Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Don1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gregmaletic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

This may be the elephant in the room, but why was JPop not interviewed for this documentary?

I asked John Popadiuk on several occasions to be a part of the film, but he didn't want to be involved. Which I always thought was unfortunate, though I feel like Duncan Brown and Cameron Silver did a great job carrying the torch for the SWE1 team.

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I always wondered why the only 2 people that were still in the industry at the time (myself and Dwight Sullivan) weren't either. Dwight especially since he had been around longer than every programmer other than Larry.

It's been so long now that I can't recall exactly how I figured out who made it into the film. I can tell you that I wasn't particularly picky; anyone that wanted to be interviewed (who was on the P2K team) would certainly have been interviewed. Also, several folks I approached—including the aforementioned John Popadiuk—turned me down.

I got my initial list of interviewees from Greg Dunlap, former Williams employee, who was working on a P2K project as well. From there, I contacted those folks, asked them who else I should speak with. When I felt I had representatives from every aspect of development—concept, hardware, software, OS software, game design, etc.—I felt like I had it reasonably covered. I never doubted that I was leaving someone great out; there's just only so much time to keep on pursuing new interviews until it's time to start telling the story.

I apologize to anyone who felt left out!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gregmaletic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-tilt-the-battle-to-save-pinball?tu=gregmaletic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.