(Topic ID: 81235)

Finishing my basement/pinball room...edit 99% done (finally!)

By Rockytop

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by OHEMIO
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_8163.jpg
    image-122.jpg
    DSC_3102.jpg
    DSC_3106.jpg
    DSC_3113.jpg
    DSC_3089.jpg
    DSC_3085.jpg
    DSC_3082.jpg
    image-390.jpg
    image-585.jpg
    image-14.jpg
    image-186.jpg
    image-527.jpg
    white-castle-2.jpg
    image-435.jpg
    image-650.jpg
    There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 10 years ago

How is the humidity down there?

#52 10 years ago

// Error: Image 214466 not found //

Here are the pins going down there. I'm waiting on the basement to be done to get my IJ delivered.

image-806.jpgimage-806.jpg image-783.jpgimage-783.jpg image-573.jpgimage-573.jpg
    #53 10 years ago

Your house looks AWESOME.

#54 10 years ago

It can get humid...hopefully the steps we have taken will reduce that. I have a dehumidifier I can run straight into the sump pump, so I can run it 24/7 if I need to. With the dehumidifier running, the humidity is not an issue.

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from kevinleedrum:

Your house looks AWESOME.

Thanks Kevin!! We are lucky to have it. We moved to this little town (Columbia) which is about 45 minutes south of Nashville, about a year ago to buy a dental practice. The cost of living here is ridiculously cheap. We found this house about a mile from my wife's practice and we loved it. There is a town square right by us and we have about 8 places to walk to that we can eat at.

If your ever in the area come on by and we'll play some pinball!

#56 10 years ago

That's is amazing.

I especially love the outside cellar entrance. It looks so creepy and awesome. You should make some sort of cool sign for it. It would be awesome if you had new visitors over to your house and did not reveal to them that you even had a basement at all. Then you said hey want to see something cool and took them out into the backyard and made them lift up the wooden door to reveal the secret cellar entrance and go downstairs to see the surprise man cave/arcade. I know that would blow my mind.

As a Texan the idea of sellers and basements is completely foreign to us. We do not have them and no one we know has them. They simply do not build them in any of the homes here due to the soil and climate. I remember the first time I went to Minnesota and a friend was showing me their basement which had so many games and entertainment inside of it. It seems like a secret little clubhouse underneath the floor of your home. It made me very jealous that every home there had a basement.

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

That's is amazing.
    I especially love the outside cellar entrance. It looks so creepy and awesome. You should make some sort of cool sign for it. It would be awesome if you had new visitors over to your house and did not reveal to them that you even had a basement at all. Then you said hey want to see something cool and took them out into the backyard and made them lift up the wooden door to reveal the secret cellar entrance and go downstairs to see the surprise man cave/arcade. I know that would blow my mind.
    As a Texan the idea of sellers and basements is completely foreign to us. We do not have them and no one we know has them. They simply do not build them in any of the homes here due to the soil and climate. I remember the first time I went to Minnesota and a friend was showing me their basement which had so many games and entertainment inside of it. It seems like a secret little clubhouse underneath the floor of your home. It made me very jealous that every home there had a basement.

Thanks Jared!! Basements come in handy here because of tornadoes. I was in the basement of a church when an F4 hit Nashville in 1998.

I like your idea about a sign! I will do that. I could have some fake bushes on the door and a motor that opened it up or something...I wonder how much that would cost.

#58 10 years ago

Beautiful home...man, are you gonna have some nice extra space upsatirs after you move into the basement......maybe room for more pins Looks great, and nice lineup!

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Beautiful home...man, are you gonna have some nice extra space upsatirs after you move into the basement......maybe room for more pins Looks great, and nice lineup!

Thank you sir. I like the way you think!

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

Thank you sir. I like the way you think!

If you were a teeny bit closer to Jersey..... Half my games are on your wishlist and I would love to play your collection

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

If you were a teeny bit closer to Jersey..... Half my games are on your wishlist and I would love to play your collection

That would be awesome. You have a GREAT collection! You should move down. You could get way from the snow

#62 10 years ago

Do this with your MM playfield:IMG_0787.JPGIMG_0787.JPG

#63 10 years ago

That's really cool!

#64 10 years ago

Thanks 4 more years til I can get away from our crook governor. I hope to retire and move away from the snow, but I need to find somewhere near the shore with a good school district. Possibly N.C.

#65 10 years ago

Simply covered open holes with pieces of colored plexi, boxed in the back side and ran programmable LED strip inside perimeter. With the texture of your walls though, boxing in the back probably won't help contain the light. Or maybe it would be neat to see some light leak from the edges? Might look cool on you ceiling, too.

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

Simply covered open holes with pieces of colored plexi, boxed in the back side and ran programmable LED strip inside perimeter. With the texture of your walls though, boxing in the back probably won't help contain the light. Or maybe it would be neat to see some light leak from the edges? Might look cool on you ceiling, too.

Nice!! I think that's a great idea.

#67 10 years ago

Someone needs to find that tz neon. I want one

#68 10 years ago

Wow, it's turning out great! Sort of sorry now that I finished and drywalled my play area in my basement. I do feel sorry for people that don't have basements. As always having and growing up in a home with a basement, I don't think I could live without one. Also jealous of all your pins. LOL... I just recently bought my first. Also love the sign idea at your cellar entrance.

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from J_Cutler:

Wow, it's turning out great! Sort of sorry now that I finished and drywalled my play area in my basement. I do feel sorry for people that don't have basements. As always having and growing up in a home with a basement, I don't think I could live without one. Also jealous of all your pins. LOL... I just recently bought my first. Also love the sign idea at your cellar entrance.

Thanks!! It's taken longer than I thought it would, but it should be pretty cool when finished.

Pins have a way of reproducing quickly...they are a lot like rabbits in that way...expensive rabbits. You'll have more in no time I bet.

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

Thanks!! It's taken longer than I thought it would, but it should be pretty cool when finished.
    Pins have a way of reproducing quickly...they are a lot like rabbits in that way...expensive rabbits. You'll have more in no time I bet.

LOL yep!

#71 10 years ago

I like the way you wired your plugs (approx 30" off the ground). This looks better / cleaner hidden behind the pin cabinet so you don't see the power cords trailing down to the wall plug.

1 week later
    #72 10 years ago

Man that is going to be one sick basement arcarde. Tons of character. The atmosphere created by that stone and lighting is simply awesome. Very cool house man... OHEMIO

#73 10 years ago

We're happy for ya!

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I like the way you wired your plugs (approx 30" off the ground). This looks better / cleaner hidden behind the pin cabinet so you don't see the power cords trailing down to the wall plug.

Thanks...I honestly didn't even think of it way. I was thinking about getting them off the ground in case I ever had an issue with water, but your right about giving a cleaner look.

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from OHEMIO:

Man that is going to be one sick basement arcarde. Tons of character. The atmosphere created by that stone and lighting is simply awesome. Very cool house man... OHEMIO

Thank you sir!! I appreciate the kind words.

A lot of my friends thought I was crazy when I first started because it was so dirty and dingy down there, but now that it's starting to take shape, they see what I envisioned and think its cool.

#76 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Have you had your basement checked for Radon?

I don't believe that Ray has been down there yet. And stop calling him Don.

Quoted from Jared:

As a Texan the idea of sellers is completely foreign to us. We do not have them.

Then who do you buy pinball machines from?

#77 10 years ago

image-430.jpgimage-430.jpg

The walls and floor are done and I could finally get some pins down here! The bar and wine cellar area are all the big stuff that is left.

Huge thanks to Larry at Flip N Out pinball for delivering my new Indiana Jones and helping me get the pins down the stairs. With the Escalera it was REALLY a breeze. I ordered on other day. I figure it's way less expensive than a bad back would be. Larry is one of the best guys I know.

#78 10 years ago

Man you're house seems like its a castle, I would love to see some pics of it from outside and even more of the inside. I love old houses.

#79 10 years ago

That outside enterance is totally bad @$$. That would be a great way to bring guests into your game room. Great pics and really cool space. Thanks for sharing.

#80 10 years ago

I have a pretty cool door covering for that door going outside, go to www.thinkgeek.com/product/168c/?srp=13. One of them would look great, check them out.

#81 10 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Man you're house seems like its a castle, I would love to see some pics of it from outside and even more of the inside. I love old houses.

Thanks, I like old houses too. I'll put some more of the house on here.

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have a pretty cool door covering for that door going outside, go to http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/168c/?srp=13. One of them would look great, check them out.

Those are cool. I've never thought of something like that before.

#83 10 years ago

I finished setting them up last night. They aren't level yet, but at least they are on their legs.

image-870.jpgimage-870.jpg image-87.jpgimage-87.jpg image-422.jpgimage-422.jpg
    #84 10 years ago

Heavy duty lineup. You don't mess around.

#85 10 years ago

That stone wall with the sconces really looks good behind the pins.

#86 10 years ago

DSC_3060.jpgDSC_3060.jpg

It's coming together.

#87 10 years ago

DSC_3074.jpgDSC_3074.jpg

#89 10 years ago

Looking really kool dood~

#90 10 years ago

Didn't notice a couch anywhere?

#91 10 years ago

think i see enough room to add a Tron pin

#92 10 years ago
    Quoted from WOLF:

Didn't notice a couch anywhere?

I think we'll have a couch at some point. For sure we'll have a couple of bar stools once we get the bar done, and the poker chairs.

#93 10 years ago
    Quoted from retired_user_101:

think i see enough room to add a Tron pin

Tron is up there on my list for sure.

#94 10 years ago

Very good! Love the walls. Lots of character!

Chris

#95 10 years ago

Looks fantastic - I am so jealous of people with basements. They are hard to come by here in Austin, but they make an ideal game room space. I was just woken up from a nap because my wife started playing AFM right below the bedroom

#96 10 years ago
    Quoted from gcp:

I was just woken up from a nap because my wife started playing AFM right below the bedroom

What a coincidence... I was woken up by my wife playing my pinball machines too.

when-pigs-fly-1.pngwhen-pigs-fly-1.png

#97 10 years ago

LMAO. That would never happen here either! That room looks awsome!

#98 10 years ago
    Quoted from retired_user_101:

I was woken up by my wife playing my pinball machines too.

That's funny, all of the machines (that she likes) are "hers". The only one that is "mine" is Whitewater She is kind enough to let me play them though!

#99 10 years ago
    Quoted from gcp:

That's funny, all of the machines (that she likes) are "hers". The only one that is "mine" is Whitewater She is kind enough to let me play them though!

you, my friend, are one lucky guy

#100 9 years ago

Putting in the bar

image-225.jpgimage-225.jpg image-650.jpgimage-650.jpg image-435.jpgimage-435.jpg
    There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finishing-my-basementpinball-room/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.