Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by TigerLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Finally after Months of searching and waiting I have my first Pin and I thought this would also be a great opportunity for my first Post.

It's a Farfalla from Zaccaria and just looks amazing and plays very well for such an old Pin. The Seller even brought the Pin to my apartment and took care of everything but he also showed me how to remove the Glass and lift the Playfield etc. Only one Insert looks not as good as the rest of the PF and a little bit of the Cabinet at the Back chipped of during transport but you can't see it anyways.

But overall I'm very happy with my first Pin and would appreciate any Tips for a new Pin Owner

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/hrSrD

Post edited by WienerWuerstel : Added Link to the Pics

#2 12 years ago

First pin AND it's a Zaccy! Way to go, that's a nice find. Congrats, but beware...it all starts with just one.

#3 12 years ago

Wow, I just looked at the pictures on Pinside for Farfalla. I've never seen that machine before. The artwork looks cool. Tips for new machines: Replace the batteries and pinball(s). Make sure the fuses are correct.

Have lots of fun playing your machine and then begin thinking about finding room for #2!

#4 12 years ago

Congrats & welcome! Yes, in addition to changing the batteries every year, make sure you put new balls in your pin at least 1 to 2 times per year. Also, make sure to routinely clean your playfield every few months.

New balls can be found here:
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=5&parent=49

Cleaning supplies can be found here:
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=80&pg=1

#5 12 years ago

Phoebe's Farfalla was one of the highlights of Expo for me. Gorgeous machine!

#6 12 years ago

And btw the Seller told me that the Farfalla doesn't use Batteries. Instead it uses an accumulator that is already on the Board.

I don't know if that is true (because he forgot the Keys to the Backbox xD) but if this is true then I don't have to worry about any Battery leaks 8).

#7 12 years ago

That one's really out there. Good catch!!

#8 12 years ago

Oh, man. That's a real nice first pin! Congrats!

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Phoebe's Farfalla was one of the highlights of Expo for me. Gorgeous machine!

I concur... I wish someone would bring a Zaccaria Robot and a Clown. I always wanted to play these two.

#10 12 years ago

Great score -

#11 12 years ago

Welcome to the first pin club!!

#12 12 years ago

Trippy looking game. Congrats! You'll have 6 by next summer.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from WienerWuerstel:

And btw the Seller told me that the Farfalla doesn't use Batteries. Instead it uses an accumulator that is already on the Board.
    I don't know if that is true (because he forgot the Keys to the Backbox xD) but if this is true then I don't have to worry about any Battery leaks 8).

An accumulator , What is that ?? I know the Tee'd Off Pin by Gottlieb has a Round battery soldiered onto the Power board , and the 1 Wolfy bought from the W.Salem Auction was D.O.A !! Also , If you have a drill, I would drill the Lock out so you can see what's back there.. Could be a bag of Gold in thar ..

Anyway ,, Welcome to Pinside ,

#14 12 years ago

Really nice and clean looking machine. Great find. Your patience paid off!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-i-join-the-first-pin-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.