Finaly I think I’ve got it.

By Chimmen

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Been going back and forth, what games I should get, I had ghostbusters Pro. Just sold it, been thinking of many many games, but my wife just say ok to have 2. So I’ve been trying some games, looking at YouTube, reading here. Talking to people that love pinball, now I might finally decided what 2 games I will buy. Batman 66 Premium, and Munsters Premium. Batman because it’s a great game, great coding. Munsters Premium I just the know is a super good looking pinball and looks like a lot of fun. A bit risky. But I think I will take that chance, will probably be even better when new coding comes in future. Any thoughts? 2 good ones or would you change anything? Can’t have more then 2 games.

#2 5 years ago

I think you should try and play them both and then decide for yourself. Most people are going to tell you to get BM66 because Munsters is still somewhat new and unknown. That's why you should decide for yourself on this one here. I personally think you will be good whichever direction that you go.

I like Munsters the best personally but i know im probably in the minority.

#3 5 years ago

Why take a chance. Go find a location that has games and play... when you find one that tickles your fancy, go find it and buy it.

Don’t rely solely on other people’s opinions

#4 5 years ago

There is not so many places to try out pinball machines were I live in north Sweden. And I’m not interested in one of the old games, those I’ve played a lot, looking for new games, Batman 66 I will buy for sure, and as second game I was thinking if the Munsters Premium. I know many haven’t tried it yet, but it looks awesome, as game, and art, was planning to buy Iron Maiden or Deadpool before. But now my mind is set on the Munsters Premium to be my second game beside the Batman 66. Not 100% sure yet, but 95

#5 5 years ago

I'd put some time in on Munsters before making a commitment. The code still has a way to go, so something like TWD might be a good choice instead. Lyman's code on both of those pins make all of the difference!

#6 5 years ago

You might be surprised how good Guardians of the Galaxy is.

#7 5 years ago

Get your Batman first and then figure out what you want to do later. One step at a time.

#8 5 years ago

Why did you change your mind on iron maiden.
It's a great game.

#9 5 years ago

Do not rush things. Do not rely on what someone on the internet says. Play as many games as you can at arcades or shows. Eventually you'll know what you like. Then be patient to wait on a good deal. Buy from a reliable source, either locally (best) or pinside or e-bay where the seller has good reviews. Locally has the advantage that you can actually play the game before buying it. Also saves transportation cost but the market might be very limited.

#10 5 years ago

Batman 66 + JJP POTC

#11 5 years ago

I'd do BM66 first. You'll be happy w/that for a while.

Munsters seems pretty meh to me. No desire there.

(The JJP POTC was really showing wear and not operating correctly at the one location I played it at. It'd wait on that thing.)

#12 5 years ago

I vote BM and Iton Maiden. Munsters looks fun and I look forward to playing it. Doubt it's better than Maiden.

#13 5 years ago

Monster Bash?

#14 5 years ago

Why not, if you have the cash and are really excited about the titles just go for it. Regardless of your choice you will most likely get sick of one of them down the road and change your lineup again.

#15 5 years ago

Sigh, the guy finally thinks he got his two games chosen and now you've all gone and ruined it for him. But anyway, now that it's already been ruined for you . . .

well, seriously if you want Munsters affirmation I think pinside is the wrong place to go for it. In my opinion, though, if you're not a super serious pinball player you will likely enjoy your Munsters (it's a very fun shooting machine by most counts) and the rest of the family is likely to like it as well if that is a concern. Much better for most people to get pins that err on the easy/flow side than one that might be too difficult. Now if you're an above average or super serious player that's another thing, but then I kind of doubt you'd be thinking of the Munsters in the first place. Keep in mind that most people here are very good pinball players even if they don't regard themselves as such so games that are too easy for them might be just right for the rest of us.

Anyway, I think your logic of pairing it with BM66 is very sound. (but still, probably don't get Munsters).

#16 5 years ago

I would seriously rethink Munsters. Don’t drink the coolaid from pinside, the layout is shots you have shot before. My girlfriend never plays pinball, she got to the wizard mode on ball one, the code has a long way to go. The layout is meh. It does not shoot as well as a lot of games on the market.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Sigh, the guy finally thinks he got his two games chosen and now you've all gone and ruined it for him.....

Asking for advice only ruins things

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Asking for advice only ruins things

Now, you've ruined us asking for your advice! Dammit, Law!

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Now, you've ruined us asking for your advice! Dammit, Law!

You don't need to ask, I'll be cramming it down your gullets unirregardless!

#20 5 years ago

This would be the dream lineup of me at 7 years old watching the re-runs on the NYC stations on cable.

#21 5 years ago

never buy a game because of the hype, and don't be influenced by what other people love. lots of games on here people love, while others hate them. I played batman 66 and wasn't impressed. get out and play some games at bars, then decide what to buy. think you will be pleasantly surprised.

#22 5 years ago

How about BM66 and one of the remakes? Either MBr or AFMr. Code is already solid, they look beautiful, and are suitable for the whole family, plus they've been well-liked since they were released.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

You might be surprised how good Guardians of the Galaxy is.

My wife loves this game

#24 5 years ago

Munsters shoots great and is super fast and flowing and just fun to play .Code is throwback to many 90s type pins but with more strategy and risk vs reward type play. Its not super deep but the second level is varied enough to be fun. Also if its set up right it can be a brutal beast. Great theme integration with some great lightshows /effects , awesome video and sound and speech. I dont personally care for batman but understand the love its getting now. If you can go play some pins and see what you think... good luck

#25 5 years ago

I think batman is a good choice but I would make sure you like musters because some people strongly hate the game and some strongly like it not sure which side you will take. For me personally I think Munsters is fun it's not one I would personally own as a tournament player I find it a bit repetitive and the scoring seems unbalanced but future code updates will probably fix it so I would wait and see how it turns out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Rapids, MI

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finaly-i-think-ive-got-it-?hl=pinless and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.