(Topic ID: 14681)

Finished shopping my Rocky & Bullwinkle. It's hella fun.

By RussMyers

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 191 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by FirebrandX
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinballbombtargets.jpg
bombstickeroriginal.jpg
bombstickeralt.jpg
DEDops3.jpg
DEDops4.jpg
DEDops2.jpg
DEDops.jpg
starpostmod.jpg
nosbullwinkleplastics.jpg
IMG_3667-1024.JPG
IMG_3666-1024.JPG
IMG_3653-1024.JPG
IMG_3652-1024.JPG
DE logo repainted.jpg
Pinball Level Sticker.jpg
Pinball Caution Sticker.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cait001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#140 10 years ago

Joining this thread thanks to FirebrandX's coaching!

I am not restoring my R+B so much as I am trying to get it playing 100% and looking as nice as possible, without breaking any banks.

When I got mine there was some connectors that needed fixing, both in the backbox and under the playfield.
Installed a new Boris button, outhole kicker, a new SAVED decal, and a tasteful selection of LEDs. I fixed the hat-trick mechanism and got the repop Lion that was on ebay.
After cleaning the flippers, it plays 100% and amazing.

My machine doesn't have the Nell mechanism inside, and considering it's history, good riddance. I've seen one in action, and for all the grief it has caused collectors, it is a bit unremarkable for my liking. Understandably, YMMV.

I ordered NOS Rocky + Bullwinkle blue cabinet paint, and that has let me touch up a few big problems on the outside.
There are small cracks on my 2 ramp entrances, but I hope to just get them repaired and secured to avoid further damage.
Is anyone able to reproduce the plastics from a scan? There are a few I would like to replace, but I'm not holding my breathe for more NOS on those to come around at a good deal.
If anyone has a spare of the "Rue Brittania" plastic, or the one above the Aesop hole, please send me a message.

Some asides:
I was at the movie theatre today and saw a poster for Mr. Peabody And Sherman. Should we expect some new renewed interest in this pin when that comes out? I imagine a slight bump in the nostalgia factor.

R+B is a touch mean. I rarely get past 200 million in a game, and that's a GOOD game! Default replay is at 300 million. Just today I got 165 million, then noticed the replay was suddenly 320 million! Jerk game, upping the points to reach even when I was just halfway there??? LOL

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

One last question (for now). Any recommendations for blue cabinet paint touchups? Anyone tried this place:
http://www.pinballuniverse.com/PinballPaints.htm

I ordered 3 oz of the blue from them. It's great, a perfect match for the blue cabinet.

1 week later
#155 10 years ago
Quoted from wiredworm:

Hell yes to that. I find it really punishing and hard to get high scores. I think my best at the moment is around the 370M mark.
I've found the best technique for me so far has been to get multiball going and then either hit the Hat Trick followed by the WABAC ramp to get the jackpot. So long as you can keep multiball going then you can keep repeating that process. Of course the other way is go for Bullwinkles Treasure which awards 100M.

Wait, what? What is Bullwinkle's Treasure? Never done that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cait001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finished-shopping-my-rocky-bullwinkle-its-hella-fun?tu=cait001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.