376E4A8C-2DCC-47F4-8504-BF1686BC39AC (resized).jpeg
IMG_2001 (resized).png
gt2 (resized).JPG
gt1 (resized).JPG
GT (resized).JPG
IMG_0556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,241 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 45.
#1301 5 years ago

Not just for the upper playfield, but here are my thoughts for changes

SOUND FX

Winter has Come seems like it needs callouts or sound fx. I think its great when you have the music / drum for each of WINTER... HAS... COME at the start of the mode. What would fit when you get into the second phase of the WHC mode (where you fight the WW lieutenant) is if the horn would blow three times. In the show 2 horn sounds means that the Wildlings are attacking (thus 2 for the Battle at the Wall). But 3 horn sounds warns of white walkers.

CALLOUTS

Martel - On the third shot which qualifies the mode the Viper says "I will be your champion" - this actually matches with the DMD scene you have there.

In the mode:

"Have they told you who I am?"
"I am the brother of Elia Martel"
"Do you know why I have come all they way to this stinking shit pile of a city?... For you."
"I am going to hear you confess before you die"
"Say it."
"You raped her! You murdered her! you killed her children!" - ok maybe this last one is too much, but it is an epic line.
"Say her name! Say it!"

Lannister

Some banter between Jamie and Bronn as they save Jamie's daughter:

"That would have been a shit way to die"
"As far as I've seen they are all shit ways to die"
"Two knights off to save a princess"
"Morning lads! Glad we found you."
"Swords in the sand, Now!"
"That one should be slow enough"

Greyjoy

Dialogue from Theon as he takes Winterfell:

"You all know me!"
"My father has donned the ancient crown of salt and rock. And declared himself king of the iron islands"
"He claims the north as well by right of conquest"
"Betray me and you wish you hadn't"
"Send a raven to Pyke informing my father of my victory here."

There are lots of good quotes from John Snow, Lord Mormont, and others at the wall during Wall MB.

DMD

The opening to Hand of the King (i.e. the instructions for the mode) and the dots in the mode itself could really use some nicer DMD screens. The plain text looks unfinished. Especially when you see how great the Dots are in the Iron Throne mode.

BALANCE the modes

Really I think there just needs to be some added incentive to play Lannister.

UPPER PLAYFIELD

The upper playfield is well done in the modes. I like that. But I do think it would be helpful to have some better rules for the UPF when you are in a multiball (e.g. blackwater). Perhaps it could be as easy as allowing you to progress the Castle MB in the Blackwater MB. Or some nice reward for completing all targets and the loop shot during a MB.

INSERT LIGHTING

On the premium / LE it would be great if there was a change to the color of the inserts on the upper playfield for Castle MB (and the color of the main inserts in the mode). Stark is white. Castle MB should be something else. Perhaps more of a light orange. Or a baby blue.

CASTLE MB mode

It would be nice to polish up the rules to this mode, or at least spell them out a bit better for the player.

BUTTON FUNCTION

It would be nice if the action button did something small for each house.

#1302 5 years ago

I like the light show. But loose sight of the ball when playfield goes totally dark doing HOTK and end up draining early.

#1303 5 years ago

It would be cool if you could spend your gold on something special for each house. Maybe a hero with powers, maybe points bonus for a timed while, maybe getting other house powers for the rest of the ball.

Eg, your playing Lannister and you have the ability to spend gold to get the Martel add a ball power for that ball.

#1304 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What would prem and le owners like to see if Dwight gets time to revisit this one?
Outside of updates to video for later season happenings. That ain’t gonna happen. Haha

Honestly, the rules feel pretty close to perfect to me. I only wish it was a little easier to get to WHC, which I rarely see.

It would be nice be able to earn a VUK ride up the upper playfield, instead of just once per ball. Maybe after you knock down the single drop?

#1305 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Honestly, the rules feel pretty close to perfect to me. I only wish it was a little easier to get to WHC, which I rarely see.

I think if you specifically make WHC your goal it’s not so bad. But yeah, your typical game won’t see this Multiball usually.

#1306 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What would prem and le owners like to see if Dwight gets time to revisit this one?

Castle Multiball is way too undervalued -> scoring should be increased dramatically!

#1307 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Castle Multiball is way too undervalued -> scoring should be increased dramatically!

Castle multiball and iron throne are the two things I haven’t accomplished yet. I imagine if I focus on castle multiball I could get it.

#1308 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Castle multiball and iron throne are the two things I haven’t accomplished yet. I imagine if I focus on castle multiball I could get it.

Ditto, for me. I still working on getting HOTK constantly and have not concentrated on going for Castle MB at all. I believe because I heard it wasn't worth it. But and big YES as far as Dwight Sullivan doing a revisit.

#1309 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Outside of updates to video for later season happenings. That ain’t gonna happen. Haha

I'd like to see a better version of the sword fight video mode, or just get rid of it entirely.

#1310 5 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

I'd like to see a better version of the sword fight video mode, or just get rid of it entirely.

Already an option. You can turn it off in the settings.

#1311 5 years ago

Once the tv series ends I want them to do a vault edition on Spike 2 with real video clips and a new art package, and release updated code. A man can dream.

#1312 5 years ago

Expanding on another post. During BWMB, have the progression be: All green shots, SJP round, then all green shots twice, THEN upper playfield to hit all three stand-ups for double JPots, then hit u-turn loop for a SJP that is = all the SJP you collected at the Battering ram.

During HOTK, the first collect at the Battering Ram seems way undervalued, and the 2nd one seems way overvalued.

The video mode seems like a rigged game. Not enough skill and too much luck. Or maybe I just suck at it!

Agree that Castle MB should be worth about double what it is now. It's a lot of work to get that MB and the most I've ever gotten from it was 150M. Usually it's more like 20-40M.

Yes to balancing the Houses. In comp I see about 90% players taking Martell and maybe 10% taking Tyrell. Except for Trent who usually takes Baratheon!

Yes to balancing the modes. Please make me want to take anything else into HOTK other than Lannister, Greyjoy, Stark, Tyrell.

#1313 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Expanding on another post. During BWMB, have the progression be: All green shots, SJP round, then all green shots twice, THEN upper playfield to hit all three stand-ups for double JPots, then hit u-turn loop for a SJP that is = all the SJP you collected at the Battering ram.

This is fantastic.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yes to balancing the Houses. In comp I see about 90% players taking Martell and maybe 10% taking Tyrell. Except for Trent who usually takes Baratheon!

And me! Greyjoy or bust!!

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yes to balancing the modes. Please make me want to take anything else into HOTK other than Lannister, Greyjoy, Stark, Tyrell.

Really players take Targaryen. Haha

#1314 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And me! Greyjoy or bust!!

Same here - Greyjoy for the win, unless I'm playing particularly badly then I'll take Martell as insurance.

Biggest let down with Greyjoy is when you get to Iron Throne you lose all of the abilities you've 'stolen'.

Personally I normally end up taking into HotK: Greyjoy, Martell, Lannister & either Tyrell or Baratheon. That can award some massive points, but it needs you to get the SJ having hit all shots twice - 5 Bil is not uncommon.

#1315 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'd like to see an end to the playfield validation abuse. IMdn has it sorted now.

A bigger boost to reward for completing Targaryen, maybe double pts in HotK?

#1316 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

A bigger boost to reward for completing Targaryen, maybe double pts in HotK?

That would be exciting and fun to go for.

#1317 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How about getting "Team Play" working. Would be great having Players 1&3 against Players 2&4. Or all player working together to get to Iron Throne.

#1318 5 years ago

For me it's mainly make castle multiball worth while and pause the PF or at least shot multiplier when on upper playfield.

#1319 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Riiiiiiiip!!!!
amazon.com link »
Just a half of a drop on the arms of the spinner and blot with a rag for any excess.

Just finally put oil on spinner today and only had time to play one game. I could see a difference. I'll see new high scores coming soon. Been moving pins to new bigger room. My pitch is at 7.2° is this to much, sometime it was hard to get up right ramp, only one game played at new location. Think my old location was 6.8°

#1320 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is it being discussed that this may be possible?

The main thing I would like to see is some more animations from the last two seasons integrated. I’d rather see Cersie’s episode I and II military victories from season 7 then save Marcella as the Lannister quest. Add some “hold the door” stuff to Hodor’s midnight madness stuff.

#1321 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is it being discussed that this may be possible?

More than possible in my discussions, but we will see.

#1322 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The main thing I would like to see is some more animations from the last two seasons integrated.

But don’t count on anything like this. Haha

2 weeks later
#1324 5 years ago

Again with this bullshit? Where are the comments from the people “waiting to see” your work. As far as I am Concerned these are spam posts. You say these are just for you, you’re not selling these cards with trademarked artwork on them. But why bother to show us that you are using chrome vinyl?

If you are just here bragging about your card design that no one else can have, then please keep these to your other thread and don’t spam this one.

It’s not that I don’t like your design, (I don’t), but I just don’t care about the cards you have in your game.

#1325 5 years ago

Search this thread, with posts just made by mikonos. In the last 3 months he’s only posted about his rule cards that no one can have. 8 different versions. 4 times we’ve been reminded that they’re printied on chrome vinyl. When people criticize the card, he attacks their opinions.

Mikonos has added nothing of value to this thread yet, just advertising cards that he claims are not for sale.

#1326 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Again with this bullshit? Where are the comments from the people “waiting to see” your work. As far as I am Concerned these are spam posts. You say these are just for you, you’re not selling these cards with trademarked artwork on them. But why bother to show us that you are using chrome vinyl?
If you are just here bragging about your card design that no one else can have, then please keep these to your other thread and don’t spam this one.
It’s not that I don’t like your design, (I don’t), but I just don’t care about the cards you have in your game.

Bruh, your such a softie! I mean look at those cards up close, they are blurry and pixelated and just a crap design...........LMFAO

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 21.08.32 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-12-03 at 21.08.32 (resized).png
1 week later
#1327 5 years ago

I think I'm done with black rubber on my GoTLE. It's like every three weeks I'm cleaning up the black rubber trails. Just would like to know, what brand and color would you recommend. Ok going back to podcast and will check back in a few hours. Thanks

20181118_142949 (resized).jpg20181118_142949 (resized).jpg
#1328 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I think I'm done with black rubber on my GoTLE. It's like every three weeks I'm cleaning up the black rubber trails. Just would like to know, what brand and color would you recommend. Ok going back to podcast and will check back in a few hours. Thanks
[quoted image]

black polly urethane. Once on no need to change them and no black marks, I do them on all my machines, except WOZ and KISS, those are red

#1329 5 years ago

Yep that or Titan. Just get both and see which one plays more to your liking. They bounce pretty differently.

#1330 5 years ago

Thanks for advice. Wished I would have had my %&$% together for Black Friday.

#1331 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I think I'm done with black rubber on my GoTLE. It's like every three weeks I'm cleaning up the black rubber trails. Just would like to know, what brand and color would you recommend.

I had translucent Titans on my LE. I think they looked really good on that game.

4 weeks later
#1332 5 years ago

Now that Dwight Sullivan is finished with Munsters maybe he'll put a polish on GoT.

#1333 5 years ago

He sounded (on the head2head podcast) like he will if he is allowed some time to work on it by stern.

2 weeks later
#1334 5 years ago

Search the market for ice dragon!

#1335 5 years ago
Quoted from DonnyC:

Search the market for ice dragon!

Why not just say “ I’m selling an ice dragon shooter rod, check it out” and include a picture, why the extra step for everyone else?

#1336 5 years ago

The best thing to do is just embed the ad in your post like this ...

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “for sale is a very limited run of shooter rods I am producing. with the arrival of the last GOT season coming I have designed the ultimate mod for your pin. hand sculpted, painted ...”
2019-01-30
Naperville, IL
149 (Firm)
Archived after: 286 days
Viewed: 205 times

#1337 5 years ago

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-6557-GT

I like this one personally as it is from the show and has more significance as it is mentioned in the game and at half the cost. I mean the fish eye is nifty looking and if it was red would be perfect on a Lord of the Rings pin, but on a GOT?

Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 12.29.19 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-01-30 at 12.29.19 (resized).png
#1338 5 years ago

Thanks guys. Sorry for adding steps to check it out. Hard to navigate on an iPhone

#1339 5 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-6557-GT
I like this one personally as it is from the show and has more significance as it is mentioned in the game and at half the cost. I mean the fish eye is nifty looking and if it was red would be perfect on a Lord of the Rings pin, but on a GOT?
[quoted image]

It’s a dragons eye I believe.

745924D4-509A-4577-B52B-E228B8DBB84C (resized).jpeg745924D4-509A-4577-B52B-E228B8DBB84C (resized).jpeg
#1340 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s a dragons eye I believe. [quoted image]

Oh yeah I knew it was that, I’m just sayin fish eye looks better, lol

#1341 5 years ago

Let and pro backbox sides I am getting rid of, all interests?

89627653-37C7-4B2F-A023-1711B1528121 (resized).jpeg89627653-37C7-4B2F-A023-1711B1528121 (resized).jpeg Added over 5 years ago:

Soon to be in a paratroopers home!

#1342 5 years ago

Tormund will take the one on the right!

#1343 5 years ago

Dammit! Had an awesome gif and I don’t know how to post it. Haha

BD46D178-922B-4157-853F-523B5ABDFD12 (resized).pngBD46D178-922B-4157-853F-523B5ABDFD12 (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1344 5 years ago
Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 19.53.03 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-02-03 at 19.53.03 (resized).png
#1345 5 years ago

last one I swear

got_memes_06 (resized).jpggot_memes_06 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1346 5 years ago

Looking for a GOT Premium or LE in the Bay Area is anyone has any leads.

1 month later
#1347 5 years ago

I've always loved this game. Although I'd been playing pinball for a couple years beforehand, this was the first game I really cut my teeth on. It forced me to become a better player ("flail = fail"). There used to be three on location in my area - 2 pros and an LE. But one-by-one each of them disappeared. The last one left this past summer. "Winter had come", so to speak.

Two weeks ago I finally reached my breaking point and tracked down a Premium for trade. Gawd, I've missed this game!

#1348 5 years ago

Don't know if I'm being to anal about this but I have really low ceilings in my house and I can't fully lift my playfield. So when I lifted the playfield I scratched the top of my side rails since I couldn't fully lift it should I live with the scratch or is it possible to replace the side rail.

#1349 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryBurton:

Don't know if I'm being to anal about this but I have really low ceilings in my house and I can't fully lift my playfield. So when I lifted the playfield I scratched the top of my side rails since I couldn't fully lift it should I live with the scratch or is it possible to replace the side rail.

I'm having trouble picturing how a low ceiling would cause one of your side rails to become scratched. Fortunately, it's really easy to replace the side rails on Sterns. They just unscrew and pop right off.

#1350 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryBurton:

You mean the apron? lifting a playfield will not scratch your side rails no matter how low your ceiling is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 2,241 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.