Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Don1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jnewton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 11 years ago

I am of the belief after researching as much as I can about this subject, that WMS had no intentions of keeping pinball alive once they had all the lawsuits/patents lined up for slots/gaming. It just didn't make sense business-wise as they were beholden to their stockholders. Wizard Blocks in my mind would have been the game that cemented the platform, so there was no way it could have seen completion and still suit their business needs. Tilt is an amazing doc and story and it is one of the major reasons I fell in love with pinball. I look at Pin2k and see the potential, as opposed to others who just crap over it due to the limitations that the designers had to contend with. A start contrast from today's games which are seemingly frozen in time from games made in the 90's, I appreciate the effort and execution, especially in the limited development time.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Its a big giant F U. No i dunno really. He was never given his credit either.

Surely Greg Maletic can answer, he has posted here about Tilt before. I would prefer to think that Jpop declined to be a part of it. I wouldn't think that he would just leave him out, I mean they did have the other members of the team for comment. Tilt is really Gomez' show, so maybe Jpop's view of the whole thing would have went against the story they were tying to tell as George was definitely displeased with how the game turned out at the time. I HIGHLY recommend that everyone listen to the conversation between Maletic, Duncan Brown, Cameron Silver, and Roger Sharpe, that is on Tilt. Lots of good info about Williams back in the day including Duncan totally dogging No Fear( no flow in a Steve Ritchie game?), some really great stuff.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from CookyJar:

Is the full video of George's seminar up anywhere? I know they showed some clips from it in Tilt.

The whole seminar is on the extras disc. Pretty cool Q&A portion after the speech where Lawlor steps up and talks about pinball being a strictly commercial product....how things have changed lol..

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jnewton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-tilt-the-battle-to-save-pinball?tu=jnewton and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.