8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pinmike
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

038.JPG
    036.JPG
    TZ_&_LOTR_with_Rookie.jpg

#1 8 years ago

After 2+ years, I finally reached Lost in the Zone on my TZ! What a blast! Just curious for all the TZ owners out there--how long did it take you to reach LITZ?

Tom

#2 8 years ago
    Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

After 2+ years, I finally reached Lost in the Zone on my TZ! What a blast! Just curious for all the TZ owners out there--how long did it take you to reach LITZ?

Congrats!! It took me about a week to get it and its not easy

#3 8 years ago

Ya Its a great mode I just dont like the fact that its over after 60 seconds. Seems like a lot of work to get there for it to be over so fast. Probably the only reason I got rid of my TZ.

#4 8 years ago

Yeah, it caught me off guard once everything stopped suddenly but it was still quite a rush while it lasted...!

#5 8 years ago

Yeah, it caught me off guard once everything stopped suddenly but it was still quite a rush while it lasted...!

That is the best feeling and 60 seconds of it is all you need truly the best Pin ever!!!

#6 8 years ago

Congratulations, TZ is a tricky game to learn as its a combination of hitting certain shots and avoiding other danger zones. I can't remember how long it took me to get to the zone when I owned one but its was probably a month or 6 week's of continuous played but once I was there I could get to the zone pretty regularly-in fact that's why I sold it. Now I don't own the game, I really struggle to get a decent score never mind to the zone and enjoy the game much more.

#7 8 years ago

It took me months to get LITZ. In fact, I think I only got it three times and owned the machine for about 2 years. I dont get how you guys can hit it every game. You must have skills! I traded my TZ for a nice HUO, LOTR. The night before I made the trip to trade, I hit LITZ and it was just the icing on the cake. Man I miss my TZ....

#8 8 years ago

I've had my TZ for three months and I'm not even close Having a blast trying though!

#9 8 years ago

I owned mine for about a month and one game it all just came together. Havent repeated it since but its all good.

#10 8 years ago

That is the one machine I want the most right now. I haven't even seen one in person. not much to see in Erie, PA.

#11 8 years ago

I have only done it once and that was back in the late 90's.

#12 8 years ago

Congratulations! LITZ rocks! I still get goose bumps every time that opening animation sequence starts.

I couldn't remember how long it took me to first get there, but then I remembered that I posted a thread about it way back when I was just a Pinside fetus:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-got-lost-in-the-zone

#13 8 years ago

LITZ is The Best ... TZ pissed me off so Bad , for the 1st week, till I got use to it..

.. Now .. It's a Keeper !!

I traded my TZ for a nice HUO, LOTR. The night before I made the trip to trade, I hit LITZ and it was just the icing on the cake. Man I miss my TZ....

. Here you go pintastic,, Here's a pict- you can Print off.. I'm Glad you got LITZ b-4 you did the Trade with me..

TZ_&_LOTR_with_Rookie.jpg

#14 8 years ago

I own mine for about 6 months and I have never been there, not quite sure how to get there yet.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from greatmorra:

I own mine for about 6 months and I have never been there, not quite sure how to get there yet.

,, Put it on 5-ball , and have the Setting's set to medium... And Work to keep the ball alive..

I've gotten LITZ , 2-time's on a 5-ball game,, ( No Buy-n ) Now i want to hear the JackPot
    sound's ,, with these new Speaker's..

#16 8 years ago

It took me a couple of weeks to get my first LITZ when I got my TZ. Have managed it about a dozen times in the last year. Machine is set up on 3 balls on factory settings with a fairly tight tilt. Buy in "ball of shame" is enabled if required. Playing TZ, more than any other pin, you need to be totally "dialled in" to play it well. Most days when I play, I'll just keep hitting posts and targets instead of the ramps, the ball constantly dives for those outlanes, or shoots straight down between the flippers, and I'll end up with 100 million or less and a couple of door panels lit.

On those oh so rare days, I'll keep shooting the lit piano and slot machine, keep looping those ramps, and manage to loft that ball up through the mini-playfield a few times to Defeat The Power. Then I'll run through a couple of productive multiballs, and also win a couple of much needed extra balls. Suddenly I'll notice that the door panels are nearly all lit. A few more well placed shots and the doorknob starts flashing - and then it all starts with..... "You have reached the end of your journey"....... and all hell lets loose!

#17 8 years ago

Yeah, everything was just clicking along smoothly when I noticed I only had one door panel left. My wife was yelling to me to "hurry up!" because I had promised to go shopping with her as soon as she showered and got dressed. I convinced her to wait since I was on a record game and called my 2 sons in to watch. Ended up scoring over 1,079,000,000 without the buy-in. Definitely a record for me!

#18 8 years ago

Yeah, everything was just clicking along smoothly when I noticed I only had one door panel left. My wife was yelling to me to "hurry up!" because I had promised to go shopping with her as soon as she showered and got dressed. I convinced her to wait since I was on a record game and called my 2 sons in to watch. Ended up scoring over 1,079,000,000 without the buy-in. Definitely a record for me!

.. Awesome ,,, With TZ,, You just NEVER know when that Best Game is gonna happen.. The shot that is the hardest for me is " Gett-n Fast-lock be-4 the Timer run's out.. With the left flipper , i either hit the ramp ( come's bk -2- me ) or it goes to the Power ( mini- p/f ) then 2-the Pop-bumper's,, they eat at the tyme,, those joker's are fast.. I Love it !!! I have TZ set on 1-Buy-n.. And it's NO ball of Shame !!!

#19 8 years ago

Well done, sure is a blast when you finally get there. It took me just over a year to finally crack it & have only done it once since. I need more practice but are too busy playing SM, mainly cos i havent fixed the sensor problem at the trough, which I just got new boards for & waited 3 weeks for delivery & didnt order a cable. Dooh!!

#20 8 years ago

Just got LITZ as well. What a rush to actually earn it, even though its on 5 ball. Played it via the 9.4H cheat just to see what it was all about. Has to be one of the best wizard modes in pins. Love this game, but might be picking up a MM. A friend made me, "an offer I can't refuse" but really should....

#21 8 years ago

What is this cheat?

#22 8 years ago

in the 9.4h rom you can hold the buy in button for 3 seconds (or something to that effect) and it will setup a "practice lost in the zone". you can also catch the ball and while holding it hit the buy in button and the game will pause. good for a short bathroom break or to calm down a bit.

i have had my zone for about 2 or 3 months now. I've hit LITZ after a month of trying, yesterday I hit it twice in one game for the first time. I really had to get physical with it in order to pull it off.

#23 8 years ago

The 9.4h roms are nice but it takes the fun out of the game.I would'nt
    want them in my machine.

#24 8 years ago

One thing that's really nice about the home ROM is that you can pause the game. This can really come in handy sometimes. In case anyone is interested, here's a list of all the TZ ROM revisions ...

http://psaux.com/arcade/tz/files/rom_9.4h/TZONEREV.TXT

#25 8 years ago

I do have an extra 9.4h rom if anybody wants to try it out.

#26 8 years ago

TZ rewards accuracy big time so for LITZ its a case of being able to hit about 4 shots in the game and controlling the ball when it exits the scoop. Easily said not easy to do.

#27 8 years ago

I could have sworn I already made a post, but it never showed up. Here it goes again:

For those of you that own a TZ, how easy is it for you to backhand the ramps? On mine, I can barely backhand the left one, and I can't backhand the right one at all. It seems like this is much easier to do on some other TZ's I've played. Perhaps my flippers are a bit weak.

#28 8 years ago

I played Twilight Zone for my first time at the National pinball museum last month.. got to LITZ on my 4th or 5th game. It was very awesome, could have been better but it was real hard to hear it. fun stuff

#29 8 years ago

For those of you that own a TZ, how easy is it for you to backhand the ramps? On mine, I can barely backhand the left one, and I can't backhand the right one at all. It seems like this is much easier to do on some other TZ's I've played. Perhaps my flippers are a bit weak.

It does sound like yr flipper's are weak,, Buy you some New FL- 15411 coil's and sleve's. I replaced the coil's & sleve's on T2 , Boom . I ended up buy-n the Complete Flipper rebuild kit from Marco,, for the heck of it.. I Gotta have Strong Flipper's.. You can order the complete Flipper assembly with the Plate from Marco,, Solder off and solder on,, $ 70.00 Well Worth it..

036.JPG 038.JPG

#30 8 years ago

What exactly happens to your ball when you pause the game? Does the fliptronics system keep the flipper up, or does it drain and launch back into play when you return?

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

What exactly happens to your ball when you pause the game? Does the fliptronics system keep the flipper up, or does it drain and launch back into play when you return?

You just hold the ball with the flipper and it will stay in the up position
    until you get back and hit the flipper button again

#32 8 years ago

Its the coolest feature in all of pinball programming CrashDance. Provides a quick break and allows you to time to "take care of anything" from a bathroom break to a beer refill. Love it. I have my friends convinced its a mode in the game and they cant seem to figure out how to get it yet. Im a mean person.

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

Its the coolest feature in all of pinball programming CrashDance. Provides a quick break and allows you to time to "take care of anything" from a bathroom break to a beer refill. Love it. I have my friends convinced its a mode in the game and they cant seem to figure out how to get it yet. Im a mean person.

HaHa!!! thats a good one!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 22.50
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 139.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 115.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 334.95
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.95
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside