(Topic ID: 204050)

Finding myself in the EM Hangout more often...

By FatPanda

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by rufessor
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

24774817_10107641060111167_636819778899770232_n (resized).jpg
    20171204_224405 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I'm trying to do some EM shopping. Been in the hobby only for about a year, but have SS and DMD games, and have grown over the last couple months, to love the bells and chimes of EMs...but man, the switches and relays scare the bejezus out of me! Also, to me, it's kind of like looking for a new book to read. How do you know what's good to play and what's not? What do you look for in a FUN machine? Of course, condition comes first. I find myself looking at layout and pf condition, then cabinet and head condition when I look at an ad. I've only played a handful (<6?) EMs so I don't have a good feel of what makes a fun machine. Plus availability around me isn't the best...Any thoughts or advice?

#6 6 years ago

We will definitely be going to MGC this year, but wasn't sure about the Tom Taylor open house. I'm not even sure tickets are available for it still, but will definitely consider it. I'm not huge into selling games, which is why I would like to find a game that I like and hold onto it. There are a handful in Madison that I can play on location, but it's just 4 or 5 games out of what 100s?? I can get a better feel for SS or DMD games. Just seems so daunting with EMs for some reason.

Are there any specific titles I should look out for? Any games that stand above the rest? I really do enjoy the EM art that these games come with, so nice backglass and pf art is definitely appreciated!

#18 6 years ago

Pending all things go well (which I don't see why it shouldn't) I might be coming home with an EM today. God, my bank account hates this hobby...

#20 6 years ago

I'll be looking at a Target Alpha and a Space Mission, from the same seller. Leaning towards the Target Alpha at the moment based on condition and gameplay, but I think I would be happy with either. Both are fully shopped and ready to go, which I wouldn't have minded something that needed work, but I'm not complaining

#23 6 years ago

If I got both, I'd be tempted to keep both...and like others, don't have to room for both, haha

#25 6 years ago

Came home with a beautiful Target Alpha! The chimes sound so nice on this machine. The backglass is absolutely mint and the playfield is in excellent shape! I couldn't be any happier with It!

20171204_224405 (resized).jpg20171204_224405 (resized).jpg

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

congrats! Nice to see the migration has continued to the upstrairs level

It's temporary

#31 6 years ago

The little one put in a few games on it too! She's not messing around

24774817_10107641060111167_636819778899770232_n (resized).jpg24774817_10107641060111167_636819778899770232_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finding-myself-in-the-em-hangout-more-often?tu=fatpanda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.