Topic Stats

• 1,599 posts
  • 181 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 370 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200109_170841 (resized).jpg
game-of-thrones-castle-walls-prem_1024x1024 (resized).jpg
20191012_125211_HDR (resized).jpg
FB192438-0E5F-4D65-B343-AC1B8D76ED55 (resized).jpeg
BFTW.PNG
Mammoth.gif
IMG_20190810_191244 (resized).jpg
20190721_205205 (resized).jpg
20190719_224354 (resized).jpg
27164C79-0709-41D9-9A62-D64684B58DB8 (resized).jpeg
220AC03F-33FA-405C-A007-DDE390312104.gif
20190625_212249 (resized).jpg
20190625_211606 (resized).jpg
IMG_3142 (resized).jpg
IMG_0604 (resized).jpg
20190508_161327 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1599 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 32.
#801 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I had my left flipper freeze on me yesterday during Winter Has Come. It totally freaked me out. I thought my game was broken. It wasn't until I read the rulesheet today that I realized this is part of the software. Very cool.

Can you link to this rulesheet?

#803 3 years ago

Thank you sir! I think I've only gotten to Winter Has Come maybe twice and I didn't notice the freezing flipper, but I do notice that during multiball occasionally I'll have a flipper die if it gets hit with more than one ball at the same time when I'm initiating a flip. Is this a SAM thing, or an adjustment that needs to be done? I've never seen this before on any other pin.

And to add to the informal poll, I can backhand the right ramp from my right flipper easily.

#804 3 years ago

Besides backhanding the spinner, backhanding the right ramp is the easiest shot on my game. I have an LE.

#805 3 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I'll have a flipper die if it gets hit with more than one ball at the same time when I'm initiating a flip. Is this a SAM thing, or an adjustment that needs to be done? I've never seen this before on any other pin.

I'm hardly an expert on flippers, but it could be an issue with the EOS switch. Does the problem only happen with one flipper, or both?

#806 3 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

And to add to the informal poll, I can backhand the right ramp from my right flipper easily.

Quoted from kermit24:

Besides backhanding the spinner, backhanding the right ramp is the easiest shot on my game. I have an LE.

More evidence that suggests that the shot is supposed to be makeable. Given this fact, what is the best way to increase flipper strength? I can't imagine a game with less than 100 plays should require a flipper rebuild?

#807 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

More evidence that suggests that the shot is supposed to be makeable. Given this fact, what is the best way to increase flipper strength? I can't imagine a game with less than 100 plays should require a flipper rebuild?

Try changing the coil strength in the settings. Not sure which setting it is. Also, wax the ramp each time you wax the rest of the game.

Is the ball traveling up the ramp and just not making it all the way?

#808 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Try changing the coil strength in the settings. Not sure which setting it is. Also, wax the ramp each time you wax the rest of the game.

I thought this setting affected all the coils BUT the flippers. Is this not the case?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is the ball traveling up the ramp and just not making it all the way?

Yes. If I hit it just right, I can get it about 3/4 of the way up.

#809 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I thought this setting affected all the coils BUT the flippers. Is this not the case?

Yes. If I hit it just right, I can get it about 3/4 of the way up.

Good question on the coil strength. Not totally sure. I assumed it was all coils.

Maybe mess with your playfield pitch a bit and see if that helps.

#810 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I lifted up the playfield on my LE today with the intention of installing target splints on all the standups. To my surprise, the targets came from the factory with metal splints that fit into a groove in the mounting bracket. When did Stern switch to this new design?

Hmm... I'll have to check this out. Maybe I need to send a C&D to them instead of how things normally work with modders being the ones getting the C&D

Seriously though, I hope they finally did fix their design to keep them straight.

#811 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I can backhand the right ramp at first. It takes a clean shot but I can do it when desired. With that said, during my longer play session it gets harder and harder to hit as I play. Seems as though the flippers get a little weaker as they heat up and that little change makes it to where I can't make the ramp or it's real tough at some point.

#812 3 years ago
Quoted from tigerpin:

I have a premium and have always been able to backhand the right ramp. As someone said, one of the safest, most reliable shots in the game.

I can as well on my LE. I'm pretty confident Ritchie intended for that shot to be made by both flippers.

#813 3 years ago

I can backhand the right ramp from the right flipper pretty consistently on my LE. The maddening thing is when I try to make the shot from the left flipper and wind up hitting the ramp with too much speed. The ball bounces, hits the ramp plastic guard at the top, and either falls off the ramp or comes shooting straight back down it. Irritating because I hit the ramp with an accurate shot. This happening to others?

Last night I almost could not miss in my last game attempt, and achieved my best score yet: 2.1 billion. 6 2/3 houses complete. So close to Iron Throne Wizard mode I could taste it, but could not quite defeat Drogon!

#814 3 years ago

It's crazy how fast your score can soar when you have the right things stacked. Last night, I had less than 100M points. I locked two balls and then nailed the battering ram a bunch of times to get 4x playfield going. I locked the third ball and stacked Lannister and Tyrell. My multiball didn't even last that long, but when it ended I was shocked to see my score was over a billion.

I f***ing love this game!!!

#815 3 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

I can backhand the right ramp from the right flipper pretty consistently on my LE. The maddening thing is when I try to make the shot from the left flipper and wind up hitting the ramp with too much speed. The ball bounces, hits the ramp plastic guard at the top, and either falls off the ramp or comes shooting straight back down it. Irritating because I hit the ramp with an accurate shot. This happening to others?

I've never had this happen on my game, even when I nail the shot on the fly.

#816 3 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Last night I almost could not miss in my last game attempt, and achieved my best score yet: 2.1 billion. 6 2/3 houses complete. So close to Iron Throne Wizard mode I could taste it, but could not quite defeat Drogon!

Common issue. Just raise the height of the sneeze guard on top of it. Also, make sure that your drop target is level with the PF and not sticking up just a tad.

Quoted from gweempose:

It's crazy how fast your score can soar when you have the right things stacked. Last night, I had less than 100M points. I locked two balls and then nailed the battering ram a bunch of times to get 4x playfield going. I locked the third ball and stacked Lannister and Tyrell. My multiball didn't even last that long, but when it ended I was shocked to see my score was over a billion.

Big time. Another bonus to you getting to 4x before starting your MB is that you probably increased your wildfire too. That impacts your JP values and is something not talked a lot about. Increasing wildfire before going into your MB can also help you blow up a score.

#817 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Common issue. Just raise the height of the sneeze guard on top of it. Also, make sure that your drop target is level with the PF and not sticking up just a tad.

Big time. Another bonus to you getting to 4x before starting your MB is that you probably increased your wildfire too. That impacts your JP values and is something not talked a lot about. Increasing wildfire before going into your MB can also help you blow up a score.

Thanks for the adjustment tips! Probably just the sneeze guard. How would I adjust the drop target height if necessary?

I must admit that I am not actively taking wildfire build-up into account when I play, when I should be paying more attention to it. The battering ram can be a somewhat risky shot when it comes to keeping control of the ball, at least for me. That jackpot increase and playfield multiplier advancements given by the ram are worth the risk when going for score, especially when you have a few extra balls tucked away in waiting.

#818 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I need to try wailing on the ram before starting Blackwater! Thanks.

#819 3 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

I need to try wailing on the ram before starting Blackwater! Thanks.

Remember too. You're limited to 3x Max unless you've collected at least one sword.

#820 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Remember too. You're limited to 3x Max unless you've collected at least one sword.

Needle, Widow's Wail, Ice, Oathkeeper!

#821 3 years ago

Why does the up-post sometimes stop the ball even when "LOCK" isn't lit? For example, if I am Battling Stark and I keep shooting the ball up the left ramp, the post will stop the ball every other shot. Why doesn't it allow the ball to come straight through every time?

#822 3 years ago

Played the LE for a few hours last night.

How this pin has not caught on is beyond me. Great layout, great sound, and the ruleset is pretty much complete.

#823 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Played the LE for a few hours last night.
How this pin has not caught on is beyond me. Great layout, great sound, and the ruleset is pretty much complete.

It's yet another one of those titles that has been pre-judged by people before they understand the rules or have a lot of experience playing it. I will admit, it can be pretty darn confusing when you first approach it. I suspect that the game will gain in popularity as time goes by.

#824 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Why does the up-post sometimes stop the ball even when "LOCK" isn't lit? For example, if I am Battling Stark and I keep shooting the ball up the left ramp, the post will stop the ball every other shot. Why doesn't it allow the ball to come straight through every time?

It's the switches/code. Sometimes I think the ball comes up there so fast the game has to catch up on what has happened.

#825 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It's the switches/code. Sometimes I think the ball comes up there so fast the game has to catch up on what has happened.

I haven't noticed what gweempose has seen, but I think you are absolutely correct. I notice many times when balls are already locked and you shoot the left ramp that the game hesitates before releasing a ball. If they had a switch further up the trail like LOTR does this would probably help. The whole game seems slow at times. Progressing towards wall multiball animation shows up 5 seconds after the shot. I wonder if this is a limitation of the Spike system or just programming?

#826 3 years ago

One of my friends was over last night to play it (and ghostbusters).

The more they learn the rules, the more they like the game. What was nice, as he's playing it, I can sit back and learn the game better. Can't speak for others, but I find that I learn more about the rules by watching, than I do playing.

My prediction for this game: It will be just like Iron Man, where a few years, it catches on.

#827 3 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I haven't noticed what gweempose has seen, but I think you are absolutely correct. I notice many times when balls are already locked and you shoot the left ramp that the game hesitates before releasing a ball. If they had a switch further up the trail like LOTR does this would probably help. The whole game seems slow at times. Progressing towards wall multiball animation shows up 5 seconds after the shot. I wonder if this is a limitation of the Spike system or just programming?

I think it's definitely something Dwight Sullivan can fix in the code.

#828 3 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Thanks for the adjustment tips! Probably just the sneeze guard. How would I adjust the drop target height if necessary?

I don't recall but I thought their was an adjustment screw. I don't think it's a common problem. The common problem is the sneeze guard.

Quoted from gweempose:

It's yet another one of those titles that has been pre-judged by people before they understand the rules or have a lot of experience playing it. I will admit, it can be pretty darn confusing when you first approach it. I suspect that the game will gain in popularity as time goes by.

I'll add that their felt to be a lot of people that passed on it because of the artwork. I'll have to admit that in pictures it felt very bland to me but once I saw one in person I felt as though the artwork really fit well. Keep in mind I'm not a Game of Thrones watcher so theme wise it may not match the show (really have no clue) but for the medieval times timeline (how I view the game) it fits well to me.

#829 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'll add that their felt to be a lot of people that passed on it because of the artwork. I'll have to admit that in pictures it felt very bland to me but once I saw one in person I felt as though the artwork really fit well.

The pro is nothing special, but I find the premium/LE to be quite beautiful in its own way. I love how the color changing GI on the upper playfield is synced to the action. If you just look at the playfield art up close, it doesn't seem so great, but when you take a step back and look at the game as a whole, everything gels quite nicely.

Quoted from 85vett:

I'm not a Game of Thrones watcher so theme wise it may not match the show (really have no clue) but for the medieval times timeline (how I view the game) it fits well to me.

Theme integration is perhaps the one weak point in the game. I'm a huge GoT fan, and I was hoping for more. It's satisfactory, but it certainly doesn't immerse you into the theme the way a game like Tron does. This could be improved with a code update, so I guess there is still hope. The game could definitely could use some more sound clips from the show. I also would have greatly preferred custom animations instead of the downrezzed crappy video clips. Too bad GoT wasn't the first LCD game.

#830 3 years ago

Can someone please explain to me how the combo multipliers work. To me, this is the most confusing aspect of the rules.

#831 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Can someone please explain to me how the combo multipliers work. To me, this is the most confusing aspect of the rules.

I will give it a go:

So all 5 major shots count towards multipliers (orbits, ramps, and kickback). When one of those shots is made, it should make all other shots count towards a multiplier (signified by the flashing red arrows above each shield). All those flashing shots are now worth 2x instead of 1x. After hitting one of those shots, all other flashing shots are now worth 3x. Remember that this is your cap until you have collected a sword. One sword unlocks 4x, 2 swords unlocks 5x.

If the flashing arrows go out before you hit one, it goes back down to 1x. If you have a PF multiplier running, that gets multiplied by the combo x amount.

The DMD will also show you all five major shots at the bottom and what they are currently multiplied by. It will show the total of PF multiplier times the current combo multiplier. 25x is the max. 5x combo multiplier times 5x playfield.

I think that is right.

#832 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I will give it a go:
So all 5 major shots count towards multipliers (orbits, ramps, and kickback). When one of those shots is made, it should make all other shots count towards a multiplier (signified by the flashing red arrows above each shield). All those flashing shots are now worth 2x instead of 1x. After hitting one of those shots, all other flashing shots are now worth 3x. Remember that this is your cap until you have collected a sword. One sword unlocks 4x, 2 swords unlocks 5x.
If the flashing arrows go out before you hit one, it goes back down to 1x. If you have a PF multiplier running, that gets multiplied by the combo x amount.
The DMD will also show you all five major shots at the bottom and what they are currently multiplied by. It will show the total of PF multiplier times the current combo multiplier. 25x is the max. 5x combo multiplier times 5x playfield.
I think that is right.

Thanks! So when you cash in your multipliers using the action button, it takes the value of each shot, multiplies them by the shot's combo multiplier, and adds them all together?

#833 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks! So when you cash in your multipliers using the action button, it takes the value of each shot, multiplies them by the shot's combo multiplier, and adds them all together?

All the action does is cash in your iron back value and I believe takes it times any multiplied shot values you have. So if your shots are showing 25x, then you hit the action button, you cash in your iron bank and it's multiplied by 25.

But, that will also reset all multipliers back to 1x. Not advised unless you're draining. Always something more valuable to do (WIC hurry up, rip spinner, complete a mode quickly, cash in a mystery award, etc)

#834 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

All the action does is cash in your iron bank value and I believe takes it times any multiplied shot values you have. So if your shots are showing 25x, then you hit the action button, you cash in your iron bank and it's multiplied by 25.
But, that will also reset all multipliers back to 1x. Not advised unless you're draining. Always something more valuable to do (WIC hurry up, rip spinner, complete a mode quickly, cash in a mystery award, etc)

So if it never a good idea to cash in your iron bank until the end of the ball, why is it even offered as an option? Wouldn't it make more sense to just give you your iron bank value automatically as part of the end of the ball bonus?

#835 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So if it never a good idea to cash in your iron bank until the end of the ball, why is it even offered as an option? Wouldn't it make more sense to just give you your iron bank value automatically as part of the end of the ball bonus?

That's one of the things I have asked dwight to change. Have it give extra powers to each house, not just Martell. Or rework it to make someone want to cash in that iron bank at during a ball.

#836 3 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Same for me ... most rampshots ending in airballs.
I put some card under the ramp and longer screws to flaten it and also made a macrolon housing longer than the original but still not all clean shots will make it to the mini playfield.

You are not alone. I had so many issues on my GoT LE that I decided not to buy GB.

#837 3 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Can you link to this rulesheet?

I reached that as well last night. While flippers froze, I lost the remaining balls due to that. I thought they would be saved but unfortunately it was end of ball. Unfair no?

#838 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

I reached that as well last night. While flippers froze, I lost the remaining balls due to that. I thought they would be saved but unfortunately it was end of ball. Unfair no?

One flipper freezes. If you make shots they don't freeze. You can unfreeze the flipper by making the shot that is lit.

#839 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

One flipper freezes. If you make shots they don't freeze. You can unfreeze the flipper by making the shot that is lit.

You also get a short ball save once the flipper gets frozen.

#840 3 years ago

Anyway, I just played my best ever, 7.5 billion and Iron Throne played. what a blast! GOT kicks ass!!!

My strategy is still House Martell. Each time I select another I never come far in the game. Next challenge would be to start with House of Greyjoy. This must be the way to the ultimate game, or am I wrong?

#841 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

Anyway, I just played my best ever, 7.5 billion and Iron Throne played. what a blast! GOT kicks ass!!!
My strategy is still House Martell. Each time I select another I never come far in the game. Next challenge would be to start with House of Greyjoy. This must be the way to the ultimate game, or am I wrong?

You are absolutely right. Greyjoy is the way to monster scores and also the hardest route to IT

#842 3 years ago

Just found this thread and slowly making my way through it.

GOT is an amazing game, in fact, it's the most interesting game I've ever played in terms of scoring and strategy -- and it can easily get better by rebalancing the rest of the houses that are not Greyjoy or Martell
GOT is also by far my most favorite Stern game.

After initially being disappointed with the flow of the GOT LE as compared to the PRO I like it much better because of added variety in gameplay: plus, the PRO just feels kind of cheap, relatively speaking. I do admit though that an LE is much easier to gain control on.

For newer players I would suggest that they key to long ball times is learning to live catch balls coming out of both orbits. Especially the right orbit can be tricky because the ball can hit the top of the bumper. On location, I will often hit the right side of the machine OR move the machine slightly out of the way (if you watch Keith Elwin, he does the latter).

I have put in a lot of time learning better mechanics but it's been extremely rewarding -- something I can not say for the latest Stern release :/

#843 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You are absolutely right. Greyjoy is the way to monster scores and also the hardest route to IT

The only really stupid thing about getting to the Iron Throne with Greyjoy is you don't get the add-a-ball like with Martell. That potentially makes Iron Throne last twice as long which can be incredibly valuable.

#844 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballOsp:

The only really stupid thing about getting to the Iron Throne with Greyjoy is you don't get the add-a-ball like with Martell. That potentially makes Iron Throne last twice as long which can be incredibly valuable.

That shouldn't be. You have the Martell power so you get one add a ball per ball. Maybe you used yours before you made it to IT?

Also. Stark and Tyrell are also very good house's to pick. Monster scores can be had with each.

#845 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballOsp:

I hope not!? My understanding of starting with Greyjoy is that all houses keep their reward, otherwise it is pointless to start with Greyjoy. The add-a-ball should also be active once reaching Iron Throne from Greyjoy. I hope I may achieve that once in my lifetime

#846 3 years ago

I keep clicking the GoT SW update page, expecting to see v1.34, but v1.29 persists.

http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-game-of-thrones-premium

Common Dwight, finish it it up and let it go!

#847 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I keep clicking the GoT SW update page, expecting to see v1.34, but v1.29 persists.
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-game-of-thrones-premium
Common Dwight, finish it it up and let it go!

Why would the next code version be 1.34?

#848 3 years ago

Wait what??? There is new code?

#849 3 years ago

When the ball is plunged on my game, it sometimes gets jammed up as it hits the right orbit. It's like it is getting squeezed between the inner and outer ball guides. This happens more often from the auto plunger than the manual plunger. I'm thinking I may need to slightly bend the inner ball guide in a bit. Has anyone else experienced this?

#850 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Wait what??? There is new code?

No. he was just saying he is refreshing the code page on stern hoping for new code. I was just curious why he chose version 1.34 as the next code number.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
There are 1599 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 32.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside