18342063_308342109599118_6864823331952008762_n (resized).jpg
21CoqwtrRCL (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
20170329_201347 (resized).jpg
20170329_201341 (resized).jpg
20170329_201329 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I’ve been wanting a Gottlieb Spin Out for a while now and I saw one come up on kijiji yesterday afternoon and pounced on it less than 2 minutes after being posted. The seller was very cool. Even though he was receiving dozens of higher offer he sold it to me for the asking price because I was first in line.

Only downside is his elderly mother thinking she was doing something nice for him painted the cab BLACK…. WHY GOD WHY…..

I will be slowly and carefully stripping the paint off to save the original artwork underneath if possible. Otherwise the back glass and play field are in really nice shape and it took me all of 5 minutes to diagnose and fix the ball count unit that was preventing the game from starting.

20170329_201329 (resized).jpg20170329_201329 (resized).jpg

20170329_201341 (resized).jpg20170329_201341 (resized).jpg

20170329_201347 (resized).jpg20170329_201347 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Congratulations! Looks like a nice candidate for a restore and a tune-up. Have yet to play one but as with any wedgehead I would love to own one - looks like a decently fun game and I like (what I assume to be) the "SPECIAL" incentive. (assuming it's not just A-B-C-D)

#3 7 years ago

From what I am told there is a secret multi-special for getting all the numbers in the roto target (and getting the #4 last) is super cool and rare.

#4 7 years ago

I like how they have the bank shot diagramed out on the pf. I think that's a sucker bet though. Neat looking game.

#5 7 years ago

Just played Spin Out today! Fun game!

I've used Goof Off in a can to get the latex paint off and leave the original paint. It was a Gottlieb Domino that had brown latex paint on it and it worked pretty well.

#6 7 years ago

I own it. it's a fun game. Congrats!

#7 7 years ago

Yeah i've done a lot of reading regarding removing the paint and apparently Goofoff has changed their formula in the last few years and now contains acetone and could harm the original paint.

Quoted from jodini:

I've used Goof Off in a can to get the latex paint off and leave the original paint. It was a Gottlieb Domino that had brown latex paint on it and it worked pretty well.

#8 7 years ago

Getting all seven nos gives a real rat a tat tat on the knocker. On the roto only one 3 & one 4. Good pick up. Also for info missing small plastic in front of the roto.

#9 7 years ago

After about 30 minutes and some elbow grease I see a Spin Out race car driver peaking back over nasty black paint!

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago

Can't wait to see the cabinet with all the black paint off the game. Nice going.

#11 7 years ago

Saw your post on the Facebook group too, original paint looks very nice hiding under there.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

Be careful not to mix up Goo Gone and Goof Off, Goof Off is very strong and much different than Goo Gone (even if you used Goof Off for real, it was worth noting)

#13 7 years ago

Looking good! I'm guessing the front of the head will be the hardest to get the black paint off.

#14 7 years ago

What would make you say that?

Quoted from Electrocute:

Looking good! I'm guessing the front of the head will be the hardest to get the black paint off.

#15 7 years ago

Just seems like the wood becomes more porous over time in that area.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from CoitusMysterioso:

Only downside is his elderly mother thinking she was doing something nice for him painted the cab BLACK…. WHY GOD WHY…..

I feel the same way when people powder coat stainless steel side rails and lock down bars. You're lucky they didn't do those in black as well. A lot harder to remove than latex paint.

#17 7 years ago

what are you using to remove the paint?
i have tried a lot of stuff and i have found this stuff to work the best

21CoqwtrRCL (resized).jpg21CoqwtrRCL (resized).jpg

1 week later
#18 7 years ago

A '70's version of Buckaroo!

#19 7 years ago

Xylene

Quoted from boilerman:

1 month later
#20 6 years ago

Nice, I just picked one up today. I'd been asking my friend if he'd sell it for over three years but he wouldn't let it go unless he got another wedgie so I traded him a High Hand!

18342063_308342109599118_6864823331952008762_n (resized).jpg18342063_308342109599118_6864823331952008762_n (resized).jpg

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

Nice, I just picked one up today. I'd been asking my friend if he'd sell it for over three years but he wouldn't let it go unless he got another wedgie so I traded him a High Hand!

Nice grab! Although I don't know if I would have traded a High Hand for one. Unless I had two, then maybe.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I tried that two weeks ago on my Kickoff, I don't know what paint was on it but it laughed really hard at Lift Off even after sitting on the paint for over an hour.

Your mileage may vary.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-got-my-gottlieb-spin-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.