Topic Stats

• 1,596 posts
  • 181 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 370 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200109_170841 (resized).jpg
game-of-thrones-castle-walls-prem_1024x1024 (resized).jpg
20191012_125211_HDR (resized).jpg
FB192438-0E5F-4D65-B343-AC1B8D76ED55 (resized).jpeg
BFTW.PNG
Mammoth.gif
IMG_20190810_191244 (resized).jpg
20190721_205205 (resized).jpg
20190719_224354 (resized).jpg
27164C79-0709-41D9-9A62-D64684B58DB8 (resized).jpeg
220AC03F-33FA-405C-A007-DDE390312104.gif
20190625_212249 (resized).jpg
20190625_211606 (resized).jpg
IMG_3142 (resized).jpg
IMG_0604 (resized).jpg
20190508_161327 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1596 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 32.
#751 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

So im having a small issue with my new LE. When the ball is trying to get up into the upper not so mini PF, it takes between 4-8 tries before it makes it. Usually goes into ball search because it takes so long. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make the proper adjustments?
Thanks

Mine would make the playfield, but struggled with the shot to the throne habitrail. See post #719 above.

#752 3 years ago

This is one of those no brainer mods. Why didn't it ship with these?

20160822_225757 (resized).jpg

#753 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Looks great. This game also should have shipped with a shaker motor and red start button.

#754 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

looks great, where did you get the gold "coin shoots" Did you paint them?

Thanks,
Brian

#755 3 years ago

Hey guys - update on the Throne VUK issue I was having. After mesing with this thing for literally hours, I called tech support and they sent me a new switch. No - wasn't thjat easy and I didn't expect that to be the problem since it tested just fine. I called them back and they spoke to engineering who confirmed that there is apparently a newer "chute" - the metal piece that leads down tot he VUK from the playfield. It is shorter and redisigned apparently. They are sending me one, but after spending quite a bit of time looking down into the VUK - it was clear that the chute was my issue. Even though it was not in the way, the tolerance is so tight with the switch that it was essentially lifting a side of the ball just enough to disengage it from the switch and prevent it from sitting in the VUK hole. So while I am waiting for the new one to try, I decided to try something myself and shortened the existing chute. Here are a couple of pics of how I cut it. Just before the bend. I of course filed it nice and smooth. It now sits perfectly just over the VUK and guides the ball right. So far every, and I do mean every, ball that has been shot in has worked appropriately either to the upf as designed, or to the throne on the first attempt. Not saying this is everyone's fix, but it definitely appears to have fixed mine. I also managed to install the pingraffix decal pinblades. I had them print both sides the same but reversed because my wife (it's hers) din't want the wolf on there lol. She didn't think it went with the LE theme. Pics below as well.

29253856275_393a500dea_c (resized).jpg28965699830_aebe0483ca_c (resized).jpg29219641146_a0833a4517_c (resized).jpg28630705874_2f7b7bb077_c (resized).jpg28630704854_227d027bf9_c (resized).jpg29175197631_b249bbf44d_c (resized).jpg

#756 3 years ago

Glad you got it fixed!

They must have had enough complaints to make a change. Interesting, when I called them a month ago to see if they had heard of issues with the VUK making it to the throne habitrail they said they hadn't. I called back to tell them that bending my "chute" up fixed my issue.

#757 3 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Glad you got it fixed!
They must have had enough complaints to make a change. Interesting, when I called them a month ago to see if they had heard of issues with the VUK making it to the throne habitrail they said they hadn't. I called back to tell them that bending my "chute" up fixed my issue.

Very interesting. I'll post pics when I get the new piece. Bending the chute mostly fixed the throne issue but then the switch wouldn't register. No amount of adjusting could get it working. Now it works like a champ!

Thanks for all the help.

#758 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

looks great, where did you get the gold "coin shoots" Did you paint them?
Thanks,
Brian

My buddy gave them to me. I believe he got them from Pinball Refinery. I don't think they had many... I would send a note to Steve

#759 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Looks great. This game also should have shipped with a shaker motor and red start button.

I am pretty sure the flipper buttons were red because on the original design the color behind the "fire and blood" on the armor was red. They changed the letters to gold, but left the buttons red

#760 3 years ago

Last night, in 1 game, I got Blackwater Multiball, Wall Multiball, Castle Multiball, WIC Multiball, and Hodor Multiball...and I did not complete any houses either.

#761 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Last night, in 1 game, I got Blackwater Multiball, Wall Multiball, Castle Multiball, WIC Multiball, and Hodor Multiball...and I did not complete any houses either.

Hodor multiball? Please tell me that's like "D'oh" frenzy in TSPP!

#762 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is there any other Multiballs in the code? Just wondering since next game i want to buy is a GOT Le/pre.

#763 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Is there any other Multiballs in the code? Just wondering since next game i want to buy is a GOT Le/pre.

Hand of the King has a multi ball.

I don't know if the Iron Throne has a multiball, haven't gotten that far into the game yet. I'd imagine it does.

This is a great game. I really have no idea why more people in the community haven't taken a liking to it yet. My non pinhead friends love playing it. Shoots great. Probably the best launch code for recent machines. As Dwight develops the code more, it's only going to get better.

When you get it, make sure to get the spinner and sword lock decals.

#764 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

This is a great game. I really have no idea why more people in the community haven't taken a liking to it yet.

It's complicated, fast, and unforgiving. We've played it in league and it's just not intuitive enough to know what to shoot for. It's got a rather sharp learning curve.

#765 3 years ago

Yes - Iron Throne is a multi ball. After each round you get an add a ball as well.

Hodor Multi ball? I haven't seen that one. Can you elaborate or are you pulling our chain?

#766 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Can you elaborate or are you pulling our chain?

Midnight multiball - if you set your game's internal clock, it starts at midnight if you are in a game. Hodor is "mentioned" in this mode.

#767 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Midnight multiball - if you set your game's internal clock, it starts at midnight if you are in a game. Hodor is "mentioned" in this mode.

First time I experienced Hodor multi ball, I thought the SPIKE system took a crap. Only to be pleasantly surprised.

#768 3 years ago

Still new to the game, however

Tarygaryen +BWMB+sub+shaker= happy!

Does it get any better?

1 week later
#769 3 years ago

Hey guys! I'm strongly considering joining the club with a low play LE. Before I commit to the game, however, I wanted to check to see if all of the problems that people were having with their games have been resolved. I know there were issues with the orbit divertor, VUK, throne, etc .... Can all of these things be tweaked so that the game functions like it is supposed to? I love the game, but I'd hate to pay so much money for a machine that will be frustrating to maintain. Is there anything else I should be aware of before taking the plunge?

#770 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Hey guys! I'm strongly considering joining the club with a low play LE. Before I commit to the game, however, I wanted to check to see if all of the problems that people were having with their games have been resolved. I know there were issues with the orbit divertor, VUK, throne, etc .... Can all of these things be tweaked so that the game functions like it is supposed to? I love the game, but I'd hate to pay so much money for a machine that will be frustrating to maintain. Is there anything else I should be aware of before taking the plunge?

Play test the machine first. Not every machine has issues (ie - mine).

Make sure you to get sword and spinner decals for it too.

#771 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I know there were issues with the orbit divertor, VUK, throne, etc

I was able to tweak the orbit diverter so that my orbit shots work regularly. Not all games are affected.
My VUK has been problem free.
The ball falling out of the the throne can be fixed by slightly moving the wire form that drops the ball in.
My single drop target in front of the ramp is finicky, but just needs an adjustment.

Quoted from gweempose:

Can all of these things be tweaked so that the game functions like it is supposed to?

Yes, my game has been problem free for well over 1000 games, I'm getting ready to do my 2nd tear down and cleaning.

#772 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

Still new to the game, however
Tarygaryen +BWMB+sub+shaker= happy!
Does it get any better?

Baratheon + BWMB is pretty badass too.

#773 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

All problems are tweakable. There is nothing on GOT premium/LE that can't be ironed out. My premium has close to 1000 games and I play it everyday. I've never had a node board fail. My elevator issues are 90% solved. It ALWAYS kicks to the throne on the first try and very rarely falls out of the throne.It ALWAYS kicks to the upper playfield on the second or third try(rarely on the first). All of the shots work fine and rarely have I even had to adjust a switch. Never had even a single lamp or flasher fail. As for your last question, yes. You need to be aware that all your other games will take a back burner to GOT for a long time!

#775 3 years ago

Just joined the club yesterday. The game is playing great for the most part. The former owner tweaked the orbit diverter by moving it slightly, and solid left orbit shots consistently sail all the way around and come out the right orbit. Occasionally, a right orbit shot that is supposed to go into the scoop dribbles out the left orbit. Fortunately, this doesn't happen often. The other issue is that the ball will sometimes fall off the throne. I'd say this happens about 25% of the time. I also noticed that there doesn't seem to be much pop bumper action on this game. Is this the case with everyone's game, or do I need to take a closer look at that area? Other than that, the game appears to be functioning perfectly. I now need to familiarize myself with the Premium/LE specific rules.

I have to say, the game is absolutely stunning to look at, especially with mirror blades! I'm generally not a big fan of toppers, but this is one of the nicest and best integrated ones I can think of ...

GoT #2 (resized).JPG

GoT #1 (resized).JPG

#776 3 years ago

Why haven't I been made aware of this club.......lol, this thread will keep me busy in-between my missions LE #311 checking in

#777 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Occasionally, a right orbit shot that is supposed to go into the scoop dribbles out the left orbit. Fortunately, this doesn't happen often. The other issue is that the ball will sometimes fall off the throne. I'd say this happens about 25% of the time.

2 things you can do with this.
- first try to loosen the trail to the throne at both bolts. Push the right side up and the left side down when tightening things up. This effectively lowers the slope so slows the ball down. This fixed mine and I no longer get bounce outs.
- second thing to try is to add a "speed bump" into the trail. People have done that by putting a post rubber on one of the cross braces of the trail.

Quoted from gweempose:

I also noticed that there doesn't seem to be much pop bumper action on this game. Is this the case with everyone's game, or do I need to take a closer look at that area?

I don't get a whole lot of action either compared to some of my other games. This happened when I removed the rubbers from the post above the lanes (assuming the previous owner did this) as the ball doesn't feel to well to the triggers of the pops. Making them a bit more sensitive now would probably help but I actually like the smaller amount of action.

#778 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

2 things you can do with this.
- first try to loosen the trail to the throne at both bolts. Push the right side up and the left side down when tightening things up. This effectively lowers the slope so slows the ball down. This fixed mine and I no longer get bounce outs.
- second thing to try is to add a "speed bump" into the trail. People have done that by putting a post rubber on one of the cross braces of the trail.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll give them a try and report back.

#779 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll give them a try and report back.

I just had mine apart, looking for one of the sling flashers that fell out and got launched by a ball before I realized what happened (don't get me started). I bent my habitrail down so that it was closer to the throne. Less of a drop for the ball. Seems to have helped, but until I get a few more games in I won't know for sure.

For full disclosure I already told Gweempose that I have some black adhesive backed "craft" foam stuck on the front of the throne to help dampen the force from when it drops.

#780 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Just joined the club yesterday. The game is playing great for the most part. The former owner tweaked the orbit diverter by moving it slightly, and solid left orbit shots consistently sail all the way around and come out the right orbit. Occasionally, a right orbit shot that is supposed to go into the scoop dribbles out the left orbit. Fortunately, this doesn't happen often. The other issue is that the ball will sometimes fall off the throne. I'd say this happens about 25% of the time. I also noticed that there doesn't seem to be much pop bumper action on this game. Is this the case with everyone's game, or do I need to take a closer look at that area? Other than that, the game appears to be functioning perfectly. I now need to familiarize myself with the Premium/LE specific rules.
I have to say, the game is absolutely stunning to look at, especially with mirror blades! I'm generally not a big fan of toppers, but this is one of the nicest and best integrated ones I can think of ...

Is the topper integrated to the current code? I remember reading that it had issues. Are those all ironed out?

#781 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is the topper integrated to the current code? I remember reading that it had issues. Are those all ironed out?

Yes and no, For houses when lit up on play field they are but there is no attract dragon sounds like in the Facebook video they showed along with other little things. Then again I might have missed an update since my deployment and am out of the loop.

#782 3 years ago

Does the dragon topper animate when the playfield dragon is active during gameplay?

#783 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Does the dragon topper animate when the playfield dragon is active during gameplay?

Yes

#785 3 years ago

I lifted up the playfield on my LE today with the intention of installing target splints on all the standups. To my surprise, the targets came from the factory with metal splints that fit into a groove in the mounting bracket. When did Stern switch to this new design?

#786 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

try to loosen the trail to the throne at both bolts. Push the right side up and the left side down when tightening things up. This effectively lowers the slope so slows the ball down. This fixed mine and I no longer get bounce outs.

FYI, I adjusted the habitrail using this method. The ball still occasionally falls off the throne, but it happens less often than before.

#787 3 years ago

What do you guys think about the shaker in this game? Does it add a lot to the overall experience? Also, any word on ColorDMD support?

#788 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

What do you guys think about the shaker in this game? Does it add a lot to the overall experience? Also, any word on ColorDMD support?

Color dmd would be awesome! Shaker is great! When you hit the kickback and the shaker and kickback go off, awesome. Plus the dragon flapping is synced with the shaker. Overall, I love the shaker integration in it.

#789 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Color DMD sigma works in it. No way it gets full color until at least a year from now.

Shaker is pretty sweet. Accents the game nicely. During dragon modes, multiballl, the house modes, etc. It's worth it for sure.

#790 3 years ago

Thanks! I'll definitely add the shaker. Is this all I need?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3710

I notice it doesn't come with a control board. Is that board already built into the Spike games?

#792 3 years ago

Can you guys backhand the right ramp from a cradle? I can't on my game. The best I can do is about 3/4 of the way up. I can backhand the left ramp, but the shot has to be absolutely perfect.

#793 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Can you guys backhand the right ramp from a cradle? I can't on my game. The best I can do is about 3/4 of the way up. I can backhand the left ramp, but the shot has to be absolutely perfect.

Do you have a pro or prem/LE? Much harder to backhand the right ramp on a prem but it should be doable.

#794 3 years ago

Easiest reliable shot to make om my LE, from the left flipper the possible rebound of the stand-ups is certain death

#795 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do you have a pro or prem/LE? Much harder to backhand the right ramp on a prem but it should be doable.

I have an LE, and I feel that the flippers may be slightly weaker than they are supposed to be. It doesn't affect gameplay in a huge way, but if others are able to consistently backhand the right ramp, then it's a situation I should probably address. For the record, my game is level and at approx. 6.5 degrees.

#796 3 years ago

I cannot backhand the right ramp from right flipper on my LE. Very snappy flippers.

#797 3 years ago

I have a premium and have always been able to backhand the right ramp. As someone said, one of the safest, most reliable shots in the game.

#798 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I cannot backhand the right ramp from right flipper on my LE. Very snappy flippers.

Quoted from tigerpin:

I have a premium and have always been able to backhand the right ramp. As someone said, one of the safest, most reliable shots in the game.

Now I'm more confused than ever. Are you supposed to be able to backhand it or not?

#799 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Now I'm more confused than ever. Are you supposed to be able to backhand it or not?

Every game is different. On my premium I can backhand the right ramp. But it gets harder and harder as the game gets dirty. After cleaning and waxing the shot always becomes much easier.

#800 3 years ago

I had my left flipper freeze on me yesterday during Winter Has Come. It totally freaked me out. I thought my game was broken. It wasn't until I read the rulesheet today that I realized this is part of the software. Very cool.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Union City, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 11.95
There are 1596 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 32.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside