(Topic ID: 270691)

Finding ways to try before buying (aka Chickens and Eggs)

By KickahaOta

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KickahaOta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hello! Having recently gotten back into the hobby, I've been reading up on the Multimorphic P3 platform with great interest. It looks extremely attractive with lots of great ideas -- especially the swappable playfield modules, the virtual targets, and the homebrew possibilities. The fiscally-irresponsible part of me wants to pull the trigger.

My problem at the moment is this: Especially because it's so different from other platforms, I can't imagine buying it without actually playing it first. And as near as I can tell from the map, the only P3 within 500 miles of me is in the private collection of someone who hasn't logged into Pinside for years. Even if COVID weren't a thing, that would be an awkward conversation.

I can see that Multimorphic has gotten its machines to pinball conventions, and I'm sure that's a great sale opportunity; but at the moment that's cut off too.

So it seems that I'm stuck in a chicken-and-egg situation -- I can't feel comfortable buying the P3 because there are none near me, and presumably there are none near me at least partially because other people are in the same boat.

Is there anybody else who's feeling stuck like this? How is Multimorphic handling outreach in these bizarre times?

#3 3 years ago

Thanks! The next few weeks don't really feel like a good time for a home visit; but I'll PM you my contact info and with any luck we can arrange something at a proper time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KickahaOta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finding-ways-to-try-before-buying-aka-chickens-and-eggs?tu=KickahaOta and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.