New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 97294)

Finding Solo Heads / Backboxes

By Linkage

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Grayman_EM
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Quick question for you guys who have been at this for quite some time:

Is it worthwhile to hang onto bodies in the hope of eventually finding the head to make a full machine?

I bought like 40 assorted bodies awhile back, and while a lot of it is getting parted, I had some nice gems in there I was hoping to find the heads for. Haunted House as an example.

I'm on the verge of getting access to a trailer full of heads and from first look, it seems very little of what I was hoping to find is in there.

If I was in the States I would definitely hang onto everything and hit the Pin shows every year in the hopes of finding something, but I am in Canada, and live on an island to boot.

Long story short, if I go actively looking for something like a Haunted House head, is there much chance of me finding one?

#2 6 years ago

A good trick is to end every email you send with what you're looking for. Basically every part you could ever want is out there in someone's warehouse, barn, backyard etc.......you just have to make a real effort to find it, a lot of times people hold on to old used parts they don't wanna throw away waiting for just such an instance. When you send someone else a part or buy a part attach your list. Help everyone else you can and don't forget to attach your list. You'll probably find stuff faster than you expect!

#3 6 years ago

I bought 45 mismatched bodies and heads out of a barn last year, so you just never know what will pop up.

PM what you are looking for, you never know!!

BTW if anyone just happens to have a Solar Fire head lying around collecting dust............

#4 6 years ago

If you have the room, I would hang on to them. But I'm a hoarder.

I picked up a Genie playfield last week, completely populated. I don't have a cabinet or a head for it, so I'd buy one if it came up.

#5 6 years ago

i am on the same boat... i am looking for the head for williams grand prix. Funny though, i did a head for oxo but the inserts are for grand prix, but no backglass...

3 years later
    #6 2 years ago

Keep looking I came across two heads on CL for $175.00 each. Didn't last to long either on the east coast.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 199.99
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 1,200.00
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 70.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Cobra Amusements
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 110.00
    Boards
    AMCO
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 22.50
    $ 49.95
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Led
    B & K Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 999.00
    $ 29.00
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside