Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15.jpg

#1 11 years ago

i finished the fireball and i put leds in it

15.jpg15.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Good job Jon! We need to add some more light to the playfield though..

#3 11 years ago

Great work. You do need to add a couple spotlights or something. The LED's do not pop as well as I expected they would so it is very dark on the play field. PF looks great though. Good luck at the show.

#4 11 years ago

Not just any Fireball, the rare, professional home model. Does it work? I saw no score display.

#5 11 years ago

All the home model pinball machines, regardless of manufacturer, just don't have enough playfield lights or backbox lights. The power supply wasn't strong enough for a bunch of incandescent lamps, but certainly could handle additional LED lights easily. You could drill more lamp socket holes under the playfield plastics with a 1/2" diameter Forstner bit for a nice clean hole.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Not just any Fireball, the rare, professional home model. Does it work? I saw no score display.

This is my sons project. The score turns on when you start the game.

#7 11 years ago

Great job Jon.

Can you post some close up pics of the clear on the playfield that you did.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from justjoe:

This is my sons project. The score turns on when you start the game.

Your son did a great job as that machine looks like it just came out of the box it was placed in when it was assembled in Franklin Park, Illinois (those were assembled in the same plant that the Space Invader video games came from at 10750 Grand Ave.)

I just asked about the game working because usually you see the previous games' score on the backglass. I forgot that when you first turn the game on, the display is blank on some Rom versions.

Again, great job and you've helped keep the hobby alive for another generation. I've done the same with my now 18 y.o. son.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 7.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Unisex
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Unisex
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finished-fireball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.