up.
Figured it was a good time to put this game back on location .

If a flashing red combo arrow is lit on either orbit, shooting that orbit will send it all the way around. Modes like Greyjoy and Baratheon and Martell will send the left orbit all the way around too.

Winter is coming hurry up will too.

#1373 5 years ago

Finally joined the club today. Wow, this game is awesome!!

B3E3557B-6873-4217-BA20-0D05668F3774 (resized).jpegB3E3557B-6873-4217-BA20-0D05668F3774 (resized).jpeg
#1374 5 years ago

Welcome to the club. It's a rush and gets my blood pressure up. Awesome indeed.

#1375 5 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Finally joined the club today. Wow, this game is awesome!!
[quoted image]

Ya, more and more people are learning enough of the rules to realize how great this game is. Welcome to the club. Let’s hope for a final code released with the finale coming soon.

1 week later
#1376 4 years ago

On my LE, my sword does not ever move on the lock ramp. If I go to coil test, it fires without issue, but does not fire during gameplay. I read in another thread about checking optos. This is my first pinball, so I don't really know all about the nodes, and setup and such. When the ball goes up the lock ramp, it makes the whoosh noise, so I know that opto is registering, and the exit opto must work as well as the ball lock white shaft works properly. It always registers locks and releases appropriately, but the sword does not move.

Does anyone know anything about this, or can they point me in the right direction? TIA!

#1377 4 years ago

That is an odd one for sure. So the white up post works but not the sword. Does the white up post stay up long enough to let you select a mode and also hold balls for multi ball? I would say that coil got unplugged or shorted out but you mentioned it works in coil test.

My best guess at this point - That coil was turned off in the feature settings. Look for the sword coil and make sure it is on.

#1378 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That is an odd one for sure. So the white up post works but not the sword. Does the white up post stay up long enough to let you select a mode and also hold balls for multi ball? I would say that coil got unplugged or shorted out but you mentioned it works in coil test.
My best guess at this point - That coil was turned off in the feature settings. Look for the sword coil and make sure it is on.

Yeah the entire game works as expected. Holds for multiball, releases correctly and everything, just no sword action. I have checked through all the settings (general and GoT specific) and cannot seem to find anything about enabling or disabling that feature.

#1379 4 years ago
Quoted from atum:

Yeah the entire game works as expected. Holds for multiball, releases correctly and everything, just no sword action. I have checked through all the settings (general and GoT specific) and cannot seem to find anything about enabling or disabling that feature.

I just played a couple game and my LE is doing the exact same thing as you posted above. Time to go in setting and look under the hood.

#1380 4 years ago
Quoted from atum:

Newest code and my sword works fine, didn't have to make any adjustments. Maybe a code update again may work out bugs.

#1381 4 years ago

Yeah, I would suggest a Factory Reset. If that doesn't do it, try reloading the code.

#1382 4 years ago

Well it now magically works. I was replacing the battering ram with the upgraded version and poked and prodded at some cables and connectors. I have always been on the latest software version, but now magically everything is working as expected.

#1383 4 years ago
Quoted from atum:

Well it now magically works. I was replacing the battering ram with the upgraded version and poked and prodded at some cables and connectors. I have always been on the latest software version, but now magically everything is working as expected.

My guess is that it was the ramp switch. Perhaps you jostled the connector.

#1384 4 years ago

Just joined the club and the rabbit hole that is pinball. Borat high five

E9B880FC-CD16-4F5D-A9D9-521DACA1DE35 (resized).jpegE9B880FC-CD16-4F5D-A9D9-521DACA1DE35 (resized).jpeg
#1385 4 years ago
Quoted from RedPlunger:

Just joined the club and the rabbit hole that is pinball. Borat high five
[quoted image]

What LE # do you have? Rabbit hole indeed. I went from 5 EM's. To 15 total after buying my first Stern just 14 months ago. Enjoy the game with the "Boys".

#1386 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

What LE # do you have? Rabbit hole indeed. I went from 5 EM's. To 15 total after buying my first Stern just 14 months ago. Enjoy the game with the "Boys".

#295. Super stoked to have such a cool toy to play with my two hooligans. Good lord, 5 to 15! My wife would turn me into an unsullied if I went that deep.

1 week later
#1387 4 years ago

Wanted to share with the group a humble brag. I now have a one of a kind GOT Premium edition. Personally signed with authentication by Kit Harrington aka Jon Snow and John Bradley aka Samwell Tarly. I have been excited to get this back and share with the group. My brother did a private signing with both of them and of course I had him bring the backing to my game!!

IMG_3142 (resized).jpgIMG_3142 (resized).jpgIMG_0604 (resized).jpgIMG_0604 (resized).jpg20190508_161327 (resized).jpg20190508_161327 (resized).jpg
#1388 4 years ago

Amazing!! Would love to shake both of their hands and thank them for the best fucking show ever made.

#1389 4 years ago

It used to be a good show.

1 week later
#1390 4 years ago

If you learn only one thing from the finale, understand this....dragons understand symbolism.

#1391 4 years ago
Quoted from C_S_S:

If you learn only one thing from the finale, understand this....dragons understand symbolism.

I knew it!

2 weeks later
#1392 4 years ago

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I'm not going to read through that many pages. Why don't you guys include the pro in this club?

#1393 4 years ago
Quoted from Epistaxis:

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I'm not going to read through that many pages. Why don't you guys include the pro in this club?

Since the games are so different, there’s a lot of stuff that pro owners don’t need in this thread. There is a TON about how to get these premiums and LEs dialed in that it helps keep that separate.

GOT kicks ass is the general GOT thread. This one is prem/le specific.

#1394 4 years ago

I often go back and forth between wanting the pro vs the prem/LE. I think prem/LE is winning out though. I like the UPF.

#1395 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I often go back and forth between wanting the pro vs the prem/LE. I think prem/LE is winning out though. I like the UPF.

It's not just the upper play field, it's the VUK the better dragon kickback, better rules for shot layout. It's just all good.

#1396 4 years ago

GOT question how do you increase the spinner value is from just shooting over and over or the Baratheon targets just wondering thanks.

#1397 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

GOT question how do you increase the spinner value is from just shooting over and over or the Baratheon targets just wondering thanks.

Yes. About 14 sets will get it to level 4 which is basically max value. That is about 3.2 million per spin.

Once there, continued completions of the drops will increase the value, but by very small amounts.

All this resets when you drain too. Spinner is affected by the PF multiplier, but not the shot multiplier.

You’ll know the spinner value is way up there by a high pitched metal on metal audio sound effect too.

#1398 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. About 14 sets will get it to level 4 which is basically max value. That is about 3.2 million per spin.
Once there, continued completions of the drops will increase the value, but by very small amounts.
All this resets when you drain too. Spinner is affected by the PF multiplier, but not the shot multiplier.
You’ll know the spinner value is way up there by a high pitched metal on metal audio sound effect too.

Thanks chuckwurt going to try the spinner strategy tonight when I get back home.

#1399 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Thanks chuckwurt going to try the spinner strategy tonight when I get back home.

Do Martell and when in a MB do nothing but hit drops.

Also you can check the spinner level in the instant info.

#1400 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do Martell and when in a MB do nothing but hit drops.
Also you can check the spinner level in the instant info.

Cool that's what I figured just keep getting multiballs and just focus on hitting drop targets.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 2,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.