“Voting Matchup”

• (1) Godzilla VS 91 votes
    47%
  • (2) Medieval Madness 102 votes
    53%

(193 votes)

This poll has been closed.

#1 1 year ago

Here we go. #1 versus #2. Which one is your favorite to take the title?

Voting is now open.

Thank you to everyone who is participating! Voting ends at 7pm PST/10pm EST, Sunday, April 2nd.

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Here we go. #1 versus #2. Which one is your favorite to take the title?
Voting is now open.
Thank you to everyone who is participating! Voting ends at 7pm PST/10pm EST, Sunday, April 2nd.

Thanks for setting it up and doing all of the leg work!

#3 1 year ago

#4 1 year ago

What a tough choice.

We have both. MM for simple and fun to play GZ for deep and challenging game to learn how to play.

MM for us!

#5 1 year ago

I've played GZ at the local pin club and I must say I don't understand its hype. It is good but not even top 10 good for me. That said, I understand people's taste differs and it will be interesting to see which one wins.

I own an original MM and that's always the game my visitors go to first, out of 8 pins. I think that says a lot of the appealing theme and pure fun gameplay this game has. Also, the rules aren't that intimidating as many new "deep" games.

#6 1 year ago

Play GZ on location every couple of weeks or so...great game, but not " the" game imho.

No denying MM, and is hands down the most played pin in my lineup when guests come over.

MM for the win!!

#7 1 year ago

69 votes overnight and MM only leads by one. This will be close to the end. Every vote counts.

#8 1 year ago

Love both, but will GZ have the longevity of MM?
It is Still the shiny new toy.

#9 1 year ago

Lunchtime bump. Voting ends Sunday night.

#10 1 year ago

This is where everyone started factoring in what randos think. Always thought that was weird.

#11 1 year ago

Gotta vote for MM. love it every time I blow up the castle. The callouts are funny compared to Godzilla.

The dot matrix artwork is perfect… I dislike Godzillas integration of the B/W show.. too cheesy for me.

I cannot deny it has more interesting shots, but MM for the win as the Best pin.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

The callouts are funny compared to Godzilla.

Greg Freres who did the voice for the jousting announcer in MM also has a cameo in GZ "It's a great day for rampaging!"

#13 1 year ago

So I didn't do this earlier in the bracket, but I have to jump in to talk down MM now. I never like playing it because of one area in how the rules are constructed.

It's because Troll Madness is the only feasible way to accumulate the 10 troll kills required to reach the wizard mode, so you must sequence things properly or you can't do it at all. You *have* to complete Trolls before or during Multiball Madness so that Troll Madness stacks into it. If you don't do this correctly (accidentally start Multiball Madness before Trolls, or start Trolls and drain during it), then you're locked out of any way to get the 10 troll kills, unless you can manage to cycle all the way around though Royal Madness for another try, or if Merlin luckily randomly gives you Smack-a-Troll.

This bit really sucks the fun out of the game for me - every game *must* begin with banging on the standups until Trolls is lit, before you accidentally light and start any multiball madness, or else you near-permanently lose your shot at the wizard mode.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

So I didn't do this earlier in the bracket, but I have to jump in to talk down MM now. I never like playing it because of one area in how the rules are constructed.
It's because Troll Madness is the only feasible way to accumulate the 10 troll kills required to reach the wizard mode, so you must sequence things properly or you can't do it at all. You *have* to complete Trolls before or during Multiball Madness so that Troll Madness stacks into it. If you don't do this correctly (accidentally start Multiball Madness before Trolls, or start Trolls and drain during it), then you're locked out of any way to get the 10 troll kills, unless you can manage to cycle all the way around though Royal Madness for another try, or if Merlin luckily randomly gives you Smack-a-Troll.
This bit really sucks the fun out of the game for me - every game *must* begin with banging on the standups until Trolls is lit, before you accidentally light and start any multiball madness, or else you near-permanently lose your shot at the wizard mode.

I did not know that from a strategy standpoint.

Is it hard to conquer wizard mode?

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

I'd argue this isn't such a big deal for a few reasons: 1) If Merlin is lit when you start Multiball Madness it will often start Trolls. 2) If you wait long enough to cash in Multiball Madness you'll probably light trolls by accident. For example: you can usually put a couple of hits on them trying to hit the castle, or on the way to getting a lock on castle multiball. 3) Most of my good games have involved at least two trips through Royal Madness anyway. 4) The aforementioned chance of getting smack-a-troll does exist.

Don't get me wrong, the wizard mode is tough to get to, but I don't think Master of Trolls has ever been the reason I've failed to get there.

#16 1 year ago

Both fun. I’ve had more fun on Godzilla. Still have no clue what I’m doing on that machine to make progress, but I enjoy the variety of shots and mechs.

#17 1 year ago

Saturday Morning cartoon bump. About 36 hours until voting closes.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Saturday Morning cartoon bump. About 36 hours until voting closes.

Haha same boat over here!

My votes in

#19 1 year ago

Saturday afternoon nap bump. Voting closes tomorrow night.

#20 1 year ago

24 hours until the poll closes.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from duggum:

two trips through Royal Madness anyway

My most amusing Royal Madness completion was draining out the side with one troll left and getting it with the troll bomb before the ball hit the trough.

#22 1 year ago

12 hours until voting closes.

#23 1 year ago

You could probably argue GZ is still too new to be the best ever, but it's also not 100% finished. Keith has stated a alternate startup challenge game mode is coming, like other games. I believe he implied he wanted that game type option for all games going forward... Having an option for a quicker party game type for playing with friends will elevate GZ significantly imo. The long playtimes for multiplayer are one of my few complaints.

Either way MM is just not the greatest game either. It's good, but kind of shallow - opposite problem I guess.

#24 1 year ago

MM was great 20 years ago but is from a different era. Quaint I'd describe it as.
GZ offers far more depth and fun at home for most people and is a game that will be very hard to beat...ever. So many ways to play it. MM doesn't offer those decision-making forks in the road, mid game.

#25 1 year ago

MM is much more than "quaint" for me. It makes me smile everytime I play it. Makes my Grandkids smile. It's one of those games that you can just step up to, and have a great time just playing it. I have AIQLE, play GZ on location...different type of thrill. Don't need billions of points and options all the time.

Some of the most timeless and enduring songs have 3 chords and simple lyrics....just how it was put together...best analogy I have for why MM, AFM,TZ,TAF are just keepers for me (and many, many, many others).....

#27 1 year ago

There you have it, your new champion... Medieval Madness!

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Thank you for doing this!!!

Always fun ( though I'd hoped TZ would repeat)

MM is definitely worthy...

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Thank you for doing this!!!
Always fun ( though I'd hoped TZ would repeat)
MM is definitely worthy...

My pleasure. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

With the amount of pins coming out this year, next year should be very interested.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

There you have it, your new champion... Medieval

The refs cost GZ the title, thx for the effort, a fun thread each year!!

#31 1 year ago

Yay, my favorite pin won

#32 1 year ago

Finals voting was open from sometime Friday through Sunday night? Bro, do you even pinside? Horrible timing. A lot of us don't bother with this hellsite unless we're stuck at work. So that's like half a day of pinside activity.

My one vote for GZ wouldn't have made the difference, but it would have been fun to follow along with the thread across a few weekdays.

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Finals voting was open from sometime Friday through Sunday night? Bro, do you even pinside? Horrible timing. A lot of us don't bother with this hellsite unless we're stuck at work. So that's like half a day of pinside activity.
My one vote for GZ wouldn't have made the difference, but it would have been fun to follow along with the thread across a few weekdays.

"Hellsite"? Why are you here then...

I like pinside and often visit several times a day.

#34 1 year ago

It's better than work.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

It's better than work.

My apologies Yancy. I’ll make sure to end any voting on a weekday next year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dixon, IL
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 29.95
$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finals-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition-2023?hl=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.