New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 17679)

FINALLY- Straight to portal on TRON for 50 million

By shacklersrevenge

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by asnatlas
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TRON.jpg

#1 8 years ago

Finally did it, but completing portal will have to wait for another day.
    I managed to get all the inserts lit up, with disk multi-ball the last to go. After a not so good round of disk multi-ball, my score was 100 million flat on ball one. I had a choice, to go for sea and take my chances one by one, or nail on the 3 bank a few times and throw a ball in the disk 8 times more for another disk multi-ball. I chose the latter, and lucked out by getting the 3 bank down and 8 times in without a whip out to the drains.

When in Multi-ball, I made good BUT JUST BARELY! I had already made all the blue disk shots needed for the 3 bank wall to go back up. I hit the three bank wall once but then lost two balls! I quickly hit the wall two times in a row, it dropped and I JUST snuck a ball in for Super Jackpot. It felt like a Deathstar hit because the wall was coming up while I shot, trapping my ball inside LOL!! Couldn't have been any closer. Anyways, lost that ball shortly after. On my second ball, lost that too! So I had to really concentrate on my third, but got it enough under control and boom. Got the scoop, then the 50 million award, then, well...I've done better in Portal. This was my third trip and I only managed 12 million and change.

Total 192,920,770, my hs to date, stock settings and outlanes. Phew. That was a rad one. LOL!

TRON.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Nice score, I've yet to crack 100million on my buddies LE, and never gotten to Portal. I need to bring it over to my own house for awhile to beat on

#3 8 years ago

Same here. Mine is in the office so I'll never get to spend hours on it.
    Best I've done in three weeks of ownership is around 72 mil and a handful of SoS attempts.
    Still learning the game and rules.

Congrats!

#4 8 years ago

I have had mine for over a week or more and hit $97M. I seem to get to SOS a lot but never portal. I also never seen to have a good ball on SOS. I have a hard time completing Light Cycle Multiball. I need to go back through the rules as I guess I dont know how to complete that mode.

#5 8 years ago

Congrats, that's awesome! Never gone straight to Portal before.

Quoted from marksf123:

I have had mine for over a week or more and hit $97M. I seem to get to SOS a lot but never portal. I also never seen to have a good ball on SOS. I have a hard time completing Light Cycle Multiball. I need to go back through the rules as I guess I dont know how to complete that mode.

Two ways to do it: the hard way, which involves hitting all the light cycle inserts before draining one of the balls, or the easier way, which is to do a combo of the left ramp, quorra, and then finish it off with either GEM or the inner ramp shot.

Light Cycle is the hardest mode to complete in my opinion.

#6 8 years ago

Very nice score! No "extra ball" instead of a credit when beating the top score either. Sweet!

#7 8 years ago

Congrats on the high score!!!!

#8 8 years ago

Nice! My high is 102...but I got an 89 in tournement play I'm more proud of. Close to finishing SoS but no dice. If I played it more I feel like I could get there. 50 million right off the bat...damn that's a chunk of change

#9 8 years ago

Great story thanks for sharing my MAX on my TRON is about 80mil

#11 8 years ago

Wow, that is one great score. Best i can manage on my pro (stock settings) is 137mill. Got to portal 4 times now though still not beat it.

#12 8 years ago

Congrats, I hope to play one later this month.

1 week later
    #13 8 years ago

You should add your score here, Looks like you would be 3rd place.

http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/tron/scores

#14 8 years ago

Question

How do you get the light cycle mb insert to solid not flashing ?

I get the jackpots unless there's a sequence I'm missing

Great score my High is 80 mil

#15 8 years ago

You need 2 super jackpots (left ramp then quorra) or a double super, left ramp, Quorra, Right ramp.

#16 8 years ago

My highscore in Tron so far is an embaressing 34 mill . . . of course, I haven't really played it much since I got it as I have been waiting for my Cliffy's to come in, which they should on Moday and then I hope to be off to the portal soon!!!

#17 8 years ago

Go to pinballnews.com. Go to games, select game. They do a great(IMO) review of the rules. Their second review of the later sterns addresses scoring rules. I learned a lot on how to score on BDK, IM and Tron. Many owners like to find these things out on their own. Not me. I look forward to the acdc review when it's done but the code is early(hopefully) and not sure they will do a review of the present code.

#18 8 years ago

So to those who have owned Tron for a reasonable time, is it a keeper?

Weighing up buying this or X-men...

#19 8 years ago

You should add your score here, Looks like you would be 3rd place.

http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/tron/scores

I was going to, but some players tweak their games for extra ball and set the outlane posts down. I like to keep my games stock because I play in tournaments from time to time and that way I feel more at home on a foreign machine

So far my HS to date is 198 million and change. I've been trying to break the 200 million mark. The other day I went straight to portal twice within a few games. (i've been there three times total and haven't beaten it yet) Really helps the score when they dump 50 million on you instantly, but there is a strategy to it.

I like to stack multiball modes, and while seeking them out (the shots to light the scoop) bring my disk multiball shots to 1 or 2 left so I can just go there quickly when I need to for disk multiball. If I fail light cycle or quorra, I often will go back for another round before I go for disk multiball, trying my best not to get it in the scoop- that will start SOS

If i'm on ball one or two, and I only need say, disk multiball left and I already had disk multiball but failed to complete it, I often times will go through with the process of hitting the wall, then it's like 9 shots to the disk...a gamble because of how it can whip out of the disk, but if it's all you need, 50 million is easily worth it. If I'm on ball three, sometimes I'll chance it too lol, but usually I try not to get greedy and I'll take my chances with SOS. (Plus the music is cool)

Another cool thing was how I scored 11 million and change on an end of line in multiball. Not sure how, but I looked up and I saw it. I have to assume double scoring was lit, but that's a big chunk of points for an end of line.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from proscript:

Go to pinballnews.com. Go to games, select game. They do a great(IMO) review of the rules. Their second review of the later sterns addresses scoring rules. I learned a lot on how to score on BDK, IM and Tron. Many owners like to find these things out on their own. Not me. I look forward to the acdc review when it's done but the code is early(hopefully) and not sure they will do a review of the present code.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/tron/index6b.html

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 60.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Mods for your pinballs
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 16.95
    $ 89.99
    $ 235.00
    Boards
    RS Technologies
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 19.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 32.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 115.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 5.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 39.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    $ 7.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Bent Mods
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 25.50
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside