Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball_004.JPG
    Pinball_003.JPG
    Pinball_002.JPG
    Pinball_001.JPG
    #1 13 years ago

After looking since March I finally pulled the trigger. It's a WCS94 - I really enjoyed playing one at the expo so decided to get one. The game play is fairly hard, hitting the right ramp and final draw scoop are tough to do with any accuracy!

It's in pretty good shape, could stand to have the ramps, wire forms, and parts of the playfield cleaned - since I don't know what I'm doing I might as well jump right in and start taking it apart. Also it's dirty inside the cabinet.

So far I've noticed two issues with this game.

On a really hard hit to the striker scoop, the ball goes over the hole and gets stuck behind the wire form and won't fall into the VUK without nudging the wire form up. I'm thinking about putting a peice of metal or plastic there to block a strong shot. Has anyone else had this problem?

Second the enter, escape buttons and the volume controls on the coin door do not work. All the wires are connected from the coin door to the board but no response when pressed, any thoughts?

Thanks to everyone who posts on this forum, it has been fun reading and learning the past few months, I couldn't have bought a game without you

Pinball_001.JPGPinball_001.JPG Pinball_002.JPGPinball_002.JPG Pinball_003.JPGPinball_003.JPG

#2 13 years ago

Great game! Shopping them and tinkering on them is most of the hobby for me. Getting to play is a fun perk as well! Congrats!

#3 13 years ago

Second the enter, escape buttons and the volume controls on the coin door do not work. All the wires are connected from the coin door to the board but no response when pressed, any thoughts?
    Pull the connector off and replug and see if that helps. Verify that all the wires are connected and none are loose or something silly like that.

#4 13 years ago

Also... like in a earlier post, check in the backbox for a possible shut off switch to the operator door controls. Might have been added/modded for backbox keyholder only.

#5 13 years ago

Thanks for the advice guys. I won't get a chance to look at it until Saturday, I'll let you know how it turns out.

#6 13 years ago

Congrats nuthshell! This was the second game I purchased -- one month after I bought my first pin. If you start to take anything apart, just remember to take LOTS of pictures. I'm still putting my HSII back together before I take the WCS apart, and the WCS looks pretty intricate. By the way - the soccer ball in your picture looks like it is in great shape and is very white.

Regarding the Striker scoop -- seems like there should be a metal piece behind the scoop to keep the ball from doing exactly that (at least it looks that way in the diagrams in the manual). I'll have to take a look at mine to see what's there.

Good luck and enjoy the game!

#7 13 years ago

Yes good luck with it - nice pin

#8 13 years ago

Oh, if I could only relive buying my first pin...

...I'd never had paid that much!

#9 13 years ago

That should be a new thread right there -

What would you do if you could send a message back in time to yourself before buying your first pin...

#10 13 years ago

The first 150 LOTR LEs will not sell out instantly.

Don't get me wrong, I love it. I just could have bought it cheaper if I waited.

#11 13 years ago

Good choice WCS was the 2nd game I bought and still 1 of my favorites

#12 13 years ago

lol sealclubber...

#13 13 years ago

WCS is a fun game and a great first pin. Congrats! If you don't mind my asking, where did you buy it, and did the seller make you aware of these issues beforehand?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-picked-up-my-first-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.