Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by asnatlas
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TRON.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Finally did it, but completing portal will have to wait for another day.
    I managed to get all the inserts lit up, with disk multi-ball the last to go. After a not so good round of disk multi-ball, my score was 100 million flat on ball one. I had a choice, to go for sea and take my chances one by one, or nail on the 3 bank a few times and throw a ball in the disk 8 times more for another disk multi-ball. I chose the latter, and lucked out by getting the 3 bank down and 8 times in without a whip out to the drains.

When in Multi-ball, I made good BUT JUST BARELY! I had already made all the blue disk shots needed for the 3 bank wall to go back up. I hit the three bank wall once but then lost two balls! I quickly hit the wall two times in a row, it dropped and I JUST snuck a ball in for Super Jackpot. It felt like a Deathstar hit because the wall was coming up while I shot, trapping my ball inside LOL!! Couldn't have been any closer. Anyways, lost that ball shortly after. On my second ball, lost that too! So I had to really concentrate on my third, but got it enough under control and boom. Got the scoop, then the 50 million award, then, well...I've done better in Portal. This was my third trip and I only managed 12 million and change.

Total 192,920,770, my hs to date, stock settings and outlanes. Phew. That was a rad one. LOL!

TRON.jpgTRON.jpg

1 week later
    #19 11 years ago

You should add your score here, Looks like you would be 3rd place.

http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/tron/scores

I was going to, but some players tweak their games for extra ball and set the outlane posts down. I like to keep my games stock because I play in tournaments from time to time and that way I feel more at home on a foreign machine

So far my HS to date is 198 million and change. I've been trying to break the 200 million mark. The other day I went straight to portal twice within a few games. (i've been there three times total and haven't beaten it yet) Really helps the score when they dump 50 million on you instantly, but there is a strategy to it.

I like to stack multiball modes, and while seeking them out (the shots to light the scoop) bring my disk multiball shots to 1 or 2 left so I can just go there quickly when I need to for disk multiball. If I fail light cycle or quorra, I often will go back for another round before I go for disk multiball, trying my best not to get it in the scoop- that will start SOS

If i'm on ball one or two, and I only need say, disk multiball left and I already had disk multiball but failed to complete it, I often times will go through with the process of hitting the wall, then it's like 9 shots to the disk...a gamble because of how it can whip out of the disk, but if it's all you need, 50 million is easily worth it. If I'm on ball three, sometimes I'll chance it too lol, but usually I try not to get greedy and I'll take my chances with SOS. (Plus the music is cool)

Another cool thing was how I scored 11 million and change on an end of line in multiball. Not sure how, but I looked up and I saw it. I have to assume double scoring was lit, but that's a big chunk of points for an end of line.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-straight-to-portal-on-tron-for-50-million?tu=shacklersrevenge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.