Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by BLACK_ROSE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I went to another Forum's Pinball Party this Past Sat-.. There were about 20 to 25 Pin's on hand to play.. MM & CV were on my mind All the way there. I've heard The Good, The Bad and the It's Ok , about MM.. I Played MM , 7 times.. It's NOT shallow by No mean's !! 1 , Main goal is to drop the door, knock down the gate, destroy the castle, and blow out the castle walls. The troll's that pop-up are cool, they do seem to get in the way at time's.. I'm glad the owner left the key's in the door,, I had to Crank-up the volume to get into the game,, Alot of Pin's & people make for alot of Noise.. Anyway , The audio from MM is Great !!! It goes well with the Pin.. But for MM to Sell between $ 7500.00 to $ 9500.00 ( No Way ) IMHO ,, TZ is a BETTER Pin , and CV ,, Nice light show, DMD is in the p/F, bIG b/g that has a pop-n ball ( WoW weeee ) ( Not 4- me )!!!

.. These HIGH $ pin's like MM, CV ,CC ( No Thanxx ) I would like to have a MM of my own for a Week, Play it , understand it , SELL It !! Just my .02 cent's worth ... Wolfy & Hooked are the guy's in the pict's..

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h392/BLACK_ROSE11/BashRkFs001-1.jpg

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h392/BLACK_ROSE11/BashRkFs008.jpg

#2 12 years ago

i had a voltaire for a bit but the high price couldn't be justified agree 100%

#3 12 years ago

Last time i played or even saw a MM in person was about 15 years ago when i was 12'ish years old. Must have been brand new back then.

I've played MM a lot on the Williams Pinball collection, got the rules down pat. Not really that deep, but it doesn't have to be. It's awesomeness knows no bounds. I would love to play one again someday.

#4 12 years ago

Pins are just like every thing else, if you go into it hearing too much about something or hearing that is the "GREATEST" of the "worst POS of all time" or it sells for "__ $$$" than you go in with a bias. Its the same with movies, music, or whatever. MM and CV are both awesome games, as well as TZ and BSD.

It just comes down to personal preference in pins, but I always try to go into a machine blind so to speak (not thinking how expensive it is to own, or how highly its rated) and you always have a good time for it.

Whenever I take a newbie out to play pinball in PDX, I always have them play an MM (even though the ruleset is too easy for me anymore). It's a fantastic gateway pin so to speak. CV too, the ringmaster is a hit with newbies. But I don't tell them that they are some of the highest regarded pins of all time, or some of the most expensive, I just let 'em play. And they usually have an awesome time, see pinball machines in a new light, and get sucked into this shared sickness we all have. And I know, at least on this forum, is regarded as a good thing.

#5 12 years ago

Interesting I also agree with you 100%. I think MM is a great game and am not so sure about CV but there are many others that are equally as good and much cheaper.

#6 12 years ago

Ive had them both, well still have my MM, love the game, by far one of my favorites.
CV its cool concept but not for me

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I went to another Forum's Pinball Party this Past Sat-..

First of all BR, for shame, going to another forums pinball party- Ye needs to walk the plank ya scurvy dog! Its cool that you got a chance to play MM and CV. I wondered what your opinion would be of them. We all have favorite pins and MM happens to be the holy grail for me.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

First of all BR, for shame, going to another forums pinball party- Ye needs to walk the plank ya scurvy dog!

lol, yeah sure, except it seems most of pinside is either out of the USA or in the midwest.
I wish I could have went to that "other forum party". .. *hush hush*

#9 12 years ago

anyone know the going $$ on MM right now?

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

There is a big range depending on the condition. Believe it or not, I think they start around $6,000 for a piece of crap right off route. They can go all the way up to $15,000+ for a high end restoration.

#11 12 years ago

Here lately , i have seen them Listed on Mr Pin from $ 9k to $ 11 k ,,,,,, Crazzzyyy !!!

. Mr Pin's 2011 P.G.Book has it valued @ $ 7000.00 , 2010 -- $ 7200.00 .

Which are compiled Sell-n Price's that sold the Previous 2 yr's on E-bay ..

#12 12 years ago

If someone really f'n digs Medieval stuff the MM is their game.
If someone really f'n digs the Circus & Magic as well the CV is their game.
Themes sell in Pinball.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

I saw a pretty nice (not perfect) one go for $8,500 on ebay the other day. Seems like prices are starting to slowly come back down to reality. Still got a ways to go to get there though.

#14 12 years ago

You forgot to mention the CC that was at the party. Even more money and it was mint. Insane..

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Themes sell in Pinball

I don't f'n care about golf, i have NGG
I don't f'n care about arab things, i have TOTAN...

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from guymontag451:

It just comes down to personal preference in pins, but I always try to go into a machine blind so to speak (not thinking how expensive it is to own, or how highly its rated) and you always have a good time for it.

+1 on that I agree 100%. I always seem to have fun playing MM not sure how it would be to own. I am not the biggest fan of CV but it is a solid pin I can see why some love it.

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from Holy_Pickle:

I don't f'n care about golf, i have NGG
I don't f'n care about arab things, i have TOTAN...

+1

JM was not a great movie at all, love the pin.
I've never even seen the old DW series, favorite pin in the house.
I'm not much of a stormchaser, but WW is a great game.
SG, the movie is alright I guess,but what a great pin.

then again, i'm just one of those guys who doesn't care about the theme at all.

#18 12 years ago

Whether or not MM is worth 10,000 + I can't say. But I can say that it was a blast to play, I loved playing it. A local greasy spoon had one for about 8 months. I was so upset when the machine was replaced. CV was ok, nothing special but i do like light shows.

#19 12 years ago

I fell in love with Tatman's MM at the party before is last one. I played several times that night. I think I would buy one. I might even trade two pins for one nice MM someday. I could live with MM and WOZ next too each other. LOL Here I go again.....

#20 12 years ago

If MM is the best pin made, and let's face it, many people are of that opinion, it makes perfect sense that they sell for the prices that they sell for.

Does that mean the price is worth it? That completely depends on ones priorities and financial situation. You can only say whether it is, or is not, worth it to *you*.

#21 12 years ago

Thanks guys,
I remember a few years ago they (MM)were at $7000

think the WOZ pin is looking better and better now

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

You forgot to mention the CC that was at the party. Even more money and it was mint. Insane..

Yr right Chad,, The CC ,, was Beautiful !!! The game play was cool too.. I have a 4 minute video of me play-n it , but i was told by ( tHE OWNER ) Not to Air the video's. Out of Respect , I won't..

CC, I would lke to have.. MB , I have owned , Just wasn't Deep enough.. Nice Toy's on the p/f tho.. I sold it for $ 4800.00 last year and the p/F was Great. I did put a cliffy at the Mosh pit and loaded the pIN in LED's .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-got-to-see-play-medieval-madness-cv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.