Machine_on_Flintstone.png
image-28.jpg
DSC02681_zps307bbbfd.jpg
DSC02680_zps3a01cfd1.jpg
DSC02685_zps8eeb54ed.jpg
DSC02686_zps1284bca9.jpg
DSC02684_zps8c74303c.jpg
DSC02692_zps0db0970a.jpg
There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 11 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Is there a reason you won't post any pics of the top left of the playfield? I really need to see what's missing from my friends spinner

Wow, that really does not seem like the right attitude to get someone to do you a favor. Why should he put in effort for you when you seem to be unable to articulate what you want or even to attempt to get what you need yourself.

How about looking at all the pictures of the playfield already out there, like at IPDB:

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=888

They even have a close up shot of the top left.

#152 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Finally got my buildings lit up.

Looks good. What kind of LED's did you end up using? I really like how the left site looks and I like the glow of the right side, but you have three major bright spots.

I really like the green spot light

#153 11 years ago
Quoted from daley:

Wow, that really does not seem like the right attitude to get someone to do you a favor. Why should he put in effort for you when you seem to be unable to articulate what you want or even to attempt to get what you need yourself.
How about looking at all the pictures of the playfield already out there, like at IPDB:

I have looked at IPDB ,I have done google searches, I have asked here on this thread twice, I have sent the OP a PM, and I would suggest you mind your own business

#154 11 years ago

Ogeisto: its SpOoKs. I bought your RCT awhile back. I can take a few pics of mine if you need that corner. Pm me bro'~SpOoKy

#155 11 years ago
Quoted from daley:

I got a little carried away my apologies

#156 11 years ago

I have looked at IPDB

The reason I specifically mentioned IPDB is because this photo is on there. Is this not what you are asking for?

image-28.jpgimage-28.jpg

#157 11 years ago
Quoted from daley:

The reason I specifically mentioned IPDB is because this photo is on there. Is this not what you are asking for?

yes but i still cant see what is in the very top left corner i can see a little of blue in the pic but still cant see what this like so in can try to make something thanks for any help mine has the small plastic with the cross bones

#158 11 years ago

Pics coming tomorrow am~SpOoKs

#159 11 years ago
Quoted from SpOoKyRiDeS:

Pics coming tomorrow am~SpOoKs

thank you very much i want to try to make something i just have the studs sticking up there

#160 11 years ago

Yep, the left side is tricky. Not much room at all under the buildings for the wires to hang down! I shimmed the buidling up under that mounting bracket just enough to let the ball pass through, took a number of different iterations before I got it to work but well worth it.

#161 11 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

thank you very much i want to try to make something i just have the studs sticking up there

I think everything you guys need is shown on this dude's site:

http://thearcademan.net/williams-flintstones-pinball/

#162 11 years ago
Quoted from daley:

Looks good. What kind of LED's did you end up using? I really like how the left site looks and I like the glow of the right side, but you have three major bright spots.
I really like the green spot light

Ironically, I ran out of wedge based LEDs and had to stick old 555s in there for now. The hotspots look more intense in the pics. They're really not that noticeable in person.

#163 11 years ago

I think everything you guys need is shown on this dude's site:
http://thearcademan.net/williams-flintstones-pinball/

the pic is good but still not showing whats in the corner here a pic of mine im missing something you can just see a small of blue in the pic from dudes pic

Machine_on_Flintstone.pngMachine_on_Flintstone.png

#164 11 years ago

the pic is good but still not showing whats in the corner here a pic of mine im missing something you can just see a small of blue in the pic from dudes pic

This image was on the site that Phetishboy gave you a link to. It shows that corner completely. It looks like you have everything you need it is just mounted incorrectly.

Flinstones-039-1024x576.jpgFlinstones-039-1024x576.jpg

#165 11 years ago

still looks like something is missing, there are three threaded studs sticking up. Wouldn't you think something goes on them? I do see where Turbos plastic is mounted wrong though

#166 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Finally got my buildings lit up. For those that make it sound like an easy 5 minute project, it isn't. The hardest part is getting all the sockets mounted, soldered and daisy chained in such a way that the terminals and wires are out of the way and sitting where you want them to be. The right side is easier, as more of the buildings sit behind the ramp. On the left one, the buildings sit right over the top of the ramp. Also, that square hole in the center isn't cut out for your convenience. It's actually cut out for an existing gate assembly, which also needs to fit in that space with the new bulb socket you're installing. I had to install and remove the left side buildings at least 5 times before I got everything routed and bent out of the way far enough or the ball would get caught in the left ramp. I also used shrink tubing on my connections so if they accidentally touched one of the metal support bars underneath, they wouldn't short themselves out. Here are some playfield pics, then views from the commercial side to residential, and vise versa:

That is looking really good. Will add some this to my just received Flintstones. Great work bro!

#168 11 years ago
Quoted from daley:

This image was on the site that Phetishboy gave you a link to. It shows that corner completely. It looks like you have everything you need it is just mounted incorrectly.

that back plastic is not mounted right mine is mounted on the back board with lights behind it

#169 11 years ago

that back plastic is not mounted right mine is mounted on the back board with lights behind it

This is how mine is mounted:

DSC02699_zpsace7b2a2.jpgDSC02699_zpsace7b2a2.jpg DSC02697_zps32aa354e.jpgDSC02697_zps32aa354e.jpg

#170 11 years ago

And I had to remove, resolder and repopulate the little light board in the back to light up the back corner. Every bulb was dead, cold solder joints everywhere. No wonder it was so damn dark back here. This helps tremendously:

DSC02698_zpsb0e48787.jpgDSC02698_zpsb0e48787.jpg

#171 11 years ago

Looks REALLY nice, man.

#172 11 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Looks REALLY nice, man.

Thanks David. Nice to hear from you again. How's that Monster Bash of yours? Man I'd love to find one of those, though I'd be just as happy getting a decent Creetch for half the cost.

#173 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

This is how mine is mounted:

So did any of the pics posted or linked help you fine fellows?

#174 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

So did any of the pics posted or linked help you fine fellows?

no really mine little board with the 5 lights with the plastic sign is mounted on the back its not curved its flat i will keep looking something is just missing... the one pic shows a small part of blue plastic like a sling shot i will make one out of an old slingshot

#175 11 years ago

no really mine little board with the 5 lights with the plastic sign is mounted on the back its not curved its flat i will keep looking something is just missing...

The light board on all of them is flat, the plastic is still curved. The plastic being mounted differently is the only thing different on yours. Look at this picture, the blue plastic you are talking about is just the corner of the same plastic you have. and you can see in the wider shot the alcove with the lights behind it.

image-28.jpgimage-28.jpg

#176 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

And I had to remove, resolder and repopulate the little light board in the back to light up the back corner. Every bulb was dead, cold solder joints everywhere. No wonder it was so damn dark back here. This helps tremendously:

My right buildings had the spot in the roof too since buildings are so flat. I wonder if you put the wide angle concave LEDs in them it would space out lighting and make it really even? Perhaps they are not bright enough those.

I have a ton and can send you some free of charge if you wanted to try it out?

#177 11 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

My right buildings had the spot in the roof too since buildings are so flat. I wonder if you put the wide angle concave LEDs in them it would space out lighting and make it really even? Perhaps they are not bright enough those.
I have a ton and can send you some free of charge if you wanted to try it out?

You can send me 3 if you want, I won't complain. I just can't believe I ran out of them just before I finished the mod. Irony.

#178 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Thanks David. Nice to hear from you again. How's that Monster Bash of yours? Man I'd love to find one of those, though I'd be just as happy getting a decent Creetch for half the cost.

Monster Bash is doing great. It's still my favorite pin, but Tron is starting to give it a run for its money with the new code update (the blue DMD I just ordered and the upcoming fiberoptic ramp mod may put it over the top. We shall see).

I used to have a Creature (it's now Krajkerjac's 1,000,000 CFTBL). I miss it and would love to have another one in the collection someday. It's a sweet game and the classic drive-in theme is the bee's tits.

#179 11 years ago
Quoted from daley:

The light board on all of them is flat, the plastic is still curved. The plastic being mounted differently is the only thing different on yours. Look at this picture, the blue plastic you are talking about is just the corner of the same plastic you have. and you can see in the wider shot the alcove with the lights behind it.

Yep, I think you're just Chasing Ghosts and Shadows.

#180 11 years ago

I used to have a Creature (it's now Krajkerjac's 1,000,000 CFTBL). I miss it and would love to have another one in the collection someday. It's a sweet game and the classic drive-in theme is the bee's tits.

That's kinda what I think I'll think. I love classic Mid-Century Americana stuff. Trying to trade my TFTC + Cash for one right now.

1 week later
#181 11 years ago

OK, messed with the GI lighting in my backbox some more. I decided to use LEDs in the center area, and regular 555s in the surrounding translite. Which looks better?

Original translite, all incandescents:

.jpg.jpg

New translite, all LEDs:

DSC02730_zps62fda736.jpgDSC02730_zps62fda736.jpg

New Translite, mix of both:

FS_555-LED.jpgFS_555-LED.jpg

#182 11 years ago

It's a sweet game and the classic drive-in theme is the bee's tits.

That's a new one to me.

Quoted from Phetishboy:

I decided to use LEDs in the center area, and regular 555s in the surrounding translite. Which looks better?

Looks really nice. It just goes to show how LED's done properly can really make a game pop.

#183 11 years ago

I like the last picture! What type of leds did you use?

#184 11 years ago
Quoted from sneljo82:

I like the last picture! What type of leds did you use?

blue, red, purple and white ablaze 1s and 3s.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 6.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.50
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-got-my-flintstones/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.