Topic Stats

• 1,585 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 days ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 369 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

game-of-thrones-castle-walls-prem_1024x1024 (resized).jpg
20191012_125211_HDR (resized).jpg
FB192438-0E5F-4D65-B343-AC1B8D76ED55 (resized).jpeg
BFTW.PNG
Mammoth.gif
IMG_20190810_191244 (resized).jpg
20190721_205205 (resized).jpg
20190719_224354 (resized).jpg
27164C79-0709-41D9-9A62-D64684B58DB8 (resized).jpeg
220AC03F-33FA-405C-A007-DDE390312104.gif
20190625_212249 (resized).jpg
20190625_211606 (resized).jpg
IMG_3142 (resized).jpg
IMG_0604 (resized).jpg
20190508_161327 (resized).jpg
E9B880FC-CD16-4F5D-A9D9-521DACA1DE35 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1585 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 32.
#1051 2 years ago

Quick way to blow up Lanister is to exploit the super jackpot bug.

If you aren't familiar with this what you do is:
- Prime BWMB by locking 2 balls.
- Get mystery lit with having (I think) about 1400 or more coins (super easy while as lanister)
- This will put "light super jackpot" as one of your options to collect in the mystery award.
- Select "light super jackpot"
- DO NOT collect the SJ at this time
- start BWMB
- Now collect the SJ

When you do this the SJ will stay lit for the enitre MB until you collect all 5 BWMB shots so do not collect them all. Once you collect them all it starts the timer for the SJ and takes you out of the exploit. My goal is to get a ball on the left flipper and hold it there then I just cont to hit the SJ with the right flipper.

You can do this with any house but it's the easiest to get the SJ option as mystery with Lanister.

Lastly, he's a mod so don't tell him I told you this as I don't want to get banned

#1052 2 years ago

I'm not sure if Cliffy is advertising them, but I recently picked up his shooter lane condom kit at PAGG. It looks great and seems like it'll hold up really well.

20170524_171923 (resized).jpg

#1053 2 years ago

Request for troubleshooting help from fellow GOT PRE owners:

I found this little bracket thingamabob floating in the right flipper lane last night. Only reason I saw it was because it was keeping a ball from getting to the right flipper, LOL.

I'm not a techie, but I've looked over the entire playfield and nothing stands out as to a place where this might go. It looks like it might have gone around a post somewhere but I can't see any unprotected. I don't see a loose screw anywhere that might have held this in. Can any of you experts perhaps enlighten me what this piece is and where it might go?

The only clue that I might have (which may be completely irrelevant here) is that when I'm hitting a mystery shot the ball is bouncing out of the "throne" at least 50% of the time. Not sure whether there's any connection or not.

Thank you in advance!

IMG_20170526_090852586 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170526_090842867 (resized).jpg

#1054 2 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Request for troubleshooting help from fellow GOT PRE owners:
I found this little bracket thingamabob floating in the right flipper lane last night. Only reason I saw it was because it was keeping a ball from getting to the right flipper, LOL.
I'm not a techie, but I've looked over the entire playfield and nothing stands out as to a place where this might go. It looks like it might have gone around a post somewhere but I can't see any unprotected. I don't see a loose screw anywhere that might have held this in. Can any of you experts perhaps enlighten me what this piece is and where it might go?
The only clue that I might have (which may be completely irrelevant here) is that when I'm hitting a mystery shot the ball is bouncing out of the "throne" at least 50% of the time. Not sure whether there's any connection or not.
Thank you in advance!

That bracket goes on one of the spot light flashers and is there to hold the bulb in. Check them all and see which one is missing. Then reference another one that's installed for how to get that one back on. Not sure how that came off though.

#1055 2 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

when I'm hitting a mystery shot the ball is bouncing out of the "throne" at least 50% of the time. Not sure whether there's any connection or not.

This is a different issue I believe. Search this thread for tips on this as I believe there are multiple options for a fix.

#1056 2 years ago

Does anyone have a good alt translite for the premium? I know I missed the hand drawn one from Scott. I've seen the ebay ones, but the color scheme looks like it would fit the pro better. I like the night's king on the premium, but I hate the other guys on there just staring into space.

#1057 2 years ago

Oh man I think the premium trans light is my favorite. If you get the alternate make sure I get the original when you finally decide to sell to me

#1058 2 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Oh man I think the premium trans light is my favorite. If you get the alternate make sure I get the original when you finally decide to sell to me

Ha. I don't hate it, but I hate looking up and seeing those guys with the random stares into space.

And this one is a keeper. For real this time.

#1059 2 years ago

Anyone know if there is going to be any further code updates? Would be nice if Castle Multiball was somehow stackable with something or had some better jackpots.

#1060 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone know if there is going to be any further code updates? Would be nice if Castle Multiball was somehow stackable with something or had some better jackpots.

AWWW crap don't you start now, next thing you know we will have to have our own wheres the GOT code thread.....

#1061 2 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

AWWW crap don't you start now, next thing you know we will have to have our own wheres the GOT code thread.....

Haha! I hear ya!

Having Castle Multiball be stackable or have jackpots of some type of reasonable value isn't that much to ask though. Minor code tweak.

I wonder how GoT is selling these days? I bet it picks up after the new season starts, the game is phenominal.

#1062 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I suspect the code is pretty much complete. Dwight has moved on to other projects. Other than possibly fixing a few bugs, I doubt we will see any more changes.

#1063 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Haha! I hear ya!
Having Castle Multiball be stackable or have jackpots of some type of reasonable value isn't that much to ask though. Minor code tweak.
I wonder how GoT is selling these days? I bet it picks up after the new season starts, the game is phenominal.

Just like TWD, code can sell hundreds of games. Rules and scoring are phenomenal in GOT; but yea, that little extra effort of code genius hiding in dwights brain would definitely pump GOT sales again. Rules, flow, speed, theme...this pin is one of my favorites ever.

#1064 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just like TWD, code can sell hundreds of games. Rules and scoring are phenomenal in GOT; but yea, that little extra effort of code genius hiding in dwights brain would definitely pump GOT sales again. Rules, flow, speed, theme...this pin is one of my favorites ever.

One of the reasons Lyman is revered is what he did on SM. Coming back to it and not letting it be just good enough, he made it great. Dwight has that opportunity here. GoT doesn't need much, just some really minor tweaking and balancing.

#1065 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

One of the reasons Lyman is revered is what he did on SM. Coming back to it and not letting it be just good enough, he made it great. Dwight has that opportunity here. GoT doesn't need much, just some really minor tweaking and balancing.

100% agree. And it needs more call outs from the show. That would up the immersion to a LOTR, Tron, IM or SM level. You want to feel like you are in the world of the game.

#1066 2 years ago

Hello everyone, and bought a game of thrones second hand in perfect condition, I love this machine !!!! I have the same problem with the left orbit ..... as many

IMG-20170522-WA0024 (resized).jpeg

#1067 2 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Hello everyone, and bought a game of thrones second hand in perfect condition, I love this machine !!!! I have the same problem with the left orbit ..... as many

Easy fix. Drill out the mounting holes in the diverter with a stepper drill bit - only about 1/16th of an inch (2 mm or so). Remount, pushing it up toward the player side of the playfield. Done.

#1068 2 years ago

I'm on the side of more code is coming. In the making of video, Dwight talks about doing things on the upper playfield like killing white walkers and being able to do other things up there. For the main playfield, I think those rules are pretty much done, just need to balance the scoring out.

#1069 2 years ago

I've just picked up one as well a few weeks back. Can't believe how great this game is. Got to iron throne (5 ball)and would have to say one of the best wizard modes I have ever played. Really great fun.

2017-05-03 19.16.51-1 (resized).jpg

#1070 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I've just picked up one as well a few weeks back. Can't believe how great this game is. Got to iron throne (5 ball)and would have to say one of the best wizard modes I have ever played. Really great fun.

I'd have to agree with you with one minor change: along with WOZ, this game has one of the best wizard modes I'll never see.

#1071 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'd have to agree with you with one minor change: along with WOZ, this game has one of the best wizard modes I'll never see.

Ya, I've had the game for a year and a half and still haven't been to iron throne. I hear that it's cool though.

#1072 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm on the side of more code is coming. In the making of video, Dwight talks about doing things on the upper playfield like killing white walkers and being able to do other things up there. For the main playfield, I think those rules are pretty much done, just need to balance the scoring out.

Lannister could be balanced out by giving 3x gold instead of 2x gold and having more and better stuff available for high gold prices (like buying an extra sword or an extra ball) that would effectively give Lannister some late game benefits on big games.

The upper playfield needs more rules. And please let castle Multiball stack with modes somehow.

#1073 2 years ago

Ever since I bought my LE off of a fellow Pinsider, there's been issues with the kicker. Works sporadically. Finally decided to get off my ass and try and figure out what is causing the problem. First question I have, does anyone know if the kicker is activated via an opto?? I put it into switch test mode, used a long screwdriver and nothing triggered. Went back into the coil test, and the kicker works every time.

I consulted the owner manual, but I find the manual to be pretty useless. I have no idea which node board is responsible for the kicker....so I just unplugged and plugged back in a bunch of connectors. Still no joy.

Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so if you could point me in the right direction it would be utmost appreciated!

#1074 2 years ago

Yes it's an opto switch, and that's probably the problem

Line 37 in the switch chart.
Node board 10, connector 15, pins 12 and 14

IMG_2779 (resized).PNG

#1075 2 years ago

IMG_2780 (resized).PNG

#1076 2 years ago

Also, does anyone know the status on ColorDMD working with the SPIKE system? Are they still working on it or is it impossible for whatever reason?

Would love some GoT in color.

#1077 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Also, does anyone know the status on ColorDMD working with the SPIKE system? Are they still working on it or is it impossible for whatever reason?

Yes. In color AND not so smear-y looking.

#1078 2 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Yes it's an opto switch, and that's probably the problem
Line 37 in the switch chart.
Node board 10, connector 15, pins 12 and 14

Thanks LD, much appreciated!

#1079 2 years ago

Every day I like this game more, I have a lot to learn about it, I only played 12 games

#1080 2 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Every day I like this game more, I have a lot to learn about it, I only played 12 games

Wait until you've played 1200. You'll still be loving it!

#1081 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes. In color AND not so smear-y looking.

Yep, would be a huge improvement on the dots. Would be a big undertaking to colonize though, like Iron Man was but with five times the number of animations to color.

#1082 2 years ago

Longshot question, but does anyone have scans of the playfields and plastics they can PM me? Or know of anyone who might be able to help out? Premium, LE or Pro would all work.

I'm doing a full artwork conversion and I've reached the point where it doesn't make sense to move forward without the real dimensions of everything.

I could buy extra playfields and plastic sets, then scan everything in myself, but if someone's already got the dimensions it'd save so much work.

I'm hoping someone has already scanned everything in to create playfield/plastic protectors or something like that.

#1083 2 years ago

It's interesting reading the feedback on modes sometimes and to see peoples preferences. It seems as thought Iron Throne is well received of which I actually far prefer HOTK over IT when playing GOT. Me personally I would actually say that IT is one of my least fav end of the game wizard modes from all the ones I've been to. Just feels a bit to repetitive for me but it's good to see that I'm in the minority there. Still a great game for sure!

#1084 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That bracket goes on one of the spot light flashers and is there to hold the bulb in. Check them all and see which one is missing. Then reference another one that's installed for how to get that one back on. Not sure how that came off though.

Thank you sir, that was exactly it. Somehow, the right spotlight flasher got "unscrewed" and the brackethingy fell off.

#1085 2 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Thanks LD, much appreciated!

luckydogg420 thanks again. I just got around to checking the connectors, it was loose. Working like a charm now.

#1086 2 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It's interesting reading the feedback on modes sometimes and to see peoples preferences. It seems as thought Iron Throne is well received of which I actually far prefer HOTK over IT when playing GOT. Me personally I would actually say that IT is one of my least fav end of the game wizard modes from all the ones I've been to. Just feels a bit to repetitive for me but it's good to see that I'm in the minority there. Still a great game for sure!

I agree in that I like HOTK more. But I really like IT. Reason Being is it's just a different change of pace. The music, animations, scoring, rules are all great and it's nothing like anything else in the game. Dwight did an amazing job on the rules from diversifying all the main modes on such a simple layout. WIC, WHC, BWMB, BFWMB, HOTK, IT...all different styles and different paced modes. IT, while repetitive, still has a challenge factor to it and still pumps your (my) energy and i like that the rules are easier than all the other modes; it's like...you did it, the throne is yours, now go enjoy ruling the seven kingdoms.

#1087 2 years ago

Is there any strategy to hand of the king? Meaning, are there certain houses I want to complete first?

The other day I scored 700 million on HOTK...not sure how I did that.

#1088 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is there any strategy to hand of the king? Meaning, are there certain houses I want to complete first?
The other day I scored 700 million on HOTK...not sure how I did that.

Tons of strategies to HOTK. I'll try to explain rules best i can:

Set 1: Hit all the white arrow shots.
white arrow shots are determined by which 4 houses you bring into HOTK. i.e. if you bring tyrell, one of the 4 shots will be the Tyrell targets - if you bring in Stark, then the stark ramp will be one of the 4 shots.
Note: Bringing in house Martell means you have to hit all 4 white shots twice before advancing to the next stage. And Baratheon makes it so it lights all 7 house shots instead of 4.

Still following...?

Complete Set: Ram will light, hit it to complete the first set.

<Bonus Round> If you bring house stark you get to play a scoring frenzy bonus round where all shots stay lit for 20 seconds. Best strat here is to cradle balls on left flipper and shoot center ramp over and over with right. after bonus round, you move onto the next set. And If you dont bring house stark, you immediately move on to the next set.

2nd set is exactly the same as the first. hit all white shots then ram to complete the set.

<play bonus round again if applicable>

3rd Set is exactly same.

<bonus round if applicable>

After completing the 3rd set, the ram lights for the super hurryup hotk jackpot which is worth a ton! i believe its the total of all the shots you made during the first 3 sets + bonus rounds.

BIG TIP: Bringing in house greyjoy reduces the # of sets needed to light the super hurryup jackpot. So instead of doing 3 complete sets, you now only have to do 2. Greyjoy is probably the best house to bring into HOTK as getting that super hurryup jackpot can equate to billions of points depending on multipliers.

Still following....?

It sounds complicated, but it becomes easier and easier to follow once you do it a few times. Keep in mind, multipliers play a huge factor in HOTK, especially if you get to the super hurryup jackpot.

Hope this helps. here's some examples, lets say you bring in:

Greyjoy, Lannister, Targaryan, Tyrell
Your 4 white arrow shots will be left loop (GJ), center ramp (lannister), Kickback shot (Targaryan), Tyrell (green targets). Hit those 4 shots and it will light the ram for the hurryup to complete the set. You only need to do that twice to light the super hurryup jackpot. Keep in mind, after hitting all 4 shots and you hit the ram to complete the set, the ram will light again for the super hurryup jackpot.

Greyjoy, Lannister, Baratheon, Tyrell:
All 7 shots will be lit white. Make all 7, then hit ram to complete the set. You only need to do that twice with these 4 houses to light the super hurryup jackpot.

Greyjoy, Lannister, Stark, Tyrell:
Your 4 white arrow shots will be left loop (GJ), Center ramp (lannister), right ramp (stark), green targets (Tyrell). Hit those 4 shots then ram to complete the set. Begin stark bonus round - shoot any white arrows for 20 seconds - each shot progressively increases scoring for the next + factor in multipliers. Note: Tyrell inlane stays lit during HOTK so repetitive center shot ramps continues to bump and maximize the combos multiplier. After bonus round do the set again + another bonus round to light the super hurryup jackpot.

Greyjoy, Lannister, Martel, Tyrell:
Your 4 white arrow shots will be Left loop, center ramp, right loop, green targets; but now, you'll have to shoot each of those twice to light the ram and complete the set. Do that twice to light super hurryup jackpot.

#1089 2 years ago

Wow. Great post! Thank you.

People cry for rules...not sure why more pinheads don't love this game.

You should do a YouTube video showing all the rules.

#1090 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Wow. Great post! Thank you.
People cry for rules...not sure why more pinheads don't love this game.

Totally agree! A lot of competitive players do like the game.

I think the rules in GOT are better than any other pin out there, even TWD. So many groundbreaking rules in GOT; from the multiplier system to the wizard modes to the scoring strategies to having the biggest jackpots and hurryups in any pin ever. And not just one special jackpot or hurry up, but multiple! Giving players variety and choices on how to progress. It's one of the main reasons my GOT has stuck around for 1 1/2 years+. AC/DC and TWD (2 of my other favorite pins) haven't lasted that long. And the other big factor, is I have FUN trying to achieve these jackpots and progression in GOT. On TWD and AC/DC, even though the adrenaline was high progressing through those pins, it wasn't always fun.

#1091 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think the rules in GOT are better than any other pin out there, even TWD.

I wouldn't necessarily say the GoT code is "better" than TWD, but it certainly offers more ways to approach the game strategy wise. There is no other game that even comes close.

#1092 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I wouldn't necessarily say the GoT code is "better" than TWD, but it certainly offers more ways to approach the game strategy wise. There is no other game that even comes close.

Yea, I should have clarified. Rules are better in GOT, but overall code is better in TWD.

#1093 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

You should do a YouTube video showing all the rules.

I might not have quite the rule knowledge of this game as SKB, but I'm definitely going to do a series of YT videos to showcase a walkthrough of this game. Keep in mind though, it will be a pro so won't quite be the same as premium LE code but I think it will be useful for all owners.

I plan to have it done by the end of the summer. Not quite satisfied with my camera setup yet.

#1094 2 years ago

Thanks for all the info! Any advice on getting to HOTK? Which house to choose and when to start the battles?

#1095 2 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Thanks for all the info! Any advice on getting to HOTK? Which house to choose and when to start the battles?

If you just want to get to HOTK, pick Greyjoy. Then go after Martell house, Lannister house, and Tyrell or stark house. Only need to complete three house battles as the game spots you Greyjoy house.

#1096 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ah so this is being discussed. I tried putting one in tonight. Powered up and access to the menu but nothing from the game. I assume the information from the node board is not communicating with the colordmd due to different format? Dmod

Lol now I have to change it back. I thought I saw someone had this up and running with gold colour selected.

#1097 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Ah so this is being discussed. I tried putting one in tonight. Powered up and access to the menu but nothing from the game. I assume the information from the node board is not communicating with the colordmd due to different format? Dmod
Lol now I have to change it back. I thought I saw someone had this up and running with gold colour selected.

Did you get the additional power board you have to buy from pinball life?

#1098 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did you get the additional power board you have to buy from pinball life?

I got mine from Mezelmods.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/game-of-thrones-pinball-mods/products/12v-power-tap-spike-system?variant=31545908936

#1100 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I have a colorDMD in my GotLE and its been working fine for months. I use an external power supply, but I don't think that's your issue as you can get the ColorDMD menus up and working. You have the small ribbon cable from the original DMD plugged into the ColorDMD?

Did you update the firmware to sigma 3.3? In the menus you have to set your display type to Spike. Care to post a picture of your setup?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 11.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 1585 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 32.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside