Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Coyote
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

You say:

What 'reset' did you do? Factory, or something else?

#9 6 years ago

Also - what ROM revision are you running (9.4H, 9.2, etc..), and is your game a sample game? (In other words, do you have two 7-opto boards mounted under the playfield, or 1 10-opto board?)

The game ROM/software is programmed, on bootup, to identify if those optos are installed or not. (To maintain compatibility with sample/proto games that may have them installed.) So, on bootup, if the opto is blocked - i.e. The switch is open (since remember, opto switches are backwards from normal switches), the software should, then ignore that switch - up until it closes (opto beam is made). Then the game will think that switch is installed, and handle it accordingly.

Considering your game is flagging it, and other have had this issue, I'm thinking there may be a bug in the software that your game (and others that have had this issue) is running into; flagging a switch that shouldn't be flagged.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Now, I do know that the ROMs are all marked P3 (not even L3! If memory serves, P3 is a prototype?), so this could certainly be something.

That's your issue. P is 'Preliminary', and was sent out with Sample games and early Production games. The code is VERY unfinished, has bugs, and likely does NOT have the code to handle those missing optos yet, so the game is flagging them (well, that one) as bad.

There are a handful of companies that can burn ROMs for you, and ten times that number of other owners who could. (Send me a PM.) Upgrading your sound is not *required*, but if it's a P- revision as well, I recommend it.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I believe 71 was the Third Magnet opto, that was deleted from the game pretty late in the design cycle. A newer rom will account for that and fox the issue. 9.4 is the one to use.

71 is actually the 2nd Autofire opto. 82 is the third (UR) magnet. 86 is the Clock Passage switch (located above slot machine). These three were removed from production.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I stand corrected.

No harm done! Figured I'd let everyone know what those switches did do, so in five years form now, someone with the same (or fimilar) problem learns somethin'.

For the record, in 9.4H, the 2nd Autofire opto does nothing, except for if it gets blocked, the autofire kicker will try to clear. The clock passage opto just scores some points, and dim-flashes the clock GI and makes a 'tick' sound. The UR magnet opto has some usage in the Spiral mode, and start of Multiball.

2 weeks later
#21 6 years ago

Glad you got it!

The GI thing.. not sure I can help there, unfortunately.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 132.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 14.95
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-got-my-tznow-what?tu=Coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.