IMG_0431 (resized).JPG
IMG_0429 (resized).JPG
Peter-McFarlane-CircuitSculpture3 (resized).jpg
Monte Carlo operational 10-31 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0424 (resized).JPG
IMG_0398 (resized).JPG
IMG_0400 (resized).JPG
this-thread-is-useless-without-pictures-meme-9253 (resized).jpg

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

Trust me I'd love to have more just don't have the money

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from mr300ww:

Trust me I'd love to have more just don't have the money

Usually the main limiters are "space" and "money". If it is the money part that is your major concern, watch out! Yes, they can be very expensive. But at the same time, there are deals to be had, like the one you got. Sometimes they have a way of finding you. If you have the "space" you might end up with more before you know it! I got a pretty good machine for $150, that's less than some people spend on a topper or a subwoofer. Perfect backglass, decent playfield and cabinet, everything there but it was mechanically beat up a bit from misuse and crappy repair attempts. I was able to go through it and get everything working with the help of Pinside.

Monte Carlo operational 10-31 2 (resized).jpgMonte Carlo operational 10-31 2 (resized).jpg

After hanging around Pinside for a few years now and just kind of looking around and keeping track of things, I can tell you that I could EASILY have a really cool collection of 7 or 8 games or more without spending much money at all. I just simply do not have the space so that's the limiter for me.

#53 6 years ago

Congrats! And welcome to the best (and most expensive) hobby ever!!

Disclaimer: Actually, collecting super cars is more expensive, but it's shit compared to collecting pins.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

and my wife has learned how to solder.

"No honey, that's not quite what I was needing..."

Peter-McFarlane-CircuitSculpture3 (resized).jpgPeter-McFarlane-CircuitSculpture3 (resized).jpg

#55 6 years ago

Congratulations! And to many more pins in the future! Welcome to the club, my friend

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Wife?
...learned how to solder?
Awesome!!!

Yeah, I had to remind her not to inhale the fumes. Guess she's used to doing that.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Yeah, I had to remind her not to inhale the fumes. Guess she's used to doing that.

#58 6 years ago

You guys are right about one thing though, I'm hooked for sure. I remember going to the arcade as a kid and always going straight to the pinball machines, now that I finally have one of my own I can't wait to get another

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from mr300ww:

now that I finally have one of my own I can't wait to get another

Yeah...that is how i derailed..that exact thought...
Congrats on your first pinball man,awesome!

#60 6 years ago

That's a nice looking fatty you've got on your hands. Congrats!

#61 6 years ago

Nice score. That's in killer shape.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from mr300ww:

You guys are right about one thing though, I'm hooked for sure. I remember going to the arcade as a kid and always going straight to the pinball machines, now that I finally have one of my own I can't wait to get another

So...
in four days he goes from landing his first machine...
to saying "I ain't got money for another"..
to fessing up "yep, I'm hooked"...
and finally saying "I can't wait to get another one!"
Now that was fast!

Ahh, the power of the silver ball!

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from mr300ww:

I can't wait to get another

And so it begins.........

#64 6 years ago

I'm not saying the hook sets deeply, I'm saying I used to smoke cigarettes and now when I see someone smoking I think, "I wonder if they know how many pinball machines they could buy if they just quit."

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

So...
in four days he goes from landing his first machine...
to saying "I ain't got money for another"..
to fessing up "yep, I'm hooked"...
and finally saying "I can't wait to get another one!"
Now that was fast!
Ahh, the power of the silver ball!

Haha exactly, its time to open up a betting pool on the due date of him getting the next one.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Haha exactly, its time to open up a betting pool on the due date of him getting the next one.

2-1 it's less than 2 mo. $100. Did I just fuck myself? If he takes that bet in 2 mo. He's 1/2 way to a new pin..... We all know he won't last 2 mo.

#67 6 years ago

Omg I love you guys haha too funny and that's funny you mentioned smoking cus I just quit 6 months ago

#68 6 years ago

Hey guys just wanted to share these great instagram pictures that my gf took of my machine (I don't use instagram)

IMG_0429 (resized).JPGIMG_0429 (resized).JPG

IMG_0431 (resized).JPGIMG_0431 (resized).JPG

IMG_0430 (resized).JPGIMG_0430 (resized).JPG

IMG_0432 (resized).JPGIMG_0432 (resized).JPG

IMG_0433 (resized).JPGIMG_0433 (resized).JPG

#69 6 years ago

Also curious what my machine is worth

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from mr300ww:

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#71 6 years ago

Dbl what you paid, minimum

Quoted from mr300ww:

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from mr300ww:

Ok I changed it from table lol

Congrats on your first table

#73 6 years ago

that's in really nice shape. You got a good deal.

#74 6 years ago

Looks like a fun pin, grata man!

2 weeks later
#75 6 years ago

Well..... you guys were right, found and bought another machine today. Picked up a 1979 Stern Trident Machine, pics will come later

#76 6 years ago

Congrats on your 2nd pin! Looks like you're hooked

#77 6 years ago

One cannot resist the allure of the silver ball. Sorry this happened to you but at least you found the cure...buy more tables. The Genie is beautiful, congratulations on your 'collection'.

#78 6 years ago

Believe me, it won't stop there

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Quoted from V_piscopo:

2-1 it's less than 2 mo. $100. Did I just f--k myself? If he takes that bet in 2 mo. He's 1/2 way to a new pin..... We all know he won't last 2 mo.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

It took less than ONE month

Looking forward to Trident pics, if it is as nice as Genie you will be at wizard buying mode!

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from mr300ww:

Well..... you guys were right, found and bought another machine today. Picked up a 1979 Stern Trident Machine, pics will come later

Nice! I've been getting into the classic Sterns lately but that's one I've never seen in person before.

#81 6 years ago

Cosmetically it’s very nice, just has a couple things needing to be replaced, I think just a spinner and a few bulbs. Going to pick it up today so hopefully I will have pictures tonight

#82 6 years ago

7C0DF054-A9FC-40BB-AC1A-D5F9DFC52AA3 (resized).jpeg7C0DF054-A9FC-40BB-AC1A-D5F9DFC52AA3 (resized).jpeg

2BB49A75-EDC8-4FCA-9DFB-77ECCE8AB115 (resized).jpeg2BB49A75-EDC8-4FCA-9DFB-77ECCE8AB115 (resized).jpeg

#83 6 years ago

Sweet Trident!! Congrats. Sure is addicting lol

#84 6 years ago

Awww...
now Genie has a friend

Nice score bud

4 months later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 7.50
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waterbury, CT
$ 75.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Other
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-have-my-own-table/page/2?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.