IMG_2001 (resized).png
gt2 (resized).JPG
gt1 (resized).JPG
GT (resized).JPG
IMG_0556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 45.
#701 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

Thanks Nashua for the tip I looked up there but never thought there were any sling switches
I bended the leaf a little and now its OK!
BTW, do you happen to know what triggers the crow bird sounds?

It's the small switch right below the lock targets. Should have a small rubber ring around it. Right above the right outlane post.

#702 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Anyone with any powder coated armor on the Premium?
Thinking of a light blue, white might be too much.
If anyone has pictures to share of a GOT Premium with powder coating that would be great!

The Stark Armor (sold by Stern) seems to fit the premium really well. Have you looked into it?

#703 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It's the small switch right below the lock targets. Should have a small rubber ring around it. Right above the right outlane post.

I was always wondering what that switch was used for! lol

#704 7 years ago

The LE's/premiums don't have a skill shot, correct? There really isn't any reason to use the plunger that I can see.

#705 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

The LE's/premiums don't have a skill shot, correct? There really isn't any reason to use the plunger that I can see.

Correct no skill shot. However you always want to use the plunger so that you and short plunge and take advantsge of the the playfield not being validated and get free shots to the LOL targets and the lock targets.

#706 7 years ago

Yes, I would agree that if your not using the plunger to short plunge on the premium/LE you are leaving points on the table. For the reasons that Chuck stated and free shots to the Dragon shot, PLUS: The first auto plunge will go directly to the upper playfield. You don't want to be batting the ball around the upper playfield while your ball saver is running out. The next time you lock a ball, the next ball is plunged directly to the upper, where you can work on completing it.

#707 7 years ago

Anyone know how to fix the dang throne elevator nopt being able to get the ball up and to the throne? Tried tightening the screws to the chite, added a washer between the top two mounting screws of the coil on the back of the head board - they were poking through. Unfortunately, the bottom ones are poking through as well and I don't know how to get to them without taking off a lot of pieces. I also added washers to the screws that mount the chute in order to hopefully align it better. Still taking three to four attempts routinely to get up there. That is better than it was originally, but still not how it should be. Also, how do you stop the ball from falling off of the throne? Sometimes it whips down so fast it drops down and then falls off. Is there a cushion for the throne or something?

#708 7 years ago

Look back at my older posts for help with the elevator and the throne dribble-out.

#709 7 years ago

Thanks. I'll try the post speedbump. But I have tried your fix for the vuk and it still has issues. Anyone have any thoughts?

#710 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Have you added washers under the screw heads for the VUK screws? The screws are just a tad too long and can interfere with the ball. This might be an easy thing to check.

I just went through taking the upper playfield and the "elevator"off. I did add some washers to the gate solenoid, but after I was done I thought about it. There is no way for a ball to hit those screws if they are sticking in the chute. They are close to the corners to where a ball would hit the side of the chute before it would hit a screw. I adjusted the diverter so that it fit tighter against the rail. I adjusted one of my upper playfield targets, but the leaf switch didn't have enough gap so I ended up taking it back off and adjusting it again. I'm getting pretty good at taking off the playfield now.

I'm wondering if the gate is not retracting fully on the mystery shot. Whatever it is it's bullshit that it's happening.

#711 7 years ago

At Pintastic this weekend, Steve Ritchie spoke volumes about the GoT left orbit debacle - with no words.

During his 2:30 seminar, someone asked Steve to comment on his favorite pinball shots (#1 - AC/DC Bell). At the end of that discussion, Steve noted how disappointed he was with how the whole left orbit thing on GoT was resolved. He finished with, "I won't say any more about that." Then, after a slight pause, "I can't say any more about that."

I guess we all know it was a Stern decision not to fix the issue, beyond Steve Ritchie's control. There was small satisfaction to hear that from the designer himself.

I wanted to catch Steve off line and let him know that my left orbit is working just fine with a couple very simple adjustments, but I figured he'd had enough on this topic, and let him enjoy the many friendly greetings he deserved.

#712 7 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Thanks. I'll try the post speedbump. But I have tried your fix for the vuk and it still has issues. Anyone have any thoughts?

Try this thread, mine works great with this fix.

#714 7 years ago

The only problem that I've had with my premium is the single drop target staying up. I've adjusted it a couple times, but never got it just right.

Does anyone have any pointers?

#715 7 years ago

I tried adjusting the elevator and nothing was working. I thought I had found a fix by bending the small ramp from the diverter to the VUK down a little bit. Right after that it shot the ball out 5-6 times consistently. Got it all back together and it's still having trouble. I'm wondering if it's not software related.

I'm going to call Stern tomorrow and see what they have to say.

#716 7 years ago

Spoke with Chaz at Stern. He said they have had a few VUK's where the roll pin has worked loose and caused issues. That will be the first thing I check, but I'm betting that's not an issue since it will fire correctly at times. I'm going to do a factory reset tonight (I installed factory settings, not a factory reset), and if that doesn't work I'm going to swap node boards to see if the board is having issues that drives the VUK. I'll let you know what I come up with. Next step will be swapping the coil with another one of the same specifications.

#717 7 years ago

Does any one else run into an issue where you light lock 2, you shoot and lock ball 2, you pass on choose your fight, and then instead of kicking out a new ball the game releases the ball you just locked? From then on the game plays like you have two balls locked but only one is on the wire ramp/sword lock.

With no 3rd lock light, If you shoot the ball that was released incorrectly from the sword lock, it just locks it as Lock 2 and then a new ball gets kicked out of the shooter lane.

I've had this happen a few times and just wondering how common it is.

#718 7 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Does any one else run into an issue where you light lock 2, you shoot and lock ball 2, you pass on shoot your fight, and then instead of kicking out a new ball the game releases the ball you just locked? From then on the game plays like you have two balls locked but only one is on the wire ramp/sword lock.

I have had this happen, but not this:

Quoted from Goalie:

With no 3rd lock light, If you shoot the ball that was released incorrectly from the sword lock, it just locks it as Lock 2 and then a new ball gets kicked out of the shooter lane.

#719 7 years ago

It's working now, working a little too well at times. Reset the pin to factory, swapped the node boards, but what got it working was adjusting the ramp to the VUK. I took it all off to take a look at it, nothing looked out of place. Put it back in, and bent the ramp up a bit. Popping like a champ now. I had to adjust the switch and bend it up a bit to get it to consistently register when a ball was in place. Now it's popping so well that it has bounced out of the throne a couple of times. May have to add a speed bump to the habitrail.

#720 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

May have to add a speed bump to the habitrail.

Or, pad/dampen the landing zone on the throne. Capguntrooper had sent out nicely cut sticky-back pads to apply to the base of the throne where the ball lands. I've only had 1 or 2 unexpected bounce outs in several hundred plays.

Might be worth asking if he has more of these available, else maybe you can make something similar yourself.

#721 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

May have to add a speed bump to the habitrail.

This seems to be the easiest DIY fix.

#722 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Or, pad/dampen the landing zone on the throne. Capguntrooper had sent out nicely cut sticky-back pads to apply to the base of the throne where the ball lands. I've only had 1 or 2 unexpected bounce outs in several hundred plays.
Might be worth asking if he has more of these available, else maybe you can make something similar yourself.

Ahhhh...I have some sheets of sticky backed black foam somewhere around here. A doughnut of that would work. Thanks for the suggestion.

#723 7 years ago

Picked up a premium a week or so ago. Loving it! I saw some inside-art side panels (vinyl) that stern sells. What are opinions on those? Are there better-looking panels our there?

#724 7 years ago

Where is the setting that makes left orbits go into the pops? I'm on 1.29. I went through all of the standard and GOT adjustments and couldn't find it.

#725 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Where is the setting that makes left orbits go into the pops? I'm on 1.29. I went through all of the standard and GOT adjustments and couldn't find it.

Feature adj 6. Set disable left orbits to NO.

#726 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Feature adj 6. Set disable left orbits to NO.

D'oh! I'm on v. 1.26!

#727 7 years ago

Haha. Then I'm not surprised you couldn't find it.

#728 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

A doughnut of that would work.

More a horseshoe shape to permit the throne eject mechanism to function.

#729 7 years ago

Possible silly question for you experts. Sometimes two "flipper selectable" playfield lights can light up above the bumpers / throne area. They seem kind of like the old style "skill shot" thingies from the Bally/Williams days. Since there are no "lanes" that I can see up there, what function/targets do these serve, i.e., what are you trying to "hit" up there that can be "selected" with the flippers?

#730 7 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Possible silly question for you experts. Sometimes two "flipper selectable" playfield lights can light up above the bumpers / throne area. They seem kind of like the old style "skill shot" thingies from the Bally/Williams days. Since there are no "lanes" that I can see up there, what function/targets do these serve, i.e., what are you trying to "hit" up there that can be "selected" with the flippers?

I'm no expert, but there are two inserts that say "Castle" and "Black". Lighting them both increases the bonus multiplier by 1.

#731 7 years ago

There are 2 in-lanes up there and they behave as you would expect in relation to the inserts and flipper toggles. They're just obscured by the ramps & throne.

1 week later
#732 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

It's working now, working a little too well at times. Reset the pin to factory, swapped the node boards, but what got it working was adjusting the ramp to the VUK. I took it all off to take a look at it, nothing looked out of place. Put it back in, and bent the ramp up a bit. Popping like a champ now. I had to adjust the switch and bend it up a bit to get it to consistently register when a ball was in place. Now it's popping so well that it has bounced out of the throne a couple of times. May have to add a speed bump to the habitrail.

Are you talking about the ramp from the VUK to the throne? If so, how did you adjust it? I am having the exact same issue and I have tried just about everything I have read.

#733 7 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Are you talking about the ramp from the VUK to the throne? If so, how did you adjust it? I am having the exact same issue and I have tried just about everything I have read.

Yes, the little ramp from the diverter to the VUK. I ended up bending mine up a little bit. Maybe 1/8 to 1/4"? I suspect it wasn't allowing it to sit flush on the VUK. Give it a try, hope it works for you.

#734 7 years ago

Still a little confused. The diverter is underneath upper playfield - correct? If so, it's not the one from the VUK to the Throne itself. I haven't had the upper playfield off so is there another ramp underneath it leading to the VUK?

#735 7 years ago

Yeah, we're talking about two different diverters. I'm talking about the one that is behind the pop bumpers. There's s little ramp that goes down to the VUK. Try bending it up a little.

#736 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Yeah, we're talking about two different diverters. I'm talking about the one that is behind the pop bumpers. There's s little ramp that goes down to the VUK. Try bending it up a little.

Thanks! I'll definitely try that. Do you have to remove the upper playfield first?

#737 7 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Thanks! I'll definitely try that. Do you have to remove the upper playfield first?

No, you can easily get to it if you pull the playfield all the way up and remove the VUK assembly. If I remember correctly, it's maybe 4 screws and one nut to get the VUK assembly loose, very easy job. The ramp is held on by two screws, but you can push up on it at that point without loosening the screws. You could also try loosening the two screws to move the ramp around a bit, but I think that bending it up fixed my issue.

1 week later
#738 7 years ago

I am about at my wits end with this throne VUK!!

No consistency - have tried every trick in the book - and now the switch is working but not registering. I have had the vuk out about a dozen times now trying to adjust the switch just right and it will work for a few and then it won't. This part was actually working perfectly before I started trying to get the vuk to work right.

When I launch the ball it just sits in the vuk until it goes into ball search and tries to push it up finally to the throne. That takes three times by the way because it still won't go all the way up.

Dewey - when you said you adjusted that ramp with the two screws up, were you talking about pushing up towards the playfield?

Can anyone take a pic down inside the vuk so I can see how that switch should be adjusted? It's almost as if the switch is not long enough to stick out enough for the ball to catch it. Obviously that can't be right since it worked before I futzed with it.

#739 7 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Dewey - when you said you adjusted that ramp with the two screws up, were you talking about pushing up towards the playfield?

Correct. I bent mine up 1/8-1/4" and then had to bend the switch arm up about the same for it to register. I hope you get it working, it sucks when you sit there watching the ball repeatedly not make the throne ramp and then time out.

#740 7 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

I am about at my wits end with this throne VUK!!
No consistency - have tried every trick in the book - and now the switch is working but not registering. I have had the vuk out about a dozen times now trying to adjust the switch just right and it will work for a few and then it won't. This part was actually working perfectly before I started trying to get the vuk to work right.
When I launch the ball it just sits in the vuk until it goes into ball search and tries to push it up finally to the throne. That takes three times by the way because it still won't go all the way up.
Can anyone take a pic down inside the vuk so I can see how that switch should be adjusted? It's almost as if the switch is not long enough to stick out enough for the ball to catch it. Obviously that can't be right since it worked before I futzed with it.

Not sure about the switch issues but for the VUK have you tried this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-if-thrones-leprem-elevator-fix

Mine has worked since day one using this fix.

#741 7 years ago

Ok - still no luck. And now I am getting more and more pissed off. Been extremely patient, bent the switch every which way I can and no luck. You are correct, in my opinion, that the small steel ramp has a lot to do with whether or not the ball makes it to the throne. When I pushed it up some, the ball will now make the throne on the first attempt most of the time...in test mode....

The problem is that damn switch. When the ball is in the VUK, the switch should show active, unfortunately, mine is not. The switch seems to actuate just fine if I push on the lever. However, when installed in the game it won't actuate. I know this is likely an adjustment of the lever. But I can tell you I have tried every adjustment I can think of and it doesn't work. I have gotten it to where if I drop the ball down the vuk it will momentarily actuate, but the lever does not stay pushed down. In other words, with a ball in the vuk, in switch test mode, I should see the vuk switch active -I don't. It's almost as if the lever is just too short. I have been it up to try and engage on the ball, but I can't bend it any higher.

Right now when I start a game, and shoot the ball into the vuk at the start of the game, it doesn't do anything. It sits in there until it goes into ball search and then shoots it up to the throne. The good news is that it makes it to the throne consistently, the bad news is it doesn't shoot it automatically to the UPF like it should and used to. Anyone have any ideas?

#742 7 years ago

Sounds like you have a switch problem.

#743 7 years ago

I am finally a member of this club! Just got my LE, #442/700 and installed the latest software. This is my first new pin, and I am loving most everything about it: The light show, the depth of game play, the callouts, the music, the shot selection, the upper playfield, etc... I keep discovering new things and new strategies with every play. Highly recommended pin for those who enjoy the show or just enjoy a great pinball game, but I guess I don't need to tell you guys that.

Best game so far set this morning: 1,435,236,200 as Stark. Had a real good Wall Multiball and Winter Has Come, but stalled again at 3 houses completed.

Looking forward to adding a topper and some protective and decorative mods next.

#744 7 years ago

Current lineup in my game room: Transformers LE, Batman Forever, Star Trek LE, GOT LE, Iron Man VE, Spidey VE, Ghostbusters LE (just got ghostbusters this week and my KISS LE is at a friend's house).

The 2 that get the most play by far by friends who come over, are Star Trek and GOT. My friends tell me that those 2 games are just the total package.

#745 7 years ago

Recently joined the club. The decision was tuff but in the end I just liked the LE artwork better. Both fantastic!!
#229 LE
Celebrating with a heady

20160813_191015_(resized).jpg20160813_191015_(resized).jpg

#746 7 years ago

Pickup the metal sword plate decal and the spinner decal.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-throneslittle-modsticker-for-the-sword-metal-plate

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-spinner-decals-for-sale#post-3292937

These fit the machine so perfectly, that everyone who plays mine think they are factory installed.

#747 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Sounds like you have a switch problem.

I concur. I have replaced the switch and adjusted it for literally hours. No luck. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

#748 7 years ago

So im having a small issue with my new LE. When the ball is trying to get up into the upper not so mini PF, it takes between 4-8 tries before it makes it. Usually goes into ball search because it takes so long. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make the proper adjustments?
Thanks

#749 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

So im having a small issue with my new LE. When the ball is trying to get up into the upper not so mini PF, it takes between 4-8 tries before it makes it. Usually goes into ball search because it takes so long. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make the proper adjustments?
Thanks

You can try this:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-if-thrones-leprem-elevator-fix

#750 7 years ago

Thanks, i searched for a thread like this but didnt find anything.

Thank you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-and-bloodgame-of-thrones-premiumle-club/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.