Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by NimblePin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I was finally able to play a Stern spiderman. I really enjoyed it. Great light show. Funny how games can go when you are playing pinball. My very first game on SM was 73 million, I was in a zone. I couldn't even make it to 10 mil my next 5 games. The flow of spiderman is great. This is a Stern I actually really like. I have played Iron man ,Avatar, and Rolling Stone not too impressed with them.

#2 12 years ago

Great game - maybe the high water mark for Stern?
    I have a feeling Stern may bring out a table that may out do SM one day.......

#3 12 years ago

SM is a great game. My only real complaint is the blurry video clips on the DMD.

#4 12 years ago

vster23, glad to see you finally got to play SM. It is such an epic pin. The game play is great and it looks outstanding so when it comes to some blurry clips I am not concerned at all. It is one of if not my favorite pin due to the flow you mentioned and a very good theme design which makes it a great looking pin as well.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from vster23:

The flow of spiderman is great. This is a Stern I actually really like. I have played Iron Man ,Avatar, and Rolling Stone not too impressed with them.

i agree great game and feel the same way about most of the others stern has put out recently!
    glad you got a chance to play it one of my favs.

#6 12 years ago

I love mine. I never seem to even look up at the dmd because I'm focused so hard on the ball.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from TZBen:

I love mine. I never seem to even look up at the dmd because I'm focused so hard on the ball.

+1
    This game is too fast to focus on the dmd. I do watch it when others are playing though, and i find it looks more clear the farther away you are. Anyone else notice this?

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

Has 4 games in collection.
    Has rated 131 games.
    Posted 1 hour ago | #

I have a feeling Stern may bring out a table that may out do SM one day....... []

Gonna be real hard to outdo SM but maybe Steve and Lyman can equal it! P.S. SM is my favorite Pin

#9 12 years ago

Great pin. One of my fav.

#10 12 years ago

How much different is it to LOTR, in regards to game play/ball flow? I know tatman has both, but do they go well as a pair?

#11 12 years ago

I almost bought one last year. I'll have to take another look. I've played it only a few times but I liked what I saw.

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from Leigh:

How much different is it to LOTR, in regards to game play/ball flow? I know tatman has both, but do they go well as a pair?

I think they are two pretty different pins. Each well respected for their own reasons. SM is fast while LOTR is very deep as you well know. I think they would be a great pair. SM is a lot closer play wise to AFM which I see you have. I would love to pair SM with an AFM. Been thinking a little about WH20 lately for some reason though.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

so when it comes to some blurry clips I am not concerned at all.

I am sure after the ninth White Russian TDA- EVERYTHING becomes crystal clear...

Congrats vster on playing a great game!

Quoted from Leigh:

I know tatman has both, but do they go well as a pair?

Yes Leigh, they go great together!

SM is the "chocolate" and LOTR is the "Peanut Butter" (takes longer to eat!!!).

It is good to have both...
    If you got the room!

Alas, TRON will now be my chocolate...

#14 12 years ago

you have to check out the SM LE model. the black glass and led lighting on the playfield are hypnotic!

#15 12 years ago

Is that the SM Black version?

#16 12 years ago

yes, its the 'black spidey ' le model, were black spidey is featured in middles of backglass, and red spidey is in the background. lots of upgraded features. if you can find one, i'd buy it

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

To me its no doubt Stern's best pin ever. In a few more years I think it will be a top 5 pin.

#18 12 years ago

I agree Smassa it will eventually get it's due. If they ever do an "anniversary" limited edition...
    Consider it mine!
    Blue chrome anyone..?
    I'd even settle for a black chrome kit.
    But I would love an LE with a fresh new double clear PF.
    Now THAT would be FAST flow...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-played-sm-fun-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.