(Topic ID: 14681)

Finished shopping my Rocky & Bullwinkle. It's hella fun.

By RussMyers

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 191 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by FirebrandX
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinballbombtargets.jpg
bombstickeroriginal.jpg
bombstickeralt.jpg
DEDops3.jpg
DEDops4.jpg
DEDops2.jpg
DEDops.jpg
starpostmod.jpg
nosbullwinkleplastics.jpg
IMG_3667-1024.JPG
IMG_3666-1024.JPG
IMG_3653-1024.JPG
IMG_3652-1024.JPG
DE logo repainted.jpg
Pinball Level Sticker.jpg
Pinball Caution Sticker.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wiredworm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from FirebrandX:

As luck would have it, I found a site in Norway that had a near perfect entrance ramp in stock! It's a miracle someone didn't snag it before me, so I quickly ordered it.

I spotted that one a while back and was tempted by it, but the damage to mine is so small that I decided to use my time and money on some of the more critical issues. I dread to think what the postage to the USA was because it was pricey just getting it to the UK.

#43 10 years ago

Good to hear you got it sorted at a good price. Work on mine has ground to a halt lately but i've still got plans for a number of jobs on it.

Just about to upgrade the software to v1.3 and also regap and foam the BOMB targets to make them trigger correctly and prevent air balls.

#45 10 years ago

Replacement backglass? A NOS one or just one that's not got the nose damage?

Well done on that - it's quite a find as nearly all the ones i've seen have the same damage, mine included. Luckily mine is relatively minor so I might just do a touch up on it for now. It's probably the most I can hope for.

Make sure you post plenty of pictures once it's all done please.

#47 10 years ago

Thanks FirebranX. Damage to my backglass is relatively minor - just a single small piece is missing from the nose so i'm hopefully I can colour match it and touch it up. For now it's got a piece of tape on the inside to stop it getting any worse. I believe there's a mod I can also do that will prevent the problem from occurring in the future but i've not got around to doing that yet.

3 weeks later
#50 10 years ago

Looking good Firebrand.

I've just got my legs, lockdown bar, side rails and backbox brackets back from the powder coaters. Had them all done in fire engine red and I must say they look pretty nice.

Will be refitting the legs later with nice new chromed bolts, felt leg protectors, new levellers and leg protectors (to prevent the powdercoat from being pinched by the bolts).

Should look nice once done. Side rails will be left off for now as I need to get new glass channels and nowhere in the UK stocks them right now. Hopefully will grab those closer to christmas.

#53 10 years ago

Sounds good Firebrand. We need to see video of this sucker running though. I've replaced most of the inserts with LEDs on mine now but i've still got a few more to do and then I can start on the backbox GI. At the moment the playfield GI is pretty much entirely cool whites but I think i'm going to swap some of those out and use coloured ones at key locations.

Anyway, bits came back from the powder coaters the other day so here's a picture. I think it suits the game quite nicely.

2013-11-07 20.56.09.jpg2013-11-07 20.56.09.jpg

#56 10 years ago

Thanks Firebrand

It was on my list to do but I hadn't got around to it yet. I want to get some nicely printed and then possibly laminate them too, just to make them a little harder wearing. Like your design as it's nice and clean whereas some of the others i've seen have had really bad lines on them.

Have you got an instruction card too? No problems if not as I think there are some over on Pinball Rebel which I could probably touch up and reprint.

#58 10 years ago

If you do then i'd love to see your finished work (and by that I mean shamelessly steal a copy and put it on my Pin too).

A question then for the group.

Anyone have any idea what the small post to the right of the shooter lane is? I just refitted a shooter cover plastic on mine (home-made repro using a scan from my broken one) and once fitted I noticed the post and wondered what it's purpose was.

Any clues?

#62 10 years ago

Seems we're both working to the same target Firebrand. I'm also trying to get mine to pristine condition but it's going to be a tall order because the back end of my cabinet is in terrible condition.

I stripped the visible bolts from mine last night and have taken some time to clean them before applying two coats of undercoat and some black satin paint. Should look much nicer against the red rails when I refit things.

Making slow progress and still a way to go, but half the fun of this is that it's a long-term project which I can do little bits on as and when I get the time.

#70 10 years ago

Not a fix as such but something you can do to prevent the nose problem from getting any worse or re-occurring.

http://rgparchive-removed.com/rgpforum/showthread.php?t=153257

I'd love a new cab for my R&B but being in the UK I suspect the shipping would make it very expensive. I was actually planning on doing my own cabinet scan at some point. If someone else can either provide the artwork or a set of decals for me to apply to my own cabinet then i'd sure be interested. That way I could at least strip the contents of the cab, fill the dings, sand it and then repaint and re-decal.

Not quite as good as the original screen printed cab but a close second place in my view.

Has anyone here got any clue where I can get a new button housing for the Boris Button from? Mine is beaten to hell but it's looking like it's another 'unobtainium' part. This is what i'm after: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5285-03

Thanks in advance.

#72 10 years ago

Yep, that one at Pinball Center was actually in stock just 2 days ago.

Went back today to grab it - gone!!!

I'll keep an eye out over the next few weeks and fingers crossed I can track one down.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

We figured its better to have a great decal then a destroyed DE cab.

So are you looking at selling a completed cab or the decals to make our own? Or even better would you consider doing both maybe?

1 week later
#80 10 years ago

As far as i'm aware you can't get hold of the plastic that runs underneath the nell table. Mine is also cracked and at the moment i'm looking at making my own repro of it.

It's quite a challenge because the size of the piece meant I had to scan it in two parts. It also means it will most likely have to be printed that way so aligning the vinyl onto the lexan is going to be real fun.

Work has kinda ground to a halt on mine of late. Need to get some bits down to the powder coaters for a price and i've still got some insert lamps that need changing over to LED's. At least it's playable in it's current state.

#86 10 years ago

Nice work.

I reckon i'm going to strip my lockdown bar assembly and get it sand blasted to clean it up some.

#89 10 years ago

Looks good Firebrand.

Don't suppose you fancy sharing the images you printed off for those do you please? I need to do some for my machine once i've got the lockdown cleaned up.

#91 10 years ago

Thanks

1 week later
#94 10 years ago

Looks great

#96 10 years ago

Are the ones you've got really dirty Firebrand?

Amazingly on mine they are pretty much pristine condition, but I figure that's because they're usually hidden behind the instruction cards.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from FirebrandX:

Hey worm, can you tell me the size of the carriage bolts used to secure the side armor?

Ooops, sorry Firebrand. Not been on forum for a little while.

I can strip them out and tell you once I get home tonight.

1 week later
#133 10 years ago

Nice work Firebrand.

Where did you manage to track down the NOS plastic set? I could really use one for mine so if you do happen to stray across one (unlikely I know) then i'd love to hear about it.

Still scouring Europe right now for the replacement parts I need but have to admit the Christmas season has kinda stopped me working on my R&B for now. Hopefully will get stuck back in in January.

1 week later
#143 10 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Is anyone able to reproduce the plastics from a scan?

I've managed to make a repro shooter cover for mine.

The process was:

1. Scan an existing plastic and touch up in PhotoShop (or use Firebrands images that he's offering up)

2. Mirror the image that you've scanned. We actually adhere the image onto the back of the plastic and then spray it's backside so it has to be mirrored otherwise the completed plastic will be back to front.

3. Print the image onto some clear adhesive backed Vinyl

4. Adhere the vinyl onto a piece of Lexan. I seem to think I used 1.8mm thick. You need to take your time over this part as it's easy to get air bubbles under the vinyl.

5. Cut the Lexan to shape and size. Luckily the shooter cover was just a rectangle. I'm going to have fun when I try to repro the base plate below the Nell Assembly.

6. Use some White Matt Plasticote spray paint to spray the back of the vinyl. I put 3 coats on mine.

That's it. Have to say I was quite pleased with my repro.

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

R+B is a touch mean. I rarely get past 200 million in a game, and that's a GOOD game! Default replay is at 300 million. Just today I got 165 million, then noticed the replay was suddenly 320 million! Jerk game, upping the points to reach even when I was just halfway there??? LOL

Hell yes to that. I find it really punishing and hard to get high scores. I think my best at the moment is around the 370M mark.

I've found the best technique for me so far has been to get multiball going and then either hit the Hat Trick followed by the WABAC ramp to get the jackpot. So long as you can keep multiball going then you can keep repeating that process. Of course the other way is go for Bullwinkles Treasure which awards 100M.

#147 10 years ago

Will give that a go Firebrand.

I made life difficult for myself by fitting foam inserts behind the BOMB targets. Means it required a really good whack to register the hit now. On the plus side it reduces the air balls I was getting before.

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from FirebrandX:

Yeah you have to use small thin squares. Enough to cover the center rivet impact are, but no larger. I don't think I've ever gotten any airballs, but isn't yours not using the 3D targets right?

Mine has the 3D targets. I might take another look and make sure i've not overdone the foam width.

#157 10 years ago

Nice find Firebrand. I'm hoping to replace that plastic on my R&B so i'll be sure to do this mod before fitting the new one.

1 month later
#177 10 years ago

Nice find And great work as always.

With regards the targets was it the ones named 'Standup Target 3D [color], small'?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wiredworm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finished-shopping-my-rocky-bullwinkle-its-hella-fun?tu=wiredworm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.