• 27 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by whisper
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hi,
so after reaing all suggestions in my other thread, ive brought SST. It was a bit risky because i didn't played it before...but now im very glad that i've picked this one as my firs pin, i love it!!! Such an exciting, fast game...so thanks everyone for suggestions. It is exactly what i wanted.

Here is my gameplay video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=scSJaNDsJIU

And couple of photos:
http://www.temujin.cz/sst1.jpg
http://www.temujin.cz/sst_2.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Congratulations on your 1st pin! I've had a SST before and had a lot of fun with it - unique game. Enjoy!

#3 10 years ago

Congratz and enjoy, it's a great game.

#4 10 years ago

Congrats on your first pin of hopefully many to come!

#5 10 years ago

Congrats! You've got room there for at LEAST one more on each side!!

#6 10 years ago

yes very fun pin, would still own but the bugs terrified my 2yr old daughter. funny now that it gone she asks wheres bug pin. i say its gone she say bring it back me no fraid no more. then she mimics brain bug at end .. hhhmm, hhhmm. to funny.

#7 10 years ago

was in your shoes couple months back, 4th one coming friday. be very very quiet wife dosnt know yet..

#8 10 years ago

Congrats! Enjoy!

#10 10 years ago

have fun with your first pin... make some room for the others!

#11 10 years ago

Congrats on your first!!!!

#12 10 years ago

Ahhh, the feeling of your first pin, GREAT !!

Believe me, on the second one those excitement feelings double....triples etc etc

Congratulations on a fun game !!!

#13 10 years ago

Congrats! I bought my first 3 months ago and now I own 3. Pinball is addicting.

#14 10 years ago

Good choice. I have a great time every time I play my buddies SST.

Some cool and unique features on that one. Definitely a great "bang for you buck" pin.

#15 10 years ago

The 1st is always special !Congrats.

#16 10 years ago

Congrats-one of the best feelings in the world and something you will always remember.

#17 10 years ago

Might as well start making room for number 2. It will be coming.

#18 10 years ago

Congrats. Hope you enjoy it. Nothing like having your own at home.

#19 10 years ago

Just played a SST. Pretty cool! Looks like plenty of room there for a couple more.

#20 10 years ago

Congratulations!

#21 10 years ago

I just got an SST myself a couple weeks ago, & it isn't my first & only game, but I could see it being a pretty solid 1st pin if it were.
Also if you are thinking ahead about game #2 & #3, methinks that there are a ton of games out there that would compliment SST very nicely because SST is pretty unique & there are many other good games out there that would be totally different.
We think in these ways, & this is why so many of us don't stop at 1. Every pin needs a good buddy.

#22 10 years ago

A friend of mine sent me this when I got my first pin:

...the traditional rites of passage of pinball ownership. To enlighten, or remind you, here are the steps :

1. Initial curiosity, followed eventually by trepidatious purchase of a single pin.

2. Promise to wife that 1 machine is all you are ever getting.

3. Realization that owning 1 pin is ridiculous. You either own many pins or none at all. You opt for the former.

4. Begin process of justifying to wife why having 1 pin is silly. She capitulates. You buy between 2 and 5 more pins.

5. An interim period lasting between 2 and 6 months where you are almost satisfied with owning half-dozen B or C-list titles.

6. Through visitation of the homes of other collectors, you realize you will never be happy with your stagnant and finite collection of tattered and boring pins.

7. The process of justifying the purchase of more pins by employing the "logic" that they are actually investments and you will be able to flip them eventually.

8. The search for areas of your basement that are being under-utilized. Statement such as "She can really do the laundry in the garage, right?" or "Do my kids
really need that much square footage in order to play happily?" are often posed during this phase.

9. The epiphany that no matter what you do, your wife will think you are an idiot. In fact she already does. Do you really think she will respect you more if you
have 5 machines in the basement as opposed to 10, 12 or 20 ? You become enlightened. You have nothing to lose.

10. Nirvana : You have been set free. Your mind and body are awash in the pure bliss of the knowledge that an infinite supply of pins await your purchase.
No longer shall you be afraid, oppressed or remorseful. You are a man. You are a hunter. A collector, and you answer to no one.

So what step are you on?

Good Luck!

#23 10 years ago

Congrats!!! One of Sega's best games! Hope you really enjoy it!
My first was Jungle Lord in about 1994...or, I guess you could count my Happy Days machine by Coleco when I was about 7(in 1977)...
Pinball Rules!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

A friend of mine sent me this when I got my first pin:
...the traditional rites of passage of pinball ownership. To enlighten, or remind you, here are the steps :
1. Initial curiosity, followed eventually by trepidatious purchase of a single pin.
2. Promise to wife that 1 machine is all you are ever getting.
3. Realization that owning 1 pin is ridiculous. You either own many pins or none at all. You opt for the former.
4. Begin process of justifying to wife why having 1 pin is silly. She capitulates. You buy between 2 and 5 more pins.
5. An interim period lasting between 2 and 6 months where you are almost satisfied with owning half-dozen B or C-list titles.
6. Through visitation of the homes of other collectors, you realize you will never be happy with your stagnant and finite collection of tattered and boring pins.
7. The process of justifying the purchase of more pins by employing the "logic" that they are actually investments and you will be able to flip them eventually.
8. The search for areas of your basement that are being under-utilized. Statement such as "She can really do the laundry in the garage, right?" or "Do my kids
really need that much square footage in order to play happily?" are often posed during this phase.
9. The epiphany that no matter what you do, your wife will think you are an idiot. In fact she already does. Do you really think she will respect you more if you
have 5 machines in the basement as opposed to 10, 12 or 20 ? You become enlightened. You have nothing to lose.
10. Nirvana : You have been set free. Your mind and body are awash in the pure bliss of the knowledge that an infinite supply of pins await your purchase.
No longer shall you be afraid, oppressed or remorseful. You are a man. You are a hunter. A collector, and you answer to no one.
So what step are you on?
Good Luck!

right now im on step 2, but my wife loves this pin and i already mentoined to her that we would have more in future, so i dont think its going to be so dramatic especially if i manage to get Simpsons Pinball Party or Family Guy someday...

#25 10 years ago

Welcome to the madness.

SST is a great game. Just got one myself, this past week.

#26 10 years ago

Congrats on getting a fun pinball machine for the home.
Good to hear that your wife likes it also.
It sounds like you moved in a stealthy manner from step 2 to early phase of step 4 really quick.
Cheers!

#27 10 years ago

congrats on ya first pin!!!!sure there will be more...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Boards
PinSound

$ 12.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finallyfirst-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.