(Topic ID: 115470)

FINALLY: Repro Police Force Center Lower Ramp

By Kholmes

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kholmes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hell there, anyone interested in a repro Police Force Center Lower Ramp? I have located a company near my location willing to make a urethane mold, which is the major cost, then they will produce more from there. It is still in the beginning stages but I need to know about interest from you.

I have some price quotes, so I need enough people willing to want one. It will be quite an investment on my part. The price would most likely be $125 if I can get 50 pinballers that are interested. I have no idea on shipping cost yet. The more the better. Please let me know if you're interested and post here.

My ramp is shot.

#4 9 years ago

I got more info from my plastic/thermoforming company in Ohio. It would actually cost $125 now if I can get 25 pinsiders. I don't think that is a bad price, but the more people I can get the price goes down. If I can attain 50 people, we are looking at $75 per person.

Please someone give me some thoughts? I thought there would be more bite on this. There have been so many posts that I have been reading that people want a new center ramp for Police Force.

This may be your only opportunity. A lot of companies that offer this ramp are all sold out and will not give an ETA when they will be produced again. Thanks!

#6 9 years ago

No, it would not. I would not bank on Starship, it may be up to a year. I sent you a PM. You can get decals and flaps. Those are cheap. They will make the mold and holes, The cost will be much less if we do a group as you can see from my post above.

#7 9 years ago

I like Starship, but it's going to be a while. There are other companies that people can look into and see what the thermoforming cost would consist of and I bet they will all be expensive. If I order one piece ramp for myself it was cost over a $1k. You just need a person or company to step up and make it happen. It's that easy, all they need is a ramp and they will make a cast of it, and you're set.

#9 9 years ago

Cool, thanks. Please spread the word. I cannot afford to purchase just one for more than $1k. I will keep this post alive, but thanks for the interest.

As for the decals mentioned above, you may have to live without one or two decals, but you'll have a new ramp with no cracks, add Cliffy's and be good to go. They may sell those decals, but all the other parts on that ramp be removed and placed on the new ramp at minimal cost (if you want to purchase new flaps, etc). Other than that, mine can be moved from one to the other.

Thanks again. Spread the word and keep this post alive.

#11 9 years ago

Yep, not a problem. Like I said, for it to be worthwhile, and I can get 25 ramps ordered, then we will be good to go. I am glad some more interest has come into play. Let's keep 'em coming and I will keep everyone updated. When I get closer to the 25 ramp orders, then I will end up ordering them, and you're right, I can sell them off. Good point!

I will probably set up a paypal acoount when the time comes, but for now, as I have already stated, I need the interest, and 25 ramps for it to be worth it. Thanks!

#15 9 years ago

We'll see. The pms stopped coming so the interest isn't there yet, but keep checking back. Thanks

#18 9 years ago

No stickers. Plastic only.

#23 9 years ago

Will do! As for the stickers, I honestly could care less and rather have a nice plastic ramp. Stickers could come later or maybe someone can ask PPS for that part.

#25 9 years ago

Thanks monkeygrass, but I'm still way below where we need to be. Thanks for keeping up the support.

#27 9 years ago

We're getting there. Not quite yet, but keep them coming. Thanks

#30 9 years ago

Bump down!

#33 9 years ago

Cool. We're getting there.

#35 9 years ago

I have a count of 14 including me. Check me if I'm wrong. Some pinsiders said they will take one at $125 or two at $75.

#38 9 years ago

Question posed, regarding "rights to repro". I've tried numerous attempts to contact PPS. No response. Any additional ideas pinsiders? Thanks

#40 9 years ago

Just standby for now, I'm waiting on a response from the source. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks

#45 9 years ago

I am waiting on an answer from PPS. Sorry everyone it's taking so long, but hopefully I will hear back soon. Thanks.

#47 9 years ago

They would use my current ramp make a mold out of wood, then they can produce the plastic ramps. It's a process called thermoforming.

If anyone else would like to send a message to PPS, it would be appreciated. A couple of us have done so to no avail.

PPS is on this website.

#48 9 years ago

The initial cost is in the mold. From there the price drops due to already having a mold. There seems to be enough interest but as I said just waiting on an answer from PPS.

#51 9 years ago

You're getting a little tech savy for me...lol. Anyway, the company I spoke with said the thinness/thickness of the "plastic" will match the game, which is approximately an 1/8". It will be the same, clear, and have a nice new shine to it. Just no stickers or parts for it, so your existing pieces/parts will have to be transferred to the new plastic.

I personally don't care about the stickers. It's moot to me. Dues to several questions raised above.

I also don't want any liabilities, but I sure would like an answer from PPS. Anyone else try and get a hold of PPS? It may help the cause, maybe send a PM to them. Thanks!

#53 9 years ago

Please do, I have been in contact with Rick a few weeks back, but since this forum began I haven't heard back from him. It seems as though there is enough interest maybe that PPS can make a batch of them and make everyone happy.

I'd appreciate you going to him. If I wasn't in Ohio, I would do the same. Thanks again.

#55 9 years ago

I called him at 408-426-4510, and pressed numerous buttons on the menu and got through to him. I agree someone else asking would help. Let me know what he says if you speak with him.

#58 9 years ago

Thanks Larry for the post, and I'm sure pinsiders appreciate the response and information. In this post, people are not concerned at the moment with the outer ramp as those are easily or more readily available than the center ramp.

Off hand, what's your price for the center ramp? I'm curious what's the significant rise in cost. Thanks

#60 9 years ago

I see. If you know off hand, what's your price for the set? If it's cost effective and you have a date of release in mind, then we'd like to hear it (6 month's release or is this a start date of production?).

I'm just a pinsider and homeowner of a few pins so just trying to gauge a target date. According to this website, people have been waiting a while for this.

I'm not against it but if you can give some promise to us consumers that it'll be produced in the near future and not years then I'm sure the support will be there. I'd be on board too.

I hope this makes sense to everyone. I'd like to hear input from others too. Thanks

#66 9 years ago

I see such a waste of making two ramps when the outer ramp is readily available now. The need is for the center ramp.

Why are there so many outer ramps available now and no center ramps? That tells me that they most likely were made from a separate mold.

I think it's unfair to make people purchase both at a high price. Why not make the mold in a set and sell them separate and keep the cost at a minimum, as I am sure the outer ramp will sell eventually. My thoughts.

#69 9 years ago

5k is expensive for a mold. That is a much higher quote than I received. Significantly higher and this is a local company in ohio that has done a few ramps in the past. They are not over charging or pricing whatever you want to call it. These days people are strapped for capital and why spend the extra money when we don't have to. It's like the market is locked right now for this ramp. And who takes the hit, we the consumer. We want results at an affordable cost.

I hope others agree.

#70 9 years ago

I can speak with this company I am in communication with and see if the ramp can be made thicker to avoid the continued breakage of this ramp.

If it does cost too much, then I'll ask others opinions on here. We can always have the ramp made and add cliffy's to help protect the ramp. Just a thought.

#75 9 years ago

Thanks for the updates MonkeyGrass and pkiefert, it's appreciated. It seems as though the messages have stopped coming. I will sit tight, but I agree with MonkeyGrass. Go after the inner ramp, and sell them, so a regular guy like me doesn't have to make a product for an $800 machine. I agree. I just wish places would listen to the little man, more or less.

1 week later
#78 9 years ago

Thanks for the comments. Beers are always appreciated. I'm still getting toward the goal. I just do not want to end up in the mud, so to speak. I will do all in my power to get it done. I have received zero answers from PPL. Starship may be in the works, but looks to be over a year (since there is no guarantee). If it was sooner, I would order one myself.

I've met so many that have Police Force and have had this problem center ramp for years, and I just got mine in Dec, and do not like what I see. I want results. I know I sound petty, but I am a persistent person. Sometimes it pays off.

#80 9 years ago

I am not a businessman. I agree with you on some points, but persistence is key. I am hoping I can also push another company into making this mold. As for cost, at this point, does it matter (it won't be higher than original quote). The goal is for low cost so we can all be happy. There will always be an unhappy person.

Yes, I would factor in the cost of shipping etc. It is not rocket science. I am looking for support, not really an opinion at this point. The more interested buyers, then the better. I would love for Starship to get on this, but the delay is frustrating to pinsiders. There will be a delay on my part especially from start to finish. Larry from Starship already has the mold. I can recommend a company or two that are local in my city who would love the business. Prob save all of us the time and aggravation.

1 month later
#82 9 years ago

Hello everyone, it has been a slow process. Thanks for being patient. I've received a few more quotes from vendors in the area. Not the greatest news but some news. Prices are varied from place to place. Again, it's all about the numbers and the demand. Some were a lot higher than my original, and some were about the same. Just an FYI.

I was at the Ohio show a couple weeks back and met with Larry Rosenthal from Starship, and yes we met in person.

He had the outer ramp at the show for sale but of course not the center ramp....lol. I introduced myself and he immediately knew my name. He advised me it would me 4 months until repro of the inner ramp. I think that is reasonable. I'm going to hold him to that time frame. The cost is prob going to be over $200. I gave him my email and he said he would contact me when it begins. Larry if you're out there, can you please shed some light and reassurance?

Thoughts anyone else?

#84 9 years ago

Thank you Larry for the update. Anyone else have thoughts? Thanks.

3 months later
#93 8 years ago

I gave up on the whole ramp idea. I started this thread and had gotten so frustrated, I sold my PF two months ago. Guy that bought it from me asked about the center ramp and if there is a replacement. I told him that Starship would have one soon. Almost seems like back to square one. Good luck everyone, I hope you get your center ramp.

3 weeks later
#98 8 years ago

Here's the link to the website. Good luck everyone, I miss my PF. Too bad I had to sell it cause of the center ramp. I'll help everyone out with a direct link to the website for ordering.

Inner ramp:
http://starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Police-Force-Inner-Ramp

Outer ramp:
http://starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Police-Force-Outer-Ramp

Both ramps:
http://starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Police-Force-Ramp-Set

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kholmes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-police-force-center-lower-ramp?tu=Kholmes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.