Topic Stats

• 1,585 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 days ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 369 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

game-of-thrones-castle-walls-prem_1024x1024 (resized).jpg
20191012_125211_HDR (resized).jpg
FB192438-0E5F-4D65-B343-AC1B8D76ED55 (resized).jpeg
BFTW.PNG
Mammoth.gif
IMG_20190810_191244 (resized).jpg
20190721_205205 (resized).jpg
20190719_224354 (resized).jpg
27164C79-0709-41D9-9A62-D64684B58DB8 (resized).jpeg
220AC03F-33FA-405C-A007-DDE390312104.gif
20190625_212249 (resized).jpg
20190625_211606 (resized).jpg
IMG_3142 (resized).jpg
IMG_0604 (resized).jpg
20190508_161327 (resized).jpg
E9B880FC-CD16-4F5D-A9D9-521DACA1DE35 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1585 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 32.
#1101 2 years ago

My alt translite. I was tired of the floating heads, so I got rid of them. Picture makes the whites look washed out, but it's good in real life. I'm happy with it

image (resized).jpg

#1102 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

My alt translite. I was tired of the floating heads, so I got rid of them. Picture makes the whites look washed out, but it's good in real life. I'm happy with it

Looks good. My only problem is that scene/theme has nothing to do with the dragons so that dragon is out of place.

#1103 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Looks good. My only problem is that scene/theme has nothing to do with the dragons so that dragon is out of place.

I hear you. But I like the dragons. And heck there are still two more seasons. Who knows what's gonna happen

#1104 2 years ago

Drogon is the biggest, baddest dragon ever! He looks like a little tiny Smaug in that pic. No offense, just my 2 cents

If you want drogon on the translite, Maybe grab him from one of the later season episodes where Danaerys mounts him in front of all the dothraki. Or wait til the upcoming season when we see him even bigger!

1 month later
#1105 2 years ago

Whats up, the tread is pretty quiet. Im so Happy with my got prem.

#1106 2 years ago

Most GoT chit chat happens in the GoT kicks ass thread.

Although mezel mods does have a limited number of textured castle walls. I just ordered one, I'll post pics once they arrive.

#1107 2 years ago

Dwight needs to add some more rules for the upper playfield.

#1108 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh the dragons and white walkers will meet, my friend.

#1109 2 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Most GoT chit chat happens in the GoT kicks ass thread.
Although mezel mods does have a limited number of textured castle walls. I just ordered one, I'll post pics once they arrive.</would be great to see

1 week later
#1110 2 years ago

These look really great. I'm very happy with them. Unfortunately I probably won't be able to install them right away, but I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Hopefully some day we'll get a side wall and 2 lane guide plastics to match this wall. Then the upper playfield would look more complete

IMG_20170811_1256181 (resized).jpgIMG_20170811_1256289 (resized).jpgIMG_20170811_1256387 (resized).jpgIMG_20170811_1258004 (resized).jpg

#1111 2 years ago

These look really great. I'm very happy with them. Unfortunately I probably won't be able to install them right away, but I'll post pics as soon as I can.
Hopefully some day we'll get a side wall and 2 lane guide plastics to match this wall. Then the upper playfield would look more complete

Sweet

#1112 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Dwight needs to add some more rules for the upper playfield.

That would be really nice. Are there any rumors that Stern plans another update for GoT?

#1113 2 years ago

Good luck with that.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

That would be really nice. Are there any rumors that Stern plans another update for GoT?

I've heard it's done. He still has GB to update, SW to finish, and has probably already moved onto whatever the next game is. GOT isn't even in the rear view mirror anymore.

#1114 2 years ago

Bummer about the code update.

I do have those castle walls coming soon. Will look awesome.

#1115 2 years ago

Where can you get the castle walls?

#1116 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Where can you get the castle walls?

Mezelmods. Limited quantities so be quick.

#1117 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've heard it's done. He still has GB to update, SW to finish, and has probably already moved onto whatever the next game is. GOT isn't even in the rear view mirror anymore.

That's a shame. The last two seasons have had some phenomenal stuff I'd love seeing reflected in the code. Maybe give each house another level or two like Star Trek.

#1118 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That's a shame. The last two seasons have had some phenomenal stuff I'd love seeing reflected in the code. Maybe give each house another level or two like Star Trek.

Agreed. But remember, this is Pinside, the Home of Rumor and Conjecture...

...that's usually wrong. So take it with a grain of salt.

#1119 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Good luck with that.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Agreed. But remember, this is Pinside, the Home of Rumor and Conjecture...
...that's usually wrong. So take it with a grain of salt.

Since we're in rumorville, I heard both GOT and GB are 'done'. I did give Dwight a list of a bunch of bugs including a request for balancing a few houses and programming the upper pf better. Will it get done? Who knows.

#1120 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I did give Dwight a list of a bunch of bugs including a request for balancing a few houses and programming the upper pf better. Will it get done? Who knows.

Perhaps Dwight will see the years and years of monster respect Lyman has received for finishing and polishing SM and he will want GoT to be his SM.

One can dream.

#1121 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Perhaps Dwight will see the years and years of monster respect Lyman has received for finishing and polishing SM and he will want GoT to be his SM.
One can dream.

GOT is by far his best of the 4 pins he's done since his return. It would be nice if he wanted, or even had the time to, revisit , polish it all up and make it his most epic of all time.

#1122 2 years ago

I got my castle wall, crows, and battering ram installed today. Everything installed easily and looks great. Sorry for the poorly lit photos. If anyone wants other pics let me know. My battering ram feels a bit more stiff, but that should be just an adjustment with the sled under the Playfield. I didn't notice anything rubbing with the new parts.

IMG_2801 (resized).JPGIMG_2799 (resized).JPGIMG_2798 (resized).JPGIMG_2796 (resized).JPGIMG_2797 (resized).JPG

IMG_2800 (resized).JPG

#1123 2 years ago

I got my castle wall, crows, and battering ram installed today. Everything installed easily and looks great. Sorry for the poorly lit photos. If anyone wants other pics let me know. My battering ram feels a bit more stiff, but that should be just an adjustment with the sled under the Playfield. I didn't notice anything rubbing with the new parts.

Looks very...uh...wintery! Nice mods! Where'd you get the swords? And are the crows 3D or flat?

#1124 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Looks very...uh...wintery!

thanks. My plan is to have a house Stark LE. I've replaced the inlane guides and start button with blue ones, added beatmaster's stickers and metal pop caps. I've installed stern shaker, art blades and side armor. Among other things.

The swords are actually a set of steel LOTR letter openers, like these. I'm planning to swap them out for a set of GoT ones, but I haven't found a nice set yet. (Although I haven't looked in a while)

ebay.com link » Steel Lord Of The Rings Lotr Letter Opener Set 6pcs

The crows are ~1/4" thick plastic with stickers on the one side. They look ok, not as good as the other two mods though. I'd prefer a 3D crow, but if would probably be weak in the legs. These should stand up to a light ball hit, but I did put them places that I've never seen Air balls go into.

#1125 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I did give Dwight a list of a bunch of bugs including a request for balancing a few houses and programming the upper pf better. Will it get done?

Just out of curiosity, what were your recommendations?

#1126 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just out of curiosity, what were your recommendations?

Nothing specific on the upper pf as I don't have enough insight on it. But Dwight has plenty of feedback on bugs and polish on the game. Whether he finds time to polish it and give it the update it deserves is unbenknowst to me. Honestly, he did such a kick ass job with this game that he deserves a round of applause. But it would be epic if he revisits it.

#1127 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dwight has plenty of feedback on bugs and polish on the game. Whether he finds time to polish it and give it the update it deserves is unbenknowst to me.

Could the pinball community freelance his work? Run a Kickstarter, get people to pitch in $100 each for finished code. If there's enough support the game might get finished. Although I'd prefer a year after the show is finished to incorporate the whole GoT story.

Has anything like this happened before?

#1128 2 years ago

Could the pinball community freelance his work? Run a Kickstarter, get people to pitch in $100 each for finished code. If there's enough support the game might get finished. Although I'd prefer a year after the show is finished to incorporate the whole GoT story.
Has anything like this happened before?

Stern has a tight leash on that kind of code being from HBO and there is no way that would either party would authorize it, sadly anyone attempting to bypass or copy that code would be slapped so hard with infringement and copyright violations they would more than likely keep that on the DL for fear of retaliation.

#1129 2 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Stern has a tight leash on that kind of code being from HBO and there is no way that would either party would authorize it, sadly anyone attempting to bypass or copy that code would be slapped so hard with infringement and copyright violations they would more than likely keep that on the DL for fear of retaliation.

I think he's suggesting the money go to Dwight to finish it (basically the community paying him overtime). I'd be all for it and would contribute $100.

#1130 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think he's suggesting the money go to Dwight to finish it (basically the community paying him overtime). I'd be all for it and would contribute $100.

That's the idea.

#1131 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Again, Neither Stern nor HBO will authorize that no matter how much money is offered to Dwight as they own all the rights, licensing and so forth. Nice to dream though and count me in for a Benji

#1132 2 years ago

Again, Neither Stern nor HBO will authorize that no matter how much money is offered to Dwight as they own all the rights, licensing and so forth. Nice to dream though and count me in for a Benji

As much as I'd partake, I don't see it happening. It wouldn't take long for stern or Disney to find out and I don't think Dwight would risk his job for a couple grand.

#1133 2 years ago

I wish Stern would budget the time to allow devs to re-visit code for machines they have in production at least once a year. Fix newly discovered bugs at minimum, or add tweaks/features. I don't think it is reasonable to expect them to add in everything the community requests, or a bunch of new content, that just isn't where their revenue comes from, but unaddressed bugs bug me.

#1134 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yep I'd go in as well. Game is pretty awesomes as it stands but tweaks never hurt.

#1135 2 years ago

Can't wait for my castle walls. Fitted this yesterday. I love my custom shooter rods mikeincali

IMG_3687 (resized).JPG

#1136 2 years ago

My lane guide post snapped. Is this a common problem with got prem?

IMG_0531 (resized).JPG

IMG_0532 (resized).JPG

#1137 2 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I'm pretty sure that this happened to someone else just the other week. (Might be in the GoT kicks ass thread). I thought that the outcome was that they had an issue getting a new screw bit from stern for it, but eventually found a solution. I think the plan was to rivet a new screw onto the end of the guide.

#1138 2 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

...and if you need me to rivet you a new screw, Gabe, just send it to me and I'll get it back to you in just a couple of days. But you have to get the screw part from Stern.

In fact, shouldn't somebody sell these as a normal part?

#1139 2 years ago

My view was Stern would officially do the update. We would just be covering their over head for staffing costs. Stern would pay Dwight.

Very unlikely, just a dream.

#1140 2 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Your distributor should be able to order you a new one.

#1141 2 years ago

I'm having an intermittent problem where a house is automatically chosen for me. I initially suspected there was a hair-trigger switch triggered by vibration, but I can find no such sensitive switch and I still have a score of 0 after the house has been locked in. Giving the game a reboot seems to fix the problem for a while, but it comes back.

Any ideas?

#1142 2 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

I'm having an intermittent problem where a house is automatically chosen for me. I initially suspected there was a hair-trigger switch triggered by vibration, but I can find no such sensitive switch and I still have a score of 0 after the house has been locked in. Giving the game a reboot seems to fix the problem for a while, but it comes back.
Any ideas?

The ball comes out of the trough to hard and bounces up a little bit in the shooter lane triggering the switch like you just barely plunged it thereby selecting your house for hitting a switch. Easy fix.

#1143 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The ball comes out of the trough to hard and bounces up a little bit in the shooter lane triggering the switch like you just barely plunged it thereby selecting your house for hitting a switch. Easy fix.

Yep. And the easy fix is to adjust that switch so it isn't sensitive.

3 weeks later
#1144 2 years ago

I bought a GOT LE about 2 months ago, which is my first pinball machine. I already found the rulesheet, but is there somewhere you can find the explanations on every adjustments you can do in Service Menu ?

Also, I have an issue with the elevator when shooting to the upper playfield : the ball shoots with enough strenght (I see the ball at the exit of the elevator) but seems to bounce on the diverter there and goes back down. This does not happen everytime, but sometimes it takes up to 5 tries for the ball to finally get out.

Hope I am at the right place to ask, tell me if not

#1145 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik100:

I bought a GOT LE about 2 months ago, which is my first pinball machine. I already found the rulesheet, but is there somewhere you can find the explanations on every adjustments you can do in Service Menu ?
Also, I have an issue with the elevator when shooting to the upper playfield : the ball shoots with enough strenght (I see the ball at the exit of the elevator) but seems to bounce on the diverter there and goes back down. This does not happen everytime, but sometimes it takes up to 5 tries for the ball to finally get out.
Hope I am at the right place to ask, tell me if not

Welcome to the club, great game for your first one. Pinside is full of useful info and many people will help you out; your in the right place.

The manual should have brief descriptions of the adjustments. Your Le should have a paper manual but you can also get it online at stern's website. If you have any questions just ask.

A bunch of people had issues with the elevator, so hopefully someone can suggest a fix. There might be a fix back in this thread or the GoT kicks ass thread. Even making sure you game is level side to side might fix this.

#1146 2 years ago

The manual should have brief descriptions of the adjustments. Your Le should have a paper manual but you can also get it online at stern's website.

What I get in the manual is a list of adjustements available. Also, when I go to Service Menu, there is an "Help" icon, but clicking it does not seem to work.
Altough I am happy with the settings I chose up to now, I would like to understand every options (and not having to try every single one and find out what it does). For example, "What is Competition Mode ?", "What 'Game Restart' parameter means ?" "There is a parameter named 'Extra Ball Percentage'. How does changing this will change my ability to hit the extra ball ?"
As you see, I have many questions that are mostly generic rather than specific to an issue I have. Since it would tedious for someone to list everything here, I was asking if that was already done, like people already did for the rulesheet.

Thanks for the quick answer. I'll look around for the elevator issue. I'm glad I found this forum

1 week later
#1147 2 years ago

I just got to Hand of the King multi-ball last night for the first time at home. So much fun. I've had the game for about a year.

2 weeks later
#1148 2 years ago

I spoke to Stern about my elevator which was doing the same thing and they sent me a new one under warranty. The problem was that the diverter and upkick were not synced correctly. I think the diverter closed too soon. If it is not covered by warranty I would try bending the diverter a bit. It was very frustrating and really killed the momentum of the game when the elevator failed. I was disappointed that I had to go to Stern with a well know problem for the fix, instead of them coming to me with the fix.

#1149 2 years ago
Quoted from OilGuy:

I spoke to Stern about my elevator which was doing the same thing and they sent me a new one under warranty. The problem was that the diverter and upkick were not synced correctly. I think the diverter closed too soon. If it is not covered by warranty I would try bending the diverter a bit. It was very frustrating and really killed the momentum of the game when the elevator failed. I was disappointed that I had to go to Stern with a well know problem for the fix, instead of them coming to me with the fix.

Well they rewrote the code to fix the hardware issues, so that makes it better........said no one ever.

#1150 2 years ago

After about of month of research, I've decided on this as my first pin. Hopefully I can find all the threads dedicated to it. Love the theme, love the show, love the game play....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 11.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
Machine - For Sale
Union City, CA
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 26.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 1585 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 32.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside