Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Sternfinan (resized).jpg
    There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #52 1 year ago

Zero percent interest on the card? Absolutely. Done it before and would do it again. Not doing it if there are fees/interest though.

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from cp1610:

I must be a old fart. You have to finance it and it is neither are car or a home it must cost to much.

Not necessarily true. Like I posted earlier, when I got my first place we had nothing. We didn't go crazy and finance 25k worth of furniture, new appliances, and bedroom set. We did go slow. Buy something, pay it off, rinse, repeat. Now the last 15 years different story. If I need to finance a couch, well I tell the wife we don't need a new couch.

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from tgarrett09:

I’ve never heard of ABT before. Has anyone ordered from them? Curious as to what the experience is like.

Well, I can't speak to buying a pin there. But every appliance in my house came from there... and will continue to until the end. Their service and support are amazing. So yes, I would buy a pin there. They price match anything online. If you live in the Chicago area I promise that you will want to buy all of your appliances there.. don't even bother going anywhere else. Service is beyond good and the success of this place is crazy. Just going there is an experience. Its kind of unreal.

Once I played in a mini tournament that Jack Danger was running there on a Beatles and got a free shirt for losing. Lol. At the time they were selling a Black Knight Sword of Rage floor model for $5k.

Need McIntosh components; need the biggest led tv available; need a rolex; you are a Chicago Bears player and need a theatre; need a clear restaurant grade refrigerator? Want a 6 figure income selling high end stuff with no college degree? Ever wonder were those kitchens in Arcitectural Digest come from? ABT

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from tgarrett09:

I’ve never heard of ABT before. Has anyone ordered from them? Curious as to what the experience is like.

I bought a Weber grill from them many years ago. They were the cheapest, delivery was normal time, and the product was as expected. I believe they have a store front in Chicago.

#56 1 year ago

I think the financial lecturing here is comical. All Susie Orman wannabe’s need to keep their day job. Especially when they didn’t actually answer the question and steer to if you gotta finance maybe you shouldn’t be buying. Cool story bros. Anyways….

Gameroom Goodies out of Phoenix offers PayPal 6 months no interest financing. So some of the deadbeat parents here just need to blow off your financial obligations to your 6 kids for 6 months and the pin will be paid for. Calm down I Joke, I joke, unless the shoe fits.
    Orange County Pinball out of California has affirm which may offer interest free terms.

I am Sure other sellers offer similar.

Below is probably my recommendation because you can score airline miles or cash back bonus ontop of your large 10k purchase.
    If you have good credit. You can score a new card with one of those promotional financing deals and score bonus cash back or airline miles. Seen cards going as far as 21 months no interest. Credit Karma is free and they will present card orders based on your credit rating and even sometimes offer $50 guarantee if you don’t get approved. Point is they can steer you towards the right card with the right terms and give you an accurate approval rate. Get a no interest promotion financing and maybe roll in cash back or airline miles.

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I usually use my AMEX card then do payment plan with them (AMEX), yes it costs a few hundred bucks extra, but then I can space it out over time. It has worked out for me so far. But I have done zero % on paypal with some ebay purchases, never had an issue here
    just make sure you pay it and dont miss a payment!
    the best is a couple years ago for Winter Amex had zero % interest on like 45-50k, I bought so many machines 12 months no interest.. awesome!

This right here. Also comes down to affording the revolving payments.

Starting to think some haven’t heard of promotional no interest financing. When lowes or HD does like a 24 month no interest. usually around a holiday, I’m like whelp time for new French door or time to replace that aging stove or let’s get those new tiles we have been talking about. This is why I have cards for such places. Best Buy is always doing promotional no interest financing. Time for a bigger TV and better surround sound with 24 months no interest. Get that garage credit card with 12 months no interest minimum purchase. Boom tires or major auto repair covered and I have 12 months to pay it down and not touch my savings.

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

These are luxury goods like cars.

If you need a car to get to work so that you can eat and pay all your other expenses, but can't afford to pay for one in cash, there's nothing luxurious about it.

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from ScottAM2000:

I think the financial lecturing here is comical. All Susie Orman wannabe’s need to keep their day job. Especially when they didn’t actually answer the question and steer to if you gotta finance maybe you shouldn’t be buying. Cool story bros. Anyways….
    Gameroom Goodies out of Phoenix offers PayPal 6 months no interest financing. So some of the deadbeat parents here just need to blow off your financial obligations to your 6 kids for 6 months and the pin will be paid for. Calm down I Joke, I joke, unless the shoe fits.
    Orange County Pinball out of California has affirm which may offer interest free terms.
    Below is probably my recommendation because you can score airline miles or cash back bonus ontop of your large 10k purchase.
    If you have good credit. You can score a new card with one of those promotional financing deals and score bonus cash back or airline miles. Seen cards going as far as 21 months no interest. Credit Karma is free and they will present card orders based on your credit rating and even sometimes offer $50 guarantee if you don’t get approved. Point is they can steer you towards the right card with the right terms and give you an accurate approval rate. Get a no interest promotion financing and maybe roll in cash back or airline miles.

Quoted from ScottAM2000:

This right here. Also comes down to affording the revolving payments.
    Starting to think some haven’t heard of promotional no interest financing. When lowes or HD does like a 24 month no interest. usually around a holiday, I’m like whelp time for new French door or time to replace that aging stove or let’s get those new tiles we have been talking about. This is why I have cards for such places. Best Buy is always doing promotional no interest financing. Time for a bigger TV and better surround sound with 24 months no interest. Get that garage credit card with 12 months no interest minimum purchase. Boom tires or major auto repair covered and I have 12 months to pay it down and not touch my savings.

I’m curious as to how many credit cards you have with all those promotional offers. Didn’t you just figure out how to buy your first machine after a frustrating experience?

I have no problem using a credit card to buy a machine, but most places charge you an extra x% to cover the credit card fees.

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from ScottAM2000:

I think the financial lecturing here is comical

Oh god this guy again....sounds like a retread user just spewing garbage

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Oh god this guy again....sounds like a retread user just spewing garbage

Omg this guy trolling again and adding absolutely 0 advice and nothing to the thread.

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from Monk:

I’m curious as to how many credit cards you have with all those promotional offers. Didn’t you just figure out how to buy your first machine after a frustrating experience?
    I have no problem using a credit card to buy a machine, but most places charge you an extra x% to cover the credit card fees.

See airline miles and cash back rewards. It’s a wash. There is financing options that can include no interest which my opinion is the only way to go.

#63 1 year ago

This thread is getting way off track. There is nothing wrong with buying a game for 10k on a credit card to get miles, cash back, or Chuckie Cheese tokens. I know someone who picked up a Ster SW prem. from the Amazon store and got a huge discount for using his Amazon card. That's just gaming the system to get the most out of your purchase. The question is would you finance a pinball. That means going to your distributor, filling out paperwork, waiting for an approval, then getting a game and paying $182.46 a month for 72 months. If you need to do that to get a pin then let's just say your priorities are a lil f*cked up.

Now there are companies that will finance games. If I need to buy 5 Jukes or a 50k Fast and Furious for location I can get a loan and payments. Usually 1 to 2 years on payments and those will definitely earn enough to cover the payments.

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from ScottAM2000:

See airline miles and cash back rewards. It’s a wash. There is financing options that can include no interest which my opinion is the only way to go.

You didn't answer his questions.
    How many credit cards do you have?
    How many pinball machines have you bought with them?
    Did you recently purchase your first and only pinball machine or not?

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from ScottAM2000:

Anyone can finance if they want to, but as far as pushing back on the guys recommending against this...

Overall, do you guys feel like Pinball is a rich man's hobby? At the very least I feel it leans that way... especially some of the guys here on pinside. Have you looked at the gameroom thread? I feel like I'm well off, but some of the houses I go to when I do trades make me feel like a pauper. You guys picking on guys who don't want to finance... who do you think it is that is giving that advice? Do you think their outlook on borrowing money might have contributed to their ability to have those awesome gamerooms?

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

You didn't answer his questions.
    How many credit cards do you have?
    How many pinball machines have you bought with them?
    Did you recently purchase your first and only pinball machine or not?

“Questions”.
    This isn’t my thread. So None of your business. Doesn’t matter anyway. Topic is about OP financing pin. Which I did answer. Stop trolling. Period.

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Anyone can finance if they want to, but as far as pushing back on the guys recommending against this...
    Overall, do you guys feel like Pinball is a rich man's hobby? At the very least I feel it leans that way... especially some of the guys here on pinside. Have you looked at the gameroom thread? I feel like I'm well off, but some of the houses I go to when I do trades make me feel like a pauper. You guys picking on guys who don't want to finance... who do you think it is that is giving that advice? Do you think their outlook on borrowing money might have contributed to their ability to have those awesome gamerooms?

Wait a minute picking on people who don’t want to finance??!?! Ummm what I mainly seeing here is people lecturing or picking on someone for asking about financing instead of actually answering the question. The OP didn’t ask should I finance. Asked how come dealers don’t offer. Some actually do. And there is great 0% finance.

There is obviously an old school crowd who is used to dealing with cash on glass and only that. So the thought of financing of that a dealer may offer such maybe seems alien to them is my assumption.

But the financial management lecturing, ehhh my thoughts on that, worry about your own finances champ.

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from ScottAM2000:

“Questions”.
    This isn’t my thread. So None of your business. Doesn’t matter anyway. Topic is about OP financing pin. Which I did answer. Stop trolling. Period.

I am pointing out that you replied to a post asking you questions without answering the questions that were asked.
    Also pointing out that you seem to very determined to give advice about a subject where you have no experience.
    I am not trolling. I am questioning your basis for the advice you are giving.
    You seem to want to insist that anyone who questions or disagrees with you is trolling. Disagreeing with you is not trolling.

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I am pointing out that you replied to a post asking you questions without answering the questions that were asked.
    Also pointing out that you seem to very determined to give advice about a subject where you have no experience.
    I am not trolling. I am questioning your basis for the advice you are giving.
    You seem to want to insist that anyone who questions or disagrees with you is trolling. Disagreeing with you is not trolling.

Google. That’s where you can check my basis. Take a Econ and finance class or something. Just because I am new here doesn’t mean I don’t have advice to offer. That’s just absurd. OP Asked about financing. Stop trolling and trying to invalidate me. Read my post. Rather sensical advice. I didn’t delve into Bs financial management seminar like some. I answered options for financing. There are sellers who offer such. Can also seek out no interest financing by various means.

Apparently these things are foreign to you. Not that complicated, and how many lines of credit someone holds has 0 bearing. Since you seem so concerned, the Only debt I have is a 5 figure remaining low interest mortgage on a very nice home in a desirable upper middle class neighborhood that when paid off in about a year will be turned into a rental aka passive income. I am well under 50. So I think my completely self made from poverty financial situation demonstrates my fiscal aptitude which has no bearing ok this discussion anyway as the information I shared can be researched.

Or you don’t like something I said or have issue with me. Either contribute to the discussion or suggest moving on, right now merely trolling.

Good day champ.

#70 1 year ago

At least once or twice a year my Amex card offers me "Plan-It" abilities with zero fees and zero interest for 12 months. If I am buying a 10k pin (or some that are even more) and I have that offer I am definitely going to use it. I am not incurring any additional costs for the purchase and I am using AMEX's money not my own. Now just like any other deferred payment plan you have to make the calculated minimum payment to them which would of course be purchase amount / 12 = $833.33 a month.

With this Amex plan I can pay it off whenever I want as well so if I purchase a game and play it for 6 months I have made 6 payments = $5000. If then sell I can pay off the balance immediately with no penalty and pocket the rest.

That being said no pinball company or distro is going to offer a financing plan that is zero interest or fees. They will use very high interest rate third parties for the financing and you will pay A LOT more for your game that way. This I would never do.

#71 1 year ago

Wow. I had no idea my simple question would stir such a heated debate. Let’s not get personal or judgmental about how people handle their finances. To each their own. I was just WONDERING why 0% financing wasn’t usually offered for such a high ticket item as pins. And as I said earlier, it’s not that I need or am looking to buy one like that. I own 11 expensive games that I paid for already and carry no debt on them. I was just wondering for the sake of the business moving forward. And I feel my questions were adequately answered by several comments here. Thank you, guys, for your contributions. Now let’s keep it polite and get back to what we all really love:playing pinball.

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

At least once or twice a year my Amex card offers me "Plan-It" abilities with zero fees and zero interest for 12 months. If I am buying a 10k pin (or some that are even more) and I have that offer I am definitely going to use it. I am not incurring any additional costs for the purchase and I am using AMEX's money not my own. Now just like any other deferred payment plan you have to make the calculated minimum payment to them which would of course be purchase amount / 12 = $833.33 a month.
    With this Amex plan I can pay it off whenever I want as well so if I purchase a game and play it for 6 months I have made 6 payments = $5000. If then sell I can pay off the balance immediately with no penalty and pocket the rest.
    That being said no pinball company or distro is going to offer a financing plan that is zero interest or fees. They will use very high interest rate third parties for the financing and you will pay A LOT more for your game that way. This I would never do.

Seen one dealer offer paypal credit 6 months 0 interest and another offer affirm which is based on your credit rating, how much and how long, but usually around 6-12 months 0 interest. It’s in the dealers interest to coordinate some financing usually expands customer base.

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from ScottAM2000:

“Questions”.

You can’t be a real person.

#74 1 year ago

I try not to finance anything...but debt is different for all. Some people are very responsible in paying it off. Some aren't. You then need to factor in "what-ifs." If your health took a dive, you lost a job, had an emergency that required a lot of money....you just never know.

#75 1 year ago

I’m new, but my strategy thus far is to put down a deposit on a CGC machine sight unseen (CCrSe), save up pay the balance at 10
    months, then do it all over again, day one with their next release (PF-BMF). It works like a charm and gives me something to look forward to while saving! Also Chicago Gaming rules.

#76 1 year ago
    Quoted from Monk:

You can’t be a real person.

Stop trolling, period.

#77 1 year ago
    Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Wow. I had no idea my simple question would stir such a heated debate. Let’s not get personal or judgmental about how people handle their finances. To each their own. I was just WONDERING why 0% financing wasn’t usually offered for such a high ticket item as pins. And as I said earlier, it’s not that I need or am looking to buy one like that. I own 11 expensive games that I paid for already and carry no debt on them. I was just wondering for the sake of the business moving forward. And I feel my questions were adequately answered by several comments here. Thank you, guys, for your contributions. Now let’s keep it polite and get back to what we all really love:playing pinball.

Agree on the need for civility. But whatevers.

There is actually 0% financing at several. dealers. I agree that rather surprising there isn’t more, these are expensive items and would open up their buyer base.

I voiced my comments about not answering the questions and offering unsolicited financial seminars.

#78 1 year ago

If you write “period” do you still have to end with “.”?

#79 1 year ago
    Quoted from Monk:

I have this question marked?

#80 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

or worked on by monkeys

I wouldn’t trust me either working on a CE.

#81 1 year ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

If you have good credit, you can find credit cards that offer 0% apr for up to 24 months. That seems like a good option as long as you know you can make the payments.

Then you pay the small percentage to transfer it into another 0% card if you need more time.

1 week later
    #83 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

The last sentence sums it all up.
    I don’t think it’s wise to finance toys.

The boating and RV industries would be dead if this was followed
    The fact that people are out there getting 20 year loans on boats & RVs (depreciating assess) is nuts

#84 1 year ago

I only buy what I can afford. I'll throw something on a 0% card just to lighten the load at times. If I can budget it, why not?

#85 1 year ago
    Quoted from Monk:

Sure looks like proper grammar.

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.