By Trekkie1978

1 year ago

Stats

• Started 1 year ago
  • 1,008 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by chuckwurt

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

Uploaded by jrio101
Uploaded by Bigbossfan
Uploaded by Bigbossfan
Uploaded by Trekkie1978 (PDF preview)
Uploaded by Frli002
Uploaded by Frli002
Uploaded by beatmaster
Uploaded by beatmaster
Uploaded by gweempose
Uploaded by gweempose

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

There are 1008 posts in topic. You are on page 20 of 21.
#951 1 month ago
Quoted from gweempose:

People claim the upper playfield kills the flow, but if you don't flip it only takes a couple more seconds for the ball to get back to the flipper?

I would say the LE/Prem has more flow. The right ramp takes you to a full size flipper a lot faster then the pro. Sure not the same flipper, but a full size flipper and you flipping much quicker then on the pro right ramp.

#952 1 month ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I argue that the pre/Le has just as much flow. The ramp on the pro travels all the way to the back corner of the Playfield. The pre/Le returns the ball sooner than the pro.

I've owned both versions and the ramp on the pro is much faster.

#953 1 month ago
Quoted from smassa:

I've owned both versions and the ramp on the pro is much faster.

Which version did you like better? Why?

If I had to guess, you're probably the only one to own both versions.

#954 1 month ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Which version did you like better? Why?
If I had to guess, you're probably the only one to own both versions.

Pro to me is by far the better game. Shots flow together much better and you don't have to deal with a lot of the quirkiness of the LE/Premium

#955 1 month ago

I have logged hours of play on both the Pro and LE and they are very different games.

The Pro is definitely faster but the LE has way more going on that is the one I own: it's much more interesting.

I am not sure I consider GOT a flow game in either version unlike (say) Demo-man: unless you're just looping a ramp you're asking for trouble taking shots on the fly.

#956 1 month ago
Quoted from pinballOsp:

I have logged hours of play on both the Pro and LE and they are very different games.
The Pro is definitely faster but the LE has way more going on that is the one I own: it's much more interesting.
I am not sure I consider GOT a flow game in either version unlike (say) Demo-man: unless you're just looping a ramp you're asking for trouble taking shots on the fly.

Well the LE is definitely not a flow game cause the orbits don't work as intended. Its still a decent game but you get less for more money as far as quality of play IMO.

#957 1 month ago
Quoted from smassa:

Well the LE is definitely not a flow game cause the orbits don't work as intended.

Yeah...but once you fix them?...

#958 1 month ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Most of us are playing Prem and LEs on location too. That's hurting the value imo as none of them in the tri state area of oh in and KY have working orbits and most have rams that never register. Sucks. I know the game is better than what I'm experiencing so it's frustrating to keep playing them.

#959 1 month ago
Quoted from pinballOsp:

Playing on the fly and keeping combo multipliers is the only way to play this pin. Love the flow and rules!

#960 1 month ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Still works like shit. So does the throne.

#961 1 month ago
Quoted from smassa:

You obviously haven't played one that was properly tweaked. The orbits work well on my game, both ways.

The one thing that someone can say that sucks about the LE that I have no counterargument to is how the upper lane inserts are completely obscured by the throne. This makes it a lot harder to increase the bonus multipliers.

#962 1 month ago

Not a huge deal but the right ramp on the Prem/LE is very underwhelming. A lot more fun to hit that shot on a Pro.

#963 1 month ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You obviously haven't played one that was properly tweaked. The orbits work well on my game, both ways.
The one thing that someone can say that sucks about the LE that I have no counterargument to is how the upper lane inserts are completely obscured by the throne. This makes it a lot harder to increase the bonus multipliers.

I've played 3 and they are iffy at best. Problem you get is by tweaking the orbit to help from shots to the left orbit effects the reliability of the right orbit shots working well and sticking in the mystery shot. I'm happy for those that like their LE/premium but to me there are too many negatives that come along with it that made the pro the no brained way to go.

#964 1 month ago
Quoted from smassa:

I've played 3 and they are iffy at best. Problem you get is by tweaking the orbit to help from shots to the left orbit effects the reliability of the right orbit shots working well and sticking in the mystery shot. I'm happy for those that like their LE/premium but to me there are too many negatives that come along with it that made the pro the no brained way to go.

Huh, my left orbit adjustments had zero effect on right orbit functions (enlarged mtg hole approach).

I did notice capgun's diverter option could affect right orbits if not properly fitted, or moved over time. I removed the diverter and went with the enlarge mtg hole approach. I consistently can hit 2-3 consecutive left orbits...left-left-left. Very nice.

#965 1 month ago
Quoted from markp99:

Huh, my left orbit adjustments had zero effect on right orbit functions (enlarged mtg hole approach).
I did notice capgun's diverter option could affect right orbits if not properly fitted, or moved over time. I removed the diverter and went with the enlarge mtg hole approach. I consistently can hit 2-3 consecutive left orbits...left-left-left. Very nice.

+1

With caps fix I did have some issues with the right lane. removed it and did the fix with drilling out the mounting bracket and I have smooth left orbits and perfect right orbits.

#966 1 month ago

My left and right orbits works perfectly. Throne works as it should. This is a game that MUST be tweaked, if not you get the faults of the game. Some people would rather bitch about it then try and fix it. Your loss.

#967 1 month ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

My left and right orbits works perfectly. Throne works as it should. This is a game that MUST be tweaked, if not you get the faults of the game. Some people would rather bitch about it then try and fix it. Your loss.

Truer words have never been spoken.

#968 1 month ago

One of my friends just left. He was playing GOT LE for about an hour.

I was telling him how people in the pinball community haven't taken a liking to the game...he was just shocked.

#969 1 month ago
Quoted from smassa:

I just realized you're a bitter pro owner who just realized he's missing half the game.

#970 1 month ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just realized you're a bitter pro owner who just realized he's missing half the game.

lol ya as a former LE owner I can tell you I miss nothing about it over the Pro. Another version where LE pricing is plummeting.

#971 1 month ago
Quoted from 85vett:

+1
With caps fix I did have some issues with the right lane. removed it and did the fix with drilling out the mounting bracket and I have smooth left orbits and perfect right orbits.

It's all about finding that sweet spot with the bracket and diverter. Mine works perfectly (with LOTS of adjustments) When I get back from deployment I might give the re-drill hole thing a shot. At least with my bracket I threw in a couple of other fixes like the spacers, throne cushion along with souvenir's.

#972 1 month ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

One of my friends just left. He was playing GOT LE for about an hour.
I was telling him how people in the pinball community haven't taken a liking to the game...he was just shocked.

These games destroy on route. I'm not surprised you friend liked it right away.

#973 1 month ago
Quoted from smassa:

lol ya as a former LE owner I can tell you I miss nothing about it over the Pro. Another version where LE pricing is plummeting.

But it sounds like you never really got it working the way it should. I can tell you that every time I play the pro, it feels like half the game is missing. And who cares about the price? I'm not in this hobby to make money off of the things that bring me joy.

#974 1 month ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

It's all about finding that sweet spot with the bracket and diverter. Mine works perfectly (with LOTS of adjustments) When I get back from deployment I might give the re-drill hole thing a shot. At least with my bracket I threw in a couple of other fixes like the spacers, throne cushion along with souvenir's.

Yeah...when are you coming back? Stay safe!

#975 1 month ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah...when are you coming back? Stay safe!

maybe in a month or so! knock on wood

#976 1 month ago

Fixed all this many many small issues with my GoT LE ... just sold the game
Good that I could resist on GB ... having fun with TH now, unboxed, 2 little things to fix ... pinball is full playable.

But back to topic:
CAPGUNTROOPER take care ! Come back well !!

2 weeks later
#978 11 days ago

My got premium aint coming on, after installing level for Shaker the node1 signaled for problem so i checked in diagnostics but could not make out what was wrong. After turning tha game of it now only comes to Stern pinball in the dmd and the game is black. Any ideas? I was looking for fuses but cant find any of them either.

IMG_0148 (resized).JPG

#979 11 days ago

Did you get a spike approved shaker? If not, you probably just blew your board.

memory lapses me at the moment but I believe they are the ones with the resistor. Could be visa versa though.

#980 11 days ago

LOL - it's ironic how many posts in the Premium/LE Club thread knock the Premium/LE versus the Pro. Shouldn't those comments be posted in a GoT Pro club thread?

Bottom line - the Premium/LE is definitely the better, more full featured game with one big issue ->>> the left orbit. If fixed properly, it's premium/LE all the way. If not fixed, then it's Pro all the way. Yes - that ONE issue sucks much of the fun/flow/excitement away from the game. There are many people that just haven't taken the time to really get that issue fixed, and if you play a Premium/LE game with a poor left orbit, it sucks.

#981 11 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Did you get a spike approved shaker? If not, you probably just blew your board.
memory lapses me at the moment but I believe they are the ones with the resistor. Could be visa versa though.

Yes its a Spike Shaker and it worked fine but Shaker to much so i got myself a levler and it was after installing that on the machine whent like this.

image (resized).jpg

#982 11 days ago
Quoted from Frli002:

Yes its a Spike Shaker and it worked fine but Shaker to much so i got myself a levler and it was after installing that on the machine whent like this.

You can not put a voltage regulator on spike shakers. It will pop node boards.

#983 11 days ago

Before it whent dead it was regering to node1 fail so i will get a new one of those.

#984 11 days ago
Quoted from T7:

and if you play a Premium/LE game with a poor left orbit, it sucks.

Or right orbit or right ramp or throne that doesn't hold the ball. Ram in common issue on both so I left that off. Haha.

Had to change my whole approach on a LE in the KY SCS because the right orbit didn't go around, left orbit didn't go around, hard shots to right ramp rejected, backhands to right ramp were impossible. I'm stunned I got 700 million one game (and lost).

#985 11 days ago
Quoted from Frli002:

Before it whent dead it was regering to node1 fail so i will get a new one of those.

You probably blew up your cabinet node board.

Where do you buy the shaker?

#986 11 days ago

From cointaker.

#987 11 days ago

So I was playing an LE a couple weeks ago and have a couple questions:

1. I was able to start WIC with stark even though it was not qualified yet. Threw me off on my shot patterns - This is not possible on pro. What gives? Bug?

2. Does the dragon kickback ever hold the ball like the pro, or is it a kick back only?

#988 11 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

1. I was able to start WIC with stark even though it was not qualified yet. Threw me off on my shot patterns - This is not possible on pro. What gives? Bug?
2. Does the dragon kickback ever hold the ball like the pro, or is it a kick back only?

I don't know about your first question, but it is definitely a kickback only on the premium/LE.

#989 11 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

1 - How many houses did you light for WIC? I believe it requires 4 houses. The bonus to using Stark, is higher points with WIC and longer lit shots to qualify for WIC.

#990 11 days ago
Quoted from Frli002:

From cointaker.

Better call up cointaker and order a replacement board.

I can't see Stern replacing the board under warranty.

Stern-SB184.pdf

#991 11 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

1. I've had this happen on Pro and LE. I always assumed a bug but if you make your other shots to iced lanes it does that sometimes with houses you still are trying to complete.

2. Never holds the ball (no mech for it). The times that it holds the ball in the pro are times the elevator (right orbit shot) sends the ball to the throne.

#992 10 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

1. I've had this happen on Pro and LE. I always assumed a bug but if you make your other shots to iced lanes it does that sometimes with houses you still are trying to complete.

Now I'm confused. Haha

The pro has never behaved incorrectly when dealing with WIC hurry ups and when they start. Not sure what SKB's issue was on a LE, but it sounds like he was just shooting shots and a hurry up started on one that wasn't even iced over? Or it was iced over and it was only the first or second time he had hit an iced over shot.

#993 10 days ago

I have a question about the Orbit fix. On my Game after a lot of adjustments I can do left or right orbit shots, but I can't make these shots backhand? Backhand the left Orbit shot lands always in the Bumpers . Is that possible on your games?

#994 10 days ago
Quoted from Asael:

I have a question about the Orbit fix. On my Game after a lot of adjustments I can do left or right orbit shots, but I can't make these shots backhand? Is that possible on your games?

The left orbit can be backhanded pretty easily. Normal backhand is a no from the right flipper.
The right only if you let the ball roll out a little, then tap to get it off the flipper slightly, and then backhand it.

NOTE: if you have your orbits working properly, both these techniques can make the complete orbit.

#995 10 days ago
Quoted from Asael:

I have a question about the Orbit fix. On my Game after a lot of adjustments I can do left or right orbit shots, but I can't make these shots backhand? Backhand the left Orbit shot lands always in the Bumpers . Is that possible on your games?

That's going to be game specific. It takes a clean backhand to make the orbit on a pro or Prem/LE. I've played some games that are harder than others. For instance, some games you can't/rarely can backhand the center ramp or right ramp (game at TPF last year for instance). If it's a clean and powerful shot it should make it. Also keep in mind, it is not supposed to go all the way across 100% of the time as well. I think some people get confused on this part thinking it still has issues. Unless you are in specific modes or combing a shot the orbit is not open for a full loop.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Now I'm confused. Haha
The pro has never behaved incorrectly when dealing with WIC hurry ups and when they start. Not sure what SKB's issue was on a LE, but it sounds like he was just shooting shots and a hurry up started on one that wasn't even iced over? Or it was iced over and it was only the first or second time he had hit an iced over shot.

I've had it happen a handfull of times on my LE at home. Pretty sure it happened on a pro that was on route to me as well. I can't confirm the code level though on that game. Pretty sure it's a bug either way since you should not be able to start a mode and WIC at the same time.

#996 10 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Pretty sure it's a bug either way since you should not be able to start a mode and WIC at the same time.

What specifically is happening to you? That's what I'm confused about. Sorry.

#997 10 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What specifically is happening to you? That's what I'm confused about. Sorry.

To clarify; I was playing as Tyrell. I think I had 2 or 3 houses qualified. I wanted to qualify stark as well so went for right ramp and it started WIC. When I completed the WIC, the right ramp went to white, not ice, and not green (for tyrell) and stark was not a selectable mode still.

To simplify more: playing as house tyrell. Right ramp shield is white, shoot right ramp - WIC started - completed WIC - right ramp went back to white - then I was able to shoot right ramp to qualify Stark.

I'm thinking it's a bug but not sure what triggered it and it happened twice in the handful of games I played on location. Perhaps this location game was running older code? And another pinsider had PM'd me recently asking how WIC rules worked on the pro as he had this same thing happen on an LE.

As for pro, I've had WIC start right away only with targaryan when I have one Shot left to start WIC and one shot left to qualify targaryan.

#998 10 days ago

Same experience as Eskaybee but I've also had it happen on the Martel loop.

Reason I also think it's a bug in both is the example he gave on the pro shouldn't happen either. You shoot targaryan to qualify the house but it should not start until you shoot the center ramp and select it.

Theirs a handful of bugs in the game that could use cleaning and this is one of those weird ones that should be on that list. I know Dwight is aware of it as I told him about it in a conversation he and I had about a year ago.

#999 10 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

As for pro, I've had WIC start right away only with targaryan when I have one Shot left to start WIC and one shot left to qualify targaryan.

That's because if the mystery or other stuff is lit at the pro dragon shot (where the game will hold the ball) you will get credit for two shots.

For instance. If mystery is lit, and you need two shot to qualify targaryean mode, shoot the dragon shot and the game will give you credit for two shots and light the mode.

Dwight might not mean for that to happen, but that's what is going on.

As far as that goofy behavior of the Martell shot and stark shot on the LE, I've never seen that on a pro.

#1000 10 days ago

I'm in! LE #180. Will probably have questions like the orbit fix once I get into it, but man it plays sweet. 4 bil first game!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 1008 posts in topic. You are on page 20 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.