Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by davewtf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

back_building_(1024x768).jpg
    main_pf_(1024x768).jpg
    flippers_(1024x791).jpg
    backglass.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ruairidh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

another new toy for me, i'm quite excited. just another couple of minor adjustments and a cleaning/waxing, this thing will be looping like a champ.

backglass.JPGbackglass.JPG flippers_(1024x791).jpgflippers_(1024x791).jpg main_pf_(1024x768).jpgmain_pf_(1024x768).jpg back_building_(1024x768).jpgback_building_(1024x768).jpg

#15 12 years ago

FIRE! wasn't something I was planning on picking up or even on my radar. Another guy in the area whom I'd not met called me up via CL and said, I got a few pins I'm willing to part with, and that was it. He told me about the game and a little bit about his history in the hobby and a couple days later I was looking at this machine, going hrm... it's pretty cool...

Several reasons on why i grabbed it - the plastics are almost brand new, with the old heat melted ones to spare that can possibly be salvaged. Everything works, the PF and BG are immaculate, new Pinscore display and LED's throughout. A couple of minor things need to be tweaked, a flipper coil sleeve needs to be replaced, but the only thing really necessary is novus and wax.

Overall, I'm quite happy with this acquisition and the game is quite enjoyable, with some features my other games don't have. No pop bumpers, the fire plug stopper which you have to learn how to use, and the "kick back" ramps that shoot it STDM. It already plays quite fast and can be either stop and go or flowing, depending on play style. It's seems like it's going to have sustainable playing interest and I would recommend adding one to a collection of several machines, but I think there are other games around the same price range which would be a much better choice if there was only the room for two or three.

#19 12 years ago

ssathre - that was the whole deal sealer for me - for the price i paid, i'd never find another one in this kind of condition, short of driving 14hrs round trip. Best thing is that the guy I bought it from is headed out of town (14hrs round trip) to pick up another machine to replace it. It keeps the amount of games in the area growing and I'm doing no driving...

blake - after i get it cleaned up i will post pics. but it's playable now, so until the PF is put back in my ES, i'm not stripping it down...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ruairidh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-1?tu=ruairidh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.