Picture_005.jpg
Picture_004.jpg
Picture_003.jpg
Picture_002.jpg
Picture_001.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Started last March on the restoration.
A few pictures below.

Picture_001.jpgPicture_001.jpg Picture_002.jpgPicture_002.jpg Picture_003.jpgPicture_003.jpg

#2 10 years ago

A few more.

Picture_004.jpgPicture_004.jpg Picture_005.jpgPicture_005.jpg Picture_006.jpgPicture_006.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Looks pretty nice but what are you up to with the rubbers going in front of the standing targets?

That said and I kinda question the level of restore.

#4 10 years ago

A side view.

Picture_008.jpgPicture_008.jpg Picture_013.jpgPicture_013.jpg

#5 10 years ago

OK I got the rubbers wrong.

#6 10 years ago

That looks awesome!

#7 10 years ago

Me rye-key!

#8 10 years ago

It looks nice but yeah pretty sure the rubbers are wrong.

#9 10 years ago

Very nice restore....what is the deal with the little mermaid sticker on the back box though....in the little Pinklo area

#10 10 years ago

This s a short overview of what I did. Being my first game and the only one I have, i`ll go back and properly install the standup target rubbers and mostlikely make adjustments on the switches. I spent most of my time with the usual electrical mechanical stuff and the paint job which is oil base artist paint and is slow to dry, thinned with laquor thinner and sprayed with automotive clear coat. The prep job took a long time. Thats where I obtained all the colors.
The little lady stickers are the better ones and could be removed if ever needed. Some of the playfield was drawn out by me and repainted after the prep.
All of the hundreds of switches were looked at, adjusted and cleaned as needed. Two of the backbox stepper units were froze up, I took all the stepper units apart, cleaned in mineral spirits, then properly greased them. They all work perfect now. Someone had stretched 2 of the springs on the stepper units, that was corrected. A few coils were toasted, those were replaced. This is just a short list of what I did.
For a first game I think I did a good job with the hundreds of hours I have in it. It may be worth a few hundred bucks buts its not for sale. I consider this job a good workout from an novice.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Rodney:

I consider this job a good workout from an novice.

I remove your reality and insert my own!

Seriously, the cabinet colors are bad and the art on the playfield is all wrong. If you decided you were going to stray this far from what the original cabinet and playfield art looked like, why not just retheme it and put whatever art you want on it? Dinosaurs, motorcycles, and medieval weapons all look cool too you know.

#12 10 years ago

It doesnt really matter as long as I like it, I new some would like it and some wouldnt.

#13 10 years ago

I forgot to say what I said in a older post was that someone spray painted the entire cabinet with cheap silver and black spray paint, so that had to go.
I think the new colors fit the time period OK.

#14 10 years ago

I think it's great Rodney. Enjoy your pinball machine and If I were guessing, I'd bet there are little girls in your house that influenced the colorful scheme and the Disney decals too. Make it fun for the kids and you all end up having fun!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finished-old-williams-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.