Topic Stats

• 1,596 posts
  • 181 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 370 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200109_170841 (resized).jpg
game-of-thrones-castle-walls-prem_1024x1024 (resized).jpg
20191012_125211_HDR (resized).jpg
FB192438-0E5F-4D65-B343-AC1B8D76ED55 (resized).jpeg
BFTW.PNG
Mammoth.gif
IMG_20190810_191244 (resized).jpg
20190721_205205 (resized).jpg
20190719_224354 (resized).jpg
27164C79-0709-41D9-9A62-D64684B58DB8 (resized).jpeg
220AC03F-33FA-405C-A007-DDE390312104.gif
20190625_212249 (resized).jpg
20190625_211606 (resized).jpg
IMG_3142 (resized).jpg
IMG_0604 (resized).jpg
20190508_161327 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1596 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 32.
#851 3 years ago

Sorry, v1.34 = Whimsy. v1.29 skipped a couple digits too.

#852 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

I hope not!? My understanding of starting with Greyjoy is that all houses keep their reward, otherwise it is pointless to start with Greyjoy. The add-a-ball should also be active once reaching Iron Throne from Greyjoy. I hope I may achieve that once in my lifetime

I know that when I reached the Iron Throne via Greyjoy the button just gave me 'iron bank' -- unlike during all other multi balls.
But -- I am not sure what code version this was on. Clearly need to play Greyjoy again

#853 3 years ago

If the game only receives 1 more code update, then I'd like it to come after the show is finished. I'm in no rush to get a finished game when the story isn't finished yet.

I'd be disappointed if there's not a code update after the show finishes. I'm expecting the show to have a couple plot twists that might influence modes in the finished game.

#854 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

If the game only receives 1 more code update, then I'd like it to come after the show is finished. I'm in no rush to get a finished game when the story isn't finished yet.
I'd be disappointed if there's not a code update after the show finishes. I'm expecting the show to have a couple plot twists that might influence modes in the finished game.

Prepare to be disappointed.

#855 3 years ago

Club joined and what a amazing game, believe it or not I haven't watched a episode of GOT ever but loved the game play of this pinball.

image (resized).jpeg

#856 3 years ago

Couldn't afford the $500 stern topper, so I got a $10 one

20160925_111048 (resized).jpg

#857 3 years ago

I've got #12 and it's by far my favorite game. Put led speaker lights, battering ram, Raven, gear flipper bat covers, and wooden sign post mods. Such a great game.

#858 3 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

Couldn't afford the $500 stern topper, so I got a $10 one

Awesome!

#859 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballOsp:

I know that when I reached the Iron Throne via Greyjoy the button just gave me 'iron bank' -- unlike during all other multi balls.
But -- I am not sure what code version this was on. Clearly need to play Greyjoy again

Please do so and tell us what happens...I'm on latest code v1.29.
For as far gamecode, this is a Stern that has already very good code, couldn't be happier. I do not understand that many are complaining about bad / unfinished codes GOT is not appreciated for it as it deserves. To my humble opinion, GOT is the best game that Stern has released since Lotr.

Code can always be better, I would like to see equal value awards for all houses selected. I think the Martell reward is not in line with other rewards. But I may be wrong...still.

Anyway... I just love this game. My favorite Stern ever. Great job Steve and team!

#860 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

Please do so and tell us what happens...I'm on latest code v1.29.
For as far gamecode, this is a Stern that has already very good code, couldn't be happier. I do not understand that many are complaining about bad / unfinished codes GOT is not appreciated for it as it deserves. To my humble opinion, GOT is the best game that Stern has released since Lotr.
Code can always be better, I would like to see equal value awards for all houses selected. I think the Martell reward is not in line with other rewards. But I may be wrong...still.
Anyway... I just love this game. My favorite Stern ever. Great job Steve and team!

If you don't understand the idiosyncrasies of the code I can fully understand the code concerns. I was in that boat until I started trying to figure everything out and master it. After fully understanding what the game has to offer it really is impressive and allows for a lot of different ways to maximize your score. For instance (I hinted to it before in this thread), how many people know that at some point you can get half a billion (yes with a B not a M) per shot through a juiced spinner? Just did it last night from paying the spinner strategy with house tyrel. Normally I kill out at 300m a shot but I had a couple good MB's to help me build the spinner value. Getting my 4X and 5X going and the PF multipliers I was able to rack up a lot of points quickly.

As for Greyjoy. I could have sworn I used an add a ball in Iron Throne when playing it a couple days ago. I'll have to pay more attention and revert back if I can make it back there while playing as them.

#861 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

If you don't understand the idiosyncrasies of the code I can fully understand the code concerns. I was in that boat until I started trying to figure everything out and master it. After fully understanding what the game has to offer it really is impressive and allows for a lot of different ways to maximize your score. For instance (I hinted to it before in this thread), how many people know that at some point you can get half a billion (yes with a B not a M) per shot through a juiced spinner? Just did it last night from paying the spinner strategy with house tyrel. Normally I kill out at 300m a shot but I had a couple good MB's to help me build the spinner value. Getting my 4X and 5X going and the PF multipliers I was able to rack up a lot of points quickly.
As for Greyjoy. I could have sworn I used an add a ball in Iron Throne when playing it a couple days ago. I'll have to pay more attention and revert back if I can make it back there while playing as them.

Totally agree with this except the spinner value is only affected by the playfield multipliers and not the combo ones. The left orbit switch is affected by both, but the spinner is only affected by the playfield multipliers. Also getting 500 m per rip is amazing. I think my best rip was in the 350 million range.

#862 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Totally agree with this except the spinner value is only affected by the playfield multipliers and not the combo ones. The left orbit switch is affected by both, but the spinner is only affected by the playfield multipliers. Also getting 500 m per rip is amazing. I think my best tip was in the 350 million range.

How are you getting 500 million on the spinner?

#863 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Never seen 500 million, but 300 plus for sure. If you're running 5xplayfield and on level 4 spinner, I've been able to get 3-4 great rips on it for over 300 million a piece before the 5xtimer goes out.

Hard to really see how much you're getting if the ball goes into the pops cause the DMD cuts away from the spinner animation even though you're still getting points.

Here's a short video of the level 4 spinner at single value. You can see me get about 45 million on the second rip. With 5x playfield running that's 225 million.

#864 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Never seen 500 million, but 300 plus for sure. If you're running 5xplayfield and on level 4 spinner, I've been able to get 3-4 great rips on it for over 300 million a piece before the 5xtimer goes out.
Hard to really see how much you're getting if the ball goes into the pops cause the DMD cuts away from the spinner animation even though you're still getting points.

Next question, how do you get to level 4 spinner? I've seen the animations for level 1, but never realized what I did to get it.

Just more depth to the code that I didn't realize was there. Well done Dwight, well done.

#865 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Post 3595 here is where I started the experiment. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/72

Basically, every drop of the LOL target increases your spinner value. I got to that level by just focusing on drops during my MB's so I could keep building things.

Adding chart here for easy findings. ***points are x 1K.

f453d71693289517dda74abee1c8ba7652dc7cc9 (resized).jpg

#866 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Next question, how do you get to level 4 spinner? I've seen the animations for level 1, but never realized what I did to get it.
Just more depth to the code that I didn't realize was there. Well done Dwight, well done.

Drop targets. I think it even says it on the plastic above them. I believe maybe 9 sets gets you to level 4

#867 3 years ago

Also, when you drain you start back at level 1.

#868 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also, when you drain you start back at level 1.

Exactly. So if you get it up their and can live catch. Better take the points while they are out there. If I get to a point to where I've used my add a ball and get to HOTK I'll focus on the spinner until I drain.

#869 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Post 3595 here is where I started the experiment. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/72
Basically, every drop of the LOL target increases your spinner value. It's further increased by a set number of bonus X multipliers. I got to that level by just focusing on drops during my MB's so I could keep building things.
Adding chart here for easy findings.

Good chart. Basically in simple terms. On ball one, each time you complete a set of drops the spinner becomes more valuable. The spinner level maxed out at 4, but if you keep comoleting sets of drops the value of the spinner keeps rising. Not sure if there is a cap.

Then on ball 2, you're back to level one spinner, but the value per spin is much higher than what it was on ball one level one. 17k per spin as opposed to 2k per spin.

#870 3 years ago

Glass off test pretty much confirmed that the spinner basically maxes out at 3.8 million a spin. Takes about 20 bank completions during one ball to get there. That's like 1.5 billion on a good rip with 5x playfield running. Haha.

#871 3 years ago

Love the stern topper and will probaly get one later but this will do in the mean time.

image (resized).jpeg

#872 3 years ago

PSA - The manual has the right ramp listed as the left ramp... So if you ever need to order one look carefully!!!!

1 month later
#873 3 years ago

I'm officially in the club! I Played an LE at Pinlawyers house in Scottsdale a few days ago. Fell in love with it immediately. Looked online and saw one for sale nearby for a fair price. Picked it up this week.

Stripped to bare playfield
Cleaned, waxed, replaced all lower rubbers with translucent Titans
Fixed right eos so you can now back hand the right ramp with ease
Added shaker motor
Added Mcfarlane figures (build them, cut paper template for plastic mount, cut mounts, mount figures with E6000)

Back glass is signed by Steve Ritchie as a bonus

Took a few picks of the figures, also a few of entire playfield so you can see scale

This is an extraordinary game!

Toys link
amazon.com link »

20161105_121130 (resized).jpg
20161105_121442 (resized).jpg20161105_121122 (resized).jpg20161105_121505 (resized).jpg20161105_121113 (resized).jpg20161105_121429 (resized).jpg

20161105_123206 (resized).jpg

20161105_121410 (resized).jpg
20161105_121417 (resized).jpg
20161105_123201 (resized).jpg

20161104_221843 (resized).jpg

20161101_225527_001 (resized).jpg

#874 3 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Love the stern topper and will probaly get one later but this will do in the mean time.

How tall is that iron throne?

#875 3 years ago

While playing "Battle for the Wall" multiball today, it dawned on me just how cool some of the lighting effects are during it. They really did an amazing job with the code on this game!

#876 3 years ago

This is really an extraordinary game. Such a shame more people won't give it a chance.

#877 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

While playing "Battle for the Wall" multiball today, it dawned on me just how cool some of the lighting effects are during it. They really did an amazing job with the code on this game!

I love the lighting strobe effect in battle for the wall with the shaker going. .....it's just great.

#878 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

This is really an extraordinary game. Such a shame more people won't give it a chance.

Agreed. I stayed away because I had no interest in the show ... not smart, the game is amazing and, of course, the show is loved by millions.

Added Blue coin chutes, lighted blue flipper buttons and blue lane guides tonight

20161105_213059 (resized).jpg20161105_213111 (resized).jpg

#879 3 years ago

Taped it off and ran Meguiars fine cut #2, twice, then Meguiars mirror glaze #3, then waxed ... then played!

Pic 1 is start
Pic 2 is first pass with fine cut #2,
Pic 2B is second pass with fine cut #2
Pics (2) 3 is last pass with mirror glaze

Last pics are after waxing

20161106_193546 (resized).jpg20161106_193702 (resized).jpg20161106_193743 (resized).jpg20161106_194010 (resized).jpg20161106_193922 (resized).jpg20161106_194737 (resized).jpg

#880 3 years ago

Ordered and installed Beatmasters GOT pop caps. He has 2 (Targaryen & Stark) of the 3 designed (and I think is working on the 3rd)

Both fit with no mods other than using the longer screws that Beatmasters includes.

I think he did a wonderful job on these. They look and feel like high quality and replace a simply terrible plane Jane OEM part.

I've included a pic of where the vertical clear plastic piece would need to be trimmed to fit the 3rd pop cap when Beatmasters completes it. Would take no more than a minute to cut it.

I did remove the vertical plastic above the lower pop just to install ... once the pop cap is in, that vertical plastic installs right back no cutting no problem.

I also unscrewed the throne in order to access the second screw on the upper right pop. Easy 2 minute job, the put it back and tighten the 2 screw's that hold it. Again, the throne went back into position with no problem, no rubbing on new pop cap, plenty of clearance.

Only change to game besides looking much classier was that these are opaque and do not allow light through the top. Of course, the pop bumper body still transmits light through the body. Honestly it is not noticed in game play but I thought I'd mention it.

These are really nice, and I'm really pleased with how they look
The price is also very fair.

Highly Reccomended. (Thx Beatmasters for the "extra's" in the envelope!)
20161110_210401 (resized).jpg

20161110_210525 (resized).jpg20161110_210647 (resized).jpg20161110_210835 (resized).jpg

20161110_193642 (resized).jpg

#881 3 years ago

Wow. That's the first time that I've seen them installed. Think I'll have to order some caps for Christmas.

#882 3 years ago

Yeah, agreed, those look like a total step up from the originals!

#883 3 years ago

As Darth Vader said to Luke in Empire...Most impressive.

#884 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Ordered and installed Beatmasters GOT pop caps. He has 2 (Targaryen & Stark) of the 3 designed (and I think is working on the 3rd)
Both fit with no mods other than using the longer screws that Beatmasters includes.
I think he did a wonderful job on these. They look and feel like high quality and replace a simply terrible plane Jane OEM part.
I've included a pic of where the vertical clear plastic piece would need to be trimmed to fit the 3rd pop cap when Beatmasters completes it. Would take no more than a minute to cut it.
I did remove the vertical plastic above the lower pop just to install ... once the pop cap is in, that vertical plastic installs right back no cutting no problem.
I also unscrewed the throne in order to access the second screw on the upper right pop. Easy 2 minute job, the put it back and tighten the 2 screw's that hold it. Again, the throne went back into position with no problem, no rubbing on new pop cap, plenty of clearance.
Only change to game besides looking much classier was that these are opaque and do not allow light through the top. Of course, the pop bumper body still transmits light through the body. Honestly it is not noticed in game play but I thought I'd mention it.
These are really nice, and I'm really pleased with how they look
The price is also very fair.
Highly Reccomended. (Thx Beatmasters for the "extra's" in the envelope!)

thanks for the pics, i'm glad you like them.

***just want to add.

i don't have a ton of those, maybe good for about 7 sets or 20 caps, no idea when i can get more ready but not impossible.
there is 2 choices, stark or targaryen. so if anyone want 3 (a set) i suggest to match all 3 of them.
looks like it's not a problem to fit all 3 of them on a premium/le from what i can see.

i went with one on my pro, the one we can see the most. the other one is under the ramp so we can't really see it and the third one needs to be cut, about a 1/4 of it (getting my tools ready for that.

thanks, bob.

#886 3 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

thanks for the pics, i'm glad you like them.
***just want to add.
i don't have a ton of those, maybe good for about 7 sets or 20 caps, no idea when i can get more ready but not impossible.
there is 2 choices, stark or targaryen. so if anyone want 3 (a set) i suggest to match all 3 of them.
looks like it's not a problem to fit all 3 of them on a premium/le from what i can see.
i went with one on my pro, the one we can see the most. the other one is under the ramp so we can't really see it and the third one needs to be cut, about a 1/4 of it (getting my tools ready for that.
thanks, bob.

Do you have a website or do we just order through you?

#887 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Do you have a website or do we just order through you?

just shoot me a pm.

#888 3 years ago

Number 510 just unboxed.

20161110_202057 (resized).jpg

20161110_202106 (resized).jpg

#890 3 years ago

this is what the 3 bumper caps installed looks like (on a pro).

on the pro the one under the ramp needs to be cut.
on the Le/Premium looks like MT45 had no problem installing them.

those who contacted me will receive a pm shortly.
*** everything i have (in stock) are spoken for but if i have enough demand i might make another batch around or after the holidays.

thanks, bob.

GOT Bumper Caps (resized).JPG
GOT Bumper Caps2 (resized).JPG
GOT Bumper Caps3 (resized).JPG

#891 3 years ago

I think those pop bumper caps are awesome, but I do they they look a lot better on the pro than on the LE where you have the throne in that area.

#892 3 years ago

I just ordered 3 Stark caps and also some armor and inside decals for my premium. Can't wait to get them installed.

#893 3 years ago

I just ordered 3 Stark caps and also some armor and inside decals for my premium. Can't wait to get them installed.

lucky you we're early on the list.

*** no more all gone ***

i need at least 10 peoples to start another batch

#894 3 years ago

Does anybody know how the code works for when the left gate allows the ball access to the upper pf? I finally got around to moving my diverter forward a bit to fix the left orbit issue. Everything works fine, and my left gate works as well...but sometimes it allows the ball into the elevator, and sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't seem to let you in during an autofire, and sometimes I have right orbit shots that go completely around and sometimes not. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it. And, of course, there's so much crap going on in the back of the playfield that it's tough to see what's doing what, when.

Any insight into how your properly-behaving LEs and premiums behave on gate openings and elevator access would be greatly appreciated!

#895 3 years ago

might as well post them here too.
just having fun, door magnet.

door magnet hodor (resized).JPG

door magnet hodor2 (resized).JPG

#896 3 years ago

Once per ball you get a lift up to the upper Playfield, so if you soft plunge into the pops it will open the diverter and go up to the castle the next time the ball is shot up the right orbit.

Hit 8 gold targets and the diverter will open to lift the ball to the throne for mistery

It will open up for Battle for the wall multiball, sending it to the throne

It will open for extra ball, going to the throne

It will be closed making right orbit shots during most (or all) house battles.

.....I'm probably missing something.

#897 3 years ago

I'd like to know exactly when a left orbit shot goes all the way around and when it is diverted to the pops. It seems random, but I'm sure there is some logic to the rules.

#898 3 years ago

Once per ball you get a lift up to the upper Playfield, so if you soft plunge into the pops it will open the diverter and go up to the castle the next time the ball is shot up the right orbit.
Hit 8 gold targets and the diverter will open to lift the ball to the throne for mistery
It will open up for Battle for the wall multiball, sending it to the throne
It will open for extra ball, going to the throne
It will be closed making right orbit shots during most (or all) house battles.
.....I'm probably missing something.

Right...thanks! I was only talking about the lift to the playfield. Didn't realize that it was only once per ball. I think sometimes it hits the switch too fast and the gate doesn't lift in time, which is causing it to drop into the pops on a really fast plunge.

I'll keep an eye out to see if it's all behaving normally. The left orbit/diverter/elevator problems have turned me into a raving lunatic...now I don't know what is normal and what's not.

#899 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'd like to know exactly when a left orbit shot goes all the way around and when it is diverted to the pops. It seems random, but I'm sure there is some logic to the rules.

If the left orbit shot has a red combo arrow flashing on it it is supposed to loop all the way around.

If you're in Greyjoy, Baratheon, Martell (I think that's it) it will always loop around. Other than that, it should feed the pops.

#900 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If the left orbit shot has a red combo arrow flashing on it it is supposed to loop all the way around.
If you're in Greyjoy, Baratheon, Martell (I think that's it) it will always loop around. Other than that, it should feed the pops.

Thanks! That definitely helps.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 11.95
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
There are 1596 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 32.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside