Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pinkid
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pahuffman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I did it. I sold 2 games out of my 3 game collection this week. So far it's been a little easier to cope than I originally thought. I really did love being able to walk downstairs and pick which game I wanted to play. I thought it was going to wrench at my heart when I lost them. After all, variety is the spice of life. I guess I reached that point where I know pinball will be in my life for a long time, and I'm really going to look for games that I WANT - not necessarily games that pop up and I buy because they're available. Sure, I'll still go for the super-deal on Craigslist, but at least now I can know I'll be okay with fixing them up and selling them for more pinball money. This way I can get to my dream themes and grail pins. My goal at the moment is to get all of the Star Trek games lined in my basement. That will be a great day.

Anybody sellin' a Bally or Data East Star Trek?

What was your experience with selling your first game?

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You can't play more than one game at a time.

Yeah but the question becomes whether or not I'll get bored playing 1 game ALL the time. It was okay when it was my first game because it was exciting just knowing there was a pinball machine in the basement. When I had 3 games, this one definitely saw the least play. It's still a fun game, but now what do I do? Sell it and be patient? Being patient sucks.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Buy 30 and you will have less of a problem letting any bottom feeders go.

Haha I wish I had a wallet that fat. I'm on the fresh-from-college budget pin plan.

#20 8 years ago

I guess that's what I was trying to say. I can't afford a game of that vintage. I'm basically in the pin desert in Alabama, and when they do come up for sale they're crazily over-priced. Don't get me wrong, I could definitely live with an AC/DC forever, but I can't afford one right now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pahuffman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-letting-go?tu=pahuffman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.