IMG_2001 (resized).png
gt2 (resized).JPG
gt1 (resized).JPG
GT (resized).JPG
IMG_0556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 45.
#1151 6 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

After about of month of research, I've decided on this as my first pin. Hopefully I can find all the threads dedicated to it. Love the theme, love the show, love the game play....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-311-house-lannister

#1152 6 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

After about of month of research, I've decided on this as my first pin. Hopefully I can find all the threads dedicated to it. Love the theme, love the show, love the game play ...

It's a great game with very complex rules. A lot of helpful information can be found here ...

http://tiltforums.com/t/game-of-thrones-pinball-rulesheet/936

1 month later
#1153 6 years ago

Have had my GOTLE for about a year. I don't play very often, and have less than 100 plays. Many months ago when I did the last update, I began having problem with the elevator VUK. When you start a game and play the elevator grinds and tries repeatedly to kick ball up, but doesn't, and it kicks to throne where it trickles onto playfield. Not very fun. Sometimes if I play a few games the elevator will work about 10% of the time. When this issue started I tried adjusting the settings for the elevator and tried in test mode, etc. but I couldn't fix it. it is not fun to play b/c of this issue. FYI the balls are not hitting on the screws in the VUK, the problem seems to be with the code. The ball kicks up strong but whatever is at the top that opens to let it out seems mistimed or not working, since the last update . Has anyone else experienced and fixed this issue?

Second issue. When Special is lit. Right orbit shot does not go to throne for Special but instead just orbits around to left side. What's up with that ? Thanks for any suggestions.

#1154 6 years ago

It's not the code as if it was everyone would have the same issue. Some have had issue with the mech and got it replaced by calling Stern. If you are positive that it is not hitting some screws I would give Chas a call at Stern Tech Support.

As for your second issue. I don't think I've ever lit a special before. I would assume it would go to the Throne to collect but no experience their.

#1155 6 years ago

Thanks. Good point about code. But It worked fine before last update. I will take a video and give Chas a call if no one else here has another solution

#1156 6 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

Thanks. Good point about code. But It worked fine before last update. I will take a video and give Chas a call if no one else here has another solution

If that was the only change that occurred then I would suggest re-downloading and installing the code just to make sure it didn't get corrupted a bit. I've seen that in other games before.

Keep in mind thought that it learns over time (same as with the toy box in AS) but after a dozen or so games it should be pretty rare for it not to make it in one try.

#1157 6 years ago

I've played over 1000 games on my GOT prem and I've never seen a special. Is there even an insert for special?

3 weeks later
#1158 6 years ago

Sorry, I used word Special but it what I meant was Mystery bonus

1 week later
#1159 6 years ago

Just picked up an LE. Trying to figure out all the issues and fixes but I think I got them mostly under control but one I can't figure out...The Right Orbit gets triggered when I launch the ball. Is this normal? Is there a setting I'm missing for this?

#1160 6 years ago
Quoted from hainter:

The Right Orbit gets triggered when I launch the ball. Is this normal? Is there a setting I'm missing for this?

The right orbit should not be triggered unless you plunge hard enough to roll over the switch. In fact, I usually soft plunge to prevent the ball save timer from starting. It won't start until you trigger a switch, so this is a good way to casually line up a risky shot.

#1161 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The right orbit should not be triggered unless you plunge hard enough to roll over the switch. In fact, I usually soft plunge to prevent the ball save timer from starting. It won't start until you trigger a switch, so this is a good way to casually line up a risky shot.

What am I missing? Isn't the right orbit switch in the path of the ball? Or is there another switch somewhere further up above the pop-bumpers?

Sitting here thinking about it I think what might be happening is its going thru the gate into the pop bumpers and then coming back thru the gate and triggering the switch.

#1162 6 years ago
Quoted from hainter:

Just picked up an LE. Trying to figure out all the issues and fixes but I think I got them mostly under control but one I can't figure out...The Right Orbit gets triggered when I launch the ball. Is this normal? Is there a setting I'm missing for this?

Not normal. I think another switch is registering which is qualifying the playfield before the ball hits that switch. Try and put the game into switch test and flip the flippers and pound your fist on various parts of the playfield and see what switches are registering. If nothing, make sure the shooter lane switch is working.

#1163 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not normal. I think another switch is registering which is qualifying the playfield before the ball hits that switch. Try and put the game into switch test and flip the flippers and pound your fist on various parts of the playfield and see what switches are registering. If nothing, make sure the shooter lane switch is working.

It was the shooter lane switch. It was only registering about half the balls, this must be the trigger for disabling the right orbit switch for a short time after a launch.

Anyway, adjusted the switch, no more right orbit triggers on launch.

Thanks for the help.

#1164 6 years ago

Appologies if this has been posted, hoping someone can help us...

Our NIB premium GOT is suppose to show up tomorrow and interested in having all the optimum settings setup as we put it together during unboxing.

Can anyone take a moment to put in a post for all of the best settings, angle, elevation, flipper etc..that we should utilize for a new family just getting in the hobby... I recognize this is subjective but really just looking for a starting point. We ordered Cliffy’s for all our pins coming tomorrow but never thought to ask what would be the best way to configure these on initial setup.

Thank you for posting really appreciate your help!

#1165 6 years ago

Awwwww Snap!!!

43B7DD75-0F40-4511-98B6-F99BB2625581 (resized).png43B7DD75-0F40-4511-98B6-F99BB2625581 (resized).png

#1166 6 years ago

I’m in. Can’t wait.

#1167 6 years ago
Quoted from Requis:

Appologies if this has been posted, hoping someone can help us...
Our NIB premium GOT is suppose to show up tomorrow and interested in having all the optimum settings setup as we put it together during unboxing.
Can anyone take a moment to put in a post for all of the best settings, angle, elevation, flipper etc..that we should utilize for a new family just getting in the hobby... I recognize this is subjective but really just looking for a starting point. We ordered Cliffy’s for all our pins coming tomorrow but never thought to ask what would be the best way to configure these on initial setup.
Thank you for posting really appreciate your help!

It should be virtually ready to go out of the box. If you have issues with the left orbit shot, then there are fixes for that. (Drilling out some holes on a mounting plate.) I’d suggest shooter lane protectors. Plastic protectors for inlanes. Set it up to 6.5-7 deg. And that’s it.

#1168 6 years ago

Has anyone experienced this glitch my game of thrones keeps doing it after my winter is here multiball ends it still keeps playing the music from that multiball. For it to end I have to start a house a multiball or just lose my ball and the right music will play again.

#1169 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Has anyone experienced this glitch my game of thrones keeps doing it after my winter is here multiball ends it still keeps playing the music from that multiball. For it to end I have to start a house a multiball or just lose my ball and the right music will play again.

I’ve seen this too. Not sure what causes it.

#1170 6 years ago

Having an odd problem. Everytime I flip, the pin awards points, and a weird noise is associated with it. Kept experimenting, and launched House Stark. Cradled the ball on the left flipper, hit the right flipper, and it would cycle through all the characters in the House.

I know that's kind of vague explanation, but if someone might be able to point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

BBF

#1171 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Having an odd problem. Everytime I flip, the pin awards points, and a weird noise is associated with it. Kept experimenting, and launched House Stark. Cradled the ball on the left flipper, hit the right flipper, and it would cycle through all the characters in the House.

I know that's kind of vague explanation, but if someone might be able to point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

That's not much to go on, but I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess that it's one of the two switches flanking the flippers on the upper playfield. I seem to recall them making a somewhat harsh sound when triggered. Check the switch gaps.

#1172 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's not much to go on, but I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess that it's one of the two switches flanking the flippers on the upper playfield. I seem to recall them making a somewhat harsh sound when triggered. Check the switch gaps.

That’s it or the switch right below the lock targets.

If it’s a crow noise it’s the switch below the lock targets.

If it’s like swords clashing I think that’s the upper playfield “slings”

Putting the game into switch test is your best bet.

#1173 6 years ago

Thanks for the tips gents. Went into switch mode, didn't notice anything suspect....so just kept testing a bunch of switches. Decided to try it out. Played for a half hour, and issue seems to be gone. I can only hope that it's gone for good, 'cause I have no idea what I did to fix it! LOL

#1174 6 years ago

I'm hoping someone can help me. The other day I had to remove the VUK coil assembly so that I could access the switch. This required unscrewing four wood screws and a nut. When I went to tighten back down the nut, the bolt snapped in half from the torque. Unfortunately, since it's under the upper playfield, I have no idea what that bolt was connected to. I'm guessing it's probably a ball guide. I tried looking at the manual, but I can't figure it out.

The game still seems to be playing fine, and nothing has fallen apart yet, so I'm hoping it wasn't something critical. Can anyone who has had the upper playfield off tell me what the bolt indicated by the red arrow is for?

GoT broken bolt (resized).jpgGoT broken bolt (resized).jpg

#1175 6 years ago

I don’t think it’s for a ball guide the only thing back there is the return ramp from the upper playfield. I have this pic from a while ago. You can see the VUK in the top right of the pic. Behind the VUK is covered by the wolf plastic and the ball never goes back there. I can’t remember if the ramp is connected to the back panel or if it goes through the playfield.

A4B47680-2B56-49B7-A3D1-9CA510383C39 (resized).jpegA4B47680-2B56-49B7-A3D1-9CA510383C39 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1176 6 years ago

So, my machine is eating balls...

When I hit the center ramp, occasionally the ball appears to simply vanish. It is getting stuck under the upper playfield. It enters the area from the back (not the front). It’s a glass remover to get the ball out.

Any ideas how I stop balls getting stuck there?

#1177 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, my machine is eating balls...
When I hit the center ramp, occasionally the ball appears to simply vanish. It is getting stuck under the upper playfield. It enters the area from the back (not the front). It’s a glass remover to get the ball out.
Any ideas how I stop balls getting stuck there?

Picture?

#1179 6 years ago

Could your ramp not be screwed down all the way?

I would check the wiring under the upper playfield. Maybe something is hanging down.

On a side note, anyone install the Color LED...if so, what do you think?

#1180 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

On a side note, anyone install the Color LED...if so, what do you think?

I am going to install one tonight. Between the ColorDMD and @chuckwurt's twitch tutorials, I think I'm about to finally blow this game up. Stoked to see the colorDMD in it!

#1181 6 years ago

I installed the LCD version and I am blown away by it. Even better than Met, Tron, AFM, etc.

#1182 6 years ago

what are the pricing on the color dmd and the lcd version? I can't decide which to get

#1183 6 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

What are the pricing on the color dmd and the lcd version?

It's $399 for the LCD and $369 for the LED.

#1184 6 years ago

You need to buy the stand-off kit and the clear window. $439.38 is what the LCD ran me including shipping.

4 months later
#1185 5 years ago

Are speaker upgrades worth it for this game such as a Flipper fidelity kit.

I know a separate powered sub may sound better but as far as JUST speaker replacements go, does it make big difference in this game? (was thinking of the Flipper Fidelity kit with the 10" bass (vs. 8" bass) and backbox speakers.

#1186 5 years ago

Yes, it’s worth it. The stock backbox speakers had a sort of tinny, Whiney sound to them and once I had the FF set in there it was much smoother. Fuller sounding.

1 week later
#1187 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Yes, it’s worth it. The stock backbox speakers had a sort of tinny, Whiney sound to them and once I had the FF set in there it was much smoother. Fuller sounding.

I ended up getting a pinball pro kit. Not installed yet though.

#1188 5 years ago

Anyone know where to get these bulbs on the backboard?

Manual says they are 'DOUBLE LED' bayonet base. And they look like #44/47

Pinball life has similar but single led instead of double:
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3105

Having a hard time finding a replacement red one, if anyone can point me in the right direction Id appreciate it.

20180525_102416 (resized).jpg20180525_102416 (resized).jpg

#1191 5 years ago

When doing the left orbit fix on a prem via enlarging the mounting holes for repositioning, can this all be done under the pf? Is it possible to just unscrew the mounting screws, pull whole assemble out just a bit, drill/enlarge the holes and reposition?

Or will I need access to the divertor from the top of pf at all?

Seems like alot to remove from top of pf to get to the divertor.

20180527_115101 (resized).jpg20180527_115101 (resized).jpg

#1192 5 years ago

It can come out from the bottom/backplate

#1193 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

It can come out from the bottom/backplate

Great news, thanks!

#1194 5 years ago

How do you test the dragon topper to make sure it is functioning correctly? Didnt see an obvious menu choice or did I miss something?

I just got a used topper and just want to make sure its working the way it should. It didnt come with a manual. I would think there should be an easy way to test this right?

#1195 5 years ago

I don’t know if there’s an option in the menu to test the topper. It moves at the same time as the playfield dragon. Once connected the node boards update and it just worked for me.

Did you figure out how to connect it up?

#1196 5 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

How do you test the dragon topper to make sure it is functioning correctly? Didnt see an obvious menu choice or did I miss something?

The dragon on the topper should flap its wings when the game first boots up. It will also flap in sync with the dragon on the upper playfield during the game. The lights can be tested in the settings (#250-#257).

#1197 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I don’t know if there’s an option in the menu to test the topper. It moves at the same time as the playfield dragon. Once connected the node boards update and it just worked for me.
Did you figure out how to connect it up?

Got it hooked up correctly. It didnt have instructions but found this thread which haf pics of the instructions.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-dragon-install-instructions

Quoted from gweempose:

The dragon on the topper should flap its wings when the game first boots up. It will also flap in sync with the dragon on the upper playfield during the game. The lights can be tested in the settings (#250-#257).

Looks like mine is working correctly then thanks guys. I always thought the dragon activated separately from the pf dragon for some reason but yes mine is activated correctly at the same time as the pf dragon. Lightd are in parallel with pf house lights as well.

I just wanted to make sure it was functioning correctly as it must have had a bad fall during shipping. The front left corner of the metal topper base was bent during shipping pretty significantly. Would have had to have taken a huge drop for that to happen! Fortunately nothing else was damaged and I was able to bend the corner back down to almost flat. Rough handling by Usps!

20180529_132035 (resized).jpg20180529_132035 (resized).jpg

20180529_132040 (resized).jpg20180529_132040 (resized).jpg

20180529_132049 (resized).jpg20180529_132049 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1198 5 years ago

Ouch, glad it's working correctly.

#1199 5 years ago

Price includes shipping. Items are lockbar, hinges, lollipop rails, 4 legs and shooter. All in Iron Thone finish. I will secure the shooter plate before shipping with stainless steel screws. Fits pro and premium

450.00 shipped pm me

20180608_154909 (resized).jpg20180608_154909 (resized).jpg20180608_154913 (resized).jpg20180608_154913 (resized).jpg20180608_154915 (resized).jpg20180608_154915 (resized).jpg20180608_155048 (resized).jpg20180608_155048 (resized).jpg20180608_161538 (resized).jpg20180608_161538 (resized).jpg20180608_161544 (resized).jpg20180608_161544 (resized).jpg20180608_161606 (resized).jpg20180608_161606 (resized).jpg20180608_161611 (resized).jpg20180608_161611 (resized).jpg20180608_161635 (resized).jpg20180608_161635 (resized).jpg20180608_161655 (resized).jpg20180608_161655 (resized).jpg20180608_161659 (resized).jpg20180608_161659 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1200 5 years ago

Game of Thrones Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers - Yellow:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01711-game-of-thrones-lighted-magnetic-hinge-covers-yellow

0 4 sterns (resized).jpg0 4 sterns (resized).jpg0616181943_resized (resized).jpg0616181943_resized (resized).jpg0616181943a_resized (resized).jpg0616181943a_resized (resized).jpg0616181943b_resized (resized).jpg0616181943b_resized (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.