Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Klokkie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

United 7-24 coil 3 (resized).jpg
United 7-24 coil 2 (resized).jpg
United 7-24 coil 1 (resized).jpg
front view 2 (resized).jpeg
Serenade (resized).JPG
coil 7-24 (resized).jpeg

#1 6 months ago

I am looking for a replacement for a coil in my United Serenade. I have no schematic ( Mike Pacak should send me one but after paying in february !!! i still do not have it received , great !!! ) but only the photo from underneed the playfield. It is a 7-24 coil

Is there someone who know were to find ( did try already PBR )or a replacement what suite the coil.

coil 7-24 (resized).jpeg

#2 6 months ago

bingopodcast or vic_camp can probably tell you from memory. Send them a PM if you don't get an answer here.

Requested move to bingo tech area. (Oops, may not be a bingo. Sorry)

#3 6 months ago

I don't think this is a bingo yeoldpinplayer - I suspect this is the flipperless game. If this is the bingo, please let me know - we only know of one sample game and it doesn't appear on any production lists for United.

That said, Steve might be able to have the coil made for you with some specs - have you talked with him directly about it?

Important information would be the size and shape of the spool and the voltage (I'm guessing it's a 110/120V coil). Number of windings may also be important, but the gauge might be present on that label. Important to chat with Steve directly, if possible.

#4 6 months ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

I don't think this is a bingo yeoldpinplayer - I suspect this is the flipperless game. If this is the bingo, please let me know - we only know of one sample game and it doesn't appear on any production lists for United.
That said, Steve might be able to have the coil made for you with some specs - have you talked with him directly about it?
Important information would be the size and shape of the spool and the voltage (I'm guessing it's a 110/120V coil). Number of windings may also be important, but the gauge might be present on that label. Important to chat with Steve directly, if possible.

It is not a bingo and it has flippers. I have a photo attached. The coil is 115 V.

Serenade (resized).JPGfront view 2 (resized).jpeg
#5 6 months ago

I don't have a hard answer but here are some clues that might be helpful. At first the United parts catalog doesn't offer any more information:
United 7-24 coil 1 (resized).jpg
But further back in the shuffle alley section is a similar looking coil that uses the same bracket, coil stop and plunger:
United 7-24 coil 2 (resized).jpg
I don't know if the 7-24 and 7-24F 965 coils are the same, but I can tell you that the 7-24F 965 was used in United's Yuma Arizona made a year and a half later:
United 7-24 coil 3 (resized).jpg
It's also possible that the coil has 965 turns of 24 gauge wire. You should be able to verify the wire gauge on your coil.

PBR offers a substitute for the 7-24F 965.

/Mark

#6 6 months ago

Hi,
United's Oklahoma, 5 months younger than United's Serenade, has a 7-24F-965 coil : https://www.ipdb.org/files/1701/United_1949_Oklahoma_Schematic_Diagram_continuous.pdf

#7 6 months ago

Wow people, you helped me a lot with this and it looks that this is the correct coil , i will make an e-mail to PBR and see what they can do for me.
When the Serenade is working again i will it post up here.

Again big thanks for the help.

Hans

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 21.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models
$ 259.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.95
$ 109.99
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside