Topic Stats

• 1,585 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 days ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 369 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

game-of-thrones-castle-walls-prem_1024x1024 (resized).jpg
20191012_125211_HDR (resized).jpg
FB192438-0E5F-4D65-B343-AC1B8D76ED55 (resized).jpeg
BFTW.PNG
Mammoth.gif
IMG_20190810_191244 (resized).jpg
20190721_205205 (resized).jpg
20190719_224354 (resized).jpg
27164C79-0709-41D9-9A62-D64684B58DB8 (resized).jpeg
220AC03F-33FA-405C-A007-DDE390312104.gif
20190625_212249 (resized).jpg
20190625_211606 (resized).jpg
IMG_3142 (resized).jpg
IMG_0604 (resized).jpg
20190508_161327 (resized).jpg
E9B880FC-CD16-4F5D-A9D9-521DACA1DE35 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1585 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 32.
#651 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Does this GI flicker when the flipper buttons are pressed happening on all of the GOTLE's? Has any buddy found a fix for this?

#652 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

What is the shield diverter fix?

Fixes the left orbit always dropping to the pops.

#653 3 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Cliffy has one of those now cool. I thought only capguntrooper was making theses.

#654 3 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Not all machines need that fix. Play your machine first before installing it.

My machine plays perfectly...I'm assuming it wasn't built on a Monday.

#655 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Cliffy has one of those now cool. I thought only capguntrooper was making theses.

Same mod I think. Cap gave the design to Cliffy so they could sell them while he was away on service.

#656 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

My machine plays perfectly...I'm assuming it wasn't built on a Monday.

Thanks. Will definitely do that. What number is yours?

#657 3 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Thanks. Will definitely do that. What number is yours?

I don't think the number has any bearing, just luck of the draw.

#658 3 years ago

Could someone please post a link to the Cliffy mod. I don't see it on his site. Thanks!

#659 3 years ago

So stupid me....I set my game up in December, but never perfectly leveled it. Figure almost 7 months of playing on a machine not perfectly leveled left to right. Saturday, I had some help, got the game perfectly leveled. Since then, I've been putting up over a billion every time now.

A new strategy I've incorporated is to get all the houses lit before I start completing them. I haven't played enough with this strategy to determine if it's a good or bad way to play.

#660 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Yes, remove the inlane rubbers first as described in the Left Orbit Fix thread and test. (replace with coil sleeves cut to length & heat shrink sleeve).

If you do install the diverter fix, you should note the left-right position of the mod can produce different results. Too far left or too far right will still fail left orbits, or then start affecting the right orbits. It may take a couple re-positionings to get it perfect.

I had it dialed-in for a bit, but then noticed I was missing a lot of right orbit shots to the throne - the diverter fix was causing the ball to bounce past the elevator. I removed the mod, then performed the enlarged diverter bracket hole fix. I am now getting very very good left orbits, and zero missed right elevator shots with the diverter removed.

I've actually hit 3 successive Left orbit shots (Left-Left-Left) from the right flipper - nice and smooth all the way around - several times. This week I actually hit FOUR left orbits in a row. Perfect@ without the diverter mod!

Good luck!

#661 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I've actually hit 3 successive Left orbit shots (Left-Left-Left) from the right flipper - nice and smooth all the way around - several times. This week I actually hit FOUR left orbits in a row. Perfect@ without the diverter mod!
Good luck!

I hate you.

1 week later
#662 3 years ago

Just picked up my new LE. Any advice? I love the game. Been playing non stop for a few weeks.

#663 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbmathews:

Just picked up my new LE. Any advice? I love the game. Been playing non stop for a few weeks.

Set the clock on the game and get the sword lock sticker.

#664 3 years ago

What do you mean set the clock on the game?

#665 3 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

What do you mean set the clock on the game?

In the settings, you can set the date and time.

Set the time and start a game right before midnight.

#666 3 years ago

Hey guys - my LE was just delivered today. Still setting it up, but noticed what appears to be a dollar bill validator cable in the coin box. Do I need to connect this, or is it only as it would seem - not needed unless I'm running a DBA? Thanks!

#667 3 years ago

Jeez...would you just text me? You don't connect it. Just leave it in the box.

#668 3 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Hey guys - my LE was just delivered today. Still setting it up, but noticed what appears to be a dollar bill validator cable in the coin box. Do I need to connect this, or is it only as it would seem - not needed unless I'm running a DBA? Thanks!

Just leave it there.

What number did you get?

#669 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Jeez...would you just text me? You don't connect it. Just leave it in the box.

Lol - Yep - that would have definitely been easier! Thanks brother!

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Just leave it there.
What number did you get?

Number 464!

#670 3 years ago

This game is awesome! Only slightly irritating thing is that I installed a Red Tremor shaker motor - which I like - but which my wife does not. Figured I would just turn it off and on as needed in the settings. Turns out that turning it off in the settings, does not turn it off....

Not sure why. Would be nice if Stern could fix that. For now I guess I'll just unplug it as needed from inside the coin door.

#671 3 years ago

For whatever reason, it seems like the flippers are much louder on my LE than normal. Is there a way that the upper playfield flippers won't fire if the ball isn't detected up there? I played TWD after GoT, and it was way quieter. Although it has two less flippers.

#672 3 years ago

Somebody already answered this but for the life of me I can not find it. In the beginning of Martel mode what is he saying? I know it is something like you don't get a name like that -----you rang? What is he saying in the middle.

#673 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Somebody already answered this but for the life of me I can not find it. In the beginning of Martel mode what is he saying? I know it is something like you don't get a name like that -----you rang? What is he saying in the middle.

I thought it was ... 'The red viper, you don't get a name like that unless you're deadly, right?' ... Could be wrong

#674 3 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

I thought it was ... 'The red viper, you don't get a name like that unless you're deadly, right?' ... Could be wrong

Or you could be very right.

#675 3 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

'The red viper, you don't get a name like that unless you're deadly, right?' ... Could be wrong

Right Except I think the first part is "Red Viper of dorn" right? I honestly had no clue what the last part was. Haha

#676 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Or you could be very right.

Cool thanks guys.

#678 3 years ago

Ah cool, I just pulled up that episode (about 40:30). I didn't realize that was Tyrion saying that, always thought it was the Viper describing himself.

1 week later
#679 3 years ago

Wow, it's been quiet here. I'm on vacation this week near Panama City, found a Pro to play. I don't know if it was just luck, but my scores were generally better than at home on my LE. I started HOTK on my 2nd game, but I muffed it and ended up with around 700M. The Stark ramp *seems* easier to make, but the dragon shot (kickback) seemed harder. Fun game, but I'm still happy that I sprung for an LE.

#680 3 years ago

My VUK now won't shoot the ball to the habitrail for the iron throne now. It fires repeatedly and will finally make it after the 10th try or so but the mystery is timed out by then. Looks like I'll be doing some tweaking Monday. Guess I'll be tweaking the diverter gate then.

#681 3 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

My VUK now won't shoot the ball to the habitrail for the iron throne now. It fires repeatedly and will finally make it after the 10th try or so but the mystery is timed out by then. Looks like I'll be doing some tweaking Monday. Guess I'll be tweaking the diverter gate then.

I don't think the diverter will affect the kick to the Throne. It is not engaged at that time. Unless it is not being held out of the way properly by the springs, I would think you have some other issue. Mr. Schlarb have any suggestions?

#682 3 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Have you added washers under the screw heads for the VUK screws? The screws are just a tad too long and can interfere with the ball. This might be an easy thing to check.

#683 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Have you added washers under the screw heads for the VUK screws? The screws are just a tad too long and can interfere with the ball. This might be an easy thing to check.

I'm the second owner. I don't know what the previous owner did, but he said he didn't have any orbit issues so I'm guessing nothing since the orbit shots don't work correctly. I'll take it apart this weekend and see what it looks like back there.

#684 3 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

My VUK now won't shoot the ball to the habitrail for the iron throne now. It fires repeatedly and will finally make it after the 10th try or so but the mystery is timed out by then.

Your problem is the angle of the chute. Try tightening the bolts that secure the chute to the backboard. If that makes it worse, try loosening them.

#685 3 years ago

Hey guys - having a problem on my GOTLE with the Castle Black kick back. It does not seem to be working. It worked the last time I played it but now will not. If I go into tests, it fires perfectly. In a game, however, when I launch a ball up there, it just rolls back - no kick back engagement at all. Any thoughts on what this might be. Might start a new thread, but I figured there would be more expertise on the GOT threads. Wondering if the shaker shook something loose....

#686 3 years ago

The pitch on your game is probably too high. The ball starts rolling out before the kickback hits it.

#687 3 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

The pitch on your game is probably too high. The ball starts rolling out before the kickback hits it.

Can almost guarantee this is not the problem. The game has been set up for two weeks and working perfectly until today. Additionally, I removed the glass and rolled the ball up myself. It's definitely getting up there to the kick back.

#688 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Which screws are we talking about? The ones under the playfield that mount the Vuk to the playfield? Mine is doing this too. Takes a bunch of kicks to finally get it up the habit trail and by then the mode is over...

#689 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

#690 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Your problem is the angle of the chute. Try tightening the bolts that secure the chute to the backboard. If that makes it worse, try loosening them.

It turns out I had the coil pulse strength set to high. I turned it to normal and it's working fine now. I set it to high when it was taking two tries to get the ball off the iron throne, and thought I had it set back to normal. It must have been rattling around in the chute.

Edit: Nope. I got one good launch out of it and then it's acting up again.

#691 3 years ago

I fiddled with mine a lot before I realized that if the ball hits the sides of the chute at all on the way up, it won't make it. It took a lot of screwing around with the angles to get mine right, but it's 100% now.

#692 3 years ago

Hello everyone
Since last friday I'm a proud new GoT-Premium owner.
This is also my first real pinball machine and as you might imagine I'm mostly just struggling to keep the ball in play without much strategy but I am having a blast so far I guess in a couple of years I might be able to compete with some of your scores...

I did read through this and the GotKicksAss-Thread already and got a lot of great information.
I still have 2 questions you might be able to help me with:

What does the "Coil Pulse Power"-Setting affect?
I feel it's a bit quieter on weak but I might be imagining this.
Would you recommend leaving this on normal or is it just personal preference?
(I'm playing in an apartment so I guess the quieter the better)

Also I realized that half-pressing the flipper-buttons will only flip the lower 2 flippers while pressing the buttons fully will flip all 4 together. Is this normal?

#693 3 years ago
Quoted from gridspace:

Hello everyone
This is also my first real pinball machine and as you might imagine I'm mostly just struggling to keep the ball in play without much strategy but I am having a blast so far I guess in a couple of years I might be able to compete with some of your scores...
I did read through this and the GotKicksAss-Thread already and got a lot of great information.
Also I realized that half-pressing the flipper-buttons will only flip the lower 2 flippers while pressing the buttons fully will flip all 4 together. Is this normal?

Half pressing action is not only normal, it is a skill you can develop. During MB it can be used to flip the top while leaving a ball trapped at the bottom. It is referred to as "Stage Flipping"

I recommend leaving coil power at normal. It's use is primarily there for a low line voltage situation where setting it to high power might be needed to overcome low line conditions. I can see where setting it to weak might make the game quieter, but your flippers may not be strong enough to fully enjoy the game.

I have some friends who have pins in their apartment and they can't even play at all if their neighbors are home. Bummer.

#694 3 years ago
Quoted from gridspace:

Hello everyone

Congratulations!I'm in a similar boat as you--only game I own right now and still struggle to make a game last longer than a few minutes.

I didn't know about the "half press" flipper buttons--I'll try that on mine. That would be a nice feature it if only activated the lower flippers, since it would probably help prolong the life of the uppers. Coil pulse power can make things like flipppers "pulse" more powerfully, which can help things like getting shots up ramps. But it can also lead to stronger hits that might damage parts, and I would guess that over the lifetime of a pin it's probably not good for it. I've tried using it over the past few days and it seems to make a difference in terms of flipper shots, but I would probably get similar results with coil power at normal and adjusting the pitch and maybe adding superbands to the flippers.

#695 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Half pressing action is not only normal, it is a skill you can develop. During MB it can be used to flip the top while leaving a ball trapped at the bottom. It is referred to as "Stage Flipping"
I recommend leaving coil power at normal. It's use is primarily there for a low line voltage situation where setting it to high power might be needed to overcome low line conditions. I can see where setting it to weak might make the game quieter, but your flippers may not be strong enough to fully enjoy the game.

"Stage Flipping" sounds interesting although probably a bit too advanced for me a this point.
I guess I'll leave the coil power on normal then. It's not a huge difference in noise and so far nobody complained.
I did ask the neighbors below about it and while they said the heard some noise they weren't bothered about it.
Let's hope it stays that way.

Quoted from raisindot:

Congratulations!I'm in a similar boat as you--only game I own right now and still struggle to make a game last longer than a few minutes.

I did have about 4 games over 100m but also a lot of "2-5m drain drain drain"-games

#696 3 years ago

Hi all,

Does anyone know where switch ''up left 10pt'' is located? It is gives 30 points and triggers an (unknown) sound. It reacts/ registers on vibrations, like when the flipper is used. See picture, it is the switch representation left of the +.
Thanks in advance!

IMG_4034_(resized).JPG

#697 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

Hi all,
Does anyone know where switch ''up left 10pt'' is located? It is gives 30 points and triggers an (unknown) sound. It reacts/ registers on vibrations, like when the flipper is used. See picture, it is the switch representation left of the +.
Thanks in advance!

That would be SW #85, upper playfield - the left vertical sling. I have adjusted its neighbor, SW #86, twice already to avoid unwanted switch hits on any sort of vibration. I just pushed-back the switch a bit with my fingertip, but still registers ball hits properly.

#698 3 years ago
Quoted from gridspace:

"Stage Flipping" sounds interesting although probably a bit too advanced for me a this point.
I guess I'll leave the coil power on normal then. It's not a huge difference in noise and so far nobody complained.
I did ask the neighbors below about it and while they said the heard some noise they weren't bothered about it.
Let's hope it stays that way.

I did have about 4 games over 100m but also a lot of "2-5m drain drain drain"-games

I did restore pulse to normal but raised the front legs a little to decrease the pitch a bit. This definitely helped in terms of enabling more shots to get to the upper playfield around the orbits, and slowed it down just a tad, which, given my increasingly deteriorating reflexes, is a good thing.

Still hasn't improved my scores, tho'. Alas!

#699 3 years ago

Anyone with any powder coated armor on the Premium?

Thinking of a light blue, white might be too much.

If anyone has pictures to share of a GOT Premium with powder coating that would be great!

#700 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

That would be SW #85, upper playfield - the left vertical sling. I have adjusted its neighbor, SW #86, twice already to avoid unwanted switch hits on any sort of vibration. I just pushed-back the switch a bit with my fingertip, but still registers ball hits properly

Thanks Nashua for the tip I looked up there but never thought there were any sling switches
I bended the leaf a little and now its OK!

BTW, do you happen to know what triggers the crow bird sounds?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 26.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 11.95
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 1585 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 32.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside